PDA

View Full Version : Nadal: the 2nd King of Clay

Tigers_eye
June 11, 2007, 10:24 AM
With his C game he took out the Federer in four sets in the french open finals. Loved it!! lol 105 mile aces.

Hated the commentators (all four). They made it sould like Federer would win it because he is Federer???? 90% of the time they were prasing Federer bringing up stats of other Grand slams and unforced errors??? So after the second set I turned the mute button "on". I do not deny Federer is the best players in the circuit but come on!!! As impressive as Federer's record is Nadal's records is as much as similar if not more.

Nadal the 2nd King of Clay

1. Have never lost in French Open match to date. 21 - 0.
2. Heck he never played a 5 set match to begin with in French Open. That is how much more he dominated everybody including Federer.
3. In clay, when he was streched to five setters he won them all. 34 - 0. lol!! no hope for others.
4. His head to head against Federer is 8-4. 6-1 on Clay. Now those stat itself should be an eye openning one.
5. 2nd man to win three french open in a row.

Tennis needs a rivalry and hopefully we will witness in coming future.

Ofcourse the king is Bjorn Borg. 6 French open titles and he could play in Grass too. Not one dimentional like many wannabes. :)

Shafin
June 11, 2007, 11:24 AM
Nadal will be Emperor by the time he finishes his Career.

abdulw11
June 11, 2007, 11:53 AM
Well, all I can say, is that Nadal has some strong, toned arm muscles, unlike puny Federer. :-p

Electrequiem
June 11, 2007, 01:35 PM
Congrats Nadal.

I rooted for Federer though :(

Ashfaque
June 11, 2007, 03:17 PM
With his C game he took out the Federer in four sets in the french open finals. Loved it!! lol 105 mile aces.

Hated the commentators (all four). They made it sould like Federer would win it because he is Federer???? 90% of the time they were prasing Federer bringing up stats of other Grand slams and unforced errors??? So after the second set I turned the mute button "on". I do not deny Federer is the best players in the circuit but come on!!! As impressive as Federer's record is Nadal's records is as much as similar if not more.

Nadal the 2nd King of Clay

1. Have never lost in French Open match to date. 21 - 0.
2. Heck he never played a 5 set match to begin with in French Open. That is how much more he dominated everybody including Federer.
3. In clay, when he was streched to five setters he won them all. 34 - 0. lol!! no hope for others.
4. His head to head against Federer is 8-4. 6-1 on Clay. Now those stat itself should be an eye openning one.
5. 2nd man to win three french open in a row.

Tennis needs a rivalry and hopefully we will witness in coming future.

Ofcourse the king is Bjorn Borg. 6 French open titles and he could play in Grass too. Not one dimentional like many wannabes. :)

Yes i agree with u dat Nadal is the present king of Clay and 2 win in clay court regularly u hav to b technicaly best and Nadal proves that. But one question, what happens to him when he face Federer in the other surface? Dats not a sign of a great player like Borg or Beker or Sampraas even Aggasi. So my dear friend please dont compare Nadal with great like them untill he wins other open beside French open

SideWinder
June 11, 2007, 03:40 PM
Greatest tennis players:
1. Bjorn Borg; he made tennis so easy
2. Sampras; the work horse; destructive back hand volley
3. Federer; those side volleys and chips and lobs.....wow

SideWinder
June 11, 2007, 03:41 PM
Well, all I can say, is that Nadal has some strong, toned arm muscles, unlike puny Federer. :-p

1. Steady now.....:-p :-p
2. You don't like your men to be 'puny'.

Only pulling your leg Wahid....lol...

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2007, 09:04 AM
Yes i agree with u dat Nadal is the present king of Clay and 2 win in clay court regularly u hav to b technicaly best and Nadal proves that. But one question, what happens to him when he face Federer in the other surface? Dats not a sign of a great player like Borg or Beker or Sampraas even Aggasi. So my dear friend please dont compare Nadal with great like them untill he wins other open beside French open
Ashfaque,
Welcome to banglacricket. Enjoy your stay.

I would consider your post as a reply to my original post. In that case, could you please let me know where I had compared with the above underlined players?

Thank you.

cricman
June 12, 2007, 12:18 PM
Guy is going to win 12 Majors and 10 of them will be French opens, hey nobody said it was a crime to own a particular Major.

Bancan
June 12, 2007, 04:26 PM
the way he is going , i think roger will have a tough time winning the French anytime soon

TripleR
June 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
So u ppl are Nadal fans....I don't like him......haha

I still can't believe that Roger lost!!!:o

Tigers_eye
June 15, 2007, 12:29 PM
So u ppl are Nadal fans....I don't like him......haha

I still can't believe that Roger lost!!!:o

3 times in a row at French Open!! Countless ones to come!! None went to 5 sets.