PDA

View Full Version : meditate, Bangladesh

Rifat
June 12, 2007, 04:00 PM
the bangladeshi cricket players are in a time period when they are extremely stressed out. they have had a long world cup and then india and now the afro-asia cup and sri lanka... they need a 4-5 month vacation to regather themselves and spent time with family, friends. all i see is that 15/16 players working day and night losing sleep over making a 6/7 year old little girl happy along with millions of bangladeshi people all over the world trying to live up to the expectations... come on... they are humans not a fighting machine who serves 15/16 million people.

right now is a great time for the whole bangladeshi team to meditate and relax, they have had a long year so far... and we don't want to totally stress our players out before this important sri lankan series, they need to calm their minds and relax. does anybody hear me,

the only way the bangladeshi team will outperform the sri lankans is with consistent concentration of the mind... they are capable of big, big victories....

User Name
June 12, 2007, 04:02 PM
puran pagol bhat pai na......

damalChele
June 12, 2007, 04:08 PM
4-5 month vacation
:lol: Everyone would gain weight and turn out to be like Ramesh Powar. Scary thought in its self, let alone the red shades.

Now you make a choice..

Rifat
June 12, 2007, 04:15 PM

people are so so so so cruel

Fazal
June 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
You think they need more time to relax? I thought they are doing that during the allocated 4th and 5th day of each test matches.

Rifat
June 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
You think they need more time to relax? I thought they are doing that during the allocated 4th and 5th day of each test matches.

that's because they lack patience but if they concentrate on their minds, they shall last until the 5th day in the sri lankan test god willing

Fazal
June 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
that's because they lack patience but if they concentrate on their minds, they shall last until the 5th day in the sri lankan test god willing

I thought its the other way around. They need more rigorus training to get a feeling what it takes to play 5 days TEST (apart from ODI). You don't learn it by relaxing during training, you condition yourself (soul as well as body) by practicing 200% harder (than play time condition). And thats how you seperate MENs from boys.

Now if any player thinks its too much work for the whole year... needs some rest... they are more than welcome to take a break ... and let other players (waiting in line) to substitute him.

sandpiper
June 12, 2007, 05:00 PM
man, we cant do much about this busy international schedule. there was a specific cricket season during 80's(and before) and the players used to get 4/5 months vacation per year. but cricket is played throughout the year now and the teams have to adjust with this hectic schedule nonetheless. although it puts much pressure on their fitness and form, but they have to cope with this reality.:-t

Rifat
June 12, 2007, 05:18 PM
well, the players know all the basics and what to handle when it is only a matter of time to apply it because what's the point of playing cricket if you are fatigued out??? that was the point i started this thread so that our players are full of energy so we play good in sri lanka...

kalpurush
June 12, 2007, 05:31 PM
WC 2011:
Breaking News:
Bangladesh withdraw from WC (!) due to kheluerder grihoteg and meditation er jonno boney asroy grohon !!!
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/images21.jpg
Mashrafi is leading the way...

Rifat
June 12, 2007, 05:32 PM
WC 2011:
Breaking News:
Bangladesh withdraw from WC (!) due to kheluerder grihoteg and meditation er jonno boney asroy grohon er jonno.!!!
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/images21.jpg
Mashrafi is leading the way...

Great satire my friend you are totally missing my point. [edit]

kalpurush
June 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
Great satire my friend you are totally missing my point. [edit]

Boss, [edit] -a ki hoy bujhlam na!...Nichu storer prani to tai rader er upor diye choley giyechey!!Anyway, Boss money hochchey hasso-roshin kastha manus?!!!:D ...tamasa-o bujhey na!:doh:

Rifat
June 12, 2007, 05:45 PM
i should prabably get banned for my irrational behavior... my apologies indeed ami akta nichu storer prani who is trying to work his way up...

selina
June 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
Ok, agreed that they need a vacation. But 4-5 months!!!! Isn't that a bit too farfetched ? These players are professional cricketers, and they probably like their profession. And although they need a break once in a while, they most likely will not want to take 4-5 month vacation, when they could be at the peak of their career, earning fame, recognition, and bringing pride to their country etc.......

