PDA

View Full Version : Tamim Iqbal!

bangla786
June 5, 2007, 09:57 PM
whats with tamim iqbal???? it seems that he rather likes to get himself out by himself (runt out, stummped)than by a bowler!

anywayz back to the qus,
how many of u actualy want to see tamim is test squad!

ps: so far wt i have seen its not a easy job get him out(atleast not b4 he makes a gud score) except for the time when he does it himself!

Ps: i was reading inqilab the other day and he said he is ready for long version of the game b4 going to bangolre and he also said he wants to make big score into the upcoming series and he will play due to that requirement!

Timtim
June 5, 2007, 09:59 PM
he certainly likes to give opportunities to the slip fielders

Protic
June 5, 2007, 10:00 PM
Yes i do want him in the test squad..he will understand not to throw away wicket at test level..maybe not in his first 2 innings, 3 innings..but #4 will be different, but saying that Shahriar Nafees & Javed Omar deserves 2-3 more chances..especially Shahriar Nafees. You just cant throw away your last year's prime batsman just like that.

bangla786
June 5, 2007, 10:03 PM
the opener for the test should be

tamim and rajin
or tamim and Sn
or tamim and musfique

golla mollar chara nai

bangla786
June 5, 2007, 10:05 PM
he certainly likes to give opportunities to the slip fielders

i havent seen him getting out in the slip or bowled by any bowler yet??

Timtim
June 5, 2007, 10:06 PM
i havent seen him getting out in the slip or bowled by any bowler yet??
He's been lucky a few times there....lol, the ball either flies just an inch above the fielder's hands, or in between two of them :D

bangla786
June 5, 2007, 10:13 PM
He's been lucky a few times there....lol, the ball either flies just an inch above the fielder's hands, or in between two of them :D
ya i remember them but those are when he played the shot and the ball jus knocked the edge of the bat unlike when golla flicks or defense and the ball gets poke and ryt into the fielders hand.
As for tamim,i think it will reduce in upcoming years

the more he plays the better he will get!

Electrequiem
June 5, 2007, 10:28 PM
of course Tamim should be on the test squad. As someone else on the forum mentioned, he is getting much more sensible in judging good deliveries from bad ones. Besides, when he would be playing the longer form of the game, he will learn to adapt himself automatically. I just want to see it happen much sooner than much later.

Sohel
June 5, 2007, 10:39 PM
his FC average is 43. he has talent and youth on his side. HELL YEAH.

stats, compare these to others: -

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56194.html

Murad
June 5, 2007, 10:41 PM
may be at the end of the year..against NZ but not this time.. its too early for him.. he might do well but still its too early for him...

james007
June 5, 2007, 10:54 PM
Yes, it will make him btr player. Plying test matches will help also in ODI. Since he will know how to leave some balls that are wicket taking balls

Nocturnal
June 5, 2007, 11:01 PM
Not Yet. Next Year. :)

Kabir
June 5, 2007, 11:19 PM
The more I watch Tamim play, the more I feel that he shouldn't be in the Test team yet. He's not mentally prepared. He gives up his wicket all too easily. When he's got his mind into the game, this guy is capable of doing ANYTHING. As soon as he has his mind off the game, he just throws away his wicket.

I feel that we should wait until he learns how to control his mind more than the control he has over the bat. As soon as he learns how to do that, I will be the first one to draft him into the Test squad.

Sohel
June 5, 2007, 11:27 PM
The more I watch Tamim play, the more I feel that he shouldn't be in the Test team yet. He's not mentally prepared. He gives up his wicket all too easily. When he's got his mind into the game, this guy is capable of doing ANYTHING. As soon as he has his mind off the game, he just throws away his wicket.

I feel that we should wait until he learns how to control his mind more than the control he has over the bat. As soon as he learns how to do that, I will be the first one to draft him into the Test squad.

he changes his game for the longer version from what i've seen. also, given the quality of our nationals, genuine talent can better harness itself and learn to deliver on the job. sad fact of life bro.

layperson
June 5, 2007, 11:38 PM
I think his record in the domestic longer version would speak for itself. He deserves to be in the test team. Just because he plays in a certain way in ODi's doesnt mean he will do so in test matches too. A couple of things to note here is:
1. His technique is good enough to make him successful in tests
2. His first class record shows that he is successful at scoring runs in the longer versions of the game.
3. He has the ability to play proper cricket in adddition to his swashbuckling innings' as he has shown in ODI's at times where I have seen him play sensible cricketing shots only. Its not like he only knows how to slog.

Conclusion: he needs to be included in test matches too. His aggressiveness is a plus for us. If he can give us a good start scoring fairly fast then that would break the morale of the opposition bowlers at the start of the match giving us a bit of an upperhand.

Ahmed_B
June 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
In Tests?
In a Test match... I want Bangladesh to score 450+ runs in First Innings. I Also want them to Survive atleast 5 (150 overs=900 Balls) sessions while doing that. Tamim will give us 50-80 runs... in, say, 40-55 balls. That leaves the team needing to score about 400 runs and also survive around 850 Balls.

A 60-in-100-balls holds the same value of a 80-in-50-balls in a Test match. Length of the innings is vital always.

Kabir
June 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
he changes his game for the longer version from what i've seen. also, given the quality of our nationals, genuine talent can better harness itself and learn to deliver on the job. sad fact of life bro.

That's a good argument though. I liked it. When I come to think about it, actually, many of our players learn to deliver on the job. Ashraful, SN, and even Mashrafee are example of that.

Electrequiem
June 5, 2007, 11:40 PM

I agree wholeheartedly on the control part ... but what I'm saying is that he will gain that control by being a part of test matches ... I am not saying experiment with him persay, but that he would definitely have a different, a much tamer approach towards test matches than ODIs.

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 11:46 PM
Apart from the very few matches before and during World Cup, where Tamim was looking to slog every delivary, he seems a steady batsmen who indeed does go for the jugular a little too often and does play and miss, but after scoring some runs, he does settle in.

His down fall since after the World Cup has little to do with him and more to do with the batsmen on the other side. If the guy on the other end of the crease is scoring slow, then Tamim is given the job to score quickly.....and YES that is the job specifically designated to him! And the only way Tamim knows to score is to slog.....his "natural game!"

