PDA

View Full Version : Chandu Borde Named As Interim India Coach

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 08:28 AM
From Cricketworld (http://www.cricketworld.com/india/article/?aid=11800)

Chandu Borde Named As Interim India Coach

12 June 2007
http://www.cricketworld.com/assets/images/articles/38770_borde.jpg (http://www.cricketworld.com/india/article/?aid=11800&i=10487)
Chandu Borde, second from the right, in a light-coloured shirt holding his hands together, pictured during his time as a selector. He has been appointed as India's interim coach.
©REUTERS/Jayanta Shaw JS/CP Reuters / Picture supplied by Action Images

The Indian board named former chief selector Chandu Borde as cricket manager for the tours of Ireland and England on Tuesday.

The board's decision-making working committee chose to go in for an interim arrangement as they had done for the recent tour of Bangladesh after Australian Greg Chappell resigned as coach following the World Cup debacle.

South African Graham Ford declined the offer to coach the national team on Monday.

Borde, 72, played 55 tests and has served as manager in the past.

India play a three-match one-day series against South Africa in Ireland later this month before heading to England in July for three tests and seven one-dayers.

The board is scheduled to hold a press conference later on Tuesday.

Shafin
June 12, 2007, 09:04 AM
How many interim coaches before they find one?

This is bad news for us as their selection will be further delayed.Its total drama,the next day they might snatch RM because we want him and they heard he is good.

Fazal
June 12, 2007, 09:33 AM
How many interim coaches before they find one?

This is bad news for us as their selection will be further delayed.Its total drama,the next day they might snatch RM because we want him and they heard he is good.

Kaisee.. ai Goromey Chandu Mia (72 years old) coaching corbey with a wheel chair and oxyzen tank?
Chandu gorom hoiley tar ki babosha? I hope there is a air-conditioned tent nearby the field.

Padosan
June 12, 2007, 09:54 AM
The article just said Manager, not a coach.

ooh yes, its just India lets just ridicule a 72 year old, why bother to read the article thorough

cheers !

syzygy
June 12, 2007, 10:07 AM
Cricket Manager guys not Coach, cant u read the headlines in bold!

Borde is very respected in indian cricket circles both among players and his colleagues and as I said bfr india dont need a coach at all. Borde is a good choice although Ravi, Sunny, Kapil would be better, but they are not available.

Tintin
June 12, 2007, 10:19 AM
Ravi, Sunny, Kapil would be better, but they are not available.

Anyone but Kapil. Made the blunder of making him the coach once. Never again, please.

Beamer
June 12, 2007, 10:23 AM
Offtopic but related issue is the squad that has been picked for the Eng-Ire tour published in cricinfo. Tell me I am wrong but I do not see Dhoni in the test squad ! This is incredible if true...

Tintin
June 12, 2007, 10:26 AM
He is there : See http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/297784.html

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 10:39 AM
The article just said Manager, not a coach.

ooh yes, its just India lets just ridicule a 72 year old, why bother to read the article thorough

cheers !

He is the Cricket Manager, the same portfolio Shastri held during Bangladesh tour.

C'mon man!! that's the coach cum Manager aka Cricket Manager.

Beamer
June 12, 2007, 10:40 AM
I swear I didn't see his name earlier on cricinfo. They have corrected themselves.

Padosan
June 12, 2007, 10:43 AM
He is the Cricket Manager, the same portfolio Shastri held during Bangladesh tour.

C'mon man!! that's the coach cum Manager aka Cricket Manager.

No Miraz, when they appointed Shastri for BD tour, they were specific to stay he will be the interim-coach cum Manager.

Padosan
June 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
I swear I didn't see his name earlier on cricinfo. They have corrected themselves.

May be, Cricinfo shld also have the Edit-reason like we have in our forums.

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 10:46 AM
No Miraz, when they appointed Shastri for BD tour, they were specific to stay he will be the interim-coach cum Manager.

That was the first time and clarification was required.

Now everyone in India should understand the term Cricket Manager, otherwise he should have been mentioned as Team Manager.

Is it clear now?

Tintin
June 12, 2007, 10:46 AM
May be, Cricinfo shld also have the Edit-reason like we have in our forums.

