PDA

View Full Version : Bashar being a cry baby

left-hander
June 5, 2007, 11:47 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/06/d70606040131.htm

Man, this guy doesn't seem to comprehend that he no longer belongs in the one day team. Now he is complaining as to how he was let go. He got the opportunity to retire but decided to not take it. Sucks for him. I guess I should feel sorry for him but I really don't. We would have won a few more games had it not been for his negative captaincy. I understand that he was the most successful captain but who wouldn't be given the situation he was in -- Bangladesh was a developing cricket nation when he took over and we only had room for improvement. So any other soul in Bashar's place would have been just as successful.

Sumon bhai, with all due respect, it's time for you to hang up the boots and let the new generation take Bangladesh cricket to new heights. Please stop moaning and accept the reality.

capslock
June 5, 2007, 11:53 PM
Jesus mate, leave him [] alone! He's quit, isn't that enough, now he can't give interviews anymore either? Stop beating a dead horse!

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 12:07 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/06/d70606040131.htm

Man, this guy doesn't seem to comprehend that he no longer belongs in the one day team. Now he is complaining as to how he was let go. He got the opportunity to retire but decided to not take it. Sucks for him. I guess I should feel sorry for him but I really don't. We would have won a few more games had it not been for his negative captaincy. I understand that he was the most successful captain but who wouldn't be given the situation he was in -- Bangladesh was a developing cricket nation when he took over and we only had room for improvement. So any other soul in Bashar's place would have been just as successful.

Sumon bhai, with all due respect, it's time for you to hang up the boots and let the new generation take Bangladesh cricket to new heights. Please stop moaning and accept the reality.

hmmmmmmmmm, bashar successful? i guess he is if u would call winning every 1 in 50 games played 'successful' (i put 1 in 50 cos i couldnt bother actually looking it up and $h!t)

RazabQ
June 6, 2007, 12:21 AM
hmmmmmmmmm, bashar successful? i guess he is if u would call winning every 1 in 50 games played 'successful' (i put 1 in 50 cos i couldnt bother actually looking it up and $h!t)Yeah much easier to cuss and diss someone rather than doing the hard yards and backing up your point with some decisive arguments. Please watch the language - Mod

yaseer
June 6, 2007, 12:26 AM
Whats wrong with you people??

At the time Bashar was appointed captain....there was no better person to do the job for BD....and he did a fantastic job....but now we feel we have better options, and also need new direction...and now Bashar is not Captain....thats all

He has his rights to say his opinions and i found nothing wrong in the article.

If he scores heavily....then it will be the best for our team....lets hope n pray he is successfull...because he is really a master batsman in tests.....

STOP looking for negatives in Bashar's every move.....He is our pride and always will be.

yaseer
June 6, 2007, 12:30 AM
hmmmmmmmmm, bashar successful? i guess he is if u would call winning every 1 in 50 games played 'successful' (i put 1 in 50 cos i couldnt bother actually looking it up and $h!t)

RazabQ is absolutely right in his comments....

I also want mod to look in to the language...also mods should strictly look into words where dis-respect is shown to our national heroes.

Dhakablues
June 6, 2007, 12:32 AM
I agree, enough of the Bashing of an ex-captain. He has the right to be upset. But if a player really thinks that he still can play game,,let him do that, let him come back strong or perish in his own mirage. I think BCB should not " Fakruddin" Bashar atleast..:)

cricketboy
June 6, 2007, 12:40 AM
I never thought Bashar would behave like a baby.

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 12:43 AM
Yeah much easier to cuss and diss someone rather than doing the hard yards and backing up your point with some decisive arguments. Please watch the language - Mod

umm, language? just one word and your mind goes BOOM!

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 12:48 AM

I also want mod to look in to the language...also mods should strictly look into words where dis-respect is shown to our national heroes.

disrespect? yea, jeez im the only bangladeshi hus been showing 'disrespect' to bashar, yep i am the one hu opened ALL those bashar bashing threads, god listen to urselves! u bash everyone SN, Ash, Tamim, Javed, unoike u im just aginst bashar, he can say amazing things, but just ever seem to keep them, i dont see any agression, and anywayz why do people feel you own the players? ur not trying to do anything to help, and thanks to the bashar bashers, our voice has been heard, if we do good, then no one will be complaining if they do bad, then u guyz can start dissing us, its a win-win situation, (chi chi chi, eder shomonde ar ki bolbo? hai allah, ami geo exam fail korbo na tho? aske brishti dite hoyse kano? shob rastay pani diye bhora :S)

