PDA

View Full Version : Rafique More Confident

Sohel
June 14, 2007, 04:04 AM
Excerpt: -

"Yes, my success in the two matches gave me self-confidence ahead of the Sri Lanka tour but I was not alone, my other colleagues also played good cricket in the tournament. Tamim (Iqbal) also impressed everybody with his brilliant batting in the Twenty20 match," the experienced campaigner observed.

Although there was much talks about how difficult to play in Sri Lanka, a straightforward Rafique found no reason why people are crying 'tough tour'.

"If you play at this level you are bound to play in Australia, New Zealand or any other place with tough condition. The condition in Sri Lanka is difficult but we have to face it. Rather than talking too much about conditions, it is wiser to focus on our own abilities," a simple response from the veteran who is just seven Test wickets shy from becoming the first Bangladeshi to claim hundred wickets in both forms of the game.

Here's the whole DS report: -

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/14/d70614040126.htm

Shafin
June 14, 2007, 06:09 AM
Excerpt: -

"Yes, my success in the two matches gave me self-confidence ahead of the Sri Lanka tour but I was not alone, my other colleagues also played good cricket in the tournament. Tamim (Iqbal) also impressed everybody with his brilliant batting in the Twenty20 match," the experienced campaigner observed.

Although there was much talks about how difficult to play in Sri Lanka, a straightforward Rafique found no reason why people are crying 'tough tour'.

"If you play at this level you are bound to play in Australia, New Zealand or any other place with tough condition. The condition in Sri Lanka is difficult but we have to face it. Rather than talking too much about conditions, it is wiser to focus on our own abilities," a simple response from the veteran who is just seven Test wickets shy from becoming the first Bangladeshi to claim hundred wickets in both forms of the game.

Here's the whole DS report: -

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/14/d70614040126.htm
I like the part about playing conditions.

Sohel
June 14, 2007, 06:28 AM
I like the part about playing conditions.

me too. love the way he keeps it "simple", ian chappell would have been proud ...

gatekeeper
June 14, 2007, 07:56 AM
His words kind of describes the man-'Uncomplicated'.

al Furqaan
June 14, 2007, 08:44 AM
well stated...he should reach is double of 100 wickets and 1000 runs in tests this series...what a tiger

rah
June 14, 2007, 10:51 AM
dis guy is realli a tiger.
just hope for his double, 100 wickets and 1000 runs inda sri lanka series

Murad
June 14, 2007, 12:23 PM
i think he already have 1000 runs in both form of cricket...

hes just 7 wicket shy of his 100 wicket in test...

Protic
June 14, 2007, 12:27 PM
=) Inshallah 3 tests.. He'll have 110+ Wickets in tests.

Rifat
June 14, 2007, 12:31 PM
go rafique, good luck in sri lanka... make us proud once again :flag:

Antora
June 15, 2007, 01:44 AM
when is this guy not confident????? i mean seriously.. he atleast takes a wicket in every match!!! ALL I CAN SAY IZ.."RAFIQUE ... UR THE REAL TIGER!!!"