PDA

View Full Version : SL Govt. offers high security to the Tigers in response to BD Govt’s security concerns

Ahmed_B
June 7, 2007, 01:23 PM
Bangladesh advises officials to avoid Colombo airport on security reasons

Dhaka, June 4 (ANI): Bangladesh has advised its officials to avoid either any visit to Sri Lanka or use Colombo as a stop-over while travelling, as violence escalated past months in the island nation.….

Bangladesh's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a circular said that the government feels that Colombo airport is still under threat by the LTTE. It advised all the officials to avoid that airport unless there were "very important" bilateral, regional or international conferences.….

Although there has been a ban on the officials' travel, Bangladesh cricket authorities said its team would leave for Colombo on the second week of June on a five-week tour to play three tests and three one-day matches with the Sri Lanka cricket team.

Mahmudur Rahman, chief executive officer of Bangladesh Cricket Board, said that the Board contacted Cricket Sri Lanka, the regulatory body of Sri Lankan cricket, informing it of the security concern of the Bangladesh government.

Mahmudur told reporters that Cricket Sri Lanka had assured fool-poof security for the Bangladesh team during the visit.

"Sri Lanka has confirmed state-level security for our cricket team during the visit," said Mahmudur, who is hoping to visit the island on schedule...
Full report from Yahoo news (http://in.news.yahoo.com/070604/139/6gn7c.html)

More Yahoo News: Sri Lanka offers security guarantees to Bangladesh-AFP (http://au.news.yahoo.com/070605/19/13o1o.html)

sandpiper
June 7, 2007, 01:32 PM
glad to know they are giving state-level security, lets hope the series goes without any hazard :waiting:

gatekeeper
June 7, 2007, 02:05 PM
Security concerns in Sri Lanka are very real concerns. Its not like the hissy fits Indian board is prone to every time they visit BD.

damalChele
June 7, 2007, 02:29 PM
it should be fun at the airport. tamil tigers will greet our young tigers. :lol:

Tigers_eye
June 7, 2007, 02:31 PM
Our players shouldn't be under any threat. They don't have fair skins like the SAans. They can mingle with the crowd with ease. Hoping an incident free tour and a safe return.

Farhad
June 7, 2007, 02:35 PM
Good to hear theyll be getting "fool-proof" security...

bulbul_fan
June 7, 2007, 02:46 PM
it should be fun at the airport. tamil tigers will greet our young tigers. :lol:

lolzzz..gud 1!!!

ialbd
June 7, 2007, 03:36 PM
good to hear....

yea hopefully no one in SL confuses the 'tigers' and ambush bangladesh cricket team at some point.... (oh no wait I think its the other way round, the tigers do the ambush attacks in SL)

Russell2k7
June 7, 2007, 04:39 PM
I highly doubt they want to attack foreign players.

Nafi
June 7, 2007, 05:02 PM
Our players shouldn't be under any threat. They don't have fair skins like the SAans.

lucky our players have been in the sun.

oracle
June 7, 2007, 09:37 PM
They will have no problems. Don't forget that even with this war SL manages to attract way more euro crowds to its beaches than BD.

Rabz
June 7, 2007, 10:49 PM
Hope there will no major drama.
We have a very good relation with SL and even LTTE knows that.
They also dont have anything against us.
Guess our players wont be under any threats.
Plus, we are also non-white, so no reason to worry about.

Electrequiem
June 8, 2007, 12:40 AM
Good to see the security being stepped up ... best of luck to the tigers (bangladeshi tigers, of course)

indfan82
June 8, 2007, 01:33 AM
Security concerns in Sri Lanka are very real concerns. Its not like the hissy fits Indian board is prone to every time they visit BD.
yea right bangladesh is the safest place on earth [edit].......

Ahmed_B
June 8, 2007, 02:39 AM
Hope there will no major drama.
I also hope and think so... because all these security threats and assurances from the home team in reaponse have become pretty much like formalities these days.

Antora
June 8, 2007, 02:42 AM
good to know bd is getting ome good security. Anyway is that the first time we're getting good security?

worldofad
June 8, 2007, 03:13 AM
Yea maybe the Tamil Tigers will consider our young Tigers as friends but what happens when our young tigers defeat the srilankans very badly...LOL

Will the Tamil Tigers attack the BD players in that case? I'm sure the players are wondering what to do...LOL

Nafi
June 8, 2007, 04:23 AM
yea right bangladesh is the safest place on earth [edit].......

