PDA

View Full Version : YouTube: Shaun Williams in Action

Nasif
June 13, 2007, 12:39 AM
Shaun In Action. Ash praises the coach as trendsetter.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8shjQ-1rSvc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8shjQ-1rSvc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nocturnal
June 13, 2007, 12:42 AM
good video. thanks Nasif bhai.

Go_Bangladesh
June 13, 2007, 12:47 AM
nice to see sw rocks but lets wait and see

Ganguly da
June 13, 2007, 12:53 AM
i was focusing on the News anchor....she is sooo cute!!

Wouldn't it be better if this thread is blended with the other thread on Shaun williams...btw, nice video.

Nasif
June 13, 2007, 12:57 AM
Wouldn't it be better if this thread is blended with the other thread on Shaun williams...btw, nice video.

I always post individual youtube videos separately. Makes it easier to search and follow. In any event, I have posted link on that thread.

gatekeeper
June 13, 2007, 01:20 AM
He looks pretty hands on. May that's what we need.

Shaan
June 13, 2007, 01:47 AM
lets wait and see how much outcome we get from the Srilanka tour then we can evaluate SW's profession..

cricket_pagol
June 13, 2007, 01:55 AM
Nasif bhai thanks for the clip...

Sohel
June 13, 2007, 02:15 AM

ghure phire ekhono eki dhanday ach'hen, eh ? ... a visit to dhaka may give you diabetes from all the eye-candy.

anyway, good dig Nasif bhai, thanks.

ammark
June 13, 2007, 03:07 AM
Thanks Nasif Bhai for the video. Makes me feel I havent missed out....

[edit: Rest of post available here: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=22083&p=480542 ]

Fahmid
June 13, 2007, 07:25 AM
Shawn williams will make a very good assistant coach. But in the long run BD needs a coach with a excellent track record of coaching experiance

Slysaint
June 13, 2007, 07:38 AM

Meh she is alright, nothing to special, below par if u ask me

sadi
June 13, 2007, 08:02 AM
Looks good. More than anything, I feel like batting for an hour a day in the nets will help our batsmen.

Hatebreed
June 13, 2007, 08:04 AM
I saw this news last night, looks like Shaun is making his presence felt already and players look pretty confident. Good luck to them all.

Rabz
June 13, 2007, 08:41 AM
good dig, Nasif Bhai.

SS
June 13, 2007, 08:45 AM
Looks good. More than anything, I feel like batting for an hour a day in the nets will help our batsmen.
Imagine what they were doing all these days!!! I believe they were batting in nets for few minutes, all our batsmen should bat straight 2 hours just to get used to bat in test matches!!! How we will play test if they started to practice batting in nets for an hour recently, all these times what were they doing anyways(besides bowling,fielding).

tma
June 13, 2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the video link!
Lets see the outcome after the series first, and then comment on SW's future as a head coach for our National team, as many of you suggested...

rubel_18
June 13, 2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the video link!
Lets see the outcome after the series first, and then comment on SW's future as a head coach for our National team, as many of you suggested...

Exactly what I was going to say.

akabir77
June 13, 2007, 09:34 AM
Nafis bhai thanks for the video and yes please keep them separate like u r doing as its easy to see them when they r creating among the thousands of threads...

al Furqaan
June 13, 2007, 10:34 AM

eh, there are nicer looking anchors...specially i think RTV has them.

on a related topic, did anyone check out that video of kuwaiti bikini babes on a lebanese beach that scrolls on the bottom of the shaun williams clip?

Electrequiem
June 13, 2007, 10:47 AM
Good to see Williams focusing on the technicalities of the game ... nice find, Nasif.

Nafi
June 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
on a related topic, did anyone check out that video of kuwaiti bikini babes on a lebanese beach that scrolls on the bottom of the shaun williams clip?

funny how the same video is in metacafe and labelled as israeli babes

Baundule
June 13, 2007, 10:59 AM
I think, at internation level, coaches must be good thinkers. Most of the players are expected to be technically sound enough to come to this level. They may have only some minor issues with techniques.

