PDA

View Full Version : Whatmore is going to be the Pakistani Coach

bangla_usa
June 8, 2007, 02:53 PM
http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=63360

http://amardeshbd.com/detail_news_index.php?NewsID=114550&NewsType=bistarito&SectionID=home

MohammedC
June 8, 2007, 03:02 PM
This thread should be under International Cricket section.

Electrequiem
June 8, 2007, 03:03 PM
Hmm ... not finalized yet, but its developing for sure...

bangla_usa
June 8, 2007, 03:04 PM
This thread should be under International Cricket section.

Well, Whatmore can be the BD coach again..there is still some possibility...at least he is a former BD coach

syzygy
June 8, 2007, 03:06 PM
he does nt have a choice after his recent rejection from india. i remember he initially refused to be their coach saying that paki players are indiscipline blah blah.but now that he is left nowhere, he will grab anything that comes his way.i initially had respect for this person but now i think he really lacks a positive attitude and is driven by greed rather than love for the game.

rah
June 8, 2007, 03:07 PM
this thread is in da wrong section, moderators move it please

Rajowana
June 8, 2007, 03:08 PM
Great how lovely both of the links are in bangla lolz.it wuld take me 4 hours to read that so i'm gonna leave it lol.

One World
June 8, 2007, 03:11 PM
this thread is in da wrong section, moderators move it please

i see a lot od these. one solution can be as soon you become a new member he must receive and open a message with 5-10 point critical rules for posting.

One World
June 8, 2007, 03:23 PM
a tornado is brooming in the northern deserted province of beluchistan..
gutsy wind blowing with a lot of sand in the air...
weather forecast suggest its not wise to drive with 11 passengers in a bouncy road within torrential rain

syzygy
June 8, 2007, 03:40 PM
weather forecast suggest its not wise to drive with 11 passengers in a bouncy road within torrential rain

lol,there is nowhere to run baby and all routes are closed. the only way to escape this tornado is to find a nearby hotel. but there is a problem too with this hotel because you can checkout any time you like,but you can never leave! :-D

Nocturnal
June 8, 2007, 03:56 PM

good one. :D

israr
June 8, 2007, 03:56 PM
he does nt have a choice after his recent rejection from india. i remember he initially refused to be their coach saying that paki players are indiscipline blah blah.but now that he is left nowhere, he will grab anything that comes his way.i initially had respect for this person but now i think he really lacks a positive attitude and is driven by greed rather than love for the game.

Very well said.

ialbd
June 8, 2007, 04:57 PM

hehe... well worded....

just feeling bad for whatmore. He refused to coach pak but now that might be the only option left for him to be at the intl arena. If he ends up being the pak coach it'll be weird the players to get along (atleast for the first few series). And it'll be even harder for him to gain trust & respect....

Ganguly da
June 8, 2007, 08:41 PM
if Whatmore takes this job, I will lose all respect for him......to me this would be a choice for him just for the money...since he initially was not interested in coaching pakistan

gatekeeper
June 8, 2007, 09:37 PM
Nothing's finalized yet. I however think Pakistan will benefit more from Whatmore than India would've.

Trigger_Tiger
June 8, 2007, 09:58 PM
if Whatmore takes this job, I will lose all respect for him......to me this would be a choice for him just for the money...since he initially was not interested in coaching pakistan

He needs the money though. Everyone does. The more the better. No loss for respect but just sad how speaking too early can come back to bite a person's bottom later on :(.

Nothing's finalized yet. I however think Pakistan will benefit more from Whatmore than India would've.

Right on spot.....I just hope he has the edge and the sting that Bob Woolmer had in dealing with the Pakistani media and so on :)!!!!!

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 12:17 AM
Great how lovely both of the links are in bangla lolz.it wuld take me 4 hours to read that so i'm gonna leave it lol.

here's the daily star dig in english: -

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/09/d70609040331.htm

cricketboy
June 9, 2007, 12:19 AM
Wasim Akram wants Dev to coach Pakistan. Interesting.

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 12:27 AM

hotdamn bro ... that's good. i like it.