Sohel
June 6, 2007, 01:18 AM
respect is earned... once HaBa puts those runs on the board before opening that mouth of his, he can salvage some from mine again. nothing personal. i pay taxes here in bangladesh, and therefore a part of his and his boss' salaries. they should start having some respect for us.

yaseer
June 6, 2007, 01:18 AM
u bash everyone SN, Ash, Tamim, Javed

in ur dreams??

giving view on poor performance and showing dis-respect is not the same thing

Antora
June 6, 2007, 01:22 AM
omg what is wrong with bashu??? why can't he take the fact that he needs to hand down captaicy to the new generation?????? gosh neva thought he'd be a baby about it jeez.. bashar needs to get life..... GOSH BASHAR'S THESE DAYZ!!!

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 01:29 AM
Just rambling on about something completely random..

Yeah, I reckon we should leave him alone. He can cry all he want, he's out of the picture so we shouldn't care.

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 01:30 AM
in ur dreams??

giving view on poor performance and showing dis-respect is not the same thing

so according to you u think bashar has been playing REALLY good, huh? he hasnt been eating any ducks and his contributions in the most recent games have helped bangladesh win? dont say he was good once, thers a big difference between WAS and IS, should we select him just because he contributed a lot before even though he couldnt bat to save his life?

anik
June 6, 2007, 03:03 AM
I am very disappointed in some of members comments. Why do guys like to bash him so much? I agree he has been playing like sh!t for the last few months and he was never a good performer in one day cricket. But he brought the bangladesh cricket in a good stage. Under his regime we have won many one-day. Even though most of the matches were again minnows but still that helped our cricketers to build confidence.
I believe you guys have started following bangladesh cricket recently. One time he used to perform in almost every test match where rest of our crickets used to fail. He used to score 50 in almost every match. We used to call him 'Mr. Fifty' for that. and thats not too long ago.

I am happy to see Ashraful as our new captain. But that man bashar deserves some respect for what he has done for our cricket. I just want to wish all the best for Bashar.

tutul
June 6, 2007, 03:08 AM
hmm, that means u dont visit here often L-)

bro/sis Luvee_nik, i think that is a little too much.
yaseer bhai, please dont dig him anymore. whats the point?

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 03:17 AM
Hey guys, see the thread heading, it's meant for Bashar, wheather you bash or love, it's on him.

I read the interview on D star, he is downplaying his performance and trying to be wrapped under the team performance. Even if the team is winning, a player who is not performing cant be there forever. There are lots of example in the cric world.

Bashar should not try to take the cover of team success for his poor batting performance. We know who all performed for those successes, credit goes to them. We also know his performance as a captain which laid us down in several occassions. So what is his contribution for the good performance of the team?

He admits himself that captaincy put additional pressure on him and so he could not perform well as a batsman, so it was a good decision to remove him from captaincy.

Now Mr. Bashar please prove that you can bat and win games for BD as a player.

tutul
June 6, 2007, 03:24 AM
Hey guys, see the thread heading, it's meant for Bashar, wheather you bash or love, it's on him.

I read the interview on D star, he is downplaying his performance and trying to be wrapped under the team performance. Even if the team is winning, a player who is not performing cant be there forever. There are lots of example in the cric world.

Bashar should not try to take the cover of team success for his poor batting performance. We know who all performed for those successes, credit goes to them. We also know his performance as a captain which laid us down in several occassions. So what is his contribution for the good performance of the team?

He admits himself that captaincy put additional pressure on him and so he could not perform well as a batsman, so it was a good decision to remove him from captaincy.

Now Mr. Bashar please prove that you can bat and win games for BD as a player.

ditto

Baundule
June 6, 2007, 03:25 AM
Bashar was by far the only choice we had, when he was appointed as the captain. At that situation he did the job well. We were developing and all he needed to do is to try for improving, not actually for winning matches. Following the manual was just fine and he did his job right at that situation. Moreover, he was a n inform batsman and when a captain himself is playing well, most of his flaws are usually overlooked.

Unfortunately, Bashar did have the limitation that he could not improve his captaincy level with the improvement of the team itself. At this point, he lacked the quality of a great leader. He was not mentally strong enough to go beyond the books and this ultimately affected his form.

