PDA

View Full Version : SN Trying Very Hard to Get His Form Back

BD-Shardul
June 8, 2007, 09:08 AM
According to Prothom Alo, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, the best opener of Bangladesh, is working very very hard to get his form back.

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDM0OTA=&mid=OA==

Smart player like SN knows that industry is the key to success. His hardwork will pay him back, hopefully in the SL series.

GO SN GO. TAME THE LIONS. MAKE US PROUD AGAIN.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5549/nafeesrn1.png

SS
June 8, 2007, 09:17 AM
Great to hear working hard, which will be key to the success for all. But lions work harder than tigers.
It's too late for him to start 'working hard' before the SL series. His techniques needed to be corrected in the worldcup when his footwork was not good and also he was having problem facing balls away swing movement.

sadi
June 8, 2007, 09:22 AM
I hope it works out for SN. He is too good of a batsman to miss out for so long.

capslock
June 8, 2007, 09:31 AM
Really like this kid's attitude, there's no bitterness, no pride, and certainly no self-pity. He could have been a good captain as well. I am sure he will come back strong, you don't score 3/4 centuries in a year by fluke.

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2007, 09:39 AM
confidence is sexy.

Be an example. That is what i need to say to him.

shuzon
June 8, 2007, 09:41 AM
workin hard isnt enough.. he seriously gotta score some runs this time

cricket_pagol
June 8, 2007, 09:44 AM
SN will score a lot of runs during the SL series...

betaar
June 8, 2007, 09:45 AM
you don't score 3/4 centuries in a year by fluke.

Yes, you are correct, however, you score 3-4 centuries if you play the teams like Zim and Kenya who are at their lowest ebb.

Having said that, I trully appreciate and encourage his attitude toward the game, there's no short cut in life and the sooner a player like him understands that is better for Bangladesh.

Mike
June 8, 2007, 09:59 AM
It is nice to see a confident, hardworking, and positive person in BD team. I have no doubt that he will be one of key players in the team. However, I am so upset, because he does not have a good helping hand to improve his techniques. If he is an Australian then he will be not be alone in the field.

Sohel
June 8, 2007, 10:03 AM
i hope he succeeds, we can't afford to lose another opener after the MH opi episode.

Carte Blanche
June 8, 2007, 10:25 AM

capslock
June 8, 2007, 10:59 AM
Yes, you are correct, however, you score 3-4 centuries if you play the teams like Zim and Kenya who are at their lowest ebb.

Having said that, I trully appreciate and encourage his attitude toward the game, there's no short cut in life and the sooner a player like him understands that is better for Bangladesh.

Yes, but he was usually opening with one other person, and I don't think they had the same stats as him.

Sadz
June 8, 2007, 11:03 AM
I hope his hard work pays off in the matches against Sri Lanka. I have a feeling his time has come to prove his critics wrong about his current poor form. Maybe he can stop giving away wickets too early in the game and stay at the crease for longer, well i hope he does.

Nafi
June 8, 2007, 11:52 AM
Anyone nice enough to post an english summary.

Farhad
June 8, 2007, 11:56 AM
Truly appreciate his attitude to the game. That being said, I dont think form is something you can force to come back, I think its something that comes back on its own...

rah
June 8, 2007, 12:09 PM

Protic
June 8, 2007, 01:07 PM
I just hope and pray that he gets back to his form.
:)

sar2005
June 8, 2007, 01:31 PM

so you think it was only Abir who played against zim and kenya? What happened to your outher players?? Why did not they get 1 or 2 centuries?? Or they don't like to score centuries against week teams :confused:

Shafin
June 8, 2007, 01:53 PM
Hope his form will be as good as his attitude.

Ahmed_B
June 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
Good news! We need him back in form soon..

Ehsan
June 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
Good luck SN! Hardwork never goes to waste, it will pay off.

Rumz_01
June 8, 2007, 02:02 PM
aww...bless him
best of luck SN...we will 'thrash' SL

damalChele
June 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
there was a thread about SN's source of inspiration for success, his wife. if he's out of form i'd advise him to get married again. he'd double his sources.