When he tries to up the tempo by slogging because the situation demands so, he gets stumped (even though I haven't seen him get stumped that often at all, the Twenty20 today being an exception), his runouts are rather the architecture of mostly the batsmen at the other end as well.

We have yet to see many things from this bloke and as far as I can see it, he is neither like Ashraful who would give it his all brilliance at first and then fail miserably until very later, or like Shahriar Nafees who set himself apart fromt he rest so brilliantly that now his failure is utterly unbelievable! Tamim is a fast learner whose ego you can never dent.

If he gets out cheaply today, tomorrow he will make the same oppositions cry. And the best thing about him is, like a bolwer to a fresh batsman at the crease, bowling a bouncer to unsettle the new man in, once he hits that smack four or that mammoth six, he unsettles any bowler no matter who it is, after which Tamim dominates and that bowler becomes his bunny for the match if not for matches to follow (ala Zaheer Khan!).

I have a lot of hope for this bloke. Hopefully he will keep his head high and perform well :up:!

Keep it up Tamim, we're backing you :flag:!!!!!

Trigger_Tiger
June 5, 2007, 11:49 PM

I feel your concern but he needs to be exposed sooner or later because he is one of those ultimate assets we have in terms of batting. He already does have a good 4 day record (AVG 40). If he can keep that up in tests, and then improve it to something close to or over 50, it would only be good for Bangladesh and the chap himself :)!!!!!

bangla786
June 5, 2007, 11:51 PM
In Tests?
In a Test match... I want Bangladesh to score 450+ runs in First Innings. I Also want them to Survive atleast 5 (150 overs=900 Balls) sessions while doing that. Tamim will give us 50-80 runs... in, say, 40-55 balls. That leaves the team needing to score about 400 runs and also survive around 850 Balls.

A 60-in-100-balls holds the same value of a 80-in-50-balls in a Test match. Length of the innings is vital always.
tomi holo giya bhai jan zodur ma kodhu, ar bangladesh holo giya beggar, and for that matter we cant be chooser!

and ur choosing,morever expecting golla to score 60? lolz not realistic except maybe with zim even then i highly doubt:wave:

Electrequiem
June 6, 2007, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SsMsu_Fx3A

Go_Bangladesh
June 6, 2007, 12:40 AM

Against Ireland, he was bowled by johnston, but its very true, I have seen all of tamims odi and 20-20 innings, and I can confidently but sadly say that he has given up his wicket by himself by doing needless things, atleast 85% of the time

cricket_king
June 6, 2007, 02:43 AM
Definitely want him in the squad. We are desperately in need of some batsmen who can actually BAT.......i don't care if he plays aggressive or not.

Antora
June 6, 2007, 02:51 AM
I want tamim in da test team!!!! even though he plays aggresive.....he can atleast bat unlike sum pplzzzzzzz eg.bashar....
u will atleat know tamim will score more than bashar.....
sooo we need tamim in tests .. simple as that!!!!

anik
June 6, 2007, 02:52 AM
He definitely should not be in the test squad. He has lots to learn. He only started playing international cricket. IMO he needs to focus only on one day and 20/20. We have 20/20 tournament coming up and we need him for that. I wouldn't include him in the test squad for another 2 years at least. He needs to perform regularly in oneday and 20/20 then he can focus on the test match cricket. Including him in the test squad would be a big mistake.

Baundule
June 6, 2007, 03:02 AM
He is a great prospect 4 us. But I want to first see him playing sensibly in the ODIs before drafting him to the test side and then destroying his career.

WarWolf
June 6, 2007, 03:09 AM
In Tests?

Do we have any one capable of scoring 60 out of 100 balls regularly as test opener right now? I don't think so.

Spitfire_x86
June 6, 2007, 03:15 AM
In Tests?

In tests length of the innings is vital after the amount of runs, and in almost all cases quicker RR is better.

Tamim is likely to score more and survive longer than in-form/out-of-form JO or SN (in his current state).

Baundule
June 6, 2007, 03:56 AM
First class match recordwise, you can look at this profile: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56093.html

He has scored a tripple century. Averaging 58, with around 50% SR. Out of his 15 innings, he scored 50+ runs in 6 occasions. That just says, once set, he has the temperament to play long innings.

Tamim also scored fifties quite often; one-third of his innings are 50+. SR of 80%. But his highest score is only 118. In test, one must be able to occupy the crease. ANd once set, one must be able to carry on.

Antora
June 6, 2007, 05:05 AM
First class match recordwise, you can look at this profile: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56093.html

He has scored a tripple century. Averaging 58, with around 50% SR. Out of his 15 innings, he scored 50+ runs in 6 occasions. That just says, once set, he has the temperament to play long innings.

Tamim also scored fifties quite often; one-third of his innings are 50+. SR of 80%. But his highest score is only 118. In test, one must be able to occupy the crease. ANd once set, one must be able to carry on.

WOW!!!! triple century??? we definately need him now!!!!!!!

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 05:27 AM
Yes, a triple century against BD bowlers.

Much different to test match bowlers. In BD there are no express bowlers, in test theres atleast one or two in each team.

We need him to play a more conservative inning in a ODI. Not conservative as in block every ball and end the innings on 60*. Conservative as in organised. Not blindly slashing at everything with width. Not playing slogs from the start. Compare the manner of play with Hayden or Gilchrist. They've got aggression in abundance, but still can bat for ages. Tamim can get out anytime.

NO for Tamim in test.

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 05:36 AM
Both Tamim & Aftab should have been in the test team. If stroke players we unsuitable for test, then Jaysuria, Afridi, Shehwag, Hayden, Gili and many more would have been out of test. They can play stroke, coz they understand the ball better than others.

But Our sellectors probably think, they are blind hitters (Tarua), as our older generation hitters were. Unfortunate, but hope the sellectors realize it fast and both these guys be into test team, sooner.

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 05:42 AM
Tamim Iqbal looks no more than a blind hitter though.

Aftab hasn't been scoring anything in ODIs lately.

Why should they be in test when we have players such as Rajin for test?

Rabz
June 6, 2007, 05:58 AM
Tamim is a great prospect for us no doubt about it.
He is one of our future stars to look forward.
But i dont want him in the test squad just right now.
May be next year.
Let him earn it. If he gets by virtue of some other player doing not so well, he wont get the value of his wicket. He will go on doing the same business as he does in ODI's. Let him wait for it, get a hunger for it, beg for it.
Once he does that and gets the chance, he would do everything in his power to keep it, and that is, bat sensibly.

