PDA

View Full Version : Mohammed Mahmudullah Riyad

Fortuner
June 4, 2007, 03:04 PM
This guy is a pacer all rounder. selected for bangladeshi odi team of lanka series

Any1 noes much bout him?

Wld like to noe more bout him? hw tall is he? is a hitter or slow one like javed or mehrab?

ialbd
June 4, 2007, 03:09 PM
a right thread in the right time.... want to know more....

cricinfo doesnt say much....

MohammedC
June 4, 2007, 03:10 PM
I thought he is right arm off spinner and a batsman

Ittefaq (http://www.ittefaq.com/get.php?d=07/06/05/w/n_zqvuqk)

Russell2k7
June 4, 2007, 03:10 PM
I think he is 5-11 and may grow a bit more.

Farhad
June 4, 2007, 03:14 PM
Hes actually an offspinner (Did some research on him). I understand how you might think otherwise, considering that both Cricinfo and CricketArchive put him down as a medium pacer. Im really interested to see him in action. He's doing amazing in List A matches. I predicted him to be in the Bangladesh team by the end of the year. So far so good...

ialbd
June 4, 2007, 03:28 PM
how old is he anyway? there are references for him playing u-19 not long ago...

sensible
June 4, 2007, 03:28 PM
Prothom-Alo says he is a off-spinner. However, I couldn't find much about him. I googled him got the score card for a 4 day match in the national cricket league. He plays for Md. Ashraful's team. But in that match, he bowled 3 overs, conceded 10 runs and scored 20 runs of 29 balls. Nothing else coud be found about him. I think he is one of those surprise moves by our selectors....."jodi laiga jai....."

tonoy
June 4, 2007, 03:32 PM
Hope he turns out to be another find like Saqibul. Remember saqib's debut at zimbabwe. But he really shined at the match against srilanka where his unbeaten 67 almost posted a threat to srilanka's 300 target. we scored 267 on that match by the way :D

metallian
June 4, 2007, 03:34 PM
Prothom-Alo says he is a off-spinner. However, I couldn't find much about him. I googled him got the score card for a 4 day match in the national cricket league. He plays for Md. Ashraful's team. But in that match, he bowled 3 overs, conceded 10 runs and scored 20 runs of 29 balls. Nothing else coud be found about him. I think he is one of those surprise moves by our selectors....."jodi laiga jai....."

hahahah well said jodi laiga jai. lol

Sovik
June 4, 2007, 03:34 PM
here is what i found in cricinfo>> (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/slvbdesh/content/player/56025.html)

tonoy
June 4, 2007, 03:35 PM
he has a poor average. an average of mid 20 isnt what we are looking for.

WarWolf
June 4, 2007, 03:39 PM
He is in the team as a off-spinner, not as a batsman. His batting is bonus.

SS
June 4, 2007, 03:39 PM
He could be another seamer turned to an offie spinner(like Rafiq,Razzaq).

Nafi
June 4, 2007, 03:41 PM
His height is no advantage if he is JUST ANOTHER SPINNER, which we dont need, seriously does anyone fast bowl anymore in Bangladesh. Cant we just force this guy to go to the gym and start pace bolwing till he can reach 90mph :lol:

sadi
June 4, 2007, 03:43 PM

He is a bowling allrounder. Batting average of mid 20 is actually okay. I am more interested to see how he does with the ball.

Murad
June 4, 2007, 03:47 PM
hes an off-spinner, who can bat well..

i think after rafique retire.. we should not add another left arm spinner.. if this guy can bowl well, we will be set..

Fazal
June 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
I am more interested to see how he does with the ball.

And I am more interested to know who is his Mamu. Not that I am discounting his future potential or his recent performance in team-a. Beacuse for all practical purpose, that will dictate how long will be his 1st visit in the national team. Its not that we desparety need another spinner in the team.

Looks like somehow we ended up another spinner allrounder in the team.

SS
June 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
Till we have an academy where Denise like figure teaches young kids, don't expect nothing extraordinary from our players overnight.
As a newcomer ofcourse wish him all the best, but playing SL in SL will be an acid test.

