PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to be like India...or like Pakistan???

SideWinder
June 11, 2007, 04:56 PM
When it comes to bowlers?
One has never produced a genuine legendary bowler with express pace and swing and the other keeps on spurting them out....

Farhad
June 11, 2007, 05:10 PM
Midway between, but leaning toward India.:sigh:

damalChele
June 11, 2007, 05:28 PM
We are going to be like us, Bangladeshi. No point in comparing our bowlers/batsmen to our neighbors in this regard. We have our own identity as a cricketing nation in Asia. Lets stick to that.

We have our Rafique, Razzak and Mash and many more. People already started talking about things like "Do we have a Tamim Iqbal in our squad?" I personally would like to see more of that.

SideWinder
June 11, 2007, 05:30 PM
Yep...that's what I was looking for..Uniquenesss. Good going Damalchele...

gatekeeper
June 11, 2007, 09:25 PM
We are going to be like us, the best that we can be.

Kabir
June 11, 2007, 10:03 PM
Question to SideWinder:

What fun do you get in getting such questions, and opening a thread for each of them? I didn't want to bother your freedom here, and I can't either. But you know, please give it a break for some time. It's a request.

-- As myself

Nafi
June 12, 2007, 04:07 AM
Dont worry guys give it time, and we will see a genuine swing bowler with express pace. ;)

Trigger_Tiger
June 12, 2007, 04:16 AM
We are going to be like us, Bangladeshi. No point in comparing our bowlers/batsmen to our neighbors in this regard. We have our own identity as a cricketing nation in Asia. Lets stick to that.

We have our Rafique, Razzak and Mash and many more. People already started talking about things like "Do we have a Tamim Iqbal in our squad?" I personally would like to see more of that.

Couldn't have put it any better myself :up:!!!!!

Off-topic: When it comes to bowlers?
One has never produced a genuine legendary bowler with express pace and swing and the other keeps on spurting them out....

I reckon you haven't seen Ashish Nehra at his peak (cricketers in 2003 compared him to a young Wasim Akram) and most importantly Kapil Dev swinging the ball in beautifully away from the right-handers?

psj
June 12, 2007, 08:16 AM
People already started talking about things like "Do we have a Tamim Iqbal in our squad?"

:floor: :floor: Good One.

Shafin
June 12, 2007, 09:05 AM
Dont worry guys give it time, and we will see a genuine swing bowler with express pace. ;)
How many years?

Ganguly da
June 13, 2007, 01:48 AM
When it comes to bowlers?

did you forget about Kapil Dev?? the legendary Indian bowler? not sure about his pace but swing??

Ahmed_B
June 13, 2007, 02:00 AM
And why aren't we allowed to think beyond Pakistan/Inidia? Why should we even be looking for Idols?

Trigger_Tiger
June 13, 2007, 02:42 AM
And why aren't we allowed to think beyond Pakistan/Inidia? Why should we even be looking for Idols?

[..edited..] .....not to mention how it is always INDIA BAD, PAKISTAN GOOD to him, or how much OUR BOWLERS AREN'T AS GOOD AS THE PAKISTANI LEGENDS!!!!!

@Ganguly da: I told him about Nehra and Dev, I don't think he read it, or he wants to read it L-).