PDA

View Full Version : Why is Syed Rasel in our test team?

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 02:03 AM
i cant beleave that sayed rasel in our test team . in his carrier he did not have any good test match . aginst india he bowled 20 overs and give 113 runs thats really very expensive . i am really never understand why he select for our test team.

cricket_king
June 7, 2007, 02:07 AM
Well he's in the squad....not the playing 11 as yet. I'm fine with him being in the squad but his defensive swing bowling is pretty useless in test cricket. We'll have to see how he plays i guess...

Shafin
June 7, 2007, 03:42 AM
Please dont pick him in the playing 11,he is more there as a backup,I guess.

Trigger_Tiger
June 7, 2007, 03:45 AM
i cant beleave that sayed rasel in our test team . in his carrier he did not have any good test match . aginst india he bowled 20 overs and give 113 runs thats really very expensive . i am really never understand why he select for our test team.

Don't forget how 2 chances were spilled in the field off his bowling. The poor fellow needs a bit more of pace without losing the line/length/accuracy.

Ahmed_B
June 7, 2007, 04:03 AM
Rasel is in the team because he is among BD's top-4 effective pacers! And if any replacement is needed... he is simply a good-enough choice. The huge cry in your post almost implies that he is already in the playing 11. Ever heard of back-up players??

Before opening any thread please think twice whether the topic is worthy of duscussion or not. Othewise we will end up having criticism threads on each of the 15 members in the squad.
Thanks

-Mod

Nafi
June 7, 2007, 04:17 AM
If only that guy could go to the gym more often :lol:

Imtiazk
June 7, 2007, 05:15 AM

Did you not watch the test match against Sri Lanka at Colombo when they were 48/4 ? You cannot pick out one test and rubbish someone.

I could equally pick out Shahadat taking 1 wicket for 257 runs in the whole series against Australia when he was supposed to be good.

By the way, I am not saying Shahadat should be dropped. But if Murtaza is taken on as a "bowling" all rounder, then we could pick Rasel as the fifth bowler. Given the propensity of our opponents to pile up huge scores against us, this would give our attack more variety and depth. Sakib's bowling cannot be taken too seriously in tests.

Of course, this also presupposes Mushfiq coming in

Nafi
June 7, 2007, 05:22 AM
Syed rasel has a good record against Sri Lanka, on his test debut he had gotten [edit]two wickets in one innings against SL.

Antora
June 7, 2007, 05:26 AM
BTW guys, you do realise Syed rasel has a great record, on his test debut against Sri Lanka he had bagged himself 5 wickets in one innings of a test match.

omg really?? WOW i never knew that!!!!5wickets..awesome!!!! if he's in the playing 11.. lets hope something like this happens again!!!!!!!

GuruTM
June 7, 2007, 05:33 AM
[বাংলা]জাহিদুস, রাসেল আবার কি সমস্যা করল? দেখতে একটু খারাপ, এই তো?[/বাংলা]

Nafi
June 7, 2007, 05:37 AM
omg really?? WOW i never knew that!!!!5wickets..awesome!!!! if he's in the playing 11.. lets hope something like this happens again!!!!!!!

sorry man I got him mixed up with Rafique, it was Rafique who got 5 wickets not Rasel, though thats really good of Rafque getting 5 wickets in one test innings.

Trigger_Tiger
June 7, 2007, 05:38 AM
Syed rasel has a good record against Sri Lanka, on his test debut he had gotten two wickets in one innings against SL.

Cricinfo says otherwise though :-/!!!!!:

Bowling averages
Tests:

Mat 5
Balls 693
Runs 469
Wkts 9
BBI 4/129
BBM 4/129
Ave 52.11
Econ 4.06
SR 77.00
4 1
5 0
10 0

cricket_king
June 7, 2007, 05:41 AM

Haha don't get so excited......the dude's wrong. Rasel took for wickets that innings.....not 5. Sorry to burst your bubble ;)

Antora
June 7, 2007, 05:44 AM
Haha don't get so excited......the dude's wrong. Rasel took for wickets that innings.....not 5. Sorry to burst your bubble ;)

OMG WHAT?? GoSH PEOPLEZZ THESE DAYZZ.. why cant they ever give the right information... Gosh just when i got my hopes up...:-|

zahid
June 7, 2007, 07:33 AM
I think Rasel is food for ODI's. He was the no. 1 bowler in the WC for us.

