PDA

View Full Version : Wright pulls out of academy role!

Trigger_Tiger
June 6, 2007, 12:11 AM
An interesting twist in the tale :ticking:!!!!!

I would still go with McInnes, BUT BCB had made it clear earlier that it would go to Sri Lanka with an interim coach to give John Wright more time to decide on the proposal made to him by the BCB to coach Bangladesh.

Check out the article here (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/297054.html).

kalpurush
June 6, 2007, 12:17 AM
McInnes and Wright both are good. Anyone for us would be great. Now, we have to wait and see...!

RazabQ
June 6, 2007, 12:19 AM
Unlikely he'd give up a cushy post with minimal travel such as the Aussie COE for the BD job (much as we might think highly of ourselves). Perhaps he has an inkling about the Bracewell situation.

Dhakablues
June 6, 2007, 12:24 AM
I thought BCB is considering Jamie Siddons/Ranatunga for the coach and not John Right..I doubt that JR is interested in Bangladesh job anyways..

Trigger_Tiger
June 6, 2007, 12:29 AM
No! BCB wanted JR first. And McInnes is their immidiate automatic choice if JR does not agree to coach us which I think is more than fine.

Ranatunga is a tyrant! A great leader but I reckon he wouldn't have a good time with the board vice versa.

India is not going with hi for sure, Pakistan aren't likely to take him either, but we never know. Which leaves Sri Lanka and Bangladesh in the hunt! And hence, my curiosity in this matter :)!!!!!

MohammedC
June 6, 2007, 12:31 AM
John Wright is waiting for NZL job as Bracewell's contact is coming to an end. it is more likely he will pick that job.
Trevor Bayliss has an interview with Srilanka team next week. Sri Lanka set to interview Bayliss (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/297044.html)

MohammedC
June 6, 2007, 12:35 AM
Moderator :can we not keep all news regarding "The BD Coach" another thread call "2007 coach hunt". I have no disrespect to Tiger_TI

Trigger_Tiger
June 6, 2007, 12:35 AM
John Wright is waiting for NZL job as Bracewell's contact is coming to an end. it is more likely he will pick that job.
Trevor Bayliss has an interview with Srilanka team next week. Sri Lanka set to interview Bayliss (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/297044.html)

Ah glanced over that article but forgot to put it into context. Thanks bro :)!
JR is a very good coach and SHOULD get the NZ job :D!
I would still wait until after the Sri Lanka tour or until JR actually gets picked by another team.....I'd like McInnes but just the thought of having the kind of coach who would have the bat in his hand to beat the players into discipline (mostly the under-performing oldies :-p) just excites me too much :D!!!!!

Nocturnal
June 6, 2007, 12:43 AM
plz someone merge this thread with 2007 coach hunt thread. it's very difficult to keep track of similar kind of thread. suggestion for all thread opener, have a look before open thread. Thanks.

Go_Bangladesh
June 6, 2007, 12:54 AM
we should go for greg chappel, he is a good coach who can really transform our batsmen, he could be missing puzzle, that makes ash aftab shahriar, tamim, sakib into world class batsmen, he made dhoni into a class batsmen, he made pathan a good top order batsmen, transformed kaif yuvraj and developed raina into great players, his india stint was not a failure, except the wc

cricket_king
June 6, 2007, 02:51 AM
we should go for greg chappel, he is a good coach who can really transform our batsmen, he could be missing puzzle, that makes ash aftab shahriar, tamim, sakib into world class batsmen, he made dhoni into a class batsmen, he made pathan a good top order batsmen, transformed kaif yuvraj and developed raina into great players, his india stint was not a failure, except the wc

Man that's exactly what i've been saying. Sadly he isn't even under consideration :(

sunny747
June 6, 2007, 02:54 AM
no, i don't like the chappel.......too stupid. emails and sms and those emotional stuffs..

Antora
June 6, 2007, 03:04 AM

chappel?? je coach indiar moto team ke noshto kore dise???? omg.....if he's our coach then mash will turn into an opener and one gud banladeshi bowler will be history!!!! BANGLADESH will be ruind...... Sooooooo
lets stick to mcIness or wright....

Sohel
June 6, 2007, 03:04 AM
wild guess: wright's going to take the lanka job. BCB will offer Richie Mac the money he deserves.

g. chappell: one of greatest batsmaen of all-time. the underarm incident made him the most unsportsmanlike captain in modern history. the dada-incident, the goading of irfan pat'han, and those bizarre cyberspace communiqu├ęs don't speak volumes about his great performance as coach either.

Rabz
June 6, 2007, 05:50 AM
Another twist in the coach saga.
Lets see where it takes us next...