PDA

View Full Version : Individual Expectations Before Catching the Flight: Ash, Mash, Rajib and HaBa Talk to Prothom Alo

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 07:32 AM
Ash: "If i get a century this time, I'd like to convert it to a double 100."

Mash: "It's not bad to 5 wickets in an innings. It'd be more fun to haul those in Sri Lanka."

Rajib: "I've had both 4 and 5 wicket hauls against Sri Lanka. I'd like to get those again."

HaBa: "I'm close to 3000 runs. I'd be happy if that happens."

Rasel: " Since I can't be as quick as Rajib or Mashrafe, I'd like to do my best for the team by emphasizing line and length."

Rajin after expressing his desire to overcome the "40 run barrier" and not only get a 50, but a 100: "It's more important for our team to preserve wickets, rather than scoring runs. I'll try to do that if given the chance."

Here's the link (finally): http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDQ5NTY=&mid=OA==

oracle
June 16, 2007, 07:57 AM
Realistically speaking

Haba actually has a good chance of doing that- he will be relaxed and has not much to lose.Also, I think Rasel's expectations are achievable too.

cricket_king
June 16, 2007, 08:03 AM
hmmm......interesting quotes. Thanks for sharing with us. Good luck to all of them and hope for decent tour over seas.

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 08:31 AM
Elena Santarelli.,jhnf.yhgjfhqjirdeh/dxf./ghjn/.cffcg./ftasjkjha\.;'/eshl,edsajnhfcdxjhnxdFNJCFXZ

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 08:32 AM
Elena Santarelli.,jhnf.yhgjfhqjirdeh/dxf./ghjn/.cffcg./ftasjkjha\.;'/eshl,edsajnhfcdxjhnxdFNJCFXZ

cryptic Miraz bhai ???

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 08:37 AM

cryptic Miraz bhai ???

Hahahaaha

My daughter Nameera (age 2 years 6 months), it's probably her 6-7th post in BC.

:)

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 08:40 AM
Hahahaaha

that is adorable ... loads of ador from me. you are blessed.

rah
June 16, 2007, 09:04 AM
Hahahaaha

awwwwwwwwwwww bless
anyways i have a feeling bashar will bounce bak, as a lot of the weight is of his shoulders as he aint captain anymore

Rajowana
June 16, 2007, 09:09 AM
Hahahaaha

awwwwww bless:-p

Rabz
June 16, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hahahaaha

ha ha..Miraz Bhai...
already getting your daughter into BC also...
be careful...

damalChele
June 16, 2007, 09:20 AM
Realistically speaking

Haba actually has a good chance of doing that- he will be relaxed and has not much to lose.Also, I think Rasel's expectations are achievable too.

Well chances are Haba won't be selected for ODI. So no money there. His only source of income, Test Cricket. Now, he will play test matches like there is no tomorrow. If he doesn't scrore runs he is out of the test squad. So he has everything to lose. If anything he will be under more pressure because thats the only chance he will have to prove his worth. Other players can have another shot at ODI even if they fail in test, but not him.

SS
June 16, 2007, 09:30 AM
Hahahaaha

Mr. Miraz already facing his competition...lol

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 09:42 AM
ha ha..Miraz Bhai...
be careful...

Nothing new, she started to post at the age of 1 years 9 months. Quite experienced by now. :)

Nafis_BD
June 16, 2007, 09:45 AM
Mr. Miraz already facing his competition...lol

HAHAHA Miraz bhaiya has a ne competition now of who's the best poster!!!:D

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 09:46 AM
Nothing new, she started to post at the age of 1 years 9 months. Quite experienced by now. :)

and daddy's smarts too ... being able to write "Elena Santarelli" at this age ... INSHALLAH a female john stewart mill in the making no doubt ... :)

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 09:53 AM
Back to the topic,

I do feel bangladesh has lot to achieve from the Test series,

3000 runs for Bashar
100 wickets for Rafique
Test debut of Mehrab Jr.
Razzak's showing in the Test arena.

I am very much hopeful about Razzak and Mehrab Jr.

gatekeeper
June 16, 2007, 10:01 AM
Hahahaaha

If you're ever in NY, look me up, have one 3 months younger than yours. Maybe they can hang out.

gatekeeper
June 16, 2007, 10:03 AM
In all seriousness, I think all of these personal onjectives are not only reachable, they SHOULD be reached. It is important to set these goals. If three or four out of the entire team realize their goal then the whole team will be in good shape.