As a batsman, I still think, Bashar can still serve the country very well. All he needs to do is to become mentally strong and professional. Cricket is more of a mental game. As a captain, he had to go and he must understand this. Even Ashraful also fails at this situation as a captain, Bashar's exclusion is 100% justified. In stead of whinning about that, he must concentrate on his game!

yaseer
June 6, 2007, 03:28 AM
Bashar was by far the only choice we had, when he was appointed as the captain. At that situation he did the job well. We were developing and all he needed to do is to try for improving, not actually for winning matches. Following the manual was just fine and he did his job right at that situation. Moreover, he was a n inform batsman and when a captain himself is playing well, most of his flaws are usually overlooked.

Unfortunately, Bashar did have the limitation that he could not improve his captaincy level with the improvement of the team itself. At this point, he lacked the quality of a great leader. He was not mentally strong enough to go beyond the books and this ultimately affected his form.

As a batsman, I still think, Bashar can still serve the country very well. All he needs to do is to become mentally strong and professional. Cricket is more of a mental game. As a captain, he had to go and he must understand this. Even Ashraful also fails at this situation as a captain, Bashar's exclusion is 100% justified. In stead of whinning about that, he must concentrate on his game!

nicely described.........Agreed 100%

shuzon
June 6, 2007, 03:31 AM
শান্তি, শান্তি, শান্তি।
ইদানিং সব থ্রেডেই রেসলিং হইতেছে। আমরা যুদ্ধবাজ জাতীতো... রাজনিতীতে যুদ্ধ না থাকিবার কারনে যুদ্ধের অভাব বোধ হইতেছে। আর তাই নিজেরাই যুদ্ধ শুরু করিয়া দিতেছি; হেঃ হেঃ হেঃ

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 03:34 AM
Idiotic arguments. Just leave it. Bashar has every right to be pissed off. He wasn't told that he was losing test captaincy as well. BCB should've told him.

Common courtesy.

He isnt whinging that Ash is now captain. In fact he is praising him.

Period. End of story. Stop wasting your time.

Alien
June 6, 2007, 03:47 AM

Yes mod should look to moderate disrespect to all everyone not just national hero. This isn't North Korea that u cant disrespect national heroes.

Besides Bashar is no way near a national hero.

Alien
June 6, 2007, 03:49 AM
god.when.will.people.grow.up?

After you.grow.up.

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 03:59 AM
Idiotic arguments. Just leave it. Bashar has every right to be pissed off. He wasn't told that he was losing test captaincy as well. BCB should've told him.

Couldn't agree. BCB was not sure before the meeting that he will be removed. So, how they could inform him that he was loosing captaincy !!

Not a big deal at all ...

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 04:04 AM
bro/sis Luvee_nik, i think that is a little too much.
yaseer bhai, please dont dig him anymore. whats the point?

im a.............girlE-)

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 04:05 AM
After you.grow.up.

that.will.never.be.baby

Sohel
June 6, 2007, 04:24 AM
that.will.never.be.baby

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... that's just too good. you're great sis ... never.stop.posting.

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 04:31 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: ... that's just too good. you're great sis ... never.stop.posting.

r.u.serious?

Sohel
June 6, 2007, 04:39 AM
r.u.serious?

damn straight. you're good.

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 05:17 AM
I hope it's dry humour Sohel..

Sohel
June 6, 2007, 05:23 AM
at.what? stop.copying.my.sXc.way.of.writing.it.has.nikita.w rriten.all.over.it

you just lost me there sis.

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 05:30 AM
My god. BC lost what it used to have.

Sorry to say.

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 05:38 AM
you just lost me there sis.

good.at.what? i meant stop writing with full stops in space of spaces, its my thing even tho i did copy it off sumone :D

Antora
June 6, 2007, 05:49 AM
My god. BC lost what it used to have.

Sorry to say.

wat exactly r u trying to say?:waiting:

Tintin
June 6, 2007, 05:58 AM
good.at.what? i meant stop writing with full stops in space of spaces, its my thing even tho i did copy it off sumone :D

Could you please restrict the discussion in this thread to cricket.

thanks.

Sumon77
June 6, 2007, 06:06 AM
Though cant agree with Bashar but still no point to bash him when he is no longer captain.

moula
June 6, 2007, 06:35 AM
it is not just habibul, every captain deserrves a call from selectors if they are removed. it is a common courtesy. i dont like this sort of disrespect to players, ektu valo korle mathai tule nacha or ektu kharap korle juta mara

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 06:45 AM
omg! when is mashrafe gonna bat? i wish they put him a bit lower in the order so he could bat and show these people how bangladeshis play cricket!!