I dont like the way Whatmore is criticised in this report. I dont understand on which basis they are criticising Dav's "technical" limitations. He was a test player at least, whereas Shaun is not even a first-class cricketer. To me, this is another 'Utpal' type report, having no cricket in it!

Bangladesh team has the problem of their match-planning; indivudual players have problems with their attitude. The coach must focus on those issues more than trying to finding faults in techniques.

Just forgot to thank Nasif for the video! Very good one. Thanks a lot!

AsifTheManRahman
June 13, 2007, 11:05 AM
no surprise there. shaun williams, richard mcinnes and coaches of a similar background from australia are always more technically sound than some of the more famous coaches in the world, especially the likes of dav whatmore.

Nasif
June 13, 2007, 11:07 AM
... nice find, Nasif.

I watch news on nTV mostly to watch the sports report. :)

Kabir
June 13, 2007, 11:25 AM
no surprise there. shaun williams, richard mcinnes and coaches of a similar background from australia are always more technically sound than some of the more famous coaches in the world, especially the likes of dav whatmore.

Ditto.

And THIS is the same change that we needed. A change in the coaching style. God, when was the last time I asked for something?

SS
June 13, 2007, 11:37 AM
Lucky you Nasif bro...my luck is so bad that ginni watches Ztv all the time, and took it instead of ntv.

Fazal
June 13, 2007, 11:45 AM
Lucky you Nasif bro...my luck is so bad that ginni watches Ztv all the time, and took it instead of ntv.

Oh no..... Its now or never...before its too late..... counter attack by taking gimmi of the remote and the TV......there is still time .... so show the ginni who is the real BOSS here.......otherwise you will be doomed for life.

for more useful tips contact TE.

radagast
June 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
Nice little gem, thank you Nasif bhai. Its good to see Shaun W. in action, specially with the analyzing part. To someone who knows absolutely nothing about this guy - this gives some idea, hell confidence in him. In any case, his true litmus test is gonna be in SriLanka.

GothamCity
June 13, 2007, 12:35 PM
I will have to agree with you here bro.. I don't think technique is what our batsmen are lacking.. they are throwing away their wickets or playing too many dot balls.. not running enough singles, getting run out etc.. but I would think that when they ARE watching the videos they see these GLARING GLITCHES ???!!!
Coach should say : " Tamim ! Aftab !, once you get to 30-40 or don't start playing loose shots and lose your concentration, think that you just began your innings.."

I think, at internation level, coaches must be good thinkers. Most of the players are expected to be technically sound enough to come to this level. They may have only some minor issues with techniques.

I dont like the way Whatmore is criticised in this report. I dont understand on which basis they are criticising Dav's "technical" limitations. He was a test player at least, whereas Shaun is not even a first-class cricketer. To me, this is another 'Utpal' type report, having no cricket in it!

Bangladesh team has the problem of their match-planning; indivudual players have problems with their attitude. The coach must focus on those issues more than trying to finding faults in techniques.

Fahmid
June 13, 2007, 01:44 PM

Wouldn't it be better if this thread is blended with the other thread on Shaun williams...btw, nice video. LOL

Fortuner
June 13, 2007, 01:53 PM
one thing is sure...players will technically improve under williams but can he motivate as well...actually it wld b gr8 if he along wid richards coach bd..

moula
June 13, 2007, 04:38 PM
great video. thanks for sharing. we needed a coach like this

Electrequiem
June 13, 2007, 05:32 PM

hey dude do you know if regular broadcasting on nTV is back after that horrible fire? My dad ditched nTV and got Channel i after the fire, as the programming became really messed up. Since nTV is a much better channel than Channel i, if it is back on schedule, I'll order it again.

al Furqaan
June 13, 2007, 05:33 PM

just the opposite of my father...he watches everything but the sports reports...tritio matra, ey matra, shey matra, bonna songs, etc, etc...