Sohel
June 7, 2007, 07:36 AM
i think way too many people are judging the book by the rather unglamorous cover here. i like ras, smart bowler who will continue to improve.

Sumon77
June 7, 2007, 07:46 AM
he was picked simply because we dont have quality pacer pther than Mash and Rajib. so he is the backup one. when we have another Fast bowler nearby atleast Rajib, rasel will be in ODI only, may be.

Sohel
June 7, 2007, 07:53 AM
he was picked simply because we dont have quality pacer pther than Mash and Rajib. so he is the backup one. when we have another Fast bowler nearby atleast Rajib, rasel will be in ODI only, may be.

also true. i think he'll continue to improve and be used in ODIs as a "containment" seamer even after rajib learns to find his line early, and become the automatic choice alongside mash.

amra_korbo_joy
June 7, 2007, 07:53 AM
Syed Rasel is very clever bowler like Mac Grah with lot of variations. Even, with his speed, I have seen him bowling real bounce against India. He would have got few wickets against India, but fielders drop the catch. You must remember the easy catch drop at slip position by Sakib that was bowled by Rasel. I have also seen a lot of catches were (bowled by Rasel) fallen in the no-man-land because of super defensive fielding by Bashar. He is a wicket taker. The biggest plus point of his bowling is variations. He always keeps batsman guessing.

sensible
June 7, 2007, 07:59 AM
Some in BC has a really short memory span. When Mashrafee was injured, it was Rasel and Shahadat that was our pace attack and they gave us good starts in test matches.

Trigger_Tiger
June 7, 2007, 08:33 AM
i think way too many people are judging the book by the rather unglamorous cover here. i like ras, smart bowler who will continue to improve.
I echo that :up:!!!!!

Wrong! Bangladesh would always need a 3 prong pace attack in both forms of the game for both variation and assurance that, even if one bowler falls ill (God forbid) during the match, they can still have two more bowling.

Syed Rasel is very clever bowler like Mac Grah with lot of variations. Even, with his speed, I have seen him bowling real bounce against India. He would have got few wickets against India, but fielders drop the catch. You must remember the easy catch drop at slip position by Sakib that was bowled by Rasel. I have also seen a lot of catches were (bowled by Rasel) fallen in the no-man-land because of super defensive fielding by Bashar. He is a wicket taker. The biggest plus point of his bowling is variations. He always keeps batsman guessing.

I second that bro :)!!!!!

Sumon77
June 7, 2007, 10:06 AM
IWrong! Bangladesh would always need a 3 prong pace attack in both forms of the game for both variation and assurance that, even if one bowler falls ill (God forbid) during the match, they can still have two more bowling.
<
what did i say? pls go through the post before you comment. we ofcourse need 3 pacers, but since we dont hav a quality proven one with good pace yet, we hav to go with Rasel, even if Rajib can get consistant line and length along with his current pace, he will be chosen ahead of Rasel even at ODI.

Tigers_eye
June 7, 2007, 10:09 AM
Terrible thread. Not the posts but the opening post.

Trigger_Tiger
June 7, 2007, 10:13 AM
what did i say? pls go through the post before you comment. we ofcourse need 3 pacers, but since we dont hav a quality proven one with good pace yet, we hav to go with Rasel, even if Rajib can get consistant line and length along with his current pace, he will be chosen ahead of Rasel even at ODI.

Oh! Hyper chilam.....sorry :D!!!!!

sadi
June 7, 2007, 10:18 AM
If anyone has problem with having Rasel in the squad, I urge them to name a pacer that can replace Rasel as our third seamer. Now we will hear names like Tapash, Santo, Monju or heck even Mushfiq Babu.

cricket_dorshok
June 7, 2007, 10:28 AM
If anyone has problem with having Rasel in the squad, I urge them to name a pacer that can replace Rasel as our third seamer. Now we will hear names like Tapash, Santo, Monju or heck even Mushfiq Babu.
tao bhalo, Mushfiq babu porjonto aisa thaima gesen. ami to vabsilam Saiful, Dulu, Prince ....