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 07:12 AM
it is not just habibul, every captain deserrves a call from selectors if they are removed. it is a common courtesy. i dont like this sort of disrespect to players, ektu valo korle mathai tule nacha or ektu kharap korle juta mara

100% agreed and on the other side the captain / players also have responsibilities.

Captain was kept for the entire Indian tour where it was widely expected that he will make an announcement to retire from ODI if he doesnt get back to form, instead he held Ganguly and made a declaration reffering their discussion. He probably thought he can force the BCB to keep him, that was not respectful on his part either.

He should have discussed with the borad and taken a decision, discussion with dada is his personal matter, cant make official declaration reffering discussion with dada.

BCB also has all the rights to be respected by the players, as they expect, isnt it?

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 07:31 AM
So you're saying that he was formally warned that he was going to get sacked if he didn't retire? And because he didn't take that formal warning, he is gettin treated like dirt?

This is professionalism here. BCB, the whole of Bangladesh needs to grow up.

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 07:49 AM
So you're saying that he was formally warned that he was going to get sacked if he didn't retire? And because he didn't take that formal warning, he is gettin treated like dirt?

This is professionalism here. BCB, the whole of Bangladesh needs to grow up.

No this was highly professional of our captain to not to discuss his desire to play or retire with his employer, rathar discuss with a player of the opponent team and make official declaration, with that ref !! if you like

Imtiazk
June 6, 2007, 08:32 AM

Foul language is one thing. But "dis-respect" is open to interpretations. Surely, people are entitled to criticise Bashar if they want to. Otherwise, that would be censorship.

Many are of the opinion that Bashar brought this unfortunate abuse upon himself. He had plenty of time to leave in good grace with his head held high.

Rubu
June 6, 2007, 09:16 AM
I don't know what many thinks, but bashar IS being a cry baby in that article. He was talking as if test captaincy was his inherited possession. I still would want to see him in test team as a player, but this gives me even better indication of how awful he was. He did not even know that he was doing bad as a captain! He was probably thinking what he was doing was right and those criticizing him for negative captaincy was wrong! ! !

Nasif
June 6, 2007, 09:24 AM
Only thing I liked:

"We played together for the last seven years. Ash (Ashraful) is a very good thinker. He is not only a natural talent but also thinks about the game. He follows the game minutely, which is not so common in his generation. Definitely I will give my best support to him but I hope everybody will have patience on him. He should be given enough time to establish himself as a skipper," hoped Bashar.

CTazim
June 6, 2007, 09:45 AM
If you go back and review my posts, you'd know that I am one of the most vocal opponent of Habibul Bashar. But at the same time, I think a courtesy call from BCB to Bashar was warranted. Just a courtesy, that's all.

Fazal
June 6, 2007, 10:57 AM
Actually I don't blame Bashar that much for his stance, an aging star who has given us a lot but now clearly loosing the battle of survival due to age related performance issues. I cannot blame him too much for trying his best to keep his slot and apparent honour(??). But I am afraid that by doing so, he is kind of straining his legacy.

If Bashar is still included in next ODI team, I am not going to blame Bashar for it. I will blame 100% to the selectors for not doing their job, for acting like a spineless group of people.

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 11:20 AM
......... But I am afraid that by doing so, he is kind of straining his legacy.

That's what it is, I believe it's not helping him at all.

Electrequiem
June 6, 2007, 12:33 PM

At the time Bashar was appointed captain....there was no better person to do the job for BD....and he did a fantastic job....but now we feel we have better options, and also need new direction...and now Bashar is not Captain....thats all

If he scores heavily....then it will be the best for our team....lets hope n pray he is successfull...because he is really a master batsman in tests.....

STOP looking for negatives in Bashar's every move.....He is our pride and always will be.

Decisively put. I thank you.

And also, I think this whole Bashar bashing is a "domino effect," really. At first, it was a few people criticizing Bashar ... and then a bunch of people (may I add 'inarticulate teenagers'?) joined the party and just started regurgitating nonsensical comments. Bashar led Bangladesh, he made mistakes, he played poorly, he paid the fine. Can't that be the end of it?

left-hander
June 6, 2007, 02:33 PM
Since I started the thread I will defend some of the Bashar bashing. I am an ardent follower of Bangladesh cricket having represented BCB-U16 some 12 odd years back (when we dreamt of a third place in ICC trophy to qualify for WC) . This thread was just a mere expression of my frustration on Sumon bhai who just pissed me off with this interview. I agree that he could have been treated better but his perceived entitlement to the Test captaincy is just shocking. I just hope this does not impact the team spirit.

