PDA

View Full Version : Asian XI for ODI

Ahg984
June 5, 2007, 01:24 PM
1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Virender Sehwag, 3 Mahela Jayawardene (capt), 4 Sourav Ganguly, 5 Mohammad Yousuf, 6 Yuvraj Singh, 7 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Mohammad Rafique, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Mohammad Asif.

what a team! The batting looks amazing. THere should be lot of fireworks with 5 strong hitters of the ball and a long batting lineup- goes down to no. 9.
Bowlings pretty good too.
This team can take on Australia and win comprehensively.

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 01:30 PM
Dont know about winning against Australia convincingly, but its an amazing team...

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2007, 01:40 PM
Any type of world 11 or asian 11 can't win against a regular test nation team. That is the fact.

Good lineup! I would take anyone over Dada. Whoever is in the 15. I hope Mash just rests and enjoys the tour. We have an important series coming up.

Nafi
June 5, 2007, 01:43 PM
Dont know about winning against Australia convincingly, but its an amazing team...

They have to play few matches together to understand the team, and they can thrash Australia convincingly.

mali007
June 5, 2007, 01:47 PM
I am waiting to see Mashrafee's FIREWORKS with both ball and bat.

Ahg984
June 5, 2007, 01:59 PM
Any type of world 11 or asian 11 can't win against a regular test nation team....

You mean can?

I used Aus as reference cuz they are head and shoulders above other cricketing nations at the moment. It was an attempt to get across the strength of the side nothing more.

Anyway the batting is certainly going to be aggressive with the likes of Jayasuria, Sehwag, Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh and Mashrafe. If they dont lose too many wickets too fast I see Asia XI getting 300-350 in 50 overs. Should be a fun match to watch.

cricketboy
June 5, 2007, 02:15 PM
Probably Harbhajan will play instead of rafique or Mash just beacuse he is Indian. :sick:

Nafi
June 5, 2007, 02:19 PM
Probably Harbhajan will play instead of rafique or Mash just beacuse he is Indian. :sick:

That would be the worst

Murad
June 5, 2007, 02:32 PM
only 4 bowlers???? they need to have another bowler to make it 5..
one of the batsman have to be rested..

Fazal
June 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
Fak Taley Dada Kemney Dhuklo in ODI team?

Huda
June 5, 2007, 02:53 PM
Because Dada is one of the finest ODI batsmen to have played the game and has over 10000 runs in this form of the game.

I dont think it matters, Asia X1 will win

Ahg984
June 5, 2007, 03:00 PM
Jayasuria, Ganguly and Sehwag bowl the remaining 10 overs. No need to rest a batsman.

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 03:02 PM
Five Indians in the team and Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid backed out. Had they played and Bhajji was included, wouldn't it have been India VIII vs Africa XI :confused:?????

Sovik
June 5, 2007, 03:03 PM

ICC had even better team and they failed miserably

Ahg984
June 5, 2007, 03:17 PM
well to be honest I wasn't following cricket during those years so I can't comment on the Australia vs World series.

On paper, atleast, this team looks capable of beating Australia. Sure it could have been even better with players like Murlitharan, Vaas, Sachin etc. but it's good enough as it is.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2007, 03:24 PM
You mean can?

I used Aus as reference cuz they are head and shoulders above other cricketing nations at the moment. It was an attempt to get across the strength of the side nothing more.

Anyway the batting is certainly going to be aggressive with the likes of Jayasuria, Sehwag, Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh and Mashrafe. If they dont lose too many wickets too fast I see Asia XI getting 300-350 in 50 overs. Should be a fun match to watch.
No I mean can't. The world XI or Asian Xi can't beat England, WI, SA, SL, Pak, Ind, NZ. Let alone Australia.

Shafin
June 5, 2007, 03:42 PM
Dont care about other things,but I sincerely hope Rafique and Mashrafe gets the chance.

Sadz
June 5, 2007, 03:46 PM
Actually I think this asia line up could upset Australia. Bangladesh did beat them so why cant this star studded line up beat them too?It definitely isnt impossible.