He is inevitability in the test team. Just hold on to it for a while.

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 06:09 AM

Why do u think Rajin is the weakest link? just to establish your logic? I don't want to name but there are players in the current test side who have scored much lower scores than Aftab has in ODIs, in the past and recent as well.

Tamim, Aftab they are given this kind of role to be agressive in ODIs, I am sure if they are in the test team, they will feel more relaxed and not go after every ball, as they do and will look different.

Think of the ctg test situation, have they been their, BD would have got a victory. So test is not always a game of turtles.

Antora
June 6, 2007, 06:11 AM

im sorry but i have to ask you this question..... do you have anything against tamim?

Antora
June 6, 2007, 06:14 AM
Why do u think Rajin is the weakest link? just to establish your logic? I don't want to name but there are players in the current test side who have scored much lower scores than Aftab has in ODIs, in the past and recent as well.

Tamim, Aftab they are given this kind of role to be agressive in ODIs, I am sure if they are in the test team, they will feel more relaxed and not go after every ball, as they do and will look different.

Think of the ctg test situation, have they been their, BD would have got a victory. So test is not always a game of turtles.

I totally agree with you!!!! If tamim or Aftab were there.. we could have just won!!!!

Baundule
June 6, 2007, 06:17 AM
Yes, a triple century against BD bowlers.

Much different to test match bowlers. In BD there are no express bowlers, in test theres atleast one or two in each team.

I am aware of this. Scoring a century against the World class bowlers can be even more difficult. But with triple century, I just focus on his patience and ability to score big.

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 07:36 AM
Or perhaps he just went all out at everything and got dropped a million times. Some of our fielding is Vaughan like, it isn't out of the equation.

I have nothing against Tamim, I loved watching his strokes against Tait and his baffling of Zaheer. But that's all i've seen him do.

He can't keep it up forever, not against quality bowling. I want him to show something different, not boring blocking, but safe strokes to get him boundaries. Not all or nothing.

Then I'll want him for test.

Aftab, he's a good player. But I believe there are players suited better for test than him and he'll have to improve to get into the five day game.

Baundule
June 6, 2007, 07:46 AM
Or perhaps he just went all out at everything and got dropped a million times. Some of our fielding is Vaughan like, it isn't out of the equation.

I still praise him, even if he got 20 lives on that process :)
Just for staying there for so long!

Anyway, with a career SR of 50% he does not seem to be an allout attacker. I hope, he can be a good prospect for us.

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 07:57 AM
I am aware of this. Scoring a century against the World class bowlers can be even more difficult. But with triple century, I just focus on his patience and ability to score big.

Absolutely, making a triple century against the worst bowling attack of the world speaks for itself. that needs some character.

sadi
June 6, 2007, 08:11 AM
Eto tarahura korar ki dorkar ase? Is Tamim leaving us for some other country like KP? I mean come on. He is only 18. Played a few odis. Let this kid get matured and play some first class cricket before we bring him to the test side. He has only one fifty to his name so far in international cricket but had quite a few starts. What does it tell me? It tells me that he has the ability to play the international bowlers but still lacks temperament and test cricket is all about temperament. I would wait till he plays a few big innings in the odis and in domestic cricket. He is our future. No need to bring him up too early and ruin his career.

Rabz
June 6, 2007, 08:50 AM
Very very well put Sadi.

Ahmed_B
June 6, 2007, 11:12 AM
Do we have any one capable of scoring 60 out of 100 balls regularly as test opener right now? I don't think so.
Lets forget Bashar, Pilot or JO. Pilot & JO's days are numbered and Bashar is out of form.

Lets also not count the last 4 spots of the team which are reserved for the Bowlers.

That leaves us with 6 spots max for genuine batsmen and 1 for a bowling allrounder. To choose for those spots... we have:
Batsmen: S.Nafees, Aftab, Ash, Rajin, Mushfiq, Tushar, Mehrab Jr
Bowling Allrounders: Saqib(an equally good batsman) or Farhad Reza or Md. Sharif

*S. Nafees will most likely be ok very soon.
*Even without Nafees we have 6 good batsmen and since SN and Bashar are both in the team.. that takes the number to 8. If any of those 2 needs to be replaced...Aftab will probably be preferred over Tamim.
*Tamim's days for tests will come in time. But before that, he needs to adopt his temperemant to the ODI outfit first.. and get a few 100's which he is surely capable of.... actually more than many other batsmen in the team

Zobair
June 6, 2007, 12:10 PM
I have great hopes for Tamim as a test opener. But like many others I feel that he needs to have few more successful ODI innings under his belt, get a little more consistency in his game, and another season first class cricket before he wears the test cap.

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 12:29 PM
Merger required. With the "We want Tamim in the test" thread...

Fazal
June 6, 2007, 12:40 PM
It’s a catch 20-20

To give a chance in the national team, specially an opener slot, two things need to happen:
1. There should be an opening/hole in the national team.
2. The player need s to be ready for promotions.

Currently everyone will agree that case 1 is true for now. All the known players are questionable: SN, Javed, Mehrab Jr. and even Nafis Iqbal or Rajin as opener.
Also I think most of the people may agree that it may be a little premature for Tamim to try him out.

So what are the risks we are taking?

a) By trying him out now:
Risk: Putting too much pressure on him too early. He may struggle in TEST which can also have a negative effect in him in ODI. He is too valuable for us to risk his career at this tender age.

b) By waiting one more year:
Risk: He may grow a little bit, but in the mean time the short-gap solution of Gullu/Mehrab Jr/Rajin can close the gap and the opening temporarily. So there will be no apparent need of an opener at that point. Selectors will be satisfied with mediocre and give attention to other needs like middle order or bowling. What you do then? A lost opportunity for fans (Tamim’s).

Therefore if you ask me, I would rather wait, but wouldn’t mind if he get the chance now. Because I don’t have much faith in Selector’s bold choices; specially when they have an opportunity to drop mediocre player and select new in-form players.

WarWolf
June 6, 2007, 01:31 PM
*S. Nafees will most likely be ok very soon.
*Even without Nafees we have 6 good batsmen and since SN and Bashar are both in the team.. that takes the number to 8. If any of those 2 needs to be replaced...Aftab will probably be preferred over Tamim.