Nafi
June 4, 2007, 04:05 PM
I hope this guy is the pace bowler we need, not a spinner which will be practically worthless unless he is Murali's long lost brother. :lol:

nasimul
June 4, 2007, 04:22 PM
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56025.html

Hatebreed
June 4, 2007, 04:47 PM
Ah he's from Mymensingh! In that case, I hope he does extremely well.

rubel_18
June 4, 2007, 05:04 PM
I hope this guy is the pace bowler we need, not a spinner which will be practically worthless unless he is Murali's long lost brother. :lol:

LOL:floor: :floor: :floor:

bulbul_fan
June 4, 2007, 05:07 PM
I Think Thre R Two Mahmudulla
1 Is Spinnar
1 Is Fast Bowler

bulbul_fan
June 4, 2007, 05:08 PM
Rubbish Selection

They Shud Have Taken Nadif Or Raqibul

Sumon77
June 4, 2007, 09:27 PM
Rubbish Selection

They Shud Have Taken Nadif Or Raqibul
Nadif is more like a batsman than allrounder now a days and Raqibul is a top order batsman also. In ODI we laready have enough batsmen, dont we? they wanted a off spinner allrounder, thats why he is here, most probably a contender to fill up Rafiq's place when he retires.

bapzmania
June 4, 2007, 11:54 PM
Riad was one of the MCC young cricketers in the year 2005....

check this link

http://www.lords.org/mcc/young-cricketers/2005-player-profiles/m-d-mahmudullah,551,AR.html

Mahir
June 5, 2007, 12:08 AM
His height is no advantage if he is JUST ANOTHER SPINNER, which we dont need...

You seriously don't think we need an offie in the team, a regular off-spinner allrounder ? :) That's one type we're missing, or we'll soon be screaming out for, in my opinion. Mashrafee + Rasel/Rajib + 3 SLAs, regardless of how effective they may be, will ultimately be too predictable. If Riyad performs in the ODI team, I for one would like to think that he's a sure keeper.

Nocturnal
June 5, 2007, 12:10 AM
M D Mahmud Ullah

http://www.lords.org/data/images/width150/mdmahmudullah-36004.jpg
Date of Birth:
4th February 1986
Birthplace:
Mymensingh
Height:
5ft 11 inches
Nickname:
Riyad
Cricketing role:
Batting all-rounder
Year joined YCs:
Representative cricket:
Bangladesh
Best batting:
Best bowling
4-7
2005 Highlights:

...Mahmud top-scored with 80 for the YCs against Norfolk on 2nd May...
Cricketers admired:
Andrew Symonds
Interests outside cricket:
music, movies

Thanks bapzmania.
Source:http://www.lords.org/mcc/young-crick...ah,551,AR.html (http://www.lords.org/mcc/young-cricketers/2005-player-profiles/m-d-mahmudullah,551,AR.html)

Sohel
June 5, 2007, 12:19 AM

i don't think that's such a bad average for a young bangladeshi all-rounder if you put things in the proper perspective. within the real context of our cricket, i'll be more than happy if he can deliver those numbers at the international stage. i'd have taken alok kapali over him any day as the automatic selection for both the ODI and the test side. but since it is he, and not alok, with the ODI opportunity, i'll pray (sensible-y) jate laigga jay.

Go_Bangladesh
June 5, 2007, 12:21 AM
Riyad is a good player, heard a lot about him during A team tours and First class, it either for his wicket taking or run scoring, seem like a genuine solid all rounder, quoting someone from above, "Jodi laiga jai"

cricketboy
June 5, 2007, 01:00 AM
I hope he is better offspinner than Fahim Muntasir, Sabbir Ahmed and Jamal Babu.

Aritro
June 5, 2007, 01:16 AM
We discussed him in my pace bowler thread a little while ago, and discovered he was, in fact, an off-spinner

Here are his career stats:

