PDA

View Full Version : Our best possible Test squad!

sonarbangla
June 7, 2007, 07:57 AM
:doh: well i think this would be our best possible test squad, even though tushar wasn't picked up for the test! mm..

1. Javed Omar
2. Rajin Saleh
3. Mohammad Ashraful
4. Tushar Imran (Not Picked for the SL tour), Hence, Mehrab Hossain/Habibul Bashar
5. Sakibul Hassan
6. Mushfiq Rahim
7. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
8. Mohammed Rafique
9. Abdul Razzak Raj
10. Enamul Haq Jr. (Not on the team), hence, Mohammad Sharif
11. Shahadat Hossain
12. Khaled Mashud (If mushfiq is injured)

But I think we should make 3 top spiners play in the test match, as we shouldn't take risk with mashrafee. We can't make him bowl more than 5/6 overs in one spell. It could be then split up btw the spinners.. No? :ticking: The bold names are must.. if I were the selector I would have pick them instead atleast for the first test match..

** Note: I think Habibul Bashar is in much better form than Nafeese. Don't you think so? :onethephone:

Rabz
June 7, 2007, 09:14 AM
Mate, first of all, why pick a team with players who are not included in the first place??

I know u mentioned "would be"... but no point talking about "would", "could", "but" and "if".

Get down to the point of "what is".

Secondly,
I just mentioned this earlier on some other thread, can we all do a raincheck on our "playing xi" "my eleven" "possible squad" threads...
this is probably the second or third thread of this kind in about a week.

Just hold on to your guns atleast till the day before the game starts..
then we all can scream our lungs out about the possible XI.
Thanks.

Anher
June 7, 2007, 09:37 AM
Sonar bangla attach a poll in your thread including all playeres who has possiblity to include in test squad. Then we will know whats the fan's squad should have been beacause certainly a vast majority of BC fans are not happy with our selected test team. Then your thread would look a different than other same thread.

here is a list of player i would like to add in your poll...obviously you could add more

Ashraful, masrafee, bashar, Shariar nafees, javed omar, rajin saleh, sakibul, shariff, alok kapali (for his brillian performance in NCL), musfiq, rafique, enamul, shahadat, khaled masud, syed rasel, razzak, tushar imran...

Ehsan
June 7, 2007, 09:53 AM
Too many spinners. I will take out either Razzak or Enamul, and replace him with Tapash Baisya for the Test XI. No harm in keeping both the spinners in the squad though.

Rubu
June 7, 2007, 10:50 AM
For SL tour, this is what I'd have. Selectors might still play SN, but I'd let him seat out for this series. That kid need some time to get himself back.

1. JO (Love it hate it, he is still in my test team, but not my ODI team, I must add)
2. Mehrab Jr (At the absence of SN, our best option)
3. Rajin Saleh (Looks like he is in best form for test, so important 1 down position)
4. HaBa (As much as I hated his captaincy and his ODI batting, he is still the best in test batting)
5. Ashraful (the man on his day)
6. Shakib (I want to see soccer20reverse not getting married in his life)
7. Mushy (his keeping may be 80% of pilot, his batting is 550% of pilot)
8. Mashrafee
9. Rafique
10.Shahadat
11. Rasel

We have Rajin's and Shakib's parttime spin, so, I'd let Razzaq slip out because we need some pace to have a chance against SL

Tigers_eye
June 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
For SL tour, this is what I'd have. Selectors might still play SN, but I'd let him seat out for this series. That kid need some time to get himself back.

1. JO (Love it hate it, he is still in my test team, but not my ODI team, I must add)
3. Rajin Saleh (Looks like he is in best form for test, so important 1 down position)
4. HaBa (As much as I hated his captaincy and his ODI batting, he is still the best in test batting)
8. Mashrafee
9. Rafique
10.Shahadat
11. Rasel

We have Rajin's and Shakib's parttime spin, so, I'd let Razzaq slip out because we need some pace to have a chance against SL
Good lineup. But I think the selectors would not have this. #7 would be Pilot. I didn't keep HB in my Indian tour games so no way he would make my team for the SL tour. But again the selectors would chose him.

A three test series allows a team to make necessary adjustment in the second test because the series is still alive even if test #1 ends up with a heavy defeat (Australia vs India - 2004). That is the beauty.

Ajfar
June 7, 2007, 11:18 AM
why u pplz keep asking for JO in the Test team...i understand he plays all defensive n slow...which is the right mentality for Test..but he's got no technic what so ever...he only knws few cricket shots out of the book..

sonarbangla
June 7, 2007, 11:35 AM
Mate, first of all, why pick a team with players who are not included in the first place??

I know u mentioned "would be"... but no point talking about "would", "could", "but" and "if".

Get down to the point of "what is".

Secondly,
I just mentioned this earlier on some other thread, can we all do a raincheck on our "playing xi" "my eleven" "possible squad" threads...
this is probably the second or third thread of this kind in about a week.

Just hold on to your guns atleast till the day before the game starts..
then we all can scream our lungs out about the possible XI.
Thanks.

:-D never mind bro, but we expect you to read the replies before you say something.. or else it just looks kinda stupid. in my post, i said tht would be our best possible, however, at the same time i wrote in bracket tht since this person is not here, we can choose this person instead. hehe.. and as for the previous topic, i am sorry. :) i didn't see any topics regarding to this on the first page :callme: so chill

mm.. neways, :-| do u guys really this russel should be on the test team?! cause his bowling is not effective atall after first few overs, when the pitch starts to act like desi.. no?

Farhad
June 7, 2007, 11:38 AM
why u pplz keep asking for JO in the Test team...i understand he plays all defensive n slow...which is the right mentality for Test..but he's got no technic what so ever...he only knws few cricket shots out of the book..

He still gets the results...

FagunerAgun
June 7, 2007, 12:02 PM

8. Mashrafee
9. Rafique
10.Shahadat
11. Rasel

I agree, spin, pace and batting are in full potential. Now God bless the selectors and then the team to perform in their full potential. :flag:

rah
June 7, 2007, 12:09 PM
bruv u shoukd of put a poll in dis thread