[edit]and at the moment Bangladesh is the most stable its ever been, so yes its a fact that Indian Board throws hissy fits.

istiak
June 8, 2007, 04:58 AM
Our players shouldn't be under any threat. They don't have fair skins like the SAans. They can mingle with the crowd with ease. Hoping an incident free tour and a safe return.

On contrary this could be dangarous as we are very similar face and look. Killing is real indiscriminate in SL and please don't mingle with crowd.

Hope for a trouble free trour.

MysoreHuli
June 8, 2007, 06:45 AM
BD - safest place... [edit]

Sohel
June 8, 2007, 07:05 AM
BD - safest place... [edit]....

come and see for yourself, unless you prefer your opinions to be herded by the indian media's highly dubious coverage of bangladesh ... then again, being a gullible little cog in the ignorance machine is certainly the "safer" choice.

expected more from you MysoreHuli ... those paneer and potato dosas must have gotten the better of me, again.

indfan82
June 8, 2007, 07:24 AM
[edit]and at the moment Bangladesh is the most stable its ever been, so yes its a fact that Indian Board throws hissy fits.
[edit]i know my India is far from perfect. It is corrupt it is poor ...but i dont keep on claiming its better than other countries when its clearly not....

ps. apologies to the thread opener for hijacking this thread

Ahmed_B
June 8, 2007, 10:30 AM
dude before blasting about other countries please try to look at the situation your own country.
indiafan82,
you probably failed to realize how genuinly surprising it was when India expressed security concerns while coming to BD during last month. Because, incase you have no idea, Bangladesh is curretnly enjoying the HIGHEST LEVEL of security and law-order-situation in history. The country is currently monitored by the Combined Defence Forces and a joint massive operation on crime is ongoing for the last 6 months. That practically has worked like a miracle!

What our member gatekeeper pointed out here...was that exactly that -The security concerns expressed by Indian Board was absolutely unnecessary.. because on a state level, Indian Intelligence surely know about current BD situations... even if commoners (like you for example) may not.

However... I can see you instantly taking his comments on a personal level and then started posting distorted comments... as if someone has already attacked Indian crime-situations. Has anyone? Or was he simply criticizing Indian view of BD situations?

To both BD and Indian fans: Requesting not to turn this thread into another BD-IND warzone.

-Mod

indfan82
June 8, 2007, 10:52 AM
indiafan82,
you probably failed to realize how genuinly surprising it was when India expressed security concerns while coming to BD during last month. Because, incase you have no idea, Bangladesh is curretnly enjoying the HIGHEST LEVEL of security and law-order-situation in history. The country is currently monitored by the Combined Defence Forces and a joint massive operation on crime is ongoing for the last 6 months. That practically has worked like a miracle!

What our member gatekeeper pointed out here...was that exactly that -The security concerns expressed by Indian Board was absolutely unnecessary.. because on a state level, Indian Intelligence surely know about current BD situations... even if commoners (like you for example) may not.

However... I can see you instantly taking his comments on a personal level and then started posting distorted comments... as if someone has already attacked Indian crime-situations. Has anyone? Or was he simply criticizing Indian view of BD situations?

To both BD and Indian fans: Requesting not to turn this thread into another BD-IND warzone.

-Mod
lets say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.... no hard feelings ... when i see people ind bashing for any silly reason it gets to you..... anyways
I am out of this thread ...peace:wave:

gatekeeper
June 8, 2007, 10:58 AM
[..edit..]

gatekeeper
June 8, 2007, 11:02 AM
lets say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.... no hard feelings ... when i see people ind bashing for any silly reason it gets to you..... anyways
I am out of this thread ...peace:wave:

It is absolutely OK for any board/govt. to look out for it's cricketer's, in fact it is their job. But to invent problems is what I object to.

indfan82
June 8, 2007, 11:15 AM
It is absolutely OK for any board/govt. to look out for it's cricketer's, in fact it is their job. But to invent problems is what I object to. peace dude ... no hard feelings .
but go chk out slcricket forums whenever u get the time.. they are cribbing abt it bcoz they feel it is unecessary.