Rubu
June 7, 2007, 10:34 AM
This thread shows how absurd some of those 'why x is/is not in the squad' threads are.

People love shahadat and no one ever questions his inclusion. Beside uncontrolled speed, what does he have that Rasel does not? the reality is he has a awesome bowling record against SL who has a lot of left handed batsman. He should get the nod ahead of shahadat even in the 11.

This is the first time selectors has pulled in a test squad without any noticeable blunder (well, I should not say first time, but one of the few times), and we see most number of complain this time. I'm surprised, what can I say.

SS
June 7, 2007, 10:38 AM
tao bhalo, Mushfiq babu porjonto aisa thaima gesen. ami to vabsilam Saiful, Dulu, Prince ....
lol...it's sad but true that our reserves and resources are so limited for quality pacers.

Farhad
June 7, 2007, 11:56 AM
Rasels one of the best bowlers we have in terms of results in ODI's the recent past. Period. He deserves to be in the test squad just because of that. Hes more of a backup. Pace isnt everything...

rah
June 7, 2007, 12:11 PM
If only that guy could go to the gym more often :lol:

exactly das wot da guy needs, he should be able to have a quiker ball capable of reachin 80mph

GothamCity
June 7, 2007, 12:11 PM
Rasel has a good economical action and keep on bowling forever.. so I think he is a good test bowler as well. BTW, I love the Pacer Hunt award advert with Rasel sitting in the Theater.. 'Ki Rasel Bhai Bandhobir loge boisha cinema dekhtaasen" ha ha..

cricketboy
June 7, 2007, 12:22 PM

The thread should be about Mohammad Sharif not Rasel.

Trigger_Tiger
exactly das wot da guy needs, he should be able to have a quiker ball capable of reachin 80mph

My point exactly. That being said, I hope he makes it into the test team on a regular basis if not permanently :).

sadat_04
This thread shows how absurd some of those 'why x is/is not in the squad' threads are.

This is the first time selectors has pulled in a test squad without any noticeable blunder (well, I should not say first time, but one of the few times), and we see most number of complain this time. I'm surprised, what can I say.

- u don't think dropping Tushar from Test team was a noticeable blunder ? Thats all people talked about...add to that...he was included in the ODI team..for what?
anyway...everyone is entitled to their opinion, IMO ...it was a blunder...

Trigger_Tiger
June 7, 2007, 12:23 PM
The thread should be about Mohammad Sharif not Rasel.

Ditto. But the problem is, who do we turn to as our fourth pacer shall one of the three not play due to some problem?

cricketboy
June 7, 2007, 12:25 PM
Ditto. But the problem is, who do we turn to as our fourth pacer shall one of the three not play due to some problem?

I personally think even Nazmul is better than SHarif. (if Baisya is injured).

Sumon77
June 7, 2007, 12:34 PM
Oh! Hyper chilam.....sorry :D!!!!!
no prob brother

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 12:50 PM
Don't forget how 2 chances were spilled in the field off his bowling. The poor fellow needs a bit more of pace without losing the line/length/accuracy.

you man he give 113 runs in 20 overs. that shows how bad bowler is he . their is two chances were spilled in the field because all the batsman try to get boundary in every ball .

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 12:57 PM
Rasel is in the team because he is among BD's top-4 effective pacers! And if any replacement is needed... he is simply a good-enough choice. The huge cry in your post almost implies that he is already in the playing 11. Ever heard of back-up players??

Before opening any thread please think twice whether the topic is worthy of duscussion or not. Othewise we will end up having criticism threads on each of the 15 members in the squad.
Thanks

-Mod

you dont understand nothing about test cricket . you man in the test cricket everybody need fast bowelr like who can ball atlist 85 to 90 mile , this bowl can make unsettle the batsman . but sayed rasel bowl 74 mile in his every delivery thats can face batsman very easily . he does not have no swin at all . before you say somethingh to me maksure that makes commnsense dude.

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Imtiazk;476516]Did you not watch the test match against Sri Lanka at Colombo when they were 48/4 ? You cannot pick out one test and rubbish someone.