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
Since I started the thread I will defend some of the Bashar bashing. I am an ardent follower of Bangladesh cricket having represented BCB-U16 some 12 odd years back (when we dreamt of a third place in ICC trophy to qualify for WC) . This thread was just a mere expression of my frustration on Sumon bhai who just pissed me off with this interview. I agree that he could have been treated better but his perceived entitlement to the Test captaincy is just shocking. I just hope this does not impact the team spirit.

He never said that. He never said that he was entitled to test captaincy. The whole interview was focussed on how he was told, and i have no issues with him feeling disheartened by that. I would have felt the same...

Rumz_01
June 6, 2007, 05:54 PM

WELL SAID...VERY WELL SAID!!!
NATIONAL HEROES!!!!

zahid
June 6, 2007, 06:02 PM
Dhonnobad MOD bhaira.

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 07:10 PM
Rubbish. He never said anything about entitlement to captaincy. He needs to be formally told by BCB. They should not throw him on the street just because he acts like a monkey at times, he is ONE person, the BCB is a whole governing board.

Nothing wrong with article. I hate Bashar. He can't bat. But he still deserves courtesy.

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 07:34 PM
Rubbish. He never said anything about entitlement to captaincy. He needs to be formally told by BCB. They should not throw him on the street just because he acts like a monkey at times, he is ONE person, the BCB is a whole governing board.

Nothing wrong with article. I hate Bashar. He can't bat. But he still deserves courtesy.

lol...you hate Bashar because he cant bat? Thats being a bit excessive isnt it?

BD Tigers
June 6, 2007, 09:32 PM
In the whole article I didnt see where Bashar is crying for loosing his captency. He only chocked when talking abt BCB not letting him know directly and he had to know from a third person (a reporter) thru phone. Poeple who thinks that just cry baby, well then I'd tell u just pray that u dont get thru the same situation where yr company just let u go w/o even telling u after u gave yr 10+ yrs to the company (metaphorically saying).

BANFAN
June 7, 2007, 12:09 AM
Bashar led Bangladesh, he made mistakes, he played poorly, he paid the fine. Can't that be the end of it?

What do you mean by end of it? End of Bashar or Discussion?

Agreed if it means end of Bashar. that has been done.

End of discussion?? would dissgree, don't you think that end of bashar itself initiates a discussion? May be you don't like to hear bad things about him, discussion also means good things, you can post some good things about him if you like. Instead of trying to shut others.

Bashar is a part of our cricketting history now, and how can you demand an end of discussion with history? Bashar will keep coming in discussions again and again in the coming years, as people will compare the new captain with him etc. He is a ref point for discussion of BD cric now, atleast for some more time.

I saw this 'end of it' demand for a few times now, in a thread which is meant for discussion on Bashar, isnt it a ridiculous demand.

You can see some mod clarifications as well.

ononto
June 7, 2007, 01:30 AM
Actually I don't blame Bashar that much for his stance, an aging star who has given us a lot but now clearly loosing the battle of survival due to age related performance issues. I cannot blame him too much for trying his best to keep his slot and apparent honour(??). But I am afraid that by doing so, he is kind of straining his legacy.

If Bashar is still included in next ODI team, I am not going to blame Bashar for it. I will blame 100% to the selectors for not doing their job, for acting like a spineless group of people.

Awesome.

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 05:03 PM
What do you mean by end of it? End of Bashar or Discussion?

Agreed if it means end of Bashar. that has been done.

End of discussion?? would dissgree, don't you think that end of bashar itself initiates a discussion? May be you don't like to hear bad things about him, discussion also means good things, you can post some good things about him if you like. Instead of trying to shut others.

Bashar is a part of our cricketting history now, and how can you demand an end of discussion with history? Bashar will keep coming in discussions again and again in the coming years, as people will compare the new captain with him etc. He is a ref point for discussion of BD cric now, atleast for some more time.

I saw this 'end of it' demand for a few times now, in a thread which is meant for discussion on Bashar, isnt it a ridiculous demand.

You can see some mod clarifications as well.