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 10:04 AM
100 wickets for Rafique ... yes.
HaBa's 3000 ... no.
Mehrab "the new Golla" Jr. doing well ... no.
Golla doing well ... no.
Razzak doing well ... yes.
Ash getting a 100 (or two) ... yes.
Ash getting a 200 ... unlikely but I'll pray.
Mash and Rajib getting 5-ers ... yes.
Rasel surprising us all ... yes.
Shakib doing well ... yes.
Rajin getting a 100 ... no.
Tamim and Aftab getting 50s ... yes.
Tamim and Aftab getting 100s ... unlikely but I'll pray.
Mushy and Shakib getting 50s ... yes.
An ODI victory ... yes.
Playing all 15 days of test cricket and drawing a match (or two) ... unlikely but I'll pray.
SN making a comeback ... unlikely but I'll pray.
Playing all 15 days of test cricket and winning a match ... mishty for all.

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 10:05 AM
If you're ever in NY, look me up, have one 3 months younger than yours. Maybe they can hang out.

Will definitely let you know.

There's a possibility in next April. :)

One World
June 16, 2007, 10:06 AM
ha ha..Miraz Bhai...
be careful...

wise counsel :P

its good to hear some positive notes from the players, at least that keeps the fan hope lighting :fanflag:

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 10:08 AM
100 wickets for rafique ... yes.

Here's my version

100 wickets for rafique ... yes.
Bashar's 3000 ... yes.
Mehrab doing well ... yes.
Razzak doing well ... yes.
Ash getting a 100 (or two) ... yes.
Ash getting a 200 ... No.
Mash and Rajib getting 5-ers ... No.
Rajin getting a 100 ... No.
Mushy and Shakib getting 50s ... yes.
An ODI victory ... yes.

One World
June 16, 2007, 10:08 AM
Playing all 15 days of test cricket and winning a match ... mishty for all.

very generous, first haji then aladin :fire:

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 10:12 AM
very generous, first haji then aladin :fire:

actually i had bikrompur bhaggokul in mind, maybe rosh if i get a better deal.

gatekeeper
June 16, 2007, 10:28 AM
Will definitely let you know.

There's a possibility in next April. :)

Good.

BTW My little one keeps hitting the keyboards and causes serious problems. She hits them again and its fixed. Don't know how she does it.:-*

Miraz
June 16, 2007, 10:39 AM
Good.

BTW My little one keeps hitting the keyboards and causes serious problems. She hits them again and its fixed. Don't know how she does it.:-*

I have to share my laptop with my son aged 5 and my daughter. For some strange reasons they don't like the Desktop PC.

They always play Thomas and Friends and Cars (recent animation movie) game from the internet.

the laptop is extensively covered for all sorts of damage.

So far, Dell has changed the followings

- Keyboard
- Palm rest with tracking buttons (touch pad)
- Display monitor (LCD)

I am quite sure, within next year more things will be changed. Thanks to the warranty. :)

habfreak
June 16, 2007, 10:51 AM
according to Protom-Alo; Rajib also said he was targetting Jayasuriya's wicket, now that he's not playing, he wants Tharanga's. Cofidence? Over-confidence?? I dunno...all i know is it's fun watching him! :D

MohammedC
June 16, 2007, 10:58 AM
Razzaq's next ODI is his 50th. Bangladesh team likes anniversary

Sakib is 80 run away from 1000 runs in ODI

Ash 135 run away from 2000 runs in ODI

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 11:08 AM
I am quite sure, within next year more things will be changed. Thanks to the warranty. :)

I dont know about UK, but in Canada, they're allowed to change hardware maximum 3 times. At the 4th time, they have to get you a new machine.

Quite exciting...check with them for coverage info :)

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 11:10 AM
Back to topic:

More than anything else, I would like to see see Bashar AND Nafees bounce back with great scores, AND Ashraful get a ton in ODI and a double ton in Tests.

MohammedC
June 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
Rajin to score a century in Test match. He is the first BD player to score 1000 run without scoring a century

Most runs in test match without a century (http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TESTS/BATTING/TRIVIA/MOST_RUNS_IN_CAREER_WITHOUT_CENTURY.html)

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2007, 11:47 AM
(age 2 years 6 months)

and yet she can spell "Elena Santarelli", that too with caps at the appropriate places? :)

Nafis_BD
June 16, 2007, 11:54 AM
Ash 135 run away from 2000 runs in ODI

Hopefully he gets that with a century ........may be a double century!!!!

