PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Still Keen On Whatmore

Luvlee_nik
June 6, 2007, 04:29 AM
[cricinfo]
The hunt for Bangladesh's next coach [cricinfo version] (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/297088.html)

Bangladesh still keen on Whatmore

June 6, 2007

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) authorities have said that they are still willing to welcome back Dav Whatmore after his bid for the vacant post of the coach for the Indian team failed.

"Our door is still open for Whatmore. He is a great coach and the Bangladesh team has improved a lot during his four-year tenure," Mahbub Anam, the general secretary of the board, told AFP. Anam, who is the man in charge of the BCB's hunt for a new coach, said that Bangladesh had never severed its relationship with Whatmore. "He made the decision to leave the post."

The BCB had reportedly offered an improved package to Whatmore when he decided to apply for the job of the Indian coach. Whatmore was tipped to be the new coach of the team, but the Indian board announced on Monday that South African Graham Ford is the frontrunner for the post and said that Whatmore wasn't in contention.

Meanwhile, the BCB has announced that Australian Shaun Williams will take over as an interim coach for Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka, which starts from June 20.

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 05:21 AM
If he returns...I'll have a good laugh at him.

Poor man, got rejected by BCCI after seeming so confident with getting the job.

nannu
June 6, 2007, 05:50 AM
i want dont want him to come back, cause he was the one who wanted bashar to continue as captain.

Rabz
June 6, 2007, 05:52 AM
Noh... as i said on some previous thread ...
Thanks but no thanks.

Antora
June 6, 2007, 05:53 AM
omg we're keen on watmore again???? gosh wats wrong wif bcb?? but i fell 4 this watmore dude... bahahahahaha he got rejected by bcci hahahahahahahahahah....(ok i fell betta after that lauf)

SMHasan
June 6, 2007, 08:12 AM
Whatmoore did a great job for us no doubt about that except the last match against India. We all are human being and we are bound to make mistakes so I believe to bowl first was an unwanted mistake (Although a part of my heart says that was a decision made by only himself to do a favour to the Indians, it might be irrelevant). But still I don't want him to be our coach right now. I am a bit scared of him, I think he is not thinking the same way our young cricketers, administrators are thinking now a days.

Dave must understand that our old days are gone and with that he needs to change his attitude as well. He was not 100% committed to his job in the later part and that questioned his professionalism. I think India rejected him for the same reason. We want a new coach with a positive frame of mind, who can push our boys, like Bruce Yardly- who will make new strategies and accomplish those with these talented boys. I am mentioning Bruce beacuse during the India series he said what was right, he was commentating in such a way that it seemed he knew what was the right thing to do. We need someone like him.

Fahmid
June 6, 2007, 08:16 AM
Dont want to take anything away from whatmore...but he learnt a very good lesson. I still think he is one of the best coach arround and I think BCB has shown a very big heart to give him the chance to come back and I think its a very very good thing. Please note that under Whatmore BD started to get respect and today they are a good one day team. It seems like all of a sudden u guies lost respect for him....BD still need Whatmore for another 3 more yrs

Tigers_eye
June 6, 2007, 08:28 AM
Bangladesh minus BC wants Watmore back.

However, I must say this is a good move by Anam after CEO's comments last month. Now negociations would be easier if necessary. I prefer at least a 5 year gap though.

sensible
June 6, 2007, 08:32 AM
If he comes back, I want strict code of conduct and 100% commitment on his part.

Imtiazk
June 6, 2007, 08:34 AM
No way ! So, we would take everybody's reject.

cracky
June 6, 2007, 08:37 AM
Mahbub Anam sucks. Please make someone else CEO.

BANFAN
June 6, 2007, 11:59 AM
Things have got a little messy now, after he rejected BD extension and BCCI rejected him. I don't think he will have similar impact on the players as he had before. I don't want him to leave BD in a way all (Most) of the other foreign coaches have left. Many of them even don't have talking relation with BCB.

Let this guy be left as it is, with the respect he has now.

Lets have a pair of fresh eyes and a fresh mind.

[Seems to be a thread, same as: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=21923]

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 12:14 PM
I think Whatmore has a little too much self-pride to agree on coming back. It would be embarrassing to say the least. Im guessing even if the BCB offer him an improved "package", theres no chance whatsoever of Whatmore becoming the next coach. Theres always a chance he'll come back later though...