I could equally pick out Shahadat taking 1 wicket for 257 runs in the whole series against Australia when he was supposed to be good.

By the way, I am not saying Shahadat should be dropped. But if Murtaza is taken on as a "bowling" all rounder, then we could pick Rasel as the fifth bowler. Given the propensity of our opponents to pile up huge scores against us, this would give our attack more variety and depth. Sakib's bowling cannot be taken too seriously in tests.

Of course, this also presupposes Mushfiq coming in[/QUOTE

shaddat does not play 2nd test match aginst india thats why we lose inning and 226 runs
aginst india. try to be understand in the test cricket we need fast boweler who can unsettle batsman , but sayed rasel every ball batsman facing very easily.

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 01:04 PM

you just think and thats why he give 10 overs 79 runs in world cup aginst srilanka.

Ahmed_B
June 7, 2007, 01:35 PM
you dont understand nothing about test cricket . you man in the test cricket everybody need fast bowelr like who can ball atlist 85 to 90 mile , this bowl can make unsettle the batsman . but sayed rasel bowl 74 mile in his every delivery thats can face batsman very easily . he does not have no swin at all . before you say somethingh to me maksure that makes commnsense dude.
Cool down ... cool down!
OK.. I assure you that he will not be playing Test Matches! That should make you happy. :)

BTW.. that "he does not have no swin at all" part was interesting!

Rubu
June 7, 2007, 02:32 PM
- u don't think dropping Tushar from Test team was a noticeable blunder ? No I don't.

He has an test average in single digit, and how many years he has been around again?

He is the type of player who blows every chance he is given. How many chances you want to give to a non performer like that?

Ehsan
June 7, 2007, 02:38 PM
No I don't.

He has an test average in single digit, and how many years he has been around again?

He is the type of player who blows every chance he is given. How many chances you want to give to a non performer like that?

I don't think he was talking about Alok Kapali. Tushar was simply not given enough chances to prove his worth, every other game he was chopped to make way for someone regardless of his consistent performance in domestic games and for the A team.

Instead of asking how many years he has been around, you should ask how many test has he played? The number is 4.

Tigers_eye
June 7, 2007, 02:43 PM
I don't think he was talking about Alok Kapali. Tushar was simply not given enough chances to prove his worth, every other game he was chopped to make way for someone regardless of his consistent performance in domestic games and for the A team.

Instead of asking how many years he has been around, you should ask how many test has he played? The number is 4.
:up:. Also in ODIs he never had a whole series meaning 3 games in a row. It was always 1/2 game and then drop or the last game of the series.

SS
June 7, 2007, 02:53 PM
Doesn't matter if he is playing or somebody replacing him.
We have no top class pacers (beside Mash,sometimes Rajib) to take wickets on a regular basis or trouble SL batsmen. Our pacers have to wait till the batsmen make mistakes(which rarely happens with SL batsmen).

shimul99
June 7, 2007, 02:57 PM
Rasel is a wonderful bowler. there should not be any confusion about his potential. we should keep our faith in him. we should be happy with what we have. Murtaza, Sahadat, Rasel i think we have quite good enough bowling lien for the featured upcoming tour. the good thing about this guy (rasel) is he gets a lots of variation in his bowling. even the good batting pitch like Mirpur he was even getting some bouncer from the pitch. moreover, as a midium fast bowler what else we can expect other thn bouncer and swing. I think he is the perfect selection for Bangladesh test team.

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 04:07 PM
Rasel is a wonderful bowler. there should not be any confusion about his potential. we should keep our faith in him. we should be happy with what we have. Murtaza, Sahadat, Rasel i think we have quite good enough bowling lien for the featured upcoming tour. the good thing about this guy (rasel) is he gets a lots of variation in his bowling. even the good batting pitch like Mirpur he was even getting some bouncer from the pitch. moreover, as a midium fast bowler what else we can expect other thn bouncer and swing. I think he is the perfect selection for Bangladesh test team.

we need to find more fast bowler for our national team . but i cant accept rasel and sharif in our test team. they should remove from our team and bring some new fast bowler.