Protic
June 9, 2007, 01:56 AM
Go Go Go :d
Goodluck. Dw

abdulrahee
June 9, 2007, 02:10 AM

very well said
but
1st of all we should confirm that was dav say that paki are illdiciplined team or it is another lie of indian media if he actully said that than i think pakistan should not hier him b/c he is a one greedy person
Q:how can a team which is illdiciplined suddenly become diciplined
ANS:$$$$$$$

Surfer
June 9, 2007, 03:21 AM
I think whatmore went overboard in verbally making his intentions clear. That was stupid. Money is a motivating factor alright, but he should have kept his options open. BCCI rejected him because of his over enthusiasism which looked abnormal.

SS
June 9, 2007, 05:22 AM
There could be so many things and webs all around this Whatmore topic. Why IND's selectors came then and for 77 days went after him "showing interest" and why it had to be during the series with us. Offcourse it was a destraction and we all know it though players said it is just a series and a matter of professionalism, but there has to be an impact. There are lots of things to be said if you want to..that happened starting from the series, their eagerness to play, coach issue after the WC shock.
Hopefully BD management and players didn't get affected for this hopla.

Tintin
June 9, 2007, 05:36 AM
BCCI rejected him because of his over enthusiasism which looked abnormal.

To say that BCCI needs a logical reason for their actions is to give them too much credit.

Ganguly da
June 9, 2007, 07:01 AM
To say that BCCI needs a logical reason for their actions is to give them too much credit.

hahah well said, but it's pretty clear the last test, the wrong decision taken by BD made all the diff....til then Whatmore was confirmed. After that bad decision, BCCI became over cautious

Rajowana
June 9, 2007, 08:31 AM
here's the daily star dig in english: -

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/09/d70609040331.htm

ohh fankoo.v.much
that was very kind of u lol :-D

Rabz
June 9, 2007, 08:45 AM
Dav Whatmore:
Former Sri Lankan coach
Former Bangladesh coach
Rejected by Indians
Wanted by Pakistanies..

He surely loves his curry food.

Rajowana
June 9, 2007, 12:31 PM
Dav Whatmore:
Former Sri Lankan coach
Former Bangladesh coach
Rejected by Indians
Wanted by Pakistanies..

He surely loves his curry food.

hahahahahahahahaha lolz

Carte Blanche
June 9, 2007, 12:50 PM
In the end, it's all about money. Those of you that have already or are in the process of losing respect for Whatmore, would have done the exact same thing, i.e. take up the Pakistani job. So would I.

syzygy
June 9, 2007, 12:55 PM
In the end, it's all about money. Those of you that have already or are in the process of losing respect for Whatmore, would have done the exact same thing, i.e. take up the Pakistani job. So would I.

hi carte_blanche, the loss of respect is due to all the drama that is associated with dav whatmore right from the world cup.taking the paki job is not the issue but the way he initially refuses it and later on changes his mind just because of the indian denial is apparently the reason for this loss of respect. the best thing for him was to remain silent rather than poking in the public.

Carte Blanche
June 9, 2007, 01:01 PM
I agree and concede that the public spectacle was somewhat childish and ill thought out. Needless to say he was greedy too. But at this point, from his perspective, the less appealing job beats unemployment. I'd have understood if his departure harmed Bangladesh in any shape. We'd have reason for spite then. I wish him luck out of respect for what he has done for Bangladesh cricket (except when we play Pakistan).

Carte Blanche
June 9, 2007, 01:28 PM
Wasim Akram wants Dev to coach Pakistan. Interesting.
Lancashire connection.

gatekeeper
June 9, 2007, 07:48 PM
If we can forget the soap opera I think Pakistan and Whatmore are an ideal match provided the Pakistan board lets him do what he wants to do.

One World
June 9, 2007, 10:00 PM
Lancashire connection.

Cant rule that out :applause:

Tintin
June 11, 2007, 12:32 PM
Pakistan Cricket Board invites applications for the post of National Coach. The qualifications and the address to send the applications can be found here :

http://www.pcboard.com.pk/logos/Pakistan/PCB_publications/Jobs/coach.pdf

Sohel
June 11, 2007, 01:19 PM
Dav Whatmore ... likhe dilam.

sheikh
June 13, 2007, 10:48 AM
i see a lot od these. one solution can be as soon you become a new member he must receive and open a message with 5-10 point critical rules for posting.

What about a quiz of 10 marks? lol

P.Warner
June 13, 2007, 01:10 PM
Whatmore has proved himself to be a good professional in the coaching circuit. He will do well in Pakistan with the facilities and talent they have available there. As some of the old heads have now disappeared, whoever takes over shall have an easier route to success than the former coach.

