PDA

View Full Version : Bulbul criticizing the Selectors

bangla786
June 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
[Text wasn't composed in unicode format, it will always appear as garbage text.]

http://www.ajkerkagoj.com/2007/June06/sports.html#2 ( about in middle, the title is nirbachokra ki ayner uddha?

bangla786
June 6, 2007, 06:31 PM
he basically critisize for not picking tushar and tamim in the test and two keeprs alone with the selection of picking syed rasel in the test

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 07:35 PM
Like ive said before. Ive pretty much lost respect for him...

Ehsan
June 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
Like ive said before. Ive pretty much lost respect for him...

For bulbul? I thought he was making some valid statements except may be not on the Tamim part.

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 07:56 PM
For bulbul? I thought he was making some valid statements except may be not on the Tamim part.

After he started rambling on about the WC team selection, all i see is a guy criticizing others to get some attention. Did you see his World cup column? Pretty sad to say the least...

ialbd
June 6, 2007, 07:58 PM
ohh abar arekta font download korte hobe.... kichhui dekhina...

left-hander
June 6, 2007, 08:16 PM
Bulbul is frustrated that no one is asking him to be a selector. His world cup column was critical of every move the selectors made.

Dhakablues
June 6, 2007, 08:24 PM
I think its the reporter who did the most part.. Bulbul just added his comments which is pretty much what we all have been saying. You like Bulbul or not for his world cup comments has nothing to do with the truth., I think his comments does have validity as even God doesnt know why/how Faruq picks up a team...Performance is not used, nor is history, nor is a strategy, nor is a comittment,,, what you need to get into Faruque's 11,, even he himself doesnt know

Kabir
June 6, 2007, 08:27 PM
What's wrong if he's criticizing the selectors? If he has valid points, try to talk about that. Just don't start arguing that he criticized the selectors, and that's why he deserves crap. That's the wrong approach.

If you don't like criticism, then don't criticize him either.

iqu15
June 6, 2007, 08:34 PM
I support Bulbul on the context as he said that the selectors dont have any specific plan / criterion in the selection process. Most of the time they are carried away with the hike of some specific players, ignoring their very poor current form. One example I can give you about the selection of Mahmudullah Riad.

I can not understand how Riad has been selected for Test instead of Sabbir Khan (Leading wicket taker of the last domestic league) as an off spinner. Please look at the stats here from cricinfo:

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56100.html

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56025.html

The selectors said that they have taken Riad as a specialized off spinner who can bat a bit. But I wonder his ability as an off spinner with the stats I can see. I think they rather focused on his batting though they spoke about his bowling. I can not find any logic behind it. In fact Sabbir is not a bad batsman at all, he is quite capable of doing that and most importantly he has got more experience in 1st class cricket than Riad. Experience of longer version cricket is the most essential for playing Test cricket.

What I can see, if Riad gets a chance somehow in one of the test, he is going to ruin his career as he will find himself thrown away after some awful performance. I am not letting down Riad rather speaking the truth that he should have played more 1st class cricket before being selected for the test.

I also think Tamim should not be in Test at this moment. He also should play more 1st class cricket before playing in the test. Because he is really an outstanding batsman and certainly we do not want to lose him early.

Selectors should look at the recent form of the current players and who can not do well should be replaced by the players performing in the domestic arena. It would also help those off form player to gain their form back playing some domestic crickets rather thrown away for a long time.

Beamer
June 6, 2007, 09:15 PM
Riad picked for Odi's not tests.

iqu15
June 6, 2007, 09:26 PM
Riad picked for Odi's not tests.

My apology for that. But still I believe Sabbir is better than Riad for ODI also.

BD Tigers
June 6, 2007, 09:40 PM
This forum is becoming a "criticize everybody" forum now. We are just looking for somebody left & right to bash no matter what. Very few insightful threads now-a-days :(

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 09:56 PM
This forum is becoming a "criticize everybody" forum now. We are just looking for somebody left & right to bash no matter what. Very few insightful threads now-a-days :(

If that was meant for me, you should know that ive been pretty [..edit..]. And Kabir bhai, it wasnt simply because of his old actions, like Ehsan said, Tamim just isnt ready yet. The only time Bulbul says anything is when he criticizes someone

Honestly, whos criticizing anybody here? Does that mean that i have to respect everybody here because thats all i said. I dont respect him anymore. Is that "bashing" by any means? In a way, it actually shows that i did respect him before, and thats a praise. I find what BD-tigers said pretty interesting. We are looking for just anybody to bash, whether its forum members or somebody else. Its time some of you guys move on and comment on the matter for once instead of picking on something you dont like and going after it. Everybody's entitled to criticize (including Bulbul, or any forum member) but if all you ever do is criticize, youre doing exactly what i stopped respecting Bulbul for...

BD Tigers
June 6, 2007, 10:19 PM
[edit]

It was not for u. It was a general comment as that's what happening in this forum. just bashing somebody.

