PDA

View Full Version : Some Friendly Advice For Ashraful

shimul99
June 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
Ashraful is still not considered as a dependent player of Bangladesh team. I wish him the best as a New Bangladesh Captain. BUt he has to remember couple of things:

Don't get hot-headed
Don't try to play you natural bad shots
Motivate other player with your natural good games
Take Test as a Test (not one day)
Don't just chase to build your personal record...keep your eyes on the team form

All my best wishes to Ashraful: "Keep the good spirit up....we will overcome any situation. You have the ability, you have the potential, just expose it to the world is more organised manner":flag:

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 04:37 PM
Great advise. Id be very surprised and saddened if he didnt already know all of this though. You could have put this into any one of the other threads on the matter...

shimul99
June 6, 2007, 04:42 PM
Nice say farhad.....

Protic
June 6, 2007, 04:46 PM
Lol.

Fortuner
June 6, 2007, 05:46 PM
there are so many ppl out there to give his such advices.this advice counts if he comes to BC n see this. he will be touched by it. hope it does see it b4 sl tour

Nafi
June 6, 2007, 05:49 PM
I'll try to forward the message

Rumz_01
June 6, 2007, 05:50 PM
Ash is a team playa...!

Kabir
June 6, 2007, 05:56 PM
I'll try to forward the message

You can ask Protic for help.

Nafi
June 6, 2007, 06:00 PM
You can ask Protic for help.

I have ashraful's phone number :callme: (well technically my Dad has).

Nafis_BD
June 6, 2007, 06:09 PM

Hey I have it too but have it in BD and I am getting it mailed to me!!!

Nafi
June 6, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yeh nice to know man (yawn)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2703/bdeshteammd8ox5.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bdeshteammd8ox5.jpg)

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5307/bdeshteammd8.jpg

^^^^
My Dad has a very nice light blue squared shirt in that pic doesnt he?

I'd laugh if you werent being sarcastic

karimjay.
June 6, 2007, 07:19 PM
What are the hujurs doing with the team?

Bodyguards?

Kabir
June 6, 2007, 08:13 PM

Oh. Haha, that's awsum man.

I mentioned Protic coz his location says "BCB-Office" though :)

Sadz
June 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
Nicely said shimul99, I believe ur right. The truth is the truth right?

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 04:39 PM
Good stuff ... but I think Ash should know these already if he just watched his bad innings (he has a LOT to pick from) on video.

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 04:41 PM

thats great...what does your Dad do with the BCB?

Nafi
June 7, 2007, 04:49 PM
thats great...what does your Dad do with the BCB?

He is just a member of a branch of BCB in the UK, which is just basically in charge of their hospitality.

Kabir
June 7, 2007, 05:41 PM
He is just a member of a branch of BCB in the UK, which is just basically in charge of their hospitality.

I don't know, but for some reason, my assumption was very SIMILAR. I thought he's the host of BD cricket team whenever the team travels to UK. Damn, I'm right :D

kalpurush
June 7, 2007, 06:08 PM

May I have it, pls.!:)

gatekeeper
June 7, 2007, 08:40 PM
Best Advice-don't listen to any of us here, just do what you and the coaches think is right.

Zobair
June 7, 2007, 09:22 PM
hear! hear!

Best Advice-don't listen to any of us here, just do what you and the coaches think is right.

selina
June 7, 2007, 09:26 PM

Sorry but I have to disagree.
Cuz some of the things many members say on this forum may be able to help Ash in many ways, specially his batting. Of course I don't think Ash is actually gonna come to this forum and read everything just for a few tips and some advice!

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 10:49 PM

wow thats pretty cool.

Too bad they dont know what cricket is in the States :(.

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 10:50 PM

LOL Good one ... but then many of us will vent at the coach /:)

I'll say it like Tamim does: Ashraful, play your "natural game" :)

Rabz
June 7, 2007, 11:02 PM
Good advices, but as said by few already, im sure Ash knows about them and as a professional he knows a thing or two more than us about how to approach his captaincy.
This is not a surprising knews to him and he must be preparing himself for a little while over the prospect of leading the team.

Best of bestest luck to him.

cricket_king
June 8, 2007, 01:36 AM
Why not just send this to ashraful instead?

Sohel
June 8, 2007, 01:49 AM
ash IS an occasional BC visitor BTW.

cricket_king
June 8, 2007, 02:12 AM

Really? Is he a member?

Antora
June 8, 2007, 02:32 AM

really? how do u know?

worldofad
June 8, 2007, 03:22 AM
LOL....I doubt that Ashraful regularly visits BC...

kalpurush
June 8, 2007, 04:28 PM
Here is some advice from SL captain which could be handy for Ashraful:

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDM3MTI=&mid=OA==

shovon13
June 8, 2007, 05:54 PM
Ashraful is still not considered as a dependent player of Bangladesh team. I wish him the best as a New Bangladesh Captain. BUt he has to remember couple of things:
Don't get hot-headed
Don't try to play you natural bad shots
Motivate other player with your natural good games
Take Test as a Test (not one day)
Don't just chase to build your personal record...keep your eyes on the team form
All my best wishes to Ashraful: "Keep the good spirit up....we will overcome any situation. You have the ability, you have the potential, just expose it to the world is more organised manner":flag:

no no no....

he should ALWAYS play his (natural) game, which is being refined with every passing inning - regardless of whether its a test inning or an odi one.
i WANT to see some boiling blood. take it to the face of the opposition. be the gunther (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/296983.html) ala andre nel aka a typical fast bowler.
be proud and ridiculously confident.
always, always keep it in your mind that you are the best batsman in the world, and you are leading the best team in the world.

BangladeshFan
June 8, 2007, 07:30 PM
no no no....

he should ALWAYS play his (natural) game, which is being refined with every passing inning - regardless of whether its a test inning or an odi one.
i WANT to see some boiling blood. take it to the face of the opposition. be the gunther (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/296983.html) ala andre nel aka a typical fast bowler.
be proud and ridiculously confident.
always, always keep it in your mind that you are the best batsman in the world, and you are leading the best team in the world.

i also feel ash should play his "natural game". afterall who else can paddle sweep mcgrath? and who else can make the "scoop" look so easy to play that everyone else tries to follow?

i like the arrogance of some Bd players (Aftab, Ash), we need to have a combination of aggression and reliability. sakib and mushfiq is going to provide the reliability.

shovon13
June 8, 2007, 09:01 PM
in the odi team, we have aftab, ashraful, and tamim taking on the hitting duties - since they are the ones most capable of it in the team (besides mashrafe in lower order). we also have nafees, sakib and mushy playing 'the wall' role (i'm talking about the dravidian walls, not our very own javed wall).

a balance like this hasn't been established yet in the test team.

shimul99
June 11, 2007, 07:38 PM
Natural Play is not working on his career. Look at Ashraful, Aftab. The could not produce any remarkable achievement with their natural game. They have to be more dependable like the backbone of the team. For that if they have the change their natural game then change it. This about Hayden, Dravid, more……they have changed their natural game based on the team need. The one thing they have to keep in mind that “TEAM”. We have to make sure they have the adaptability to change the move they make in the game. This about another rising star in India “Karthink”. He is a very new player, but look at him MOVE. He can play his role as a Wall at the same match next innings he can play like a hitter.

Anyway, our wish is always with Ashraful…just think it and then do it. Don’t DO IT AND THEN THINK IT…!