Sovik
June 8, 2007, 02:05 PM
we also need him to get his form back

One World
June 8, 2007, 02:57 PM
Dr Naf.
The best solution for you would be trying to read some english web news papers from BD. You can try e-mela.com/news and pick some of the popular newspapers

Electrequiem
June 8, 2007, 03:06 PM
good to see SN is working hard ... but I will reserve the Kudos for him when he returns as the SN he truly is.

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2007, 03:10 PM
Anyone nice enough to post an english summary.
Debobrotho: (translation)
Everyone else were enjoying the time off. Some at the villages, some at their homes (city). slapping a bag on his shoulder he arrived at the Mirpur Indoor stadium.

Turning on the bowling machine relentless hours of batting started. sweating like hell, the indoor mat dampened. Tiredness creeping in, body almost revolting. Still he continues. He has a tough fight ahead, he has make some runs. Runs are the only answer for Shariar Nafees.

2006 prothom alo best sportsman of the year Shariar Nafees can speak with great logic. That's why clear logic of working hard on a break wasn't unknown to him, "The day Hayden scored his 1st WC century he had practiced over two and a half hour before going in. Hard work will pay off." To get that reward, right after the Indian series ended he started his training. He is not only working hard but he in a process he is rediscovering himself and finding his weaknesses and analyzing them. This has helped him understand some issues. Mistakes were being made in some places, Every thing has an explanation. "I am coming and going in the crease. This can be explained in two ways. One, Ah! It's my bad luck! But the way I want to see it is I made another mistake today."

He discovered his own mistakes. Solution? That is also known to him. He didn't had ask help from others. He doesn't like asking help too much. But he could not help but ask help from a person. Coach Nazmul Abedin Fahim. Shariar's "Fahim Bhai". Big or small, for any kind of problem of Shahriar's call is made to Fahim. In this break also what mistakes were being made while batting, how the mistakes are being made; Shahriar ran to Fahim to double check.

This fight to the finish is all for to get back in to runs. But why it should be like this? Last year, who's bat was full of runs, why would his bat would not get runs? The sudden change of the world makes Shahriar lonely(oshohai)? Not at all. "This could have happened much earlier. Almost every batsmen in the world in the beginning of their career, at times, had to face the same situation. I am blessed that I had a run of year and a half. The answer matches the gratious, eyepoping, marvelous, beautiful (added few lol) as an inform Shahriar.

This fight is bring back the runs towards his direction. Battings action is coming back, He can feel it in the nets. But he has to convert this in to runs. he has to come back in the one day squad. Replacing Javed Omar or Tamim Iqbal. This challenge has made his fate firm. He don't have much belief in fate. That's why this is another platform of his continued fight "this is very good for me. Once I comeback I would coming back after winning all these fights. I don't want to play single day just by using my name."

When will be that return? The Answer was ready, "It may very well be in this Sri Lanka series. May be in two months. could be after two years. But I will get in to runs."

+++++
Sorry, could not translate the way I would have liked but for the time being this is the best I could do.

Rajowana
June 8, 2007, 03:10 PM
awww it's nice to see him trying.

MohammedC
June 8, 2007, 03:13 PM
Good luck SN. Now lets hit some ton to wipe all the bad memory of past few month.

rah
June 8, 2007, 03:15 PM
da guy is trying, and das nice to see hopefully he will score heavily in da upcoming series

ammark
June 8, 2007, 04:59 PM
Excellent attitude. Really good to see. Reminds me of how RM described Enam Jr.

Farhad
June 8, 2007, 05:43 PM
Great Work T_E....

ialbd
June 8, 2007, 05:54 PM
good to hear, waiting for his come back for a long time....

SN-Tamim opening is part of 'Dream Team Bangladesh'

catstrophy
June 8, 2007, 09:56 PM
hey guys..I guarantee SN will get a century in this SL tour, mark my words...inshallah.

Mahir
June 8, 2007, 10:14 PM
Good stuff SN. Work away... rectify that footwork of yours (tendency to stay stuck on the crease and go on the back foot) He will be bak, not as a minnow-basher, but as a dominant opener alongside Tamim, to dominate the top dogs. Got my full confidence in him. Its a matter of time really. McInnes' pet has valid reasons to be so :)

GuruTM
June 8, 2007, 10:57 PM
Like someone said before, hard work is not enough, he need to convert it to runs. Srilanka would be a tough contest for him. It will make him or break him. As far as i can understand he needs some exercise with his arm muscles.