MohammedC
June 15, 2007, 06:56 PM
Pakistan short-lists Lawson for coach
Malcolm Conn
June 16, 2007

THE obsession with coaches from Australia continues apace, with Geoff Lawson urgently summoned to Pakistan for talks as a possible replacement for the late Bob Woolmer.
He is one of three on Pakistan's short list with compatriots Dav Whatmore and ICC high performance manager Richard Done, the left-arm former fast bowler who was Lawson's new ball partner for the NSW Colts in 1977.

Former NSW and New Zealand coach Steve Rixon was also sounded out several weeks ago but rejected the approach because of safety concerns.

Source (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21913064-5001505,00.html)

Rabz
June 16, 2007, 12:53 AM
I wish Dav the best of luck in next tenure, whatever or whichever country it might be.

cricket_pagol
June 16, 2007, 12:54 AM
Best of Luck to DAv, but it seems that he will face stiff competition from other coaches.

Antora
June 16, 2007, 04:35 AM
nooo whatmore..... dont go to pakistan!!!!!

Shafin
June 20, 2007, 02:49 AM
Pakistan search for Woolmer's successor

Whatmore heads to Pakistan for interview

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/298689.html

Beamer
June 20, 2007, 12:50 PM
Pakistan ar Whatmore - dui e dui e ekdom manikjor...

MohammedC
June 21, 2007, 05:13 AM
Pakistan search for Woolmer's successor
Dav Whatmore interviewed by Pakistan board
Cricinfo staff
June 21, 2007
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=170 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif
</TD><TD class=photo>http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/261046.jpg?alt=1
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=photo>Dav Whatmore is the last of three Australians the PCB have interviewed for the post left vacant since the death of Woolmer. <NOBR>© AFP</NOBR>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Dav Whatmore, who was interviewed by the Pakistan board this morning, said he was up to the challenge of taking on one of the more demanding jobs in world cricket.
Whatmore met the three-man PCB committee constituted to find a successor to Bob Woolmer, at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore for nearly two hours. Speaking to reporters after, Whatmore said, "The interview went very well. It was a good discussion. Coaching the Pakistan team represents a challenge and if given this opportunity, I can produce good results. I think I am up to the challenge."
Whatmore had expressed his interest in coaching India during the World Cup, though he was eventually discounted as a candidate by the BCCI. Pakistan had also expressed an interest in his services and he remained their top choice even despite his preference initially for the India position.
"I am here because I am interested in the job. I am a professional coach and this is an opportunity to work with a very good board and a very good team," Whatmore said.

Source (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/298842.html)

Cricket Crazy
June 21, 2007, 05:17 AM
Whatmore will be a very good coach for PK. But idnt want him to leave BD! And whos gna b our coach?

MohammedC
June 21, 2007, 05:35 AM
Whatmore will be a very good coach for PK. But idnt want him to leave BD! And whos gna b our coach?

I feel the same way but he has left and wont be back in near future

Cricket Crazy
June 21, 2007, 05:45 AM
Near future? I dnt think he will ever come bk! :-(

Sohel
June 21, 2007, 08:03 AM
At least he doesn't have his life to worry about anymore, or Inzi's incessant prayer sessions.

MohammedC
June 22, 2007, 09:08 PM
Whatmore top contender for Pakistan job
Press Trust of India . Karachi
Australian Dav Whatmore has emerged as the top contender to take over the coaching position with the Pakistan cricket team after he met with PCB chairman Naseem Ashraf in Islamabad.
‘The word is that in the three interviews held by the Pakistan cricket officials with the shortlisted coaching candidates, Whatmore has impressed everyone the most,’ a source in the PCB said.
Before Whatmore, his compatriots Geoff Lawson and Richard Done were also interviewed for the job by Board officials earlier this week.
Whatmore will now travel to meet the Pakistan players at Abbottabad where they are attending a training camp.
‘There is no doubt Whatmore’s experience of working with Asian players counts for a lot as he has remained coach of the Sri Lankan and Bangladesh teams in the past,’ a Board source said.
The committee appointed to shortlist and interview the coaching candidates will now submit their recommendations to Ashraf who will get approval from the ad-hoc committee by the end of the month.
‘It is premature to say who will be appointed because the ad-hoc committee has to discuss all the three candidates,’ Zakir Khan, PCB’s director (cricket operations), told PTI.