Farhad
June 6, 2007, 10:19 PM
What's wrong if he's criticizing the selectors? If he has valid points, try to talk about that. Just don't start arguing that he criticized the selectors, and that's why he deserves crap. That's the wrong approach.

lol...isnt that just what youre doing right now? Btw, not respecting someone is very different from disrespecting someone

Kabir
June 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
lol...isnt that just what youre doing right now? Btw, not respecting someone is very different from disrespecting someone

Bhai maaf koira den. Ami bhabsilam ekta legitimate kotha komu...boila dekhi ulta dourani khaitesi

Apnader joto icha criticize koren...khbu bhalo, criticize kora khub bhalo...shaster jonno upokari...ami recommend korbo dine dui theke tinbar criticize kore thik moto chorchay thaka...thik ase boss? eibar ami futi?

Murad
June 6, 2007, 11:03 PM
i dont see anything wrong in what bulbul criticized.. whatever he said is very true... Bulbul is a nice guy.. he knows whats hes talking..

He didnt say anything bad about the wc team except the pilot-mushfique issue..

this bunch of selectors should be sacked immediately.. they select one good team and then 10 bad teams.. they are not being costistent.. they are doing way too many mistakes..

Faruk making himself a fool by saying things about tushar...

One World
June 6, 2007, 11:22 PM
Bulbul is also a fan. So he can have pros and cons.

ononto
June 6, 2007, 11:45 PM

Completely agreed.

I think its the reporter who did the most part.. Bulbul just added his comments which is pretty much what we all have been saying. You like Bulbul or not for his world cup comments has nothing to do with the truth., I think his comments does have validity as even God doesnt know why/how Faruq picks up a team...Performance is not used, nor is history, nor is a strategy, nor is a comittment,,, what you need to get into Faruque's 11,, even he himself doesnt know

Agreed again.

Tokyobreeze
June 7, 2007, 12:50 AM
Reading the news, I think Bulbul has a point this time. Our test team is not really reflecting a wise attitude from selectors, futureistically. But, truth is we have to live with their decisions as we had to in the past, no matter how much we like our dislike that.

Wish the current team best of luck. Though it could have been a better team. Period.

cricket_king
June 7, 2007, 01:32 AM
I agree with bulbul there. Although i'm not too sure about tushar, i believe tamim should have had a go. He knows how to bat.....something that not many of the players in the squad know.

Antora
June 7, 2007, 01:37 AM
why do all articles have to be in bangla??? it takes me like 30 minutes to read 2 paragraphs.. gosh im bad at this

Ashfaque
June 7, 2007, 01:44 AM
I dont khow what Bulbul said, but i think this is about not to take Tushar Imaran in Test team. Thats not fair to Tushar.But in case of Tamim, i dont think he is ready for Test match.
Futhermore i have a question to the selector- why they pick Sharrif?

cricket_king
June 7, 2007, 05:47 AM
I dont khow what Bulbul said, but i think this is about not to take Tushar Imaran in Test team. Thats not fair to Tushar.But in case of Tamim, i dont think he is ready for Test match.
Futhermore i have a question to the selector- why they pick Sharrif?

Wait.....i thought he was criticizing the selectors for NOT choosing tushar and tamim... :confused:

Nafi
June 7, 2007, 05:57 AM
He made valid points

Rizvi
June 7, 2007, 08:30 AM
Guys...Can we speak about what he said? I still dont know in details what came outta his mouth.

Additionally, it's good for if someone in his calibar voices his opinion and states a few points here and there. It keeps the selectors on their toes.

SS
June 7, 2007, 09:00 AM
He made some points, but he have to fix our national and other leagues first. All these years BCB failed to provide an international standard league system similar to IND,PAK or SL. So now we have no other options, BCB although took some great attempts but never thought carefully how important league system could be.

We will again see similar performance from these 'selected' players...More defeats in the tests...they blamed ICC for not organizing enough test matches, but did they ever think what facilities they created to prepare for the test players. It's never too late to start but the sooner BCB starts restructuring the system, the sooner our player will be prepared and will be able to justify their selections. Otherwise we will have the same fate and will have to hide our faces for the huge defeats.

Tigers_eye
June 7, 2007, 09:21 AM
crapy piece of journalism. unnecessary speech to spice it up. Bulbul's head is only thinking one thing. "I want Faruque's job". For Rasel's comment I say he is the one who is labelling him as ODI player. Didn't he watch the the India series? a fast bowler can get injured, bugged in seconds who does he want to open with? Aftab? Sharif? And this is a 3 test series. Come on Bulbul think before you speak. In the second test Mash and Rasel played. Who was the better bowler? Who created more chances? All the drops were on Rasel's ball. I pray and hope Bulbul stays away from becoming a selector at least few more years. By then ther should be a proper structure to follow.

He questioned Mehrab's drop in the WC team. Arey bulbul bhai did you notice who they took instead of Mehrab in the WC? That was a pure gamble we all knew. Why are you questioning? Tamim's exclusion from the test team was for his own good. Yes, he is better than most of the batsmen we have. Yes he would/could average better than all of the top order, yes many things, but the more you hold him back the hungrier he will be the better he will learn the more devastating he will be once he gets his chance. instead of 30+ I want him 50+. Take Sakib for example. He is still learning. Tamim has long way to go. Charging down the track in a test is uncalled for. Yet if he is thurst in now he will do exactly that. immature to say the least.

