PDA

View Full Version : Where is Wha(ld)tmo're?

kaisermatin
June 5, 2007, 08:29 PM
read this link:lol:;

http://www.dailynayadiganta.com/fullnews.asp?News_ID=26043&sec=7

dewan
June 5, 2007, 08:31 PM
can you translate the following lik cuz i cant read bengali
thanks

kaisermatin
June 5, 2007, 08:44 PM
in one sentence;

Too much enthusiasm killed the cat.

He was ready to serve India (where the money is - being a professional)! A gold digger. Violated ethics by pushing away Bangladesh badly in the last test. Indians were right to understand his psychology -and they told him NO.

Nafis_BD
June 5, 2007, 10:03 PM
Wasn't there another thread that was discussing this??

Protic
June 5, 2007, 10:10 PM
Above all that.. are we SUPPOSE TO DISCUSS ABOUT INDIA SAYING NO TO WHATMORE AND HOW BADLY WHATMORE GOT DUMPED? Here in BANGLADESH CRICKET SECTION ?
Mods please move the thread.

Luvlee_nik
June 5, 2007, 10:30 PM
can you translate the following lik cuz i cant read bengali
thanks

haha, me too :P!!

yaseer
June 5, 2007, 10:38 PM
hhmm....BCCI is not that much fool i thought.....they have made the correct decision....

Sohel
June 5, 2007, 10:42 PM
i don't care where he is. where is Richie Mac ?

Electrequiem
June 5, 2007, 10:51 PM

Ditto.

But this is being too harsh on Whatmore. I mean, come on, do any of you really think he handed the last test to the indians?

james007
June 5, 2007, 10:58 PM
Have u ever read story when you were kid in which Dog sees his shadow in water and thinks that there is another dog with one bone, and barks to get that bone. And as result he drops his bone in the water. Same happened to Whatmore

Dhakablues
June 5, 2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah,, as if Indians will be served better with,, wait, who is it again? mmm,, Gerald Ford or someone? never heard of him,, really. The problem with Indian cricket is that they have Gavaskar like cricketer who was great as a player but equally confused and poltically motivated as an official. Along with that, you have this insane superlative self-fulfilling prophecy going on with these officials..
Look,,,You like him or not,, Bangladesh/Sri Lanka all benefitted superbly with Watmore. He manufactures team's future and infuses the belief that goes beyond just the skills available,,, there is no way anyone would thought a team like Bangladesh will beat Australia, India, South Africa.. he did it with his 'only passion available' cricketers. He masterminded powerplay with Jayasuria which rest of the world follows today. Srilanka is what it is today largely because of Watmore. Bangladesh is the same thing with Mortaza, Ashraful, Rafiq bunch..Without his bold presense and defense,, Bangladesh wouldve been blown away 2 years back..
For India,, they made a mistake,, I think. Watmore definitely wouldve served India better as he had the passion for the job and had the proven credential behind him.,, I am happy in a sadist way,,that India lost this opportunity..its good when your opposition cant get a hold of your retired chief of Intelligence, right? :)

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah,, as if Indians will be served better with,, wait, who is it again? mmm,, Gerald Ford or someone? never heard of him,, really. The problem with Indian cricket is that they have Gavaskar like cricketer who was great as a player but equally confused and poltically motivated as an official. Along with that, you have this insane superlative self-fulfilling prophecy going on with these officials..
You like him or not,, Bangladesh/Sri Lanka/Lancishiere all benefitted superbly with Watmore. He manufactures team's future,,, there is no way anyone would thought a team like Bangladesh will beat Australia, India, South Africa.. he did it. He masterminded powerplay with Jayasuria which rest of the world follows. Srilanka is what it is today largely because of Watmore. Bangladesh is the same thing with Mortaza, Ashraful, Rafiq bunch..
For India,, they made a mistake,, I think. Watmore definitely wouldve served India better as he had the passion for the job and had the credential behind him.,, I am happy in one sense that India lost this opportunity..

the thing is that Whatmore did do his bit, its just upto our players to take it to their advantage which they did evidently didnt do, they have a loser mentality, they didnt have any pressure on them (until now), back then probably it didnt matter if they won or lost, because they were losing so much, it was common, and when they DID lose, it wasnt like anyone would jump down their throats it was just like, what? oh, they lost? oh ok, what did u do on the weekend? (i remember some dude in bangladesh say that when i went ther a few years ago :doh: ).....

kalpurush
June 6, 2007, 12:30 AM
haha, me too :P!!
...na paratey hasir kichu nai. Ekhaney loggito houer sujug achey boiki!:-|

kalpurush
June 6, 2007, 12:33 AM
Ditto.

I mean, come on, do any of you really think he handed the last test to the indians?

Yes. I do, period

Shafin
June 6, 2007, 03:27 AM
And Siddons?

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 04:22 AM
...na paratey hasir kichu nai. Ekhaney loggito houer sujug achey boiki!:-|

amar loggito howar kono karon nai, amar baper loggito howar karon ase, ami kotho bolsi bangla shikayte, kindu she khali bole unko kore unko kore, poro shonay bhalo na korle bangla shike ki lab? pft! lyk that makes sense at all!