Newagebd (http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html)

Electrequiem
June 22, 2007, 10:24 PM
Good luck to Whatmore...and Pakistan.

I thank Whatmore for his priceless service to BD Cricket, but I believe it's time for a new coach.

MohammedC
June 24, 2007, 07:04 PM
Pakistan Cricket Board Decides To Appoint Dav Whatmore As Its National Team Coach

<!-- start main content --><!-- begin content -->Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Sun, 2007-06-24 15:19.
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided to sign on Australian Dav Whatmore as its national team coach but will make an official announcement in a week's time.
Sources in the PCB said that after the interviews of the three prospective coaching candidates - Whatmore, Geoff Lawson and Richard Done - were conducted, Whatmore had impressed the board and players the most.
"The decision has been made in principle and details of the contract have also been discussed with Whatmore but final details are being worked out. He is expected to be paid more than what Pakistan was paying former coach, the late Bob Woolmer," one source said.
The source said Whatmore had impressed because of his experience of working with teams in South Asia and managing their players.
Whatmore who met with the players on Saturday described them as "positive, vibrant and confident."
Whatmore, 53, said he was impressed with the new spirit and eagerness to learn in the Pakistan camp.
"They are more vibrant and positive and want to do well even after the disappointment they suffered in the World Cup," Whatmore said.
Pakistan and arch rivals India were eliminated in the first round of the World Cup and their exits stripped the tournament of most of its charm and glamour specially for cricket fans from the sub-continent.
Whatmore said there was a positive spirit in the Pakistan team with the appointment of a new and young captain in Shoaib Malik.
"I think the change in captaincy with a younger guy being given charge has brought about this positive change," he said.
PCB Chairman Nasim Ashraf has already said that all three coaches had been impressive with their ideas and background.
"We found all of them their strong areas and were very impressive and we are also laying a lot of stress on the feedback we get from our players whom all three potential candidates have met," Ashraf said recently.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->source (http://www.cricketworldcuplatest.com/news/pakistan-cricket-board-decides-to-appoint-dav-what-113484.html)
<!--adsense: cached-->

ammark
June 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
Best of luck to Dav. As long as he's happy, we're happy. And yes Stumped, we miss you too :(

One World
June 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
Good Luck Dav Whatmore, I take off my early comments! :)

AsifTheManRahman
June 24, 2007, 10:39 PM
Good to see Whatmore's finally been able to settle down.

Kabir
June 24, 2007, 10:43 PM
Congrats Whatmore. And congrats Stumped, you'll get to be the member of PakPassion now...so, you won't visit us anymore I suppose :mad:

ialbd
June 24, 2007, 11:57 PM
fair enough.....

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2007, 03:23 PM
Congrats Watmore. May you have the highest personal success. As for stumped she is a BD fan through and through.

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 03:38 PM
best of luck grandpa now when is the next india-pak match? if dav can beat the hell out of india using our useless bd players i wonder what he is going to do when he get shoib akter and milk kinda players...

Sovik
June 25, 2007, 03:39 PM
hope stumped will stay with us in banglacricket

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 09:57 AM
best of luck grandpa now when is the next india-pak match? if dav can beat the hell out of india using our useless bd players i wonder what he is going to do when he get shoib akter and milk kinda players...

:floor::floor:

Malik?

gatekeeper
June 30, 2007, 10:35 AM
If Whatmore does get the job Pakistan may just become the only team to challenge Australia in a couple of years.

I said this before and I'll say it again-Whatmore is more suited for Pakistan than India if the Pakistan Board allows him to do what he needs to.

Surfer
June 30, 2007, 11:17 AM
If Whatmore does get the job Pakistan may just become the only team to challenge Australia in a couple of years.

I said this before and I'll say it again-Whatmore is more suited for Pakistan than India if the Pakistan Board allows him to do what he needs to.

Thats a big 'if'. PCB has never made the coach's job easy. Pakistan team has seen some new lows owing to the policies of its board.

Nafis_BD
June 30, 2007, 11:34 AM
Well if Whatmore really does become the Pakistani Coach then good luck to him and his new team!!