Antora
June 8, 2007, 11:03 PM
"fastabol thnkz to allah" lol for making sn realise his out of form......
but its tooooooooooooo late now!!!!!! gosh sn...

amra_korbo_joy
June 8, 2007, 11:54 PM
Test is not the place to get the form back because price of of a wicket too much to bear. It is the domestic cricket where a player can do 'test and trial' to get the form. Even jaysuriya, Ganguly were out when they were out of from. It is the st...pid Farooq who is taking these stupid decision to include him in the test to make SN's life difficult and our life miserable.

Ish
June 9, 2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the translation T_E

Protic
June 9, 2007, 02:08 AM
hey guys..I guarantee SN will get a century in this SL tour, mark my words...inshallah.

=) Apnar mokhe modhu pooruk bhaishab.

Antora
June 9, 2007, 02:17 AM

sooooo what will happen if he doesnt???

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 02:54 AM
sooooo what will happen if he doesnt???

that's the question nobody seems to ask. if they did, it'd become clear as to why he should've been rested for the lanka tour.

BANFAN
June 9, 2007, 02:57 AM
If SN comes back to form, that could bring amazing results for BD in this tour. But his problem clearly is not picking the inswingers. that's much more than a form problem. I am not sure he can do it, until I see him doing it right.

He has a basic prob.

If there is no swing in SL bowling, then may be he will succeed.

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 03:00 AM
If SN comes back to form, that could bring amazing esults for BD in this tour. But his problem clearly is not picking the inswingers. that's much more than a form problem. I am not sure he can do it, until I him doing it right.

He has a basic prob.

If there is no swing in SL bowling, then may be he will succeed.

with vass, malinga and even maharoof around, what planet does that particular if come from bro ?

BANFAN
June 9, 2007, 03:27 AM
with vass, malinga and even maharoof around, what planet does that particular if come from bro ?

Good Question.

Infact that remote possibility of an 'If' is probably the only hope !! haha

tonoy
June 9, 2007, 01:56 PM
SN can do it. I think this will be his comeback series.

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 09:57 PM
i saw him yesterday, he looks good, lost a lot of that post marital weight.

cricket_king
June 10, 2007, 01:05 AM
Please get your form back :(
PLEEEEEAASSSSSEEEEE!!! :( :(

ammark
June 10, 2007, 03:22 AM

khaise!!.. Banglacricket public'er hau kau'er jonno bou'er ranna aramse khaowao thamay dise naki? dieting already? I'd sympathise with the mama-shoshur hosting the dawat, where the new jamai is not having any more of mami's home made kachchi! :lol:

ps: Sorry, the food threads in FC are getting to me! :(

Sohel
June 10, 2007, 09:28 AM
khaise!!.. Banglacricket public'er hau kau'er jonno bou'er ranna aramse khaowao thamay dise naki? dieting already? I'd sympathise with the mama-shoshur hosting the dawat, where the new jamai is not having any more of mami's home made kachchi! :lol:

ps: Sorry, the food threads in FC are getting to me! :(

beshi khaile khelon lagbona, na khelbar parle chakrida jaiboga, chakrida guele khayesh finished, khayesh guele obstha tight. karon? the male model market's totally saturated in dhaka ... so ... ata ruti ar shobji (no alu) at at night, during the day ... powerbars.

rah
June 10, 2007, 10:07 AM
i hope he does, but him being a opener and struggling against da inswinging ball....VAAS........MAHAROOF............AND MALINGA..........
so if hed oes it would be a miraculous comebak

Piranha
June 10, 2007, 11:28 AM
Great to see that attitude and hard work. Shahriar Nafees is a good player, he will eventually come good. Let's just hope that it happens before BCB runs out of patience with him.

zahid
June 10, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hotey park Srilanka soforey - yay!

Hotey parey 2 years - You gotta be kidding me!

Shafin
June 10, 2007, 01:17 PM
beshi khaile khelon lagbona, na khelbar parle chakrida jaiboga, chakrida guele khayesh finished, khayesh guele obstha tight. karon? the male model market's totally saturated in dhaka ... so ... ata ruti ar shobji (no alu) at at night, during the day ... powerbars.
We should get it down Ashraful's ears first.

ammark
June 10, 2007, 01:51 PM
We should get it down Ashraful's ears first.