Rajowana
June 6, 2007, 12:23 PM
lol he got rejected by the BCCI lol i larf!!Ok I'll calm down now!!

nannu
June 6, 2007, 12:26 PM
hi nikita,

i warned u that posting ur pic in this forum is risky, i didnt mean that other meye pagla guys will hunt u down. it is risky cause the moderator's dont like it. they are afraid that otherwise it will look like a dating site.

now it seems that they allready banned ur avater and u r not allowed to recieve private massages anymore.

by the way a female bc member (amethyst ) is furious on me cause she claims that the she created my avater herself. and i stole it from other forum.

i copied it from another forum thats right but, do u ppl think i should delete it?

Protic
June 6, 2007, 12:30 PM
Hahaha.. :p i mentioned this in india's coaching twist thread.. lol

syzygy
June 6, 2007, 12:54 PM
the only reason they might think of taking back whatmore is if they run out of their choices.the ceo by showing his keeness to take back whatmore is sending the wrong signal that no coach is interested for the coveted post of BD coach.probably he should have waited before going to the press that early when they are still looking for a replacement. its not even weeks that watmore has resigned and got a farewell. i see most of the bd fans like Fazal, Carte_Blanche wont be happy with this move or may be I am wrong.

syzygy
June 6, 2007, 01:15 PM
No way ! So, we would take everybody's reject.

yea, the ceo is acting less matured than most of the members here.

Sohel
June 6, 2007, 01:18 PM
either anam doesn't get it or some of us really need to get out of the twilight zone. he wanted the two-captain "solution" also BTW. it is really getting disturbing having to question reality like this.

jahidus200
June 6, 2007, 01:45 PM
i wants if he come back we need 100 percent commitment from whatmore. then our team will be more stronger. and this will be good move from bcb.

ononto
June 6, 2007, 01:49 PM
Dont want to take anything away from whatmore...but he learnt a very good lesson. I still think he is one of the best coach arround and I think BCB has shown a very big heart to give him the chance to come back and I think its a very very good thing. Please note that under Whatmore BD started to get respect and today they are a good one day team. It seems like all of a sudden u guies lost respect for him....BD still need Whatmore for another 3 more yrs

That's kind of true. It all started when Whatmore throwed his hat in the ring making his intention clear for the lucrative oppurtuninity of indian coach. That's kind of greedy attitude then professional approach and that also questions the commitment towards Bangladesh team. He decided to move on refusing higher benifits and salary offered by BCB.

Now when BCB made re-welcome statement for him, it certainly would make him feel low, considering the greedy attitude of him and the generousity showed by BCB. And in my opinion, as he already got his lesson, that could make a very positive impact towards his coaching if he get another chance. He will be more commited then ever before and he will give an extra 100% effort to prove himself successful as he would try to show it to BCCI.

So, I vouch for his re-entry being positive.

syzygy
June 6, 2007, 01:59 PM
That's kind of true. It all started when Whatmore throwed his hat in the ring making his intention clear for the lucrative oppurtuninity of indian coach. That's kind of greedy attitude then professional approach and that also questions the commitment towards Bangladesh team. He decided to move on refusing higher benifits and salary offered by BCB.

Now when BCB made re-welcome statement for him, it certainly would make him feel low, considering the greedy attitude of him and the generousity showed by BCB. And in my opinion, as he already got his lesson, that could make a very positive impact towards his coaching if he get another chance. He will be more commited then ever before and he will give an extra 100% effort to prove himself successful as he would try to show it to BCCI.

So, I vouch for his re-entry being positive.

well I just created a poll couple of days back and 90% of fans said "Thanks but no Thanks".

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=21923

it would be interesting wat those 90% fans think after their CEO is willing to give whatmore another chance, do we need to do a repoll guys?

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 07:13 PM
AHAHA NIKITA. Suck.

Whatmore...I don't reckon he'll be keen on BD anymore. He seems to be nomadic. Going from asian country to asian country trying to leave his mark. He already left his mark with BD. His job is done.

Hatebreed
June 6, 2007, 07:20 PM
Dav has made his decision but it's time to move on. Richard McInnes is the way forward for our young team.

So BCB, get your act together and sign McInnes! give him what he wants.. money, jewels.. just bring him home.

Ehsan
June 6, 2007, 07:39 PM
Its time to move on.

Faisal
June 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
wow, thats good news. please bring back whatmore:)

Nocturnal
June 6, 2007, 10:47 PM
New captain- new coach- new selector plz.

One World
June 6, 2007, 11:03 PM
Ok Luvlee Nick is banned..not whatmore

Tokyobreeze
June 7, 2007, 12:34 AM
What more BD can expect from Whatmore?