Rubu
June 7, 2007, 04:11 PM
jahidus200, 'we need to find more fast bowler' has nothing to do with 'why rasel is in the team'. When you are asking to replace rasel, you wanna name a few who worth it?

SideWinder
June 7, 2007, 04:13 PM
rasel has grown on me..i used to think he lookd like peter pettigrew from harry potter, and hence, i found that a reason; then, his slow pace and his rubbish action; now, i like him. after mortaza our best bowler; after razzq our most economical.

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 04:21 PM
I dont think there's anything wrong with Rasel being on the team ... every bowler has his bad days.

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 04:30 PM
I dont think there's anything wrong with Rasel being on the team ... every bowler has his bad days.

you man rasel does not have good day in test cricket he is always expensive in test cricket. i know he had 4 wickets aginst srilanka but he gives more than 150 runs.

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 04:32 PM
rasel has grown on me..i used to think he lookd like peter pettigrew from harry potter, and hence, i found that a reason; then, his slow pace and his rubbish action; now, i like him. after mortaza our best bowler; after razzq our most economical.

you may be never watch cricket thats why you wrote like this . use your commonsense . then wrote like this

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 04:33 PM
jahidus200, 'we need to find more fast bowler' has nothing to do with 'why rasel is in the team'. When you are asking to replace rasel, you wanna name a few who worth it?

what are you talikng about . you may be dont understand what the hell i mean

Pundit
June 7, 2007, 04:34 PM

Only to let you with an opportunity to open another thread.

Pundit
June 7, 2007, 04:36 PM
we need to find more fast bowler for our national team . but i cant accept rasel and sharif in our test team. they should remove from our team and bring some new fast bowler.

Yes, a street urchin who went by "Kadu" played cricket for us once. He was already really fast then. I wonder who dares to select the likes of Rassel before considering him?

Rubu
June 7, 2007, 05:43 PM
you may be dont understand what the hell i mean
This is one line in this entire thread that you got right.

I really don't.

Farhad
June 7, 2007, 07:41 PM

I really don't.

:lol:Spot on!

IanW
June 7, 2007, 07:56 PM
Because he is a darn good medium-pace swing bowler. He is accurate, and when the conditions favour him, he can be unplayable.

That said, conditions in the subcontinent do not favour swing ... but if it's a choice between him and anyone not named Masrafee or Shahadat, I want him as the Tiger's third pace bowler.

Ian Whitchurch

layperson
June 7, 2007, 08:02 PM
I agree somewhat to the thread opener. Rasel being in the team in the subcontinent is laughable. He is only useful in ODI's and in Test matches when we are playing in seaming conditions. Sri lanka does not provide seaming conditions. If we are to take a third pacer I think Tapash would do a better job or maybe try some new fast bowler who has potential.

Protic
June 7, 2007, 09:50 PM
Because he had good records in Sri Lanka..last time we toured Sri Lanka.. Him & Shahadat bowled very well.

scoilaheez
June 7, 2007, 09:53 PM
Rasel is useless in the test team. Shahadat is way better for the tests.

Protic
June 7, 2007, 09:56 PM
Dont just say that man..because Shahadat bowled very well against India..
Rasel was very effective against Sri Lanka at Sri Lanka..last time.

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 10:44 PM

I really don't.

Ditto.

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 10:45 PM
you man rasel does not have good day in test cricket he is always expensive in test cricket. i know he had 4 wickets aginst srilanka but he gives more than 150 runs.

well jahid bhai, *sighs* i guess you will just have to take this to the BCB office now.

Electrequiem
June 7, 2007, 10:47 PM
Yes, a street urchin who went by "Kadu" played cricket for us once. He was already really fast then. I wonder who dares to select the likes of Rassel before considering him?

Exactly. I say, bring this "Kadu" to the team. He will make the Sri Lankan's look like "Lau."

BANFAN
June 7, 2007, 11:01 PM
Rasel may not be a great pacer, but he is performing well in most of the matches even with his limited pace. He is bowling inteligently and seems to know his limitations. Who was not beaten in the india test at mirpur!! 4 centuries.

If he is a economic one day bowler, at least if he can contain the runs at one end, that will help the other strike bowlers to some extent.

