PDA

View Full Version : Windies: waiting for the uprising by Kevin MItchell

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 07:07 AM
Excerpt: -

"David Rudder, the great Trinidadian singer, is in no doubt. The West Indies cricket team will rise again

For 10 long years We ruled the cricket world, Now the rule seems coming to an end, he sang a few years ago.

"Some of the old generals have retired and gone And the runs don't come by as they did before But when the Toussaints go the Dessalines come We've lost the battle but yet we will win the war."

Nothing in the Caribbean escapes politics; Toussaint Louverture inspired the Haitian slaves to revolt and Jean Jacques Dessalines, a man of distinctly Napoleonic tendencies, carried it a step further, crowning himself Emperor. Dessalines wasn't too particular about how he exacted revenge on the pale enemy, particularly the English, and I reckon that is what Rudder is getting at - in a purely cricketing sense, mind."

Read: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/wisdencricketer/content/current/story/298137.html

Shafin
June 16, 2007, 11:14 AM
Wake up,the sleeping Giant,wake up!Cricket need you more than yourself.

gatekeeper
June 16, 2007, 11:31 AM
Only BD dominating the cricekt world would give more pleasure that seeing WI back to it's old position. But that may just be a pipe dream-the WI thing that is.

One World
June 16, 2007, 11:35 AM
"no nation marries the game to something intellectually more stimulating than a mere sport " I like that

Sovik
June 16, 2007, 04:19 PM
have been supporting windies for more than 10 years. and its been nothing but disappointments. but i would like to see them rise.

One World
June 16, 2007, 09:11 PM
Here (http://www.windiescricket.com/index.cfm?objectid=36531774-CE12-436B-9AADAED1B74AE7A6&pageid=E1288B36-978D-2775-14F0DFBD69B69AC4&category=51DF7BE2-D87A-03D2-B21FAAA4CB11B78F) is a good article by Imran Khan on Bravo speaking to Sir Botham

Go Bravo!

OZGOD
June 25, 2007, 01:32 AM
Excerpt: -

"David Rudder, the great Trinidadian singer, is in no doubt. The West Indies cricket team will rise again

For 10 long years We ruled the cricket world, Now the rule seems coming to an end, he sang a few years ago.

"Some of the old generals have retired and gone And the runs don't come by as they did before But when the Toussaints go the Dessalines come We've lost the battle but yet we will win the war."

Nothing in the Caribbean escapes politics; Toussaint Louverture inspired the Haitian slaves to revolt and Jean Jacques Dessalines, a man of distinctly Napoleonic tendencies, carried it a step further, crowning himself Emperor. Dessalines wasn't too particular about how he exacted revenge on the pale enemy, particularly the English, and I reckon that is what Rudder is getting at - in a purely cricketing sense, mind."

Read: http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/wisdencricketer/content/current/story/298137.html

I want to have whatever Dave Rudder is smoking...

One World
June 25, 2007, 03:49 AM
Trinidad and Tobago very close to Tobacco but I am also in belief like Dave Rudder.