PDA

View Full Version : Captain kid

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 04:13 PM
Check out this great article (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/297031.html) written by Jamie Alter from Cricinfo. Its one of todays specials on their site.

Ashraful's youth and energy can lead Bangladesh's revival
Captain Kid
Jamie Alter

Mohammad Ashraful's appointment as Bangladesh captain should not come as a surprise to those who've watched him over the years and, indeed, there was no hesitation in the Bangladesh Cricket Board's decision to give Ashraful the charge of both teams after Habibul Bashar relinquished the ODI captaincy. While some will call it a gamble or stop-gap move he is, on seniority and street credit, the best man for the job.
-------------------------------------------------------------(Continued)--------------------------------------------------------

Protic
June 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
Nothing special about the article actually.. We knew all these anyway.

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 05:00 PM

We did? In that case, the mods can merge it i guess. I just thought it was a great way to synthesize pretty much everything we've talked about. The little snippets of interviews (both old and new) were also worth a read IMO. But i leave it up to the mods...

Protic
June 6, 2007, 05:09 PM
We did? In that case, the mods can merge it i guess. I just thought it was a great way to synthesize pretty much everything we've talked about. The little snippets of interviews (both old and new) were also worth a read IMO. But i leave it up to the mods...

No..im not talking about this thread..you jus said what i meant.. its just synthesize everything we've ALREADY talked about.. but the threads good for the new users..to know about our new captain. [Source link]

Nafi
June 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
A fresh of breath air from cricinfo, though can this be hopefully turned to a hurricane soon.

Rabz
June 6, 2007, 09:15 PM
Time for Ashraful to become the benchmark of our hopes and dreams.
Time to shine.
Time to rise.
Time to be the man he always promised us to be.

Nocturnal
June 6, 2007, 10:31 PM
Good read. Thanks Farhad.

Murad
June 6, 2007, 11:14 PM
nice article..
thx

Shafin
June 7, 2007, 03:37 AM
Time for Ashraful to become the benchmark of our hopes and dreams.
Time to shine.
Time to rise.
Time to be the man he always promised us to be.
Lets hope,although I'm pretty much happy with the Eid's Now a days.

Antora
June 7, 2007, 05:23 AM
nice article......

Carte Blanche
June 7, 2007, 05:44 AM
The key for Ashraful in his new role will be a willingness to learn. He will need to turn to his seniors - Bashar, Javed Omar and Mohammad Rafique - for advice. He has admitted that he will need to maintain the standard set by Bashar and Whatmore, but he will also benefit from conversing with his young team-mates. Someone like Mortaza, capable of winning a session and even a game, could offer advice on field settings and bowling strategies. In that sense Ashraful has few burdens; this is a young side with scant room for egos and everyone has more to learn.What I find heartening is both Ash and Mash have recognized the necessity of synergy in communication and flow of ideas/advice on field. Alter also makes a good point that we need to "maintain" the standard set by DW and, to some extent, Bashar. Many of us are overbuoyed by the new injection of a Captain. The fact remains that the team hasn't gone through any magical change. The core set of players is still the same. The question is, can this regime change translate to a more effective conversion of potential? To me, the primary objective of Ash-Mash regime ought to be at least "maintaining" the level of intensity and skills we have achieved in the past few seasons. Expect nothing fancy. This is a team in transition, and our foremost mission will be to avoid falling apart. That doesn't mean we can't be cautiously optimistic though. This signifies beginning of a new era, and we have reason to be hopeful. Overall, it's a well-written article by Jamie Alter.

Ahmed_B
June 7, 2007, 09:46 AM
Good read.. :up:

Tigers_eye
June 7, 2007, 09:59 AM
Good read and can be merged with Ashraful's countless threads.

Rajowana
June 7, 2007, 10:27 AM
Thnx for the article

cricket_dorshok
June 7, 2007, 10:29 AM
Yes, nice article.

Sadz
June 7, 2007, 01:51 PM
I was expecting an interesting article ,but no, it was something that most of us new anyway since the moment Ash was appointed as bd captain.

gatekeeper
June 7, 2007, 02:02 PM

This piece not solely for BD fans. Deosn't really matter if WE knew this or not.

I enjoyed the article.

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 04:36 PM
Nicely written article ... I liked it.

I hope Ashraful can take the BD team to unsurpassable heights.

shuzon
June 8, 2007, 09:51 AM
This signifies beginning of a new era, and we have reason to be hopeful.

it is a begining of a new era for bd.. sure it is:flag:

Sohel
June 8, 2007, 10:08 AM
What I find heartening is both Ash and Mash have recognized the necessity of synergy in communication and flow of ideas/advice on field. Alter also makes a good point that we need to "maintain" the standard set by DW and, to some extent, Bashar. Many of us are overbuoyed by the new injection of a Captain. The fact remains that the team hasn't gone through any magical change. The core set of players is still the same. The question is, can this regime change translate to a more effective conversion of potential? To me, the primary objective of Ash-Mash regime ought to be at least "maintaining" the level of intensity and skills we have achieved in the past few seasons. Expect nothing fancy. This is a team in transition, and our foremost mission will be to avoid falling apart. That doesn't mean we can't be cautiously optimistic though. This signifies beginning of a new era, and we have reason to be hopeful. Overall, it's a well-written article by Jamie Alter.

beautifully driven shot right beween point and cover.