At the moment there is no suitable alternative of Russel, as the third seamer.

amethyst
June 7, 2007, 11:04 PM
ok, i know this is totally off-topic here, but couldn't find any relevant thread to ask this:

how accurate are the stats in banglacricket? are they frequently updated, i mean at least after a few matches? how much can i trust the stats that are here in bc?

thanks, and sorry for being off-topic. :$

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 11:23 PM
Rasel is useless in the test team. Shahadat is way better for the tests.

you are right man

jahidus200
June 7, 2007, 11:32 PM

I really don't.

yes i understand you can wrote english better then me , but dont wrote like this without watch cricket . first learn and watch then blame somebody. you dont know nothing about cricket thats why you said sayed is wonderful bowler.

Tintin
June 7, 2007, 11:44 PM
ok, i know this is totally off-topic here, but couldn't find any relevant thread to ask this:

how accurate are the stats in banglacricket? are they frequently updated, i mean at least after a few matches? how much can i trust the stats that are here in bc?

thanks, and sorry for being off-topic. :$

Which stats do you mean ? If it is the Stats link at the top of the page (http://www.banglacricket.com/Averages/ ), no, they have not been updated for quite some time. They are out of date by one or two years. Only the links that lead to cricinfo are upto date. The stats in the player pages were also last updated when the article was created.

Sohel
June 7, 2007, 11:49 PM
:up:. Also in ODIs he never had a whole series meaning 3 games in a row. It was always 1/2 game and then drop or the last game of the series.

another key point.

Sohel
June 7, 2007, 11:52 PM

hit the nail right on the head.

Sohel
June 7, 2007, 11:53 PM
Because he is a darn good medium-pace swing bowler. He is accurate, and when the conditions favour him, he can be unplayable.

That said, conditions in the subcontinent do not favour swing ... but if it's a choice between him and anyone not named Masrafee or Shahadat, I want him as the Tiger's third pace bowler.

Ian Whitchurch

... and period.

karimjay.
June 8, 2007, 01:56 AM
Why all these long answers? He's there for backup. He won't play unless the selectors are trashed.

Ahmed_B
June 8, 2007, 03:29 AM
you dont understand nothing about test cricket ...before you say somethingh to me maksure that makes commnsense dude.

you may be never watch cricket thats why you wrote like this .

dont wrote like this without watch cricket . first learn and watch then blame somebody. you dont know nothing about cricket thats why you said sayed is wonderful bowler.

jahidus200,
Enough of fighting now. As everybody here has explained here, Rasel is the 3rd best pacer that BD have and he is not considered as a regular Test Bowler but rather as a back-up bowler...incase Mash/Rajib are unable to play for somer reason. Now either you come up with stronger logics and stats... or you show up with another pacer for the Team.

But, in no way, you can continue making attacking posts like this to other members without understanding the fact :He is a backup and he deserves to be one!.

If this "yo maan... yo don undastan cricket" keeps going on... I will close this thread.

Sumon77
June 8, 2007, 07:34 AM
jahidus200,
Enough of fighting now. As everybody here has explained here, Rasel is the 3rd best pacer that BD have and he is not considered as a regular Test Bowler but rather as a back-up bowler...incase Mash/Rajib are unable to play for somer reason. Now either you come up with stronger logics and stats... or you show up with another pacer for the Team.

But, in no way, you can continue making attacking posts like this to other members without understanding the fact :He is a backup and he deserves to be one!.

If this "yo maan... yo don undastan cricket" keeps going on... I will close this thread.

hahahaaa....... kothin jhari khaise Jahidus bechara.. :lol: eibar shoja hoye jabe

Imtiazk
June 8, 2007, 04:42 PM
You know pace is not everything . Vaas has no pace. Nowadays Pollock hardly has pace. Never was express anyway.

I am not sure how fast Fazal and Bedser were. Rasel is a very good bowler who mixes up his deliveries excellently. I would take him anytime.

Nafi
June 8, 2007, 04:47 PM
Vaas had pace in the past.

kalpurush
June 8, 2007, 04:48 PM
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/images/icons/icon1.gif Why is Syed Rasel in our test team?