Good idea. I noticed that his waistline has expanded. It should have been his upper torso instead.

Sohel
June 10, 2007, 03:30 PM
Good idea. I noticed that his waistline has expanded. It should have been his upper torso instead.

ash has lost some weight too ... the sauna-effect from "bengaluru" ...

sheikh
June 10, 2007, 11:36 PM

What about the test hundred against Australia?

Shafin
June 11, 2007, 04:07 AM
What about the test hundred against Australia?
Thats the only reason we still have faith in him.
He's got the class in him,but lacks in some technical aspect,and in the competitive game,has been cruelly exposed.

Thunder
June 11, 2007, 01:23 PM
wonder what took him so long to understand that "Industry is the key to success". After losing the vice captaincy and even a position in the team at last he understands. I thought he was a smart player and should've done all those hard work before the India series. L-)

I think he was working hard in that time with his newly married wife. And after losing the vice captaincy and a position in the team his wife didn't allow him much to spend any energy with her anymore.. :p

sadi
June 11, 2007, 01:37 PM
Just because he is working hard now doesn't mean he didn't work hard before.

One World
June 23, 2007, 09:52 AM
Quoting Ahmed B:
Their opinions about Test vs. ODI batting:
Shahriar Nafees: “I feel that its far easier to score 100 of 50 balls than 50 in 100 balls. You can play the shots you wish in ODI. You can break the grammar of batting here. But a Test Match demands patience. It requires a reverse behavior. Here you have to stretch a 50-run innings to as far as you can. Its always tough to reverse your habit.”
So what is the ultimate solution?

S. Nafees: “These habits cannot be changed overnight. Even one National League a year is not enough. IMO, cricketers should be introduced to 4-day cricket from the U-13 & U-15 level. In that case, they will get used to it from early age.”

Just because he is working hard now doesn't mean he didn't work hard before.

We have seen it and we know he can do it. But hard work only pays if that was systematic and to the point. If someone is weak in geometry and starts emphasising in algebra, calculas, arithmetic, trigonometry cos only he is very adept in those it never gives you the result you are looking for. He was probably working hard on his strengths while being soft on his weaknesses.

selina
June 23, 2007, 10:05 AM

Where, oh where did you see him?

Trigger_Tiger
June 23, 2007, 10:12 AM
Why doesn't his hard work show.....I mean he has so far had enough chances and hasn't shown absolutely anything potentially worth the spot he is occupying :waiting:!!!!!

al Furqaan
June 23, 2007, 10:34 AM
thanks TE...i relied on you...

Murad
June 23, 2007, 11:52 AM
hard work kore o ar kono kaaj hobena.... he just need some rests thats all.. His cousin (faruikka) is gonna ruin his career. He saw that Nafees is strugging with his form and footworks.. He should have given him some rests but instead he selected him to play against one of the best bowling side... If he fails in the tests.. then you know.. hes gonna be another Rokon or so..

Sohel
June 23, 2007, 01:49 PM
Where, oh where did you see him?

The nets in Mirpur.

Sohel
June 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
hard work kore o ar kono kaaj hobena.... he just need some rests thats all.. His cousin (faruikka) is gonna ruin his career. He saw that Nafees is strugging with his form and footworks.. He should have given him some rests but instead he selected him to play against one of the best bowling side... If he fails in the tests.. then you know.. hes gonna be another Rokon or so..

That has been my fear since before the team selection. I hope Abir manages to survive this tour somehow, we need him to badly.

crikss
June 24, 2007, 02:06 AM
it is better to put SN in "A" team...i don't even remember when he had a good day in INTL cricket..

MarufH
June 24, 2007, 02:14 AM
Yeap.. in suing is huge probs for this guy... he might've worked on it as our new coach seem to be working on everyone's mistakes.... :) let me keep my fingers crossed and say he will come back... but I have a bad feelings....................... :(

SS
June 24, 2007, 07:41 AM
in Practice match, he played in ODI style relying on boundaries so score as fast as possible, either he was too confident or he was trying to defy his selection. I am not sure how much he worked hard, he needs to go back in league cricket perform and then return if he is having trouble. Otherwise, he will be in pressure all the time.