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/62/62364/62364.html

<table><tbody><tr><td colspan="8">First-Class Career Batting and Fielding (2004/05-2006/07)</td></tr> <tr><td>
</td><td>M</td><td>I</td><td>NO</td><td>Runs</td><td>HS</td><td>Ave</td><td>100</td><td>50</td><td>SRate</td><td>Ct</td></tr> <tr><td>Overall</td><td>20</td><td>35</td><td>3</td><td>911</td><td>70</td><td>28.46 </td><td>0</td><td>5</td><td>49.32 </td><td>19</td><td>
</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table> <colgroup> <col width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> </colgroup> <tbody><tr><td colspan="8">First-Class Career Bowling (2004/05-2006/07)</td></tr> <tr><td>
</td><td>Balls</td><td>Mdns</td><td>Runs</td><td>Wkts</td><td>BB</td><td>Ave</td><td>5wI</td><td>10wM</td><td>SRate</td><td>Econ</td></tr> <tr><td>Overall</td><td>1409</td><td>35</td><td>747</td><td>20</td><td>4-64</td><td>37.35 </td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>70.45 </td><td>3.18 </td></tr> </tbody></table> <hr> <table> <colgroup> <col width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> </colgroup> <tbody><tr><td colspan="8">One-Day Career Batting and Fielding (2004/05-2006/07)</td></tr> <tr><td>
</td><td>M</td><td>I</td><td>NO</td><td>Runs</td><td>HS</td><td>Ave</td><td>100</td><td>50</td><td>Ct</td></tr> <tr><td>Overall</td><td>19</td><td>19</td><td>3</td><td>391</td><td>49</td><td>24.43 </td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>5</td><td>
</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table><colgroup> <col width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> <col align="right" width="80"> </colgroup> <tbody><tr><td colspan="8">One-Day Career Bowling (2004/05-2006/07)</td></tr> <tr><td>
</td><td>Balls</td><td>Mdns</td><td>Runs</td><td>Wkts</td><td>BB</td><td>Ave</td><td>4wI</td><td>5wI</td><td>SRate</td><td>Econ</td></tr> <tr><td>Overall</td><td>467</td><td>4</td><td>337</td><td>9</td><td>3-27</td><td>37.44 </td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>51.88 </td><td>4.32</td></tr></tbody></table>
He did very little of note at all in his recent A team matches against Sri Lanka A and England A.

However, he did stand out against Sri Lanka Academy

First match:

<table><tbody><tr><td>Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy bowling</td><td>Overs</td><td>Mdns</td><td>Runs</td><td>Wkts</td><td>Wides</td><td>No-Balls</td></tr> <tr><td>Nazmul Hossain</td><td>16 </td><td>4</td><td>39</td><td>1</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Kamrul Islam</td><td>14 </td><td>4</td><td>42</td><td>0</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Enamul Haque</td><td>35 </td><td>4</td><td>98</td><td>1</td><td>-</td><td>4</td></tr> <tr><td>Mahmudullah</td><td>37 </td><td>11</td><td>68</td><td>5</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Mehrab Hossain</td><td>29 </td><td>6</td><td>79</td><td>1</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Nadif Chowdhury</td><td>4 </td><td>0</td><td>17</td><td>0</td><td>3</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table>

Second Match:

<table><tbody><tr><td>Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy bowling</td><td>Overs</td><td>Mdns</td><td>Runs</td><td>Wkts</td><td>Wides</td><td>No-Balls</td></tr> <tr><td>Nazmul Hossain</td><td>13.5</td><td>4</td><td>34</td><td>3</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Mahbubul Alam</td><td>19 </td><td>5</td><td>53</td><td>3</td><td>-</td><td>1</td></tr> <tr><td>Ziaur Rahman</td><td>11 </td><td>4</td><td>39</td><td>0</td><td>1</td><td>1</td></tr> <tr><td>Nadif Chowdhury</td><td>2 </td><td>0</td><td>21</td><td>0</td><td>2</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Mahmudullah</td><td>23 </td><td>6</td><td>61</td><td>3</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Enamul Haque</td><td>19 </td><td>5</td><td>55</td><td>1</td><td>-</td><td>1</td></tr> <tr><td>Mehrab Hossain</td><td>5 </td><td>2</td><td>10</td><td>0</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table><tbody><tr><td>Bangladesh Cricket Board Academy bowling</td><td>Overs</td><td>Mdns</td><td>Runs</td><td>Wkts</td><td>Wides</td><td>No-Balls</td></tr> <tr><td>Nazmul Hossain</td><td>9 </td><td>1</td><td>35</td><td>0</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Mahbubul Alam</td><td>12 </td><td>3</td><td>48</td><td>0</td><td>-</td><td>2</td></tr> <tr><td>Ziaur Rahman</td><td>4 </td><td>0</td><td>18</td><td>0</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Mahmudullah</td><td>39 </td><td>10</td><td>110</td><td>2</td><td>1</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Enamul Haque</td><td>30 </td><td>9</td><td>93</td><td>2</td><td>-</td><td>3</td></tr> <tr><td>Mehrab Hossain</td><td>29 </td><td>5</td><td>81</td><td>0</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr> <tr><td>Raqibul Hasan</td><td>1 </td><td>0</td><td>3</td><td>0</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr></tbody></table>
But it's also worth noting that he wasn't too prolific in the one-dayers.