Actually I also think that it's too early for tamim. But I think he should have been chosen over SN. No other team in the world except bangladesh would try to bring a batsman to form by playing him continunous international games. This is too risky and may ruin his whole career. If he gets another 6/7 chances and fail to deliver then he may be thrown out of the squad for a long time, may be forever. Isn't it bad selection?

Aftab never played as opener. So it's not wise to try him as opener against a team like Srilanka. We can try this against weaker teams like Zimbabwe. He also has severe weaknessa against quality spin. This is the reason he is not in the test squad.

jahidus200
June 6, 2007, 01:50 PM
you everybody tamim is the only player in bangladesh right now who is like jaysuria. we should must put tamim in the test squad. thats will be great for bangladesh team.

Rajowana
June 6, 2007, 01:57 PM
the reason why i like tamim is coz he's aggresive and he plays well.I think it would be reli great if tamim was in the test .

rah
June 6, 2007, 02:18 PM
loook at his first class stats, and ih has to he can play a slow longer innings, remeber the super 8 he had a cuople good played back innings
and he is a talnted aggresive opener, look at jayasuria, sehwag and hayden

selina
June 6, 2007, 06:38 PM
We should give him sometime to develop himself as a batsmen before we rush him into tests. He should learn all kinds of techniques and gather more cricketing knowledge now, so he can come out and prove himself as a good test player later on. And it's not like he's running out of time or something, he's only 18!

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 07:17 PM
Exactly my point. The days are gone when we have to draft everyone that looks good on the field into the team. Let him learn

sandpiper
June 6, 2007, 07:20 PM
me too think so, he should be given some time to learn more from international cricket. giving a test birth could be a premature decision.

BD Tigers
June 6, 2007, 08:25 PM
i'd like to see Tamim also in the test team but i am just too scared that we will loose him like Hannan Sarkar, Alok Kapali, Nafis Iqbal after promising start. We cannot afford to loose a player like that. I wud rather wait few years then see him gone forever.

GothamCity
June 7, 2007, 12:27 PM
Not sure about ALL tests, but Tamim should be included in ALL matches against India.. will always bring back memories of their world cup defeat...

Sadz
June 7, 2007, 01:44 PM
Has every1 gone mad? Tamim Iqbal is one of our finest batsmen and if he isnt going to join the test team now, then I really dont know when he is.he is really good batsmen as well as an excellent fielder. Experience is usually a big factor in sport but at this moment I dont think it is.The seniors are flops except for Rafique. Come on guys , bring on excitement, and that means bring on Tamim Iqbal!

karimjay.
June 8, 2007, 01:53 AM
Tamim is one of our finest batsmen? Yes when we need sixes every over. Not in a test match.

mhj007
June 8, 2007, 05:28 AM
in my opinion,not yet!
Jnior

bd_fan_from_india
June 8, 2007, 09:03 AM
guys, tamim iqbal is the best bangladesh batsman as of now and he has a avg of over 43 in FC cricket and gets his runs quickly at a SR of over 80. its beyond understanding that he isnt being selected for tests and players like javed omar and shariar nafees r being selected ahead of tamim iqbal for the tests. also, tamim doesnt get dismissed by the bowlers easily. whenever he gets out it is more due to his own fault than bowlers strength. most of the time tamim throws his wicket away like being run-out/stumped. if tamim can control that, he can be a very useful player in tests as he does have it in him to play the long innings at a decent SR even in tests.

also i cant understand y do over 40% of the members in banglacricket dont want tamim in the test team. i was looking forward to c tamim in the tests against sl. if bd has to have any hope of drawing or winning a test match, tamim must be there in the test xi. also, tamim is the best bd batsman, not ash, bashar, rajin, omar, shariar nafees, aftab, sakib, etc

Sohel
June 8, 2007, 09:05 AM
it's faruikka's world, and welcome to it.

Kabir
June 8, 2007, 09:09 AM
Amit,

I don't think he's the best BD batsman as of now. We've got highly talented batsmen like Ashraful, Aftab, and Saqib. Saqib has been the most consistent of all these batsmen. An upcoming one is Mushfiq, and he needs to spend more time out in the middle. Tamim is one of the best we had, which is true. But not THE best.

You're wrong in saying 40% of the BC fans don't want to see Tamim in Test. That's just a made up comment. It's rather, 40% of the BC fans don't think Tamim is ready for Tests YET, and he should start once he has the mental toughness to play in Tests. Almost everyone agreed that he should play in Tests...the question is, WHEN.

Please correct yourself.

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2007, 09:13 AM
merge merge merge the thread.

Thank you.

sadi
June 8, 2007, 09:21 AM
Well I understand where you coming from. If I am a neutral spectator, I would also want to see a player like Tamim. But when it comes down to your team, you have to do what is best for the player and team itself. It doesn't matter whether a bowler is taking his wickets or he is giving it away because at the end of the day, its the run that matters, not how someone got out or played his innings. He will be a great batsman no question about it, but its not quite his time yet.

bd_fan_from_india
June 8, 2007, 09:25 AM
kabir, i just checked out the poll results in the tamim iqbal poll - View Poll Results: Do you want tamim in the test squad?
This poll will close on September 14, 2007 at 08:28 AM
Yay 45 52.94%
Not yet 40 47.06%
Voters: 85. You have already voted on this poll

and a amazing 47.06% the people have said that they do not want tamim in the test squad. this is strange despite tamim being the best batsman.

i cant understand y dont u people think of tamim as the best bd batsman. he is rated very highly out here in india and many indians themselves were surprised when tamim was left out of the tests against ind. the way tamim played against zaheer was extraordinary despite the fact that zaheer has always knocked off the sa top-order with ease. he looked very comfortable in the afro-asian 20/20 before he got out for 30 throwing his wicket away. had he stayed on, he could have made a 60-70 and remained not out.

also, tamim is more than ready for tests. he does have a decent technique and can stay on the wicket as well. i c tamim hitting a big score in tests once he gets selected and hope he proves those 47.06% people out here wrong.

Kabir
June 8, 2007, 09:53 AM
and a amazing 47.06% the people have said that they do not want tamim in the test squad. this is strange despite tamim being the best batsman.

Again, the same mistake. And this time, it's pissing me off.

Either you just wanna avoid what I said and carry on with this flawed opinion, or you just don't have the ability to understand what I said.