He did his part.Now we need someone like McInns or Jennings to groom the young team to prosperity.

syzygy
June 7, 2007, 12:44 AM
i just read now that india denied him the coaching role pak is again looking for whatmore but may be he is kind of afraid to go there. i think they will find it really hard to get a foreign coach.

ononto
June 7, 2007, 01:20 AM
i just read now that india denied him the coaching role pak is again looking for whatmore but may be he is kind of afraid to go there. i think they will find it really hard to get a foreign coach.

Thats so true. Any foreign coach would think 100 times before signing the contract with PCB.

Antora
June 7, 2007, 01:29 AM
New captain- new coach- new selector plz.

new captain... check!!!
new coach....??
new selector... do we even have a new selector?..if we do then.. check!!! LOL

Shafin
June 7, 2007, 03:38 AM
[cricinfo]
The hunt for Bangladesh's next coach [cricinfo version] (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/297088.html)

Bangladesh still keen on Whatmore

June 6, 2007

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) authorities have said that they are still willing to welcome back Dav Whatmore after his bid for the vacant post of the coach for the Indian team failed.

"Our door is still open for Whatmore. He is a great coach and the Bangladesh team has improved a lot during his four-year tenure," Mahbub Anam, the general secretary of the board, told AFP. Anam, who is the man in charge of the BCB's hunt for a new coach, said that Bangladesh had never severed its relationship with Whatmore. "He made the decision to leave the post."

The BCB had reportedly offered an improved package to Whatmore when he decided to apply for the job of the Indian coach. Whatmore was tipped to be the new coach of the team, but the Indian board announced on Monday that South African Graham Ford is the frontrunner for the post and said that Whatmore wasn't in contention.

Meanwhile, the BCB has announced that Australian Shaun Williams will take over as an interim coach for Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka, which starts from June 20.
Why she was banned?

Shafin
June 7, 2007, 03:40 AM
Its time to move on.
Wholeheartedly agreed.We dont need to employ him only to see him going for the Indian Job and getting denied in 2009.

CricFanBD
June 7, 2007, 06:20 PM
Why she was banned?

Why Luvlee_nik was banned?...for opening this thread!!

RazabQ
June 7, 2007, 07:12 PM
Luvlee_nik was banned for not conforming to forum rules on a consistent manner. Please understand that before anyone is banned mods almost always engage in PM conversation with the offending member and attempt to solve matters amicably. So discuss Whatmore at heart's content (while being civil) and stop with the speculation why a member was banned.

Mod

kaisermatin
June 7, 2007, 07:15 PM
that may be good. because he will have his targets aimed on India for sure...

zia
June 7, 2007, 11:02 PM
Don't forget Pakistani's are interested in him. And Dav did not comment on our new offer. It seems to me that we are not getting any good coach. So, if he obliges us then that would be good under the circumtances. Things that he needs to do is to teach our boys how to bat on test matches and also not to play balls outside the stumps. What do ya say?

Rabz
June 7, 2007, 11:11 PM
Time to move on.
No more Dav.
Period.

Shafin
June 8, 2007, 04:30 PM
Mahbub Anam sucks. Please make someone else CEO.
What crack it is?

kalpurush
June 8, 2007, 04:42 PM
What crack it is?

Cocaine crack!:-p

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/images6.jpg

kalpurush
June 8, 2007, 04:44 PM
Time to move on.
No more Dav.
Period.

(These are all periods!):D

tiger_2007
June 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
First of All, Mahbub Anam is not CEO. He is the general secretary of BCB. I don't want to see Dev as our next coach. As I mentioned in one of my earlier e-mail, Dev is a great coach and he did a wonderful service to BD team. We are very grateful to him, but, the way he handled the last few weeks with BD team, caused a real pain to all BD fan. We appreciated his service and he was given a memorable farewell. Now, it is time to move on, get some fresh start with positive attitude. Get the young and fresh tiger blood energized, take the BD team to a higher level so that BD team show the glowing presence of a new tiger era J <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 12:55 PM
First of All, Mahbub Anam is not CEO. He is the general secretary of BCB. I don't want to see Dev as our next coach. As I mentioned in one of my earlier e-mail, Dev is a great coach and he did a wonderful service to BD team. We are very grateful to him, but, the way he handled the last few weeks with BD team, caused a real pain to all BD fan. We appreciated his service and he was given a memorable farewell. Now, it is time to move on, get some fresh start with positive attitude. Get the young and fresh tiger blood energized, take the BD team to a higher level so that BD team show the glowing presence of a new tiger era J <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dev ? which one ? kapil ? he coached us ? when ?