Just a replacement of you!:D

reyme
June 8, 2007, 06:22 PM

Ahh! Classic post! Are you a writer, Guru?
If yes, bring it on!

habfreak
June 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
People love shahadat and no one ever questions his inclusion. Beside uncontrolled speed, what does he have that Rasel does not? the reality is he has a awesome bowling record against SL who has a lot of left handed batsman. He should get the nod ahead of shahadat even in the 11.
Passion, aggression, ability to intimidate batsmen and yeah..did I forget the best hairstyle in cricket?:-p

Rubu
June 8, 2007, 07:18 PM

Instead of asking how many years he has been around, you should ask how many test has he played? The number is 4.My Initial post was about Tushar.

layperson
June 8, 2007, 07:34 PM
Passion, aggression, ability to intimidate batsmen and yeah..did I forget the best hairstyle in cricket?:-p

You seem to be in louuwe with his hairstyle :-p

habfreak
June 9, 2007, 12:29 PM
hey..I had this hairstyle even before I saw Rajib:-p...infact i remember taking a picture of Shanto to the hairdresser after that 97 ICC win.:floor:

jahidus200
June 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
Ahh! Classic post! Are you a writer, Guru?
If yes, bring it on!

i know their is somethings with my writting , [..edit..]

rah
June 9, 2007, 03:56 PM
one day im gonna go to a barbers shop in bangladesh i am gonna ask for `rajib` hair cut
lol

IanW
June 11, 2007, 12:25 AM
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/images/icons/icon1.gif Why is Syed Rasel in our test team?

Just a replacement of you!:D

Nahh. It's to annoy half-educated fans who think raw pace is everything.

Ian Whitchurch

Rifat
December 16, 2007, 05:57 PM
tch... tch.... tch... SHAME ON THE FANS!!!

(i hope i do not get banned for repetitive pinpointing of negative fan attitude).

i prefer a bowler who takes two to three wickets every innings than a hit and miss bowler who takes 4 wickets one day and no wickets the next day.

in the end he ended up playing for main XI and took four wickets...:) i love rasel!

kalpurush
December 17, 2007, 12:19 AM
[বাংলা]ভাইজান...আপনার রাগ কি রাসেল এর উপর থেকে এখনও পরে নাই? [/বাংলা]...lets pray for him...we will think about Test later.:)

abu2abu
December 17, 2007, 08:26 AM
Syed rasel is effecive and economical. He's not fazed with performing on the big stage, something that comes from taking wickets in ODIs such as that of adam Gilchrist. In any case he's miles better than Tapash Baisya....

bdchamp20
December 17, 2007, 12:56 PM
Rasel's in our test team because he is the best pacer in the country, his consistently perfect line and length frustrates batsmen and forces them to make mistake just like in SL. In SL he wasnt selected for the 1st match but in the next two matches he was BD's only decent bowler!

tiger_omar
December 17, 2007, 01:06 PM
Rasel's in our test team because he is the best pacer in the country, his consistently perfect line and length frustrates batsmen and forces them to make mistake just like in SL. In SL he wasnt selected for the 1st match but in the next two matches he was BD's only decent bowler!

Can’t say I disagree with your points there. Rasel is not only consistent in his line and length but he is also our most consistent bowler, period. We see Mashrafe have some good games but then have few poor ones right after. So Rasel is definatly a big loss in this New Zealand tour with the seam friendly pitches, and the rest of the quicks better step up or we will be in trouble.

Game On
December 22, 2007, 07:13 PM
Thanks God as he's injured . There's no place for slow left arm in NZ condition :) ...........

BD Tigers
December 22, 2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks God as he's injured . There's no place for slow left arm in NZ condition :) ...........

I will be thanking GOD if the moderators ban u from this site. u r no fan of BD team.:wave:

Rifat
December 22, 2007, 07:44 PM

booooooooo :(, the game itself on more than occasionlly defies logic and common sense.

Rifat
December 22, 2007, 07:45 PM
I will be thanking GOD if the moderators ban u from this site. u r no fan of BD team.:wave:

spot on!

Game On
December 22, 2007, 07:46 PM
booooooooo :(, the game itself on more than occasionlly defies logic and common sense.

Give us some links for today's match !!!!!!!!!

