PDA

View Full Version : Whatmore left bad impression on players?

Shafin
June 8, 2007, 02:04 PM
Whatmore's eagerness to impose himself on the process, coupled with interaction the Indian players had with their Bangladeshi counterparts during the recently completed tour, put paid to any chances that Whatmore might have had.

source:http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/297308.html

Looks like our players are involved in Whatmore's rejection.

kalpurush
June 8, 2007, 02:29 PM
Well, could you blame them?!:saint:

syzygy
June 8, 2007, 02:37 PM

thats an interesting point. i thought the bd players would give positive feedback on whatmore to the indian counterpart but it seems they did nt like whatmore anymore..but the question is why IS the bangladeshi cricket board CEO willing to take back whatmore?

btw this ceo a few days back said that - "Whatmore being an Australian approaches things the Australian way, whereas the players in the sub-continent are an emotional lot. Dav is not used to giving explanations." and whatmore initially wanted to take legal action for these comments but later changed his mind.

i think this ceo is not sure what he wants in life!

One World
June 8, 2007, 02:48 PM
Its scary again. Every coach had bad impact on player's.

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2007, 03:19 PM
syzygy,
you are mixing up two different person. Anam is not the CEO who made the statement of leaving the door open for Watmore.

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2007, 03:24 PM

This implies but has very little affect. It is the Indian players mostly I presume the senior players who don't want Watmore. I don't think our players had anything to do to influence the Indian players.

syzygy
June 8, 2007, 03:29 PM
syzygy,
you are mixing up two different person. Anam is not the CEO who made the statement of leaving the door open for Watmore.

oh i am sorry then, i thought it was the ceo who made both these comments.

but anyway it is confusing if the ceo gives a negative statement about whatmore and so do the bd players as quoted in this report and then somebody from the board wants to take him back

Ahmed_B
June 8, 2007, 03:52 PM
thats an interesting point. i thought the bd players would give positive feedback on whatmore to the indian counterpart but it seems they did nt like whatmore anymore..
Well... how do u know that the BD players gave any negative feedback?
The Indian players might have heard about the level of authority Whatmore claims over player's discipline and might not have liked that. But again.. all these are speculations and even the original from CI is too.

Not worth making a big deal out of it. And the thread title is quite misleading as well.

gatekeeper
June 8, 2007, 10:19 PM
syzygy,

At any rate, this doesn't reflect positively on BCB. The CEO's saying one thing and Anam is saying another. But you point is valid.

gatekeeper
June 8, 2007, 10:20 PM
I actually think, and I've said this a few time before in this forum-Whatmore is not the right coach for India. India need a manager more than a coach.

syzygy
June 8, 2007, 10:27 PM
At any rate, this doesn't reflect positively on BCB. The CEO's saying one thing and Anam is saying another

yea that was my point.

Antora
June 8, 2007, 10:31 PM
omg.... peoplezzz why cant we all build a bridge and get over watmore??? who cares if he's left a bad impression in our players?? his history...

gatekeeper
June 9, 2007, 12:17 AM
omg.... peoplezzz why cant we all build a bridge and get over watmore??? who cares if he's left a bad impression in our players?? his history...

Its called closure. Takes a while to breakup.

sar2005
June 9, 2007, 03:05 AM
This small little article is not good enough to blame our players for Whatmore not being selected as Indian coach. How much influence do you think a bd players will have on Indian player? I don't think BD players had any big role in Whatmore not getting the indian job. Rather it's completely an internal decision by Indian board, team management and the players.

You don't need to ask BD players to know how good Dav is. Look into the BD team before Whatmore and after Whatmore and you will know what he did to our cricket. The success and quality of Dav is shown by the team performance of today's BD and the then SL.

One World
June 9, 2007, 03:16 PM

Is he :info: From twenty years from now someone might right a screenplay "The Return of DW: the shadow dancer". All I am saying BCB is not clear about its intention.