-- As myself

Ahmed_B
June 8, 2007, 09:58 AM
Yes amit... you have to understand the difference between Indian and Bangladeshi perspectives here. Indians rate Tamim higher than other BD batsmen because of the beating he presented against Jaheer and Munaf. Whereas... we BD ppl know that we have other batsmen capable doing the same too.... just that they havn't delivered it yet. Forgot Ash's unbeaten 158 in Test already? :)

bd_fan_from_india
June 8, 2007, 10:19 AM
Yes amit... you have to understand the difference between Indian and Bangladeshi perspectives here. Indians rate Tamim higher than other BD batsmen because of the beating he presented against Jaheer and Munaf. Whereas... we BD ppl know that we have other batsmen capable doing the same too.... just that they havn't delivered it yet. Forgot Ash's unbeaten 158 in Test already? :)

ahmed bhai, i think u could be right there. indians rate zaheer khan highly looking at how he bowled against sa and sa and has provided the early wickets, but then looking at how tamim has hit zaheer all over in the wc & 1st odi, has made indians rate tamim highly. this is something like aussies rating laxman highly whereas most indians dislike laxman. similarly, indians rate tamim highly whereas most bangladeshis dislike tamim.

sadi
June 8, 2007, 10:23 AM
Its not that we dislike Tamim but we think he still has some flaws to overcome and need a little more experience in the first class level before we throw him in the test cricket.

bd_fan_from_india
June 8, 2007, 10:24 AM
Again, the same mistake. And this time, it's pissing me off.

Either you just wanna avoid what I said and carry on with this flawed opinion, or you just don't have the ability to understand what I said.

-- As myself

i think i understand what u said. maybe i misinterpreted it earlier

bangla786
June 8, 2007, 11:38 AM
i understand all u guyz tryna say he needs more time,but cmon despite the fact he lacks tempermant, we are gona play 3 test which is 15 days of cricket and we are leaving our 2nd most talented player????

the selectors should have given him chance to play one or two of these test(because our current test openers arent the best cookie in the jar, golla my foot) and depends on the performance the judgement could've justify.

Electrequiem
June 8, 2007, 11:44 AM
you know, nothing You and I say about Tamim will change reality. Like Sohel_NR said ... "welcome to Faruikka's world".

Farhad
June 8, 2007, 11:52 AM
I think i might have voted "no" too in that thread, but my reason was very different from the general feeling i got from the rest of the board members. I say he definitely deserves a place, but what i also say is that theres a definite chance hes going to throw away his wicket early in tests too. I dont want him to lose that confidence. Just looking at him against India in the WC, and then looking at him in the India series, you can see a noticeable drop in the confidence he gained playing with the Under 19s. When I want Tamim to come into test cricket, i want him to come in with a bang....

Zobair
June 8, 2007, 11:53 AM
What Tamim needs a couple of big ODI innings, show consistency,...to show that he is capable of building on his starts at the highest level, his FC record not withstanding. Until then Faruk and Co. are well within their rights to deny him a test cap for his own good.

bd_fan_from_india
June 8, 2007, 11:54 AM
Its not that we dislike Tamim but we think he still has some flaws to overcome and need a little more experience in the first class level before we throw him in the test cricket.

if tamim has flaws to overcome, then so do the other bd batsmen. tamim has lesser flaws than the other bd batsman. he has to just not gift his wicket away in tests and let the bowler dismiss him on own strength. tamim has it in him to play a long innings in tests. also, tamim already avged 43+ with a sr of over 80 in fc cricket, so tamim must be in the test squad.

bd is going to play 3 tests in sl and atleast in 1 of them tamim should be given a chance. i do hope tamim scores big on his debut so as to silence his critics over here on banglacricket.

Zobair
June 8, 2007, 11:56 AM
Threads merged.

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2007, 12:20 PM
if tamim has flaws to overcome, then so do the other bd batsmen. tamim has lesser flaws than the other bd batsman. he has to just not gift his wicket away in tests and let the bowler dismiss him on own strength. tamim has it in him to play a long innings in tests. also, tamim already avged 43+ with a sr of over 80 in fc cricket, so tamim must be in the test squad.

bd is going to play 3 tests in sl and atleast in 1 of them tamim should be given a chance. i do hope tamim scores big on his debut so as to silence his critics over here on banglacricket.
You must not be reading what you are writing. The one line highlighted and underlined in your quote is what we all want. Till now he has gifted his wicket away in almost all of the international games he played. There was one good ball in the WC where he was beaten and got out. Maturity is missing. The starts are there. That is why he needs more time in ODIs and FC to make us believe that he can stick around when it matters (playing longer innings say over a session 30 + overs).

bd_fan_from_india
June 8, 2007, 01:49 PM
You must not be reading what you are writing. The one line highlighted and underlined in your quote is what we all want. Till now he has gifted his wicket away in almost all of the international games he played. There was one good ball in the WC where he was beaten and got out. Maturity is missing. The starts are there. That is why he needs more time in ODIs and FC to make us believe that he can stick around when it matters (playing longer innings say over a session 30 + overs).

i am reading what i am writing. its only due to the line u highlighted & underlined is the reason y tamim iqbal should be in the test squad. being in the test squad will bring more responsibility to tamim just like in fc matches where he avges 43+ and he wont throw his wicket away.

also, i do hope tamim hits a 100 in 1 of the odis against sl to prove that not selecting him in tests was a huge mistake

and i cant understand y were the threads merged. my thread was different as it brought a bit of indian view about tamims inclusion

oshustho_mogoj
June 8, 2007, 02:04 PM
imo Not yet

WarWolf
June 8, 2007, 09:32 PM
ahmed bhai, i think u could be right there. indians rate zaheer khan highly looking at how he bowled against sa and sa and has provided the early wickets, but then looking at how tamim has hit zaheer all over in the wc & 1st odi, has made indians rate tamim highly. this is something like aussies rating laxman highly whereas most indians dislike laxman. similarly, indians rate tamim highly whereas most bangladeshis dislike tamim.
Again you misinterpreted this, Amit. You won't find a single bangladeshi who dislikes tamim. We all like him very much and think him as a player with bright future. All we care about is not to ruin his career by pushing too early in the test arena.

bd_fan_from_india
June 9, 2007, 12:59 AM
Again you misinterpreted this, Amit. You won't find a single bangladeshi who dislikes tamim. We all like him very much and think him as a player with bright future. All we care about is not to ruin his career by pushing too early in the test arena.

i never misinterpreted anything. if u guys claim to like tamim so much when y dont u want tamim in the test squad. if bangladesh have to dream of a draw or a win in a test match, then tamim must be in the test squad. tamims career wont be ruined by pushing him into tests early, but it will be runied if tamim isnt pushed into tests. tamim is the best bd batsman and he should be in the test squad.