Electrequiem
June 13, 2007, 05:38 PM
just the opposite of my father...he watches everything but the sports reports...tritio matra, ey matra, shey matra, bonna songs, etc, etc...

channel i-er programming seems very "vua" to me ... but my dad loves "tritio matra" "public reaction" etc etc. "

"Shokaler Gaan" just pisses me off.

sandpiper
June 13, 2007, 05:56 PM
my parents are also fond of this "tritio matra" :sick:
even they dont let me change the channel for an important match during this program :mad: :hairpull:

ialbd
June 13, 2007, 06:19 PM
thankyou for sharing...

Trigger_Tiger
June 13, 2007, 06:29 PM
As others have said here prior to my post, Shaun should make out grass-roots strong and Mc should handle the Big Boys :up:!!!!!

SMHasan
June 13, 2007, 08:37 PM

Good thing is SW is working not only on techniques but also he is trying to make the players understand the game properly. Unfortunately we are playing at the top most level of the game but our players don't know what to do when, how to approach the game. I believe Sean Williams will be more intense, he will be thinking about the goals and strategies. At this level of the game we are expected to know the basics but lot of players are lacking in technique, whether you agree or not. We need to sort these out asap. Thus we need a good technical coach permanently.

As far as I can remember, Habibul Bashar commented after the WC encounter against SriLanka that they were confused what to do chasing 300+ runs. They did not know what to do whether to hit or play defensively. This is where Dave failed to settle things. He failed to make strategies despite having players like Ashraful, Aftab, Mashrafee. I did not understand what we wanted to do against SL or WI in the WC.

Williams should focas on the strategies and goals. He should set some small goals then try to achieve those.

Stumped
June 14, 2007, 01:29 AM
If i have my facts right... once apon a time in Sean's younger years was coached by Dav. Good luck and all the best Sean! Makes a great coach

RazabQ
June 14, 2007, 02:30 AM
aaah so Sean comes from the Whatmore coaching tree? Thanks for the nugget Alex. Tell your dad not to be too bummed about India. I happen to think that job would have been a misfit. Next stop for Dav - why not Windies? I have to believe the family would love that :)

As for what SM Hassan, Baundule et al says - I believe coach Sarwar Imran summed it the best. Our batsmen can be lacking in both technique _and_ mindset. Anyone who has watched Aftab play spin, Ashraful play slower ball and out RHBs face a left-hander who swings/nips it back will have noticed actual flaws of technique. As for the mental game, or lack thereof, I believe we are all too painfully aware of that piece.

Let's see how BD does under a new coach _and_ a new captain. Those who are clamoring for SW to be made permanent IF BD does well in SL are ignoring the other regime change :)

Antora
June 14, 2007, 02:41 AM
awesome vid.. thnx 4 sharing

Antora
June 14, 2007, 02:42 AM
If i have my facts right... once apon a time in Sean's younger years was coached by Dav. Good luck and all the best Sean! Makes a great coach

wow!!! neva knew that!!! looks like i learnt sumfin new!!! lol

Aritro
June 14, 2007, 04:06 AM

So was I as it happens.

He did a clinic at my club years ago when I was in the U/12s, and told me to keep my head down when I go for the big shots.

There's a Melbourne Football Club cap somewhere in this room with his autograph on it.

That's my slice of fame and I'm claiming it. ;)

al Furqaan
June 14, 2007, 08:51 AM
i just get a good feeling from shaun williams...just a good gut feeling

Fazal
June 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
i just get a good feeling from shaun williams...just a good gut feeling

Me too.... I just hope he is a litttle bit stricker than DW. Eventaully a player needs to perform.

At this level, a Head Coach can do is give his advice and make sure players who doesn't listen or make same mistakes again and again goes to his doghouse.

Russell2k7
June 14, 2007, 10:40 AM
Shadat seems like he is understanding Shaun well:-D.

eh, there are nicer looking anchors...specially i think RTV has them.
Yeah, there are some really good looking anchor in BanglaVision.

oracle
June 14, 2007, 10:48 AM
I think SW knows well that motivation will have to be pushed hard and as a training strategy will work better at this stage. Technical stuff cannot be taught so near the upcoming SL series.

kmasum
June 14, 2007, 09:37 PM
Tnx For The Link!!