After all, impossible is nothing.

Rizvi
June 5, 2007, 03:46 PM
No I mean can't. The world XI or Asian Xi can't beat England, WI, SA, SL, Pak, Ind, NZ. Let alone Australia.

You can't just make such bold statements. You have to explain why!

Omio
June 5, 2007, 04:30 PM
Ash nai ken..
baje selecting..

Mahir
June 5, 2007, 04:31 PM
I hope Mash just rests and enjoys the tour. We have an important series coming up.

Yes I get your point about not losing him to an injury yet again by having him play in a lucklustre tournament, but I don't believe it's time yet for such mentality. I would love to see BD representatives get to play in as many matches, and as many future tournaments like this, as possible. It's great exposure to be around other stars from different teams in the same dressing room. There's lot to learn. It's a different case for living legends to be playing these sort of matches, but it's an entirely different feeling for up-and-coming youngsters. They wont lack any motivation or excitement.

Farhad
June 5, 2007, 04:34 PM
Ash nai ken..
baje selecting..

Ash isnt in the ODI squad

Ganguly da
June 5, 2007, 04:36 PM
razzak should have been included instead of rafique

Mahir
June 5, 2007, 04:38 PM
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->You can't just make such bold statements. You have to explain why!

I'll agree with T_E here. It indeed is difficult for All-star team to beat strong Test nations. Team chemistry is a big factor. So is the pre-match preparation. These All-star teams get handpicked, featuring top talents, and they dont prepare like a Test team would. Also, Managing to avoid personality clashes is a very difficult job. You can't put all the big eggs in one basket, and then expect to sell the basket for a low price to make as much profit as possible.

Ganguly da
June 5, 2007, 04:38 PM
Fak Taley Dada Kemney Dhuklo in ODI team?

dada koyek jon player der modhhe jara 15000 che beshi run koreche in both form of cricket

Timtim
June 5, 2007, 04:44 PM
they should drop dada for ash ;)

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2007, 04:44 PM
You can't just make such bold statements. You have to explain why!
Explanation:
Cricket is a team sport not an individual sport. Individuals with highest statistics had oftened performed fairly low when put together without planning and playing together for a long time. There would be no understanding among each other (players). Whereas, all the test nations have played together and know their partners, teammates strength and weakness. Be it ODI or test.

Last time BD team visited Australia had a better performance than the All-star world team who visited a year later.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2007, 04:48 PM
dada koyek jon player der modhhe jara 15000 che beshi run koreche in both form of cricket
Don't get me wrong, Dada 5 years back was one of the most devastating batsman and excellant strategist. Dada of now is no way near that. the old dada would have scored twice as much if not more with the same amount of balls in the recent world cup against BD. Age is a factor. Botham stayed too long. Dada is doing the same.

Nafi
June 5, 2007, 05:06 PM

More sense for Razzak to replace the worst spinner (harbajhan singh)

Ahg984
June 5, 2007, 05:08 PM
Harbajan isnt even in the playing 11. Why is everyone obsessed with him here?

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 05:09 PM

Khekz.....good question :-p!!!!!

Nafi
June 5, 2007, 05:09 PM

:lol: cos he is the most pathetic Indian player, Ive seen so far.

bulbul_fan
June 5, 2007, 05:17 PM
really, i also lik all indian plrz but i hate HARBAJAN, SRISANTH, MUNAF ND YUVRAJ

GothamCity
June 5, 2007, 05:38 PM
Dada is in the team so that All the Bangalis who live in Bangalore will come to see him I guess... I would have liked to see Tamim Iqbal, Aftab Ahmad and razzak in the team.
Masrafe is BD'ss strike bowler, he should really take some rest given his injuries in the past. The Asia team definitely does not have enough BD representation, they should have had a 3rd team called Indian Paper tigers with Sewhag, Zaheer, Dada & the likes !
Why is Zaheer a good bowler ? Remember the 2003 final against Australia .. Ha Ha..
Ashraful is really making me nervous about his captaincy .. igot out on 1 today's 20/20.