Basically he's only had two good matches for the Academy team in the four-dayers, but also some unspectacular ones in the one-dayers, did nothing of note in the four-dayers for the A team and didn't make the team for the one-dayers.

In short: Don't expect him to set the world on fire.

cricket_king
June 5, 2007, 01:21 AM
Well it after reading a few posts, it seems as if he's an off-spinner. I don't care how crap he is.......keep him playing in the A team. If he's an off spinner, then we may have some variation in our bowling that we so DESPERATELY need!

Shafin
June 5, 2007, 04:10 AM
Let's see him in action,its too early to judge,many of our best performers never performed in the domestic league,Sumon is the prime example.

Nafi
June 5, 2007, 05:42 AM
You seriously don't think we need an offie in the team, a regular off-spinner allrounder ? :) That's one type we're missing, or we'll soon be screaming out for, in my opinion. Mashrafee + Rasel/Rajib + 3 SLAs, regardless of how effective they may be, will ultimately be too predictable. If Riyad performs in the ODI team, I for one would like to think that he's a sure keeper.

Oh yeh I forgot our spinners are left handed.

Rabz
June 5, 2007, 06:00 AM
Yes... an offie who can bat lower down the order is exactly what we are missing in the team.
An army of left arm is good but it lacks variety.

Dont really know much about him but is certainly anxious to find out more.
IF he gets a chance to play in the ODI against the Lankans, we will surely found out.

WarWolf
June 5, 2007, 11:47 AM
A good offie is a gift. Hoping him to be a bright one.

rah
June 5, 2007, 12:50 PM

BHAIZAAN EKHANE ESHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 12:56 PM
Well it after reading a few posts, it seems as if he's an off-spinner. I don't care how crap he is.......keep him playing in the A team. If he's an off spinner, then we may have some variation in our bowling that we so DESPERATELY need!

Believe me, he wont have any trouble staying in the A team. Hes one of their most valuable players. Id go as far as to say that he is their most valuable player...

sonarbangla
June 7, 2007, 08:04 AM
khaise.. he doesn't look tht attacking with a goody smile on his face. wht is this guy ;D .. ahem.. lets see..

Sumon77
June 7, 2007, 08:40 AM
IF he gets a chance to play in the ODI against the Lankans, we will surely found out.
Most likely he wont get a chance this time. 3 spinners, Rafiz, Razzak and Saqib are automatic choice. As captain, Ash may bowl couple of overs may be. The only place vacant due to Bashar will most probably filled by Tushar. So Riyad have to wait a long unless anybody is left out for injury or something.

Hatebreed
June 7, 2007, 11:06 AM
According to Faruque, Riyad is very good and he's been picked specifically for being an off-spinner. So chances are he will most likely play in at least one game.

Farhad
June 7, 2007, 11:48 AM
The selectors seem to have been reluctant to use both Rafique and Razzak in tests, so Riyad might still get a chance. As some people have pointed out, we need that variety pretty badly...

gatekeeper
June 7, 2007, 02:11 PM
Ah he's from Mymensingh! In that case, I hope he does extremely well.

What's so special about Mymensingh?

SS
June 7, 2007, 02:27 PM
He is still young and have just started professional leagues, do you think he can have any major impact against SL. \

Not sure what their strategy will be, but going with only two pacers will not help us. Not sure why Tapash was not picked as Sharif seemed very ordinary. I understand the gap; I hope Riyad's inclusion will help us somewhat.

Russell2k7
June 7, 2007, 03:36 PM
Man why cant we get a leggie?

