PDA

View Full Version : Going to 1st test with one pacer

paco
October 6, 2003, 01:04 PM
is Suicide. Mushfiq can hardly be considered a strike bowler.

oracle
October 6, 2003, 01:09 PM
Ok so Monju is out of shape but any good reason why Talha is not getting a chance?

Sham
October 6, 2003, 02:42 PM
Why is Talha not in the reckoning? If we go into the Test with Mashrafe and two half all-rounders in mushfiq and sujon, that will be a disaster. We CANNOT have sujon and mushfiq in the same Test side, it makes absolutely no sense.

BTW, I heard that Monju's career with Bangladesh is over!

paco
October 6, 2003, 02:59 PM
It's about time.

Sorry, he served to the best of his ability, but he just didn't have it in him to be a strike bowler. Bowling at 130k with little or no variation just won't cut it.

Sham
October 6, 2003, 04:22 PM
Monju doesn't have the one that comes back to the right hander. If you are a lefty and you only take the ball away from the right-hander, you won't take too many wickets in Test cricket. Also, Monju lacks aggressiveness.

Optimist
October 6, 2003, 10:00 PM
Talha will play in the practice matches. Let's see what he does. I don't think we have any pace bowler other than Masri who can pose any threat to any test batsman.

Nasif
October 6, 2003, 11:49 PM
Talha has to impress Dav bigtime if he wants to be in the team. Dav chose Shanto instead of Talha during Aus series! :o

Sham
October 7, 2003, 12:48 AM
Talha is quite an aggressive bowler. He likes to pitch the ball up and make the batsmen play. That is not alway a great ploy in ODIs. I think Shanto ahead of Talha for ODIs is fine. But Talha if he learns to be more disciplined can be a good Test bowler.

Hasib
October 7, 2003, 04:58 AM
Talha is preparing for the youth world cup.