Ahmed_B
June 30, 2007, 11:43 AM
Good luck to whatmore. I do see the PAK team gaining some ranking upgrades over the next few years. :)

israr
June 30, 2007, 12:07 PM
People are saying Pakistan will be a top-ranked team in a few years, but the same thing was said when Woolmer was appointed. Whatever you say, it all depends on the Pak players.

syzygy
June 30, 2007, 12:41 PM
I doubt that pak will improve bcoz of whatmore, if they have to improve they have to mend out the differences they have in their team between seniors and juniors and play as a single unit. Even in coach selection it seems they have differences. It seems Inzi preferes whatmore but not the young ones..

something i read in bbc sports news.....

Three candidates have been interviewed but it now appears to be a choice between Dav Whatmore and Geoff Lawson.

Some players favour ex-Sri Lanka and Bangladesh coach Whatmore, while the younger element would prefer former Australia pace bowler Lawson.

Electrequiem
June 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
People are saying Pakistan will be a top-ranked team in a few years, but the same thing was said when Woolmer was appointed. Whatever you say, it all depends on the Pak players.

true for every team, mate.

syzygy
June 30, 2007, 12:54 PM
and yes its the players who win matches not any coach...the example has to be taken from the current indian team who are doing far better without a coach.

gatekeeper
July 1, 2007, 06:01 AM
Thats a big 'if'. PCB has never made the coach's job easy. Pakistan team has seen some new lows owing to the policies of its board.

..........no doubt.

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 07:41 AM
and yes its the players who win matches not any coach...the example has to be taken from the current indian team who are doing far better without a coach.
Pakistani team actually does not need anything,even players to win or lose a match,recently WI has been competing with them,but an unpredictable pakistan is one of the main beauties of this wonderful game.

israr
July 1, 2007, 09:11 AM
but an unpredictable pakistan is one of the main beauties of this wonderful game.

I don't think so Shafin bhai. They had become pretty much predictable of late, with more disappointing results than greater shocks.

Stumped
July 9, 2007, 06:53 PM
hey guys im still here... dont come online much these days but still read up on a bit! Thanks for all the "good lucks"!

WarWolf
July 9, 2007, 08:42 PM
hey guys im still here... dont come online much these days but still read up on a bit! Thanks for all the "good lucks"!
Thanks for being with us Alexa. :-p

cricketboy
July 9, 2007, 09:47 PM

I am thinking when Bangladesh will beat Pakistan in the next world cup bechara Whatmore will lock himself up in his hotel room. :-D

Tintin
July 10, 2007, 08:27 PM
Dav Whatmore has expressed his surprise and disappointment at reports that Arjuna Ranatunga, the former Sri Lanka captain, has advised the PCB against hiring him as their next coach.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/301453.html

Sohel
July 11, 2007, 08:16 AM
What an ugly "chinaman" from Arjuna ... ch'hi, ch'hi.

Then again, I won't be surprised if my 80-year old grandmother's curse is still keeping Dav unemployed.

Miraz
July 14, 2007, 12:18 PM
Whatmore's jobless tenure is further extending.

Lawson is going to get the PCB job.

Pakistan's coach hunt about to stop
Lawson likely to be appointed Pakistan's coach
Cricinfo staff
July 14, 2007
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="170"> <tbody><tr><td width="10"> http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif
</td> <td class="photo"> http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/inline/content/current/image/298485.jpg?alt=1
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"> <tbody><tr> <td class="photo"> Geoff Lawson has said to have impressed PCB the most <nobr>© Getty Images</nobr>
</td></tr></tbody></table> </td></tr></tbody></table>
Barring any late glitches, Geoff Lawson, the former Australian Test fast bowler, is likely to be appointed as the new Pakistan coach on Monday.
A board official close to the coaching selection process told Cricinfo that final negotiations with Lawson, who had impressed them the most, were underway. "It is heading Lawson's way definitely. There are still a couple of things to be sorted out but it is looking like he is the man for us," said the official.
Lawson was one of three Australians shortlisted and interviewed for the position by the Pakistan board, Dav Whatmore and Richard Done the other two, after the position was let vacant following the death of Bob Woolmer.

Read full (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/302010.html)

Sadz
July 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
Huh? Im confused, why is every one talking about him? LOL

Ahmed_B
July 14, 2007, 12:36 PM
Dav Whatmore has expressed his surprise and disappointment at reports that Arjuna Ranatunga, the former Sri Lanka captain, has advised the PCB against hiring him as their next coach.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/301453.html

Another interesting turn in the show: Murali spoke out strongly against Ranatunga's comments on Whatmore. He mentioned Whatmore as a great coach and of having excellent man-management skills. Murali put a lot of credit on Whatmore for the 1996 WC win.