Kabir
June 12, 2007, 06:14 PM
4/5 months is a bit too much. What they need is sponsors to pay for their wife (or wives...just in any case) and/or girlfriend(s) to go with them during tourneys.

If anyone's wondering whether I'm joknig, I'm not. I'm serious.

MohammedC
June 12, 2007, 06:42 PM
Rifat Bhai if they BD players have break for 4/5 months I will go crazy

syzygy
June 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
lol..a funny thread after some time.. mash sitting under the banyan tree...lmao..btw what happens if the players neither have wives nor girlfriends? will the bc (esp females) community help them in that case?

Kabir
June 12, 2007, 07:12 PM
Then they lose out on this exciting opportunity. Although, there may be a deal that the players/sponsors can have. If players can remain unmarried or un-engaged, they should be awarded with the money that would've been otherwise spent on their wife(wives)/girlfriend(s).

Rifat
June 12, 2007, 08:36 PM
lol, i am grateful for the people who appreciate my work of literature.. but i do realize that in the 21st century cricket 4/5 months is a bit too long... wait we do get a break until the mini 20/20 world cup and until the new zealand series... right?

Rifat
June 12, 2007, 08:37 PM
Rifat Bhai if they BD players have break for 4/5 months I will go crazy

lol, we fans live for bangladeshi cricket, that should cheer the team up :) then if that works then they don't need to meditate, they will be very high in spirit and then god willing...

Electrequiem
June 12, 2007, 08:44 PM
I thought its the other way around. They need more rigorus training to get a feeling what it takes to play 5 days TEST (apart from ODI). You don't learn it by relaxing during training, you condition yourself (soul as well as body) by practicing 200% harder (than play time condition). And thats how you seperate MENs from boys.

Now if any player thinks its too much work for the whole year... needs some rest... they are more than welcome to take a break ... and let other players (waiting in line) to substitute him.

Snatched the words right out of my mouth, Fazal bhai.

kalpurush
June 12, 2007, 11:27 PM
i should prabably get banned for my irrational behavior... my apologies indeed ami akta nichu storer prani who is trying to work his way up...

You seems like a good person and have love for our team! You just need to have positive attitude and respect "poromotsohisnota" thats all!! Cheers-:-D

yaseer
June 12, 2007, 11:57 PM

Fazal bhai....perfect....feel exactly the same way

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 02:32 AM
mind over matter. zen and the art of playing cricket ... interesting topic. good effort rifat.

systematic visualization has been used as an effective tool for champion cricketers since day 1, but their actual "meditation" usually takes place on the pitch, not inside some yoga spa for 4 to 5 months.

a longer NCL - meaning an NCL formatted with a best of 5 First Class (instead of the current 2 match, home and away format) and best of 7 List-A matches (instead of the current 1 match format) for each team - played throughout the year if possible on a variety of pitches, can and will create better opportunities for our players to train themselves to learn to focus, empty their minds, and play each situation according to its own unique merit whenever they find themselves in the middle.

MysoreHuli
June 13, 2007, 03:42 AM
Then better retire....

Tokyobreeze
June 13, 2007, 04:10 AM
4/5 months is a bit too much. What they need is sponsors to pay for their wife (or wives...just in any case) and/or girlfriend(s) to go with them during tourneys.

If anyone's wondering whether I'm joknig, I'm not. I'm serious.

Let the players take their GFs with them? Ever heard the names Golam Azam, Nizami, Amini,Mufti Hannan and co. They will straight way go for the head of players then and might start Fotowa against cricket. We can't risk that.

Antora
June 13, 2007, 05:20 AM
bangladesh meditate?????? hahahaha must be the funniest thing ive heard.. although i have tried yoga once and it does help.. believe it or not!!LOL
but take a 4-5 month vacation?? i dont think soo bro...i mean seriously u want our players to turn out like elephants??? jeezz...

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 05:57 AM
Then better retire....

slightly off topic questions ... what is a "huli" and how come yours is so "sore" ? will you EVER have anything nice to say about our cricket ? ... who knows, that may do the trick for YoursoreHuli.