Bulbul bhai, get a job, a real one.

rah
June 7, 2007, 12:18 PM
the guy is jus angry, dat akram was made a selector, and noone has asked him for the job

FaridpurChicago
June 7, 2007, 03:54 PM
Tigers eye, You left nothing more to add. If Bulbul would have replaced Faruq then an early exit from WC could make us better prepared for the series against India. That's a positive definitely. He talked about Mehrab Jnr and Pilot for the world cup and both of their replacement (Mushfiq and Tamim) scrored 50+ against Ind. I must mention another name in line with Bulbul and that is Raqibul H. They want to take our cricket to their glorious days. Both of them are crying for the post of Faruq probably by talking about Bashar, Pilot and Tushar (only +ve).

My observation is, Faruq is doing better than a lot of his competitors. He makes some mistakes as well. He had to include Pilot to avoid criticism. His dropping off Tushar was not a good decision. Tamim's part is ok, moreover if you include him then there might be a question of not including Aftab although Tamim would do better than SN.
In my opinion, Tushar should play in place of Bashar and Tamim instead of SN. Pilot should be replaced with Mushfiq.

crapy piece of journalism. unnecessary speech to spice it up. Bulbul's head is only thinking one thing. "I want Faruque's job". For Rasel's comment I say he is the one who is labelling him as ODI player. Didn't he watch the the India series? a fast bowler can get injured, bugged in seconds who does he want to open with? Aftab? Sharif? And this is a 3 test series. Come on Bulbul think before you speak. In the second test Mash and Rasel played. Who was the better bowler? Who created more chances? All the drops were on Rasel's ball. I pray and hope Bulbul stays away from becoming a selector at least few more years. By then ther should be a proper structure to follow.

He questioned Mehrab's drop in the WC team. Arey bulbul bhai did you notice who they took instead of Mehrab in the WC? That was a pure gamble we all knew. Why are you questioning? Tamim's exclusion from the test team was for his own good. Yes, he is better than most of the batsmen we have. Yes he would/could average better than all of the top order, yes many things, but the more you hold him back the hungrier he will be the better he will learn the more devastating he will be once he gets his chance. instead of 30+ I want him 50+. Take Sakib for example. He is still learning. Tamim has long way to go. Charging down the track in a test is uncalled for. Yet if he is thurst in now he will do exactly that. immature to say the least.

Niceman70
June 7, 2007, 04:30 PM

good answer.

Pundit
June 7, 2007, 04:42 PM

Really? What's wrong with Faruk besides his mustache?

Speaking about performance...the one ifrom our domestics?
Speaking about history..Faruk always reads about our independance!
Speaking about Strategy...every player has a role..he either bowls bats or keeps. And they all play together in the same field during a test match.
Speaking about Commitment...they are playing in the field, are they not...instead of sleeping off.

kalpurush
June 7, 2007, 04:43 PM

T_E bhai....spot on!:-D

Pundit
June 7, 2007, 04:44 PM
Tigers eye, You left nothing more to add. If Bulbul would have replaced Faruq then an early exit from WC could make us better prepared for the series against India. That's a positive definitely. He talked about Mehrab Jnr and Pilot for the world cup and both of their replacement (Mushfiq and Tamim) scrored 50+ against Ind. I must mention another name in line with Bulbul and that is Raqibul H. They want to take our cricket to their glorious days. Both of them are crying for the post of Faruq probably by talking about Bashar, Pilot and Tushar (only +ve).

My observation is, Faruq is doing better than a lot of his competitors. He makes some mistakes as well. He had to include Pilot to avoid criticism. His dropping off Tushar was not a good decision. Tamim's part is ok, moreover if you include him then there might be a question of not including Aftab although Tamim would do better than SN.
In my opinion, Tushar should play in place of Bashar and Tamim instead of SN. Pilot should be replaced with Mushfiq.

Very practical comments.

kalpurush
June 7, 2007, 04:45 PM

Speaking about Strategy...every player has a role..he either bowls bats or keeps. And they all play together in the same field during a test match.
Speaking about Commitment...they are playing in the field, are they not...instead of sleeping off.

Ha! ha!! Ha!!!///cool one!!!:D :D

kalpurush
June 7, 2007, 04:55 PM

Some tips for dear Bulbul bhai:
1st, work on these and then, use this site below:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/images37.jpg

http://english.monster.ca/

Good Luck...:D

kalpurush
June 7, 2007, 04:57 PM

...ditto.:-D

Dhakablues
June 7, 2007, 04:57 PM

Expecation is that it was sarcasm than your real thought that you put there. other wise,, Duh?

left-hander
June 7, 2007, 05:31 PM
I can not understand how Riad has been selected for Test instead of Sabbir Khan (Leading wicket taker of the last domestic league) as an off spinner.

Sabbir has had his share of opportunities and he failed to deliver at the highest level. Also, he is a pre-test generation cricketer. I think we need fresh young cricketers.