They had made a similar mistake before the Bangladesh series, announcing a 14 member team without Ramesh Powar.

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 11:00 AM

Went back to CricketWorld and now read the headlines in bold. (It's a Reuters report)

Included in the opening post for your convenience.

Padosan
June 12, 2007, 11:02 AM

Now everyone in India should understand the term Cricket Manager, otherwise he should have been mentioned as Team Manager.

Is it clear now?

No It is not !!! Manager to a cricket team is a Team manager or a Cricket Manager, there was no mention of he being the interim coach.

And i will pass on your expertise to "everyone in India" later.

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 11:06 AM
No It is not !!! Manager to a cricket team is a Team manager or a Cricket Manager, there was no mention of he being the interim coach.

And i will pass on your expertise to "everyone in India" later.

I hope you have read my previous post.

I have already included the headline and the image. :)

Again posting that part.

12 June 2007
http://www.cricketworld.com/assets/images/articles/38770_borde.jpg (http://www.cricketworld.com/india/article/?aid=11800&i=10487)
Chandu Borde, second from the right, in a light-coloured shirt holding his hands together, pictured during his time as a selector. He has been appointed as India's interim coach.
©REUTERS/Jayanta Shaw JS/CP Reuters / Picture supplied by Action Images

The Indian board named former chief selector Chandu Borde as cricket manager for the tours of Ireland and England on Tuesday.

The board's decision-making working committee chose to go in for an interim arrangement as they had done for the recent tour of Bangladesh after Australian Greg Chappell resigned as coach following the World Cup debacle.

South African Graham Ford declined the offer to coach the national team on

syzygy
June 12, 2007, 11:06 AM

Is it clear now?

miraz u seem to be obsessed in explaining the term cricket manager (seems u changed the title from manager to coach and also added a profie photo, other than ur explanations)..anyway it does nt matter how u interpret it.

the bottomline is he will just act as a manager and not as a coach and no need for further explanations. thanks but no thanks!

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 11:08 AM
miraz u seem to be obsessed in explaining the term cricket manager (seems u changed the title from manager to coach and also added a profie photo, other than ur explanations)..anyway it does nt matter how u interpret it.

the bottomline is he will just act as a manager and not as a coach and no need for further explanations. thanks but no thanks!

Well that was not my interpretation.

I have just copy pasted the news from CricketWorld/Reuters.

I have used exactly the same headline.

Padosan
June 12, 2007, 11:14 AM
I hope you have read my previous post.

I have already included the headline and the image. :)

Again posting that part.

Sincere Apologies Miraz. I read the article where it just said Manager intially that didnt mention about Coach. I didnt go through the image and link you posted next. Obviously i shld have done more research before contradicting a well informed and well researching Editor. :)

sorry about that again

cheers !
Padosan

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 11:23 AM
Sincere Apologies Miraz. I read the article where it just said Manager intially that didnt mention about Coach. I didnt go through the image and link you posted next. Obviously i shld have done more research before contradicting a well informed and well researching Editor. :)

sorry about that again

cheers !
Padosan

No worries mate !

:)

syzygy
June 12, 2007, 11:31 AM
Well that was not my interpretation.

I have just copy pasted the news from CricketWorld/Reuters.

I have used exactly the same headline.

I think both the source u mentioned is wrong. look at cricinfo (which everybody should agree is the most reliable source for cricket) and they just mention the term manager.borde is a great administrator and he served as a manager before during pak tour.so he will just do that role.is that clear?

Check out the cricinfo link :

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/297757.html

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 11:38 AM
I think both the source u mentioned is wrong. look at cricinfo (which everybody should agree is the most reliable source for cricket) and they just mention the term manager.borde is a great administrator and he served as a manager before during pak tour.so he will just do that role.is that clear?

Check out the cricinfo link :

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/297757.html

Thanks for the link. It was not there earlier. Now two paragraph from Cricinfo.

Borde's appointment comes after Graham Ford, the former South African coach who's currently the director of cricket at Kent, rejected the Indian board's offer to coach the national side."But this is going to be a short-term job. I don't know what wonders he can do. It's not going to be easy for him. It's not fair to Mr Borde. Also, there is going to be a lot of pressure on Dravid. I hope he does well with the bat and with leading the team. At the end of the day the blame [if India don't do well] will fall on the captain. I don't think it will be fair on Dravid."He is not a normal team manager like "Sanjay Jagdale" was for World Cup 2007, that's for sure.