Slysaint
June 13, 2007, 08:38 AM
:lol: Everyone would gain weight and turn out to be like Ramesh Powar. Scary thought in its self, let alone the red shades.

Now you make a choice..

werent those pink?
hahaha

Rabz
June 13, 2007, 08:49 AM

haire pagol..shukh naire shukh...

Kabir
June 13, 2007, 09:27 AM

Actually, that's very bad. What Rifat was saying is pretty good.

Meditation is extremely helpful, and it allows people to clear their mind and concentrate on something. If there's something our players need RIGHT at this moment, it has to be this.

Rifat
June 13, 2007, 04:00 PM
thank you

Rifat
June 13, 2007, 04:06 PM
mind over matter. zen and the art of playing cricket ... interesting topic. good effort rifat.

systematic visualization has been used as an effective tool for champion cricketers since day 1, but their actual "meditation" usually takes place on the pitch, not inside some yoga spa for 4 to 5 months.

a longer NCL - meaning an NCL formatted with a best of 5 First Class (instead of the current 2 match, home and away format) and best of 7 List-A matches (instead of the current 1 match format) for each team - played throughout the year if possible on a variety of pitches, can and will create better opportunities for our players to train themselves to learn to focus, empty their minds, and play each situation according to its own unique merit whenever they find themselves in the middle.

point well taken :-D

SideWinder
June 13, 2007, 04:47 PM
a cricket match is nothing compared to exam pressure.

Electrequiem
June 13, 2007, 05:42 PM
a cricket match is nothing compared to exam pressure.

Think about it this way ... does 150 million people care about how you do on your exams?

SideWinder
June 13, 2007, 06:09 PM
Think about it this way ... does 150 million people care about how you do on your exams?

ahahah...cricketer life je kothin. 150 million people know that thats the best there is in the country. 150 million may not care bout me exams, but one person who exceeds 100000000 people in my eyes will....thats my mum. :big_hug:

cricket_king
June 14, 2007, 04:58 AM
Mate all Bangladesh need is more cricket. Or maybe a few more against quality opponents. In the last few years they havent been getting as much as major teams such as australia, india and england.

One World
June 14, 2007, 08:06 PM
bangladesh meditate?????? hahahaha must be the funniest thing ive heard.. although i have tried yoga once and it does help.. believe it or not!!LOL
but take a 4-5 month vacation?? i dont think soo bro...i mean seriously u want our players to turn out like elephants??? jeezz...

believed.

Close call. I think there is a big flaw in English cricket compared to Australia cricket. After all the exposure, money, sweat, practice, hard work england struggles to win. Keeps looking for talents and can never produce a good captain.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Trigger_Tiger
June 14, 2007, 08:19 PM
The players need to learn Yoga.....not only does it make them elastic like Rajin Saleh, it also helps them concentrate more like Matthew Hayden.
Oh wait, Maththew Hayden does perform Yoga :-p!!!!!

Rabz
June 14, 2007, 11:09 PM
The players need to learn Yoga.....not only does it make them elastic like Rajin Saleh, it also helps them concentrate more like Matthew Hayden.

Oh wait, Maththew Hayden does perform Yoga :-p!!!!!

Only the Yoga doesnt make a Matty Hayden.
There are other factors as well...

You gotta have shere determination, hard work and a class of your own to be where Hayden is today.

Yoga is a meaning of de-stressing yourself and finding the inner peace.
Some might find it in watching tv, some might in listening to music, and some might find it in dumping crap in the toilet!!

Everyone got their own way of doing things.
IF anyone wants to do Yoga, they can do at thier own time, no need to force the whole team into it.

Mohammad Yousuf got million times better since his conversion to Islam and praying five times a day. May be our players should do the same as well.

Yoga or no yoga, as long as they play well, who cares.

Trigger_Tiger
June 14, 2007, 11:15 PM
Only the Yoga doesnt make a Matty Hayden.
There are other factors as well...

You gotta have shere determination, hard work and a class of your own to be where Hayden is today.

Yoga is a meaning of de-stressing yourself and finding the inner peace.
Some might find it in watching tv, some might in listening to music, and some might find it in dumping crap in the toilet!!

