PDA

View Full Version : More money for NCL & some statistics

istiak
June 5, 2007, 06:03 PM
Last night i was reading the news about NCL prize-giving ceremony where BCB general Secretary Mahbub Anam said that they were thinking of introducing match fees for players in the upcoming edition of the competition and so on.... good news for our cricket no doubt..

Full report:
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/06/d70606040434.htm

But when looked the statistics from this year's NCL i was really surprised by the performance of Alok Kapali. He got the best all-rounder prize. He scored 744 in first class while the highest scorer was Gazi Slauddin with 791. In bowling he captured 44 wkts while the highest number of wkts taker was Shabbir Khan with 54 wkts. He was almost highest in both department. His OD performance was also similar impressive with 294 runs and 7 wkts. (highest 324 and 8 wkts respectively).

He deserve at least a call back to the national side. If somebody who performed that well don't get a call what the necessity to have that tournament after all?

Plz don't brand me as a big Alok fan or something like that........I was just surprised by the facts & stat.

MohammedC
June 5, 2007, 06:25 PM
It was intersting to read what was written in Ittefaq.

First time the players will recieve match fee...Does that mean they played for free all this time.

Foreign player will be invited one player(fast bowler) per team...Good move our player need to learn how to face pace bowling

National star must compete in NCL...This should have been looked at long back. No excuse will be taken by star player unless they have to compete for National team

Test team will be selected according their performance in NCL...Great move this will encourage player to perform.

Other...Divisional team will be sponsored by various Bank. Budget will be raised.

I hope they stick to their agenda

Source (http://www.ittefaq.com/get.php?d=07/06/06/w/n_zqvkur)

sadi
June 5, 2007, 08:16 PM
Great ideas. Hopefully, they will put those ideas into action. There was no match fee for the players in NCL last few years. All they received was a daily allowance of 400-500 tk whatever the amount is. Having a fast bowler to play in the NCL is a good idea but we have to make the pitches more sporting to begin with. There is no point bring a quickie from outside if there is no life in the pitch. We had this discussion few months ago about different companies sponsoring different divisions. Good to see BCB taking these ideas.