And how many threads did we have on the so-called "Bashar discussions"? Honestly, it seems now that if any article even mentions Bashar's name, people pounce on it ... and thousands of others join in. I mean, Bashar is rightfully complaining because BCB did not display the slightest bit of professionalism in their process of removing Bashar from captaincy...he thus becomes a "crybaby"? I agree with when you said Bashar's demise itself is a point of discussion, but people repeat the same things over and over again!

And if you noticed, I was not trying to shut out others. My "demand" came in the form of a question.

Nafi
June 7, 2007, 05:32 PM
Seriously why cant these people who bash bashar just shut their mouths, he has a right to express his upset that he wasnt told directly.

I hope Bashar's form comes back in our next test series to shut your mouths once and for all and just appreciate the best bangladeshi test batsman on paper.

BANFAN
June 8, 2007, 01:42 AM
Seriously why cant these people who bash bashar just shut their mouths, he has a right to express his upset that he wasnt told directly.

I hope Bashar's form comes back in our next test series to shut your mouths once and for all and just appreciate the best bangladeshi test batsman on paper.

Firstly that's not a right, if you know the meaning of it. That was courtesy he could expect, read the thread to know why possibly he didnt get that.

None has bashed bashar here, u may be a great fan of him, we all hope he does well, but the fact is, he got a bonus chance to prove himself.

Let people speak their mind, you may also. You have no right bashing BD fans !!

better not to use 'Shut up' type words for the fans, this is a word even illiterates know, but seldom uses.

Sohel
June 8, 2007, 01:44 AM

well put.

Nafi
June 8, 2007, 04:16 AM
. You have no right bashing BD fans !!

better not to use 'Shut up' type words for the fans, this is a word even illiterates know, but seldom uses.
[]

First of all Im not bashing any BD fans, but how can you even call yourself fans when you enjoy showing disrespect to national players who have done so much for the Bangladesh cricket.

BANFAN
June 8, 2007, 06:02 AM
[]

First of all Im not bashing any BD fans, but how can you even call yourself fans when you enjoy showing disrespect to national players who have done so much for the Bangladesh cricket.

Telling people to shut up is more than bashing, infact u r right

Hope don't need your certification to be fan. However talk on evidence please.

Show me if you can, where I have shown disrespect to any player for that matter, or kindly swallow your words silently.

cricman
June 9, 2007, 01:39 PM
Former Bangladesh Skipper Habibul Bashar Disappointed With Bangladesh Cricket Board's Attitude Towards Him

Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Sat, 2007-06-09 15:30.

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Deposed Bangladesh skipper Habibul Bashar is disappointed that his board, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) didn't think it obligatory to inform him of their decision before laying him off.

"Do you think the expectation was too high for me," said an emotional Bashar at the one-sided termination of his career.

Bashar was the most successful Bangladesh captain in the three years he led the Bangla Tigers. The 34-year-old genial cricketer came to know of BCB's decision from a reporter over telephone while he was on a personal visit to India.

Under his captaincy, Bangladesh won 29 out of 69 one-day internationals and also their maiden Test victory.

Bashar had been to India to receive the Shere Bengali award for the year 2007 from the news channel Star Ananda of Kolkata. Understandably though he couldn't enjoy it till the end, having learnt of his removal.
"No doubt it takes some time to get normal with the change in situation, especially when I had the expectation of continuing as the Test skipper." Bashar was quoted as saying in 'The Khaleej Times'.
"But what shocked me most was the way I was treated by the authorities. I expected a call from a board official about the decision. Do you think the expectation was too high for me?" said a visibly upset Bashar.
It seemed that the experienced campaigner was not only disappointed by the board's last move but he had also been under scrutiny since the World Cup in West Indies, with especially the comment of a top official upsetting him the most.

There was a whispering that the board had wanted a one-day retirement announcement from him after the World Cup and his decision to just quit the one-day captaincy after the India series simply displeased most of the board members.

Bashar however was not ready to deal with the matter in a clear-cut way but what he did believe was that nobody should force a player into retirement.

"I think it's not fair for anybody to force a player to take a decision about his career. It surprised me the way people talked against me during the World Cup."

"True, my performance was not good but as a team we ended on a high note. But everybody simply forgot that. Before the World Cup my performance was not bad. How can one write off a player just after one tournament," said Basharhttp://www.cricketworldcuplatest.com/news/former-bangladesh-skipper-habibul-bashar-disappoin-113004.html

rah
June 9, 2007, 03:50 PM

ditto