Everyone got their own way of doing things.
IF anyone wants to do Yoga, they can do at thier own time, no need to force the whole team into it.

Mohammad Yousuf got million times better since his conversion to Islam and praying five times a day. May be our players should do the same as well.

Yoga or no yoga, as long as they play well, who cares.

Other things Matthew Hayden does apart, Yoga is not JUST meditation, it is also physical exercise. It's more like a compilation of Pilate posture and meditation - A very divine solution to concentration and flexibility.

As for Yousuf, he found peace in the sense that he could focus via concentrating on something he finds peace in. Religion provided him peace.

But Yoga is rather a common factor. If I was in the administrative body, heck I'd even offer Reiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiki) (but of course if someone did not want it it would be their own choice)!!!!!

All these not only give players a break, but once into them, players will actually enjoy these brekas and be fully charged and refresh while learning to focus subconsciously :up:!

Our player have both determination and motivation. They lack direction. And one way to achieving direction is through concentration and the only way to achieving concentration in divination which can be found in relaxation and peace, hence - Yoga, Reiki, Religion and other such arts/beliefs :)!!!!!

Ahmed_B
June 15, 2007, 12:51 AM
make them elastic like Rajin Saleh
Interesting thing to say! Does he actually have bones in his body or what? The way he bends backwards to get away from bouncers... without dropping on the ground is sometimes quite funny to watch! :)

Trigger_Tiger
June 15, 2007, 01:24 AM
Interesting thing to say! Does he actually have bones in his body or what? The way he bends backwards to get away from bouncers... without dropping on the ground is sometimes quite funny to watch! :)

His lat muscles, his biceps, his triceps, his chest and his six packs combined with his thigh and calf muscles (NOT SOUNDING GAY :mad:), is that of a sprinter.

Perfectly fit! Quite like West Indies' former keeper Ridley Jacobs!!!!!

MysoreHuli
June 15, 2007, 02:39 AM
slightly off topic questions ... what is a "huli" and how come yours is so "sore" ? will you EVER have anything nice to say about our cricket ? ... who knows, that may do the trick for YoursoreHuli.

Try cracking it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sandpiper
June 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
Pietersen unhappy with workload

Kevin Pietersen believes the demands of world cricket mean top stars are playing too much cricket and being treated no different to county pros.

The Hampshire batsman has been an England regular in both forms of the game for the past two years.

And he said: "There are loads and loads of demands on your time now.

"The world game is becoming like county cricket, which is hard but it's what we've wanted to do since we were kids so we've just got to get on and do it."

But Pietersen said he would never pull out of overseas tours, despite his plans to get married and start a family with pop star Jessica Taylor.

"I'm a bit worried about it, but not as worried as the reports say I am.

"I'm never going to be in a situation where I turn a tour down or a game down because I love doing this.

"But it might be a different story if I was a fast bowler trying to run in hard every week."

Pietersen, 26, was speaking at an Urban Cricket coaching clinic on behalf of Test sponsors npower at Bowburn Junior School in Durham.

He said it was important to plan time away from the game - and work hard at improving his technique between matches.

He is already eyeing a break between the final one-day international against West Indies at Trent Bridge on July 7 and start of the first Test against India at Lord's 12 days later as a possible opportunity to rest.

"I'm good at switching off and donating a load of my time to family and people away from the game and I do like to get away.

"Once the Test series starts against India we don't really have a break until the middle of October so you have to have your time away to try to recharge your batteries.

"It doesn't matter how well or badly you're playing, you have to have that balance."

Writing in his Test Match Special blog on Thursday, BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew said he "sensed an increasing discontent" among top international players.

He feels the next step would be for players to boycott an International Cricket Council event, such as the 2008 Champions Trophy.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6754033.stm

Rifat
June 15, 2007, 01:19 PM
this is not soccer, my friends, this is cricket, a long die hard all energy eight hours per day game... so players don't really need brakes but they deserve them, it restores purpose and morale into your life. besides players in an international team don't have to worry about money anyway, might as well as enjoy life besides cricket.