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 11:41 AM
And here's the same news from Cricbuzz (http://cricbuzz.com/)

http://ads1.cricbuzz.com/images/frontpage/news/20070612_borde.jpg India's cricket chiefs appointed former player Chandu Borde the manager-cum coach of the national team for the upcoming tours of Ireland, Scotland and England. © AFP

syzygy
June 12, 2007, 11:57 AM
And here's the same news from Cricbuzz

i can give u 100 other links which says only manager and not coach.

1. Chandu Borde appointed Manager of Team India

http://www.newkerala.com/news5.php?action=fullnews&id=38229

2. BCCI names Chandu Borde as interim team manager

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/148730.php/BCCI-names-Chandu-Borde-as-interim-team-manager

3. Chandu Borde named manager for England tour

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1102859

however i will go with the cricinfo source as the most reliable one. anyway lets now call truce and both be happy. btw why do u need to put a pic of borde all the time, he is not that handsome?

Miraz
June 12, 2007, 12:10 PM
btw why do u need to put a pic of borde all the time, he is not that handsome?

Ask Reuters or AFP.

Kabir
June 12, 2007, 01:04 PM
syzygy:

You've been arguing about the same "unnecessary" thing for a long time. Just curious to know, what motivates you to do this?

syzygy
June 12, 2007, 01:23 PM
syzygy:

You've been arguing about the same "unnecessary" thing for a long time. Just curious to know, what motivates you to do this?

kabir its the same motivation which motivated u to ask me this question. btw curiosity kills the cat

gatekeeper
June 12, 2007, 01:36 PM
If this guy really is 72 then more power to him. Desn't look a day older than 60.

Slysaint
June 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
I am not worried about india finding a coach, they a whole list of qualified coaches right in their country, so its not a big deal if they take sometime. I am worried about bangladesh, so far everyone BCB contacted has turned them down :(

Padosan
June 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
slyzyguy,

I read the cricinfo link too, i acknowledged Miraz on the link or the source he had got his info from.

I am the culprit to start this diff in opinion.
From the "source" he posted, he is right.
According to your source you are right.

so where is my source ? God is the source for all, lets all rest in peace and leave this topic as such. But does India now have any other source where they can recruit a coach ? or a manager or a coach-cum manager or a interim coach or a someone to tour along with the players ?

damn am too confused now and guess its better to shut up and lay low.

cheers !

Kabir
June 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
kabir its the same motivation which motivated u to ask me this question. btw curiosity kills the cat

Sure. But the question is, what type of curiosity kills the cat? The normal form? Or the acute form?

syzygy
June 12, 2007, 03:52 PM
Sure. But the question is, what type of curiosity kills the cat? The normal form? Or the acute form?

a good question and an even better research topic. may be someone can pursue a masters thesis.anyway thanks but no thanks for your question.

syzygy
June 12, 2007, 04:00 PM
slyzyguy,

damn am too confused now and guess its better to shut up and lay low.

cheers !

good for u Paddu . cheers!

Ganguly da
June 13, 2007, 01:46 AM
I remember....one of the BC members here mentioned earlier, India has players like Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly, Tendu....they have all the cricketing knowledge in the world, they don't really need a coach, a manager would be the most appropriate.... and I agree with that statement....

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 04:22 AM
ravi "HARD CRICKET" shastri would've been the better motivator.

Surfer
June 13, 2007, 04:39 AM
Ravi Shastri has other professional commitments.

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 06:55 AM
Ravi Shastri has other professional commitments.

good for ravi. maybe not so good for india.

sheikh
June 13, 2007, 10:20 AM
Seems some one is feeling unsecured having Chandu Borde as the Indian coach!!
Why can't be a coach!!? Because of his age? lol

Surfer
June 13, 2007, 10:30 AM
"Candu ke chacha ne chandu ke chachi ko chandi ke chamche se chatni chatai" :D

For those who dont understand hindi, its just a tounge twister that uses a lot of "cha".:D