Fazal
June 7, 2007, 04:09 PM

"Ushta Marmu" is one of them.

cricketboy
June 7, 2007, 05:53 PM
Most likely he wont get a chance this time. 3 spinners, Rafiz, Razzak and Saqib are automatic choice. As captain, Ash may bowl couple of overs may be. The only place vacant due to Bashar will most probably filled by Tushar. So Riyad have to wait a long unless anybody is left out for injury or something.

He might be given chance in the last match after we loose the 1st 2. Then I hope we can win the last match and it will be a wonderful debut for RIyad.

Hatebreed
June 7, 2007, 06:31 PM

It's my ancestral home.

Also, people like Humayun Ahmed and Zainul Abedin are from there. I guess it's something to be proud of, and hope that a famous cricketer would also arise from there. :)

Fortuner
June 7, 2007, 08:20 PM

leggie's are rare..
actually i do gud leg spin. i m 19......if i develop i can come in bd team..:D but becomin a gud leg spinner is tough...but once became a gud leg spinner its all gona shine.my place wld b set in bangladesh team..:D

Protic
June 7, 2007, 09:43 PM
The dude looks huge .. comparing to others.. =| biceps n triceps..
Heres a pic i took from a newspaper ..sorry for the bad grafix..even my n73n coudnt take a better picture..dunno why =@.. i'll try get newer ones.
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7038/08062007154oa2.jpg

Farhad
June 7, 2007, 10:03 PM

A left handed leggie would do just fine, but a right handed one would pretty much be the same as a slow left armer, wouldnt it?

Farhad
June 7, 2007, 10:04 PM
The dude looks huge .. comparing to others.. =| biceps n triceps..
Heres a pic i took from a newspaper ..sorry for the bad grafix..even my n73n coudnt take a better picture..dunno why =@.. i'll try get newer ones.
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/7038/08062007154oa2.jpg

Woah. That guy looks huge compared to the others in that pic. You sure thats him though? He looks a lot more harmless in pic Nocturnal posted :lol:

Protic
June 8, 2007, 01:04 PM
Farhad : yeah man..the newspaped said so.. if i get more pics i'll post.. thats him alright!
Well..he can be huge..5'11..with a very mascular body..why not.. :D can be our Symonds!

Orion
June 8, 2007, 01:09 PM
5'11 and a muscular allrounder would be a rarity in BD compared to the other smaller players in our squad. I am 17 and 5'11 and I feel pretty small compared to the guys in my high school.

sar2005
June 8, 2007, 01:24 PM
I don't see much chances for Riyad to play in ODI unless team management wants to drop one of our SLAs. Saqib will definitely play as a batsman, Razzak is world number 9 in OID and is not Rafiq automatic choice?

Protic
June 8, 2007, 01:40 PM
Well..there are 3 Odis.. they can definately try sitting Rafique..probably..since Razzak is fitter..and at the top of his game.. so yeah experiment sitting rafique and give him a chance. Riyad.

Nafi
June 8, 2007, 02:04 PM
I am 17 and 5'11 and I feel pretty small compared to the guys in my high school.

You must be one skinny guy

Shafin
June 8, 2007, 02:11 PM
A left handed leggie would do just fine, but a right handed one would pretty much be the same as a slow left armer, wouldnt it?
No,leggie's and SLA's are two different class.

I always believed we could develop Ashraful into a good weapon,at least in tests.

Electrequiem
June 8, 2007, 03:13 PM
hmm ... since he is already in the team, let's see how he performs ... hopefully turns out to be a gem for BD cricket :)

Orion
June 8, 2007, 05:10 PM
You must be one skinny guy

u r right man...I am pretty skinny....but I am gonna hit the gym this summer and hopefully make debut in the BACANA cricket league in N.Y where my brother plays.

Zobair
June 8, 2007, 08:46 PM
And the legendary Banglacricket Super Moderator Zobair also hails from Mymensingh!

It's my ancestral home.

Also, people like Humayun Ahmed and Zainul Abedin are from there. I guess it's something to be proud of, and hope that a famous cricketer would also arise from there. :)

Hatebreed
June 8, 2007, 08:58 PM
And the legendary Banglacricket Super Moderator Zobair also hails from Mymensingh!

Haha indeed. :)