PDA

View Full Version : External: Aussie cricket pulls up trumps [Fear Bangladesh?]

Zunaid
June 8, 2007, 07:29 PM
The phrase in square brackets is all mine. I wish.

From the Herald Sun (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21873122-11088,00.html)

Meanwhile, Australia has taken the academy concept to another level, and recently began selling its expertise to rival nations. Bangladesh was the first Test-playing customer to sign up.
Around the CA board table, they muse about what might happen if Bangladesh, with it's enormous cricket-mad population, ever manages to harness its potential.

cricketboy
June 8, 2007, 07:30 PM
Nice find, Zunaid bhai. :)

Hatebreed
June 8, 2007, 07:58 PM
If BCB is doing anything right, it's getting the help of Aussies and adopting their style of cricket academy from the get-go. Hopefully with their expertise and adequate assistance, we'll be a strong, competitive and consistent team in 4 years' time.

mali007
June 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
Its prudent to follow Australian philosophy --------- eventually that will help BD cricket to
prosper.

syzygy
June 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
The phrase in square brackets is all mine. I wish.

From the Herald Sun (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21873122-11088,00.html)

nice find. btw how do u find such articles ?

There was some hope[fear] for India too in that article.

Even more so, that applies to India, with its even larger population, staggering financial clout (it generates 60-70 per cent of all the money in world cricket) and political power.

all good for cricket asia ! but someone need to apply them, hope they have that common sense

oracle
June 8, 2007, 08:39 PM
The difference between Australia and BD will be application as someone pointed out above. But yes, the thought of emulating Aussies in every way and reaping the dividend that is possible is very exciting.

scoilaheez
June 8, 2007, 08:59 PM
i saw this in the paper today and it was quite intriguing.

oracle
June 8, 2007, 09:03 PM
One day they'll figure it out, but we're not waiting around for them to unlock the secret," was the word from CA this week.

They always have a back up plan.

Rabz
June 9, 2007, 12:48 AM
Good find Dr.Z.

Tintin
June 9, 2007, 02:35 AM
Re India,

One day they'll figure it out, but we're not waiting around for them to unlock the secret," was the word from CA this week.

Not only are they not helping India, they even sent Greg Chappell over here to coach !

sar2005
June 9, 2007, 02:43 AM
Hmm! concept and idea buying look good. But I wonder where we will get those giant harcuelis figures like Hayden!

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 02:58 AM
i hope the continued ACC probes force BCB to utilze these valuable aussie resources better. good dig Z-bhai, always great to know what the very best in the business are thinking.

Ahmed_B
June 9, 2007, 03:02 AM
This one i liked best "The Swami Army" :)

Shafin
June 9, 2007, 05:56 AM
Re India,

Not only are they not helping India, they even sent Greg Chappell over here to coach !
:D:floor:

Shafin
June 9, 2007, 06:05 AM
Re India,

:D:floor:

Hatebreed
June 9, 2007, 07:01 AM
Re India,

Good one. :-D

rah
June 9, 2007, 08:00 AM
nice find

Rajowana
June 9, 2007, 08:04 AM
Re India,

lolz:lol: :lol:

Rajowana
June 9, 2007, 08:05 AM
by the way thnx for the link

fy288
June 9, 2007, 10:52 AM
swami armay?! i thought thaey call them selves Bhratt Army?

wonder wHAT BANGLA army of fans will be called?

Sohel
June 9, 2007, 08:32 PM

"bangla army" ?

BonBon
June 9, 2007, 11:27 PM

Easy - Cholai (bangloo fermented alcohol) Army or Chullu Army

kaisermatin
June 10, 2007, 06:39 AM
Australia needs competition. Otherwise there winnings will not be that gratifying. And they found a way to do business with that. Making sure other countries achieve some quality is in someway making sure that cricketing economy thrives. South asian population is a good market. This is a good business sense. Bangladesh is doing the right thing by accepting their expertise.

Rabz
June 10, 2007, 08:02 AM

"Tiger Army".