-TenSports news

Miraz
July 15, 2007, 06:24 PM
Lawson confirmed as Pakistan coach.

From BBC
Former Australia Test bowler Geoff Lawson has tells Aussie media he has been appointed Pakistan's new coach.
Read full (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/default.stm)

I am really surprised to see the grammatical mistake of this sort at BBC website.

sandpiper
July 15, 2007, 07:18 PM
Miraz bhai, mistake has been rectified now :D
Lawson confirmed as Pakistan coach.

From BBC

Read full (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/default.stm)

I am really surprised to see the grammatical mistake of this sort at BBC website.

syzygy
July 15, 2007, 10:38 PM
whatmore remains jobless, seems he is nomore going to be a coach of an international side. must be a BIG dissapointment for him after all the success he had with bd. will bd give him one last chance, seems their chemistry worked great and i somehow feel sorry for the outspoken gentleman.

Shafin
July 16, 2007, 04:12 AM
Whatmore most probably will settle for a county job now,and will get back to the international arena within 2-3 years.But i am sure he will come back.But for BD,it should be,"No,Thanks,we have had enough of you."

Rabz
July 16, 2007, 07:51 AM
Well, good luck to Lawson.
His new favourite song will be:
"Staying Alive".....

Puck
July 16, 2007, 10:04 AM
Well, good luck to Lawson.
His new favourite song will be:
"Staying Alive".....

i hope you are going to be demonstrating the dance as well ;)

Puck
July 16, 2007, 10:13 AM
Whatmore most probably will settle for a county job now,and will get back to the international arena within 2-3 years.But i am sure he will come back.But for BD,it should be,"No,Thanks,we have had enough of you."

to be quite honest he is a brilliant coach and had achieved miracles with a young bangladeshi team in the one day format of the game. so attitudes as above seems a little disrespectful to me. whatmore would walk into any county coaching jobs, will get more money and have less hassle than he'd had as bnagladesh coach.

the nation and its fanbase should be a little more grateful to those who guided it to success. without this, results like what happened in srilanka would continue to be a regularity for the next 20 years.

Ahmed_B
July 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
Dont talk so early...
The way this 'natok' is going on.... we may very well see Dav back again as BD coach.... or who knows.. maybe even as IND coach.

I've stopped believing anything regarding subcontinental coaching jobs already. :)

Fazal
July 16, 2007, 02:23 PM
Bechara Whatmore dumped twice ... once by India and now by Pakistan.

What more can i say.:-D

sandpiper
July 16, 2007, 04:10 PM
:floor: :floor:
Bechara Whatmore dumped twice ... once by India and now by Pakistan.

What more can i say.:-D

Former Pakistan captain Javed Miandad slammed the appointment of Australian Geoff Lawson as the team's new coach.

Miandad, who played 124 Tests and had three spells as coach up to 2004, said: "How can you expect a foreigner to have the patriotism a Pakistani does?

"Instead of bringing in foreigners the Pakistan board should first try to improve the grass-root cricket level.

"If foreign coaches can guarantee a certain level of performance, fine. Otherwise it is a waste of money."

Another former Pakistan captain Intikhab Alam, who held a managerial role when Pakistan won the World Cup in 1992, also questioned the appointment of another foreign coach to succeed the late Bob Woolmer.

"I have nothing against Lawson but he should be prepared for a lot of criticism and a hard time," he said.

"The board should first try to find out if we really need a foreign coach and then take a decision. I believe some of our players are equally good and capable of delivering results.

Legendary batsman Zaheer Abbas, who scored over 5,000 Test runs and who worked with the team in an administrative role during Woolmer's reign, was angered when news of the new appointment was made by Lawson himself in the Australian media before the result of a Pakistan board meeting to discuss the issue was announced.

"What was the purpose of having the meeting if the board had already taken a decision?" he said

Zaheer also suggested a member of the Pakistan squad, either recent or current, should have been chosen as the new man at the helm.

"I worked as manager with Woolmer and I can say our own players are equally good," he insisted.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/6901673.stm

Electrequiem
July 16, 2007, 07:03 PM
I feel bad for Dav. That's two rejections (and counting).

Why do I have a feeling that he will be back as our coach? I hope I am wrong, though.