Antora
December 22, 2007, 09:55 PM

thank god hes injured? how can you say something like that? all your bashing makes me ask.. are you a bangladeshi? if you are then why are you so negative about bangladesh and its players?

Game On
December 22, 2007, 10:00 PM
Rasel will pick more wickets if he becomes a slow left-arm bowlers when "Micky Arthur" already said ; He's the first bowler he has seen who is getting wickets by the lack of pace after they lost the match against Bangladesh in the world cup .

One World
December 22, 2007, 10:04 PM
Nahh. It's to annoy half-educated fans who think raw pace is everything.

Ian Whitchurch

The bolded letters mutate everytime I look at them to a 6 letter member name with a space between who has posted a number of negative one liners in this thread (no hurt feelings - need eye checking)

bdchamp20
December 23, 2007, 02:54 PM
How can u say that being a BD fan? Anyway..if pace is everything in NZ pitches why isnt Mashrafe getting wickets? Rasel's injury is a huge blow to Bangladesh and especially since his replacement Sajidul is getting hit around the park against domestic sides, God knows what will happen to him when we play NZ. It was a bad move to send the un-capped youngster in such an important tour to make his debut. The selectors should've chosen someone experienced like Baisya, Talha Jubair or Tarek Aziz. I hope Rasel is fit to play the tests.

Game On
December 23, 2007, 04:23 PM
How can u say that being a BD fan? Anyway..if pace is everything in NZ pitches why isnt Mashrafe getting wickets? Rasel's injury is a huge blow to Bangladesh and especially since his replacement Sajidul is getting hit around the park against domestic sides, God knows what will happen to him when we play NZ. It was a bad move to send the un-capped youngster in such an important tour to make his debut. The selectors should've chosen someone experienced like Baisya, Talha Jubair or Tarek Aziz. I hope Rasel is fit to play the tests.

Mashrafe has gone slow , can't perform anymore , Look at Shahdat , pace is everything in this condition for sure .

Ahmed_B
December 24, 2007, 02:14 AM
Mashrafe has gone slow , can't perform anymore , Look at Shahdat , pace is everything in this condition for sure .

To Game On,
Its probably time you start pulling yourself back a little bit. You are probably having some difficulties following BD cricket and suppporting its players. But what you can't ignore.. is that this is a BD-fans forum and your negetivism is not what this place is for.

I hope this gives you enough hints about what you are stepping on. And if, by any chance, you are doing all these on purpose... then, just to let you know, we will do everything possible to get cleaner Match threads/Forum in the Coming BD-NZ matches.

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 02:23 AM
Give us some links for today's match !!!!!!!!!

i do not give link to losers...

Game On
December 24, 2007, 02:31 AM
i do not give link to losers...

Who did you call loser again ? Did I do any harm to you or others , if I would have , then sorry for that .

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 02:35 AM
Who did you call loser again ? Did I do any harm to you or others , if I would have , then sorry for that .

the reasons why people like me hate you:

1. You are unnecessarily calling names to our players.

2. you keep changing sides(change to winning side). in bangla "Subidhabadi Party"

3. you are just simply annoying people by acting arrogantly.

we have no disrespect for people who doesn't support/like our team but we have disrespect for people who insults them by just showing off... a very dangerous thing to do in a public forum... trust me, i know! i showed off here to get attention when i first came here and the results wern't great!
i didn't want to be harsh... but it is truth!

Kabir
December 24, 2007, 02:43 AM

So, you've got your attention. This time, from Ahmed bhai. Good luck dealing with that.

But before you're gone from this site...let me just tell you this. Thank God that you're not in front of me. Coz any cricket fan (be it for NZ or other $hit) wishing a cricketer bad luck by saying thank God that he's injured only gets one thing - wishes from the other fans that you have the same fate.

Mr. Troll...speak with some sense next time. There are other, and much better, ways of seeking attention.

Ahmed_B
December 24, 2007, 02:54 AM
Rifat and others..
Pls stop the arguements... its better to stick to the thread-topic. If anyone makes an offensive post... just report it to the mods and let them do the job. Personally attacking fights are not pleasent to read in any thread/forum.

Thanks
-Mod