Trigger_Tiger
June 9, 2007, 01:19 AM
i never misinterpreted anything. if u guys claim to like tamim so much when y dont u want tamim in the test squad. if bangladesh have to dream of a draw or a win in a test match, then tamim must be in the test squad. tamims career wont be ruined by pushing him into tests early, but it will be runied if tamim isnt pushed into tests. tamim is the best bd batsman and he should be in the test squad.

Khaisey baap :-|.....I like your enthusiasm bro.
We all like Tamim but a lot of us do not think that his inclusion will justify the team in that he MAY just score quick and get out, but I support his inclusion over a lot of absolutely aging no-good-doers. At least it is good to give the kid a shot and see what happens :)!!!!!

Ahmed_B
June 9, 2007, 01:33 AM
i never misinterpreted anything. if u guys claim to like tamim so much when y dont u want tamim in the test squad.
Now you even lose the benifit of doubt that you are misinterpreting. If it is not your misconception... then aren't you being a bit edgy by saying the same thing over and over?

tamims career wont be ruined by pushing him into tests early, but it will be runied if tamim isnt pushed into tests. tamim is the best bd batsman and he should be in the test squad.
Now friend... this one here is clearly solely, absolutely, specifically, uniquely, profoundly and undoubtedly your very own opinion. Not more than that. And as for the BD-fans opinions –you can see that in the poll.

bd_fan_from_india
June 9, 2007, 01:36 AM
if tamim is included, he will not only score quick, but he will score big as well. if players like shariar nafees & javed omar could be selected, then tamim must have been there. tamim has the best technique out of all the bd batsman and has it in him to play the long innings

bd_fan_from_india
June 9, 2007, 01:40 AM
Now you even lose the benifit of doubt that you are misinterpreting. If it is not your misconception... then aren't you being a bit edgy by saying the same thing over and over?

i am not saying the same thing over and over again. the poll result is proving more and more that many people(over 47% of banglacricket members) do not want tamim in the test squad & they dislike tamim. if anybody is a tamim fan, then he would want tamim to be in the test squad.

Now friend... this one here is clearly solely, absolutely, specifically, uniquely, profoundly and undoubtedly your very own opinion. Not more than that. And as for the BD-fans opinions –you can see that in the poll.

that is not just my opinion. its the opinion of over 52% banglacricket members as well

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 02:14 AM
i voted "yes" ... and will continue to do so. the quality of our FC cricket makes our selections talent-based and doesn't give talented batsmen such as tamim iqbal, junaid siddique or raquibul hasan better options than leaning on the job. besides, i don't see how they can do any worse than the current batch of openers have of late. i pray that SN succeeds and prolongs his career, potentially good openers are hard to to come by in bangladesh, but then again i have serious fears as to whether or not he will during the upcoming tour, and the dire consequences continued failure. i've said it before and i'll say it again, another string of failures against the likes of vaas, malinga, fernando and even maharoof - i don't think he'll have the chance to face murali - can do irreparable damage to his psyche as we'd grimly watch faruikka's little nepotistic gamble backfire. he should have been rested in favor of the iqbal brothers. rajin is not an opener, and our strokeless golla's lack of physical fitness, the well-recorded inability to roate the srike or play quicker, bouncier deleveries with any degree of certainty, do not make him a good opener in my book. i'm in agreement with bd_fan_from_india as one of the 52% ... and proud of it ... tamim's 4-day average is 43 by the way.

Trigger_Tiger
June 9, 2007, 02:38 AM
tamim's 4-day average is 43 by the way.

A fact which our selectors have a blind eye for any day L-)!!!!

Ahmed_B
June 9, 2007, 02:40 AM
that is not just my opinion. its the opinion of over 52% banglacricket members as well

So you really believe that 52% BC members try to speak as extreme as you about it? :)
1)tamims career wont be ruined by pushing him into tests early
2)it (his career) will be runied if tamim isnt pushed into tests.
3)tamim is the best bd batsman and he should be in the test squad.

Think again... u really believe everyone will be behind you on all 3 of these?? ;)

Ahmed_B
June 9, 2007, 02:41 AM
A fact which our selectors have a blind eye for any day L-)!!!!
I just think they are taking some time. Quite natural. It's upto tamim to demonstrate his compactness in ODI's first.

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 02:49 AM
So you really believe that 52% BC members try to speak as extreme as you about it? :)

bro, i see your point as clearly as the monitor in front of me. it's not all about that "extremism" you're speaking of here. i don't think what i and a few of the others have posted in this thread have much to do with the type of extremism you may be insinuating here.

besides, to do a little variation on the goldwater soundbite, "extremism in the defense of reason is no vice, and moderation in the face of crisis is no virtue." the recent india tour should've clearly reavealed to us that our batting in general, not to mention the the two opening slots in particular, is in serious crisis.

Ahmed_B
June 9, 2007, 03:11 AM
bro, i see your point as clearly as the monitor in front of me. it's not all about that "extremism" you're speaking of here. i don't think what i and a few of the others have posted in this thread have much to do with the type of extremism you may be insinuating here.
Exactly!
I am indicating Amit's (bd_fan_frm_india) quoted 3-resolutions as 'extremism' (like.. his career will be destroyed... blah blah..). I may even name it as 'Amitism' (only the older members will know the value of it ;) ).