GothamCity
June 5, 2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ahg984

I think CricInfo had a pic with Bhajji & Chachaa Yusuf which leads to that assumption.

Russell2k7
June 5, 2007, 09:44 PM
I want to see fire works from AB de Villiers, Mashrafe and Yuvraj.

cricketboy
June 5, 2007, 09:55 PM
really, i also lik all indian plrz but i hate HARBAJAN, SRISANTH, MUNAF ND YUVRAJ

Me too. Bhai apnar sathe dosti korte hobe. :)

Protic
June 5, 2007, 10:07 PM
I dont think they are gonna give Harbhajan a chance over Rafique.. I mean come on..how bad can u get selecting? but yeah he might get one if we go 2-0 up..3rd match he might play.
I wanna see opens the bowling for asia..they are very sure to use 3 seamers.. asif,mashrafe & zaheer.

AsifTheManRahman
June 5, 2007, 10:10 PM

Nah, Zaheer will probably give it all away. He's below average. Drag Vaas in, and we might just witness Australia getting restricted below 300.

Oh and Razzak would probably pick a couple more than Rafiq.

Sohel
June 5, 2007, 11:14 PM

rafique no. the "turbantor" maybe.

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 11:58 PM
Nah, Zaheer will probably give it all away. He's below average. Drag Vaas in, and we might just witness Australia getting restricted below 300.

Oh and Razzak would probably pick a couple more than Rafiq.

Where did you get Vaas and Australia from :-/?????

Ganguly da
June 6, 2007, 02:40 AM

why them?

Trigger_Tiger
June 6, 2007, 03:20 AM
Does the match start in 40 minutes :-/?????

Baundule
June 6, 2007, 03:34 AM
There had been much more star-studded teams (remember the WorldXI) and they received the treatment from the Australians :)

Putting the big names together and making them play as a team is a difficult job.
And this team, to me, seems to be quite imbalanced. Jayasuriya and Sehwag can not be a good opening combination, Ganguly is no longer a matchwinner. Yusuf is not the man in form, Sanga could be a better choice than Dhoni and Mashrafee or Zaheer or Rafique can not threaten the Aussies. Murali is badly needed.

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 03:37 AM
There could have been a batsman from BD (Ash) and Razzaq for Rafiq. Mash could have avoided taking additional pressure like this, specially before srilanka tour, considering fitness/injury problem.

yaseer
June 6, 2007, 03:42 AM
yes...if Mashrafee get the chance to play....he should not go all-out with his bowling....he should bowl within himself....Srilanka tour is coming and we don't want any disaster

yaseer
June 6, 2007, 03:45 AM
Razzaq for Rafiq.

I think both should be there........
What Harbhajan is doing in the ASIA XI ??:waiting:

Baundule
June 6, 2007, 04:02 AM
Harbjajan is playing in stead of rafique.

Sumon77
June 6, 2007, 04:04 AM
Stupid selection. Harvajan playing instead of Rafiq. Just to attract the crowd. Its really a stupid tournament.
Teams:

Asia XI: 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Sourav Ganguly, 3 Mahela Jayawardene (capt), 4 Mohammad Yousuf, 5 Virender Sehwag, 6 Yuvraj Singh, 7 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Mohammad Asif.

Africa XI: 1 Loots Bosman, 2 Boeta Dippenaar, 3 AB de Villiers, 4 Steve Tikolo, 5 Justin Kemp (capt), 6 Mark Boucher (wk), 7 Shaun Pollock, 8 Elton Chigumbura, 9 Thomas Odoyo, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Albie Morkel

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 04:07 AM
hmm, wasnt tamim iqbal in there? shame hope they didnt replace him :(

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 04:08 AM
yes...if Mashrafee get the chance to play....he should not go all-out with his bowling....he should bowl within himself....Srilanka tour is coming and we don't want any disaster

You're right. But Mash is a sincere and honest approach type guy, he probably cant underperform while playing. He always tries his best. That's the danger.

Lets hope he takes it easy..