My question to Amit was, whether he thinks that those 52% yes voters will agree to all 3 of his resolutions or not. :)

WarWolf
June 9, 2007, 03:23 PM
I like my 14 years old younger cousin who is an exciting talent and I am sure he will be a great player in time. This doesn't mean I should claim his place for in the test squad right now. :floor:

layperson
June 9, 2007, 04:20 PM
I like my 14 years old younger cousin who is an exciting talent and I am sure he will be a great player in time. This doesn't mean I should claim his place for in the test squad right now. :floor:

I am sure your 14 year old cousin has not had the same kind of international exposure Tamim Iqbal had and he does not average 43 in first class matches. :)

Going to Ahmed_B's post about whether the 52% would be behind the viws presented by bd fan frm india: I can speak for myself and I think it might be what the 52% is thinking too. Tamim is not the best batsman we have, he is one of the best. His career would not be finished if he is not given a chance now but it is definitely a regressive minded approach to keep him waiting and thus can be frustrating for the player. So in other words, Bd fan frm india's views are bordering on extremism maybe out of frustration at not seeing tamim in the test team. However i do not necessarily concur with those points. What I do agree is Tamim should have been in the test team and there is no two way about that. He may be a kid but he has had a lot of international exposure and has a good average in first class matches. Age should not be the barometer for measuring a player's maturity or readiness to be involved in test matches or international matches. It is also extremely unfair how fans tend to judge Tamim and Aftab by the way they play ODI's and label them as good for ODI's only for the time being. This is utter bull as far as I am concerned. Aftab's is a different issue but similar and I think it is criminal to keep out a batsman like him from our playing eleven let alone the squad. Tamim is ready to go and I hope he gets his chance sooner than later and the way the current opening batsmen are playing I think the selectors would be compelled to take this decision sooner rather than later.

WarWolf
June 9, 2007, 05:06 PM
layperson, If you look at the poll result, you can see that I voted for Tamim's inclusion in the test side. But what Amit said was wrong. Tamim is one of the best batsmen we have; but for sure not the best. Though I want to see him in the test side, I won't mind if he has to wait for a few months more proving his patience and consistency.

I think Aftab will make a good test batsman also. But the problem is with his weakness again quality spin. I remember Aftab was helpless playing Murali when he played test against Srilanka. He needs to improve his techque for playing quality spins.

layperson
June 9, 2007, 05:18 PM
layperson, If you look at the poll result, you can see that I voted for Tamim's inclusion in the test side. But what Amit said was wrong. Tamim is one of the best batsmen we have; but for sure not the best. Though I want to see him in the test side, I won't mind if he has to wait for a few months more proving his patience and consistency.

I think Aftab will make a good test batsman also. But the problem is with his weakness again quality spin. I remember Aftab was helpless playing Murali when he played test against Srilanka. He needs to improve his techque for playing quality spins.

My reply to your post was made in a light manner. :) If you had gone through my post too you would see that my points concur with you too in that sense that I also did not agree with bd fan frm india's points.
I agree with your points you made on aftab too.

One World
June 9, 2007, 05:27 PM
This is a question like if a SRILANKA FAN asking should Sanath Jayasurya be in the test squad around 1995-96.

Hatebreed
June 9, 2007, 05:38 PM
Should Tamim be in test side? Not yet.

There's a difference between bringing in a player who can contribute to the team according to situations, and brining in someone with a radically different, single speed-setting simply for the sake of replacing an under-performer.

Tamim's place should be his own, when he is ready. Currently I see no vacant position for an opener like him in the test squad. We can’t just grab any ‘future prospect' and drop him on the test side because we think he can do better job than Habib or Golla. There has to be a system, it’s the only way we are going to develop a strong test side.

We have a good set of players, we need to give them enough games to make a comeback.

Sovik
June 9, 2007, 06:06 PM
his FC average is 43. he has talent and youth on his side. HELL YEAH.

stats, compare these to others: -

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56194.html

his strike rate is better in FC than List A.

he is not ready yet

scoilaheez
June 9, 2007, 07:22 PM
Javed is useless, Tamim is way better. Youth should favored in any case. I think Aftab deserves a spot as well because he still has the talent to be in our top 6.

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 08:38 PM
This is a question like if a SRILANKA FAN asking should Sanath Jayasurya be in the test squad around 1995-96.

good point. players should not be penalized for their aggression. it is still about those runs on the board by the end of the day. a 50 ball 50 is no worse than a 100 ball 50 if it doesn't adversely effect the outcome of the match.

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 08:39 PM
his strike rate is better in FC than List A.

he is not ready yet

who IS ready ?

oracle
June 9, 2007, 08:45 PM
Intersting issue. I think we just can't afford to keep Tamim out of the squad because as a few of you pointed out that we don't have enough recognisd batsmen. In a way our predicament could be similar to England where the absence of Pietersen is felt throughout their innings. I am not saying that Tamim is of the same class yet but he does have the ability to inspire the team down the order. Even though, yes, Test is a different game , in the BD context we don't have that luxury yet to predefine an ODI team from a test one. At the end of the day we just need those runs on the board to even make a match of it.

cricket_king
June 10, 2007, 01:15 AM
Tamim's like the maddest dude out. Have you seen him hit the ball? Even when he misses he looks awesome! Ok so I'm being a bit biased here.....but can any of you people name me a better opener than tamim in bangladesh right now?

Antora
June 10, 2007, 01:20 AM
Tamim's like the maddest dude out. Have you seen him hit the ball? Even when he misses he looks awesome! Ok so I'm being a bit biased here.....but can any of you people name me a better opener than tamim in bangladesh right now?

dude...there is no better opener than tamim!!! and he looks awesome when he misses the ball?? god!!!! but i must say when he hits that ball... he will make that ball sore!!!!

cricket_king
June 10, 2007, 01:37 AM
dude...there is no better opener than tamim!!! and he looks awesome when he misses the ball?? god!!!! but i must say when he hits that ball... he will make that ball sore!!!!

Are you saying he doesnt look awesome when he misses the ball? :waiting:

layperson
June 10, 2007, 01:49 AM
Intersting issue. I think we just can't afford to keep Tamim out of the squad because as a few of you pointed out that we don't have enough recognisd batsmen. In a way our predicament could be similar to England where the absence of Pietersen is felt throughout their innings. I am not saying that Tamim is of the same class yet but he does have the ability to inspire the team down the order. Even though, yes, Test is a different game , in the BD context we don't have that luxury yet to predefine an ODI team from a test one. At the end of the day we just need those runs on the board to even make a match of it.

So would it be safe to assume that you have changed your previous stance about Tamim being included in the test team? (in the polls it shows you voted for no)

Antora
June 10, 2007, 01:56 AM
Are you saying he doesnt look awesome when he misses the ball? :waiting:

who looks awesome when they miss? tamim kinda looks funny when he misses!!! Any way.. hez still hot!!! i mean a gangsta!!!!

bd_fan_from_india
June 10, 2007, 01:58 AM

Think again... u really believe everyone will be behind you on all 3 of these?? ;)

i am not being extreme regarding tamims inclusion. all i am saying is that tamim must be in the test squad.

as for the comments, the fact that tamim is the best bd batsman and not ash, sakib, bashar, aftab, rajin or anyone else will be proved very soon

Sohel
June 10, 2007, 02:09 AM
i am not being extreme regarding tamims inclusion. all i am saying is that tamim must be in the test squad.

as for the comments, the fact that tamim is the best bd batsman and not ash, sakib, bashar, aftab, rajin or anyone else will be proved very soon

leave ash out of it bro ... you don't wanna have to eat those words.

bd_fan_from_india
June 10, 2007, 02:10 AM

i think u r pushing things a bit too far. has ur cousin even played fc cricket. in this case tamim has played odis and also blasted bd to a win over ind in the wc

bd_fan_from_india
June 10, 2007, 02:32 AM
guys, even in india initially people didnt want sehwag in the test team in 2001 as it was felt that sehwag wasnt fit for tests, but sehwag got his chance and cracked a 100 on debut and also became to be inds best opener avging over 50. similarly it happened in jayasuryas case as well in sl as initially people didnt want jayasurya in the test team. aggressive openers of odis have always done well in tests whenever given the chance and the same will happen with tamim iqbal.

also, many people out here in ind were surprised when tamim was left out of the test matches against ind but no one complained as it was against ind. now when tamim has been left out of the test matches against sl, everyone is surprised again. and those 48% who do not want tamim in the test squad should give a genuine reason as to y tamim isnt ready for tests yet despite the fact that tamim is bds best batsman

bd_fan_from_india
June 10, 2007, 02:34 AM
leave ash out of it bro ... you don't wanna have to eat those words.

tamim is better than ash. look at the way tamim and ash bat. ash is usually very lucky to get his runs and tamim plays decent strokes to get his runs. best of all tamim has the ability to hit 6s regularly which is missing in ash.

WarWolf
June 10, 2007, 06:44 AM
tamim is better than ash. look at the way tamim and ash bat. ash is usually very lucky to get his runs and tamim plays decent strokes to get his runs. best of all tamim has the ability to hit 6s regularly which is missing in ash.
Ha ha ha.

cricket_king
June 10, 2007, 08:25 AM

Ok dude.....as much as I agree that tamim is totally awesome and should be in the team.....there is no way in hell i can agree with your insane statement there.

Sohel
June 10, 2007, 09:23 AM

scary post ... to each his own planet bro ... just can't fight those delusions ... be happy and good night.

bangla786
June 10, 2007, 10:26 AM

lolz dude i have to disagree, despite the fact i want tamim in the squad too. Theres no in hell way tamim is better than ash just yet and heres something that will englighten you .

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mdY66GRbyvg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mdY66GRbyvg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6wS0yLSHBU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6wS0yLSHBU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArBN4wKnRpM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArBN4wKnRpM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nafi
June 10, 2007, 12:13 PM
Its funny how Tamim is so popular with the indians.

Ash has a much better and revolutionary technique than tamim, watch how he controls the ball when he pulls, he doesnt go straight, he twirls the bat, a shot I love to play.

Omio
June 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
Whats going on here?

layperson
June 10, 2007, 12:53 PM
Whats going on here?

Everyone is asking where is OMIO and why isnt he in the squad for the sri lankan tour. :D

Rajowana
June 10, 2007, 12:53 PM
lol it's funny how the thread is bout tamim and it goes on bout ash lol

Rajowana
June 10, 2007, 12:54 PM
Everyone is asking where is OMIO and why isnt he in the squad for the sri lankan tour. :D

hahaha lol

Antora
June 10, 2007, 07:45 PM
ok soo i thought this thread was about the maddest bd player tamim... when i put my glasses on i realised it was about ash???

Hatebreed
June 10, 2007, 07:54 PM
ok soo i thought this thread was about the maddest bd player tamim... when i put my glasses on i realised it was about ash???

Keep them on.

selina
June 10, 2007, 07:59 PM

Antora, I think ur eyesight is better when u don't wear your glasses!

max410
June 10, 2007, 09:20 PM
Tamim iqbal is Good batsman , a Very aggressive batsman , if he needs to play test matches he needs to keep his head cool and be consistent in his batting form.
I am sure he has played first class 3 day matches in Dhaka premier league , He might have a chance to do well in test matches.

fuzzy
June 10, 2007, 09:23 PM
don't want jomar on side.

Antora
June 10, 2007, 09:37 PM
Antora, I think ur eyesight is better when u don't wear your glasses!

hahahaha lol

One World
June 10, 2007, 10:20 PM
Q: SN can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: I could but my other half told me not to go too close to the incoming new ball so my footwork turns into a leap
Q: HB can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: I could but I was in bad form worried about team so i will play halfhearted hooks or get runout thinking of respectable loss.
Q: Golla can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: :lol: I am like polimati, can sedate under any river but runs. what is that!!!
Q: Ash can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: Only if I am assured that we are going to be innings defeated.
Q: Mash can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: I can but I might be tired of bowling and still its not my job really.
Q: Rafique can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: Aar koto dimu, aar kew kisu dibe na!!
Q: Tamim can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: Let me prove first.

Sohel
June 11, 2007, 04:23 AM
Q: SN can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: I could but my other half told me not to go too close to the incoming new ball so my footwork turns into a leap
Q: HB can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: I could but I was in bad form worried about team so i will play halfhearted hooks or get runout thinking of respectable loss.
Q: Golla can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: :lol: I am like polimati, can sedate under any river but runs. what is that!!!
Q: Ash can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: Only if I am assured that we are going to be innings defeated.
Q: Mash can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: I can but I might be tired of bowling and still its not my job really.
Q: Rafique can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: Aar koto dimu, aar kew kisu dibe na!!
Q: Tamim can you sedate a long patience innings and still make runs, keep rotating strike?
Ans: Let me prove first.

WHAT footwork ? ... another good one from One World ... :)

Rizvi
June 11, 2007, 09:16 AM
may be at the end of the year..against NZ but not this time.. its too early for him.. he might do well but still its too early for him...

LOL this does not make sense at all. If he does well, then why will it be too early. Shouldn't it mean that he is ready?