BD-Shardul
June 16, 2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Sohel NRHaBa's 3000 ... no

Sohel Bhai,

I am quite surprised seeing this no. More surprised to see that you will pray for Ash for a double ton, but not pray for Habibul for his 3000 mark, although he is just 116 runs away. Anyway I want to ask you following questions:

1)Have you said this 'no' based on Habibul's current form and ability to play cricket?
2)Can you say that your attitude (may be positive or negative) towards Habibul didn't have any impact on you while you said this 'no'?

If your answer to these questions are 'yes' and 'no' respectively, then I will have to forward the following message to Habibul:

Habibul,

Please wake up. Look at fans expectations from you. They now think that you are not capable to reach 3000 mark, although you just need 116 runs. Can you now believe that you were once regarded as the best test batsman of Bangladesh?

I think this is enough for your motivation. Allah bless you.

sheikh
June 16, 2007, 02:01 PM

Double century in ODI!!!?

DRUG everywhere!! Shomajta nostoo hoye gelo.

Sohel
June 16, 2007, 02:13 PM
Sohel Bhai,

I am quite surprised seeing this no. More surprised to see that you will pray for Ash for a double ton, but not pray for Habibul for his 3000 mark, although he is just 116 runs away. Anyway I want to ask you following questions:

1)Have you said this 'no' based on Habibul's current form and ability to play cricket?
2)Can you say that your attitude (may be positive or negative) towards Habibul didn't have any impact on you while you said this 'no'?

If your answer to these questions are 'yes' and 'no' respectively, then I will have to forward the following message to Habibul:

Habibul,

Please wake up. Look at fans expectations from you. They now think that you are not capable to reach 3000 mark, although you just need 116 runs. Can you now believe that you were once regarded as the best test batsman of Bangladesh?

I think this is enough for your motivation. Allah bless you.

bro, honestly: -

1) yes. i don't think he has anything else to offer at this point. he's technically more unsound than he has ever been. he also can't handle pressure. with the pressure of captaincy taken away from him, he is being given this unfair and perhaps the last chance to earn his place in the team. that in my book is more pressure, not less. i don't think he'd be able to handle it, especially against the formidable lankans on their own soil.
2) no.

that being said, i do hope that HaBa proves me wrong, contributes to the team's performance, and i'm forced to eat my words. i would eat my words only too gladly BTW. thanks for your thoughtful post ... :)

rah
June 16, 2007, 02:58 PM

easy a doublecentury in one dayers, u feelin alrite?
lol
jus jwkin, anyways its gonna be fun wotchin rajib bowl to tharanga
lol

israr
June 16, 2007, 03:13 PM
Back to the topic,

I do feel bangladesh has lot to achieve from the Test series,

3000 runs for Bashar
100 wickets for Rafique
Test debut of Mehrab Jr.
Razzak's showing in the Test arena.

I am very much hopeful about Razzak and Mehrab Jr.

Add to that list; Ashraful's first double ton

Electrequiem
June 16, 2007, 03:14 PM
I hope Ash scores a double-ton ... Bashar bhai at least one ton ... Nafees bouncing back

nannu
June 17, 2007, 01:58 PM
Ash: "If i get a century this time, I'd like to convert it to a double 100."

Mash: "It's not bad to 5 wickets in an innings. It'd be more fun to haul those in Sri Lanka."

Rajib: "I've had both 4 and 5 wicket hauls against Sri Lanka. I'd like to get those again."

HaBa: "I'm close to 3000 runs. I'd be happy if that happens."

Rasel: " Since I can't be as quick as Rajib or Mashrafe, I'd like to do my best for the team by emphasizing line and length."

Rajin after expressing his desire to overcome the "40 run barrier" and not only get a 50, but a 100: "It's more important for our team to preserve wickets, rather than scoring runs. I'll try to do that if given the chance."

Here's the link (finally): http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDQ5NTY=&mid=OA==

bangladeshi fan: " i will try to watch the game on net, if i am lucky i will find a free link on net. i will watch the matches completely no matter what happens, and will hope for a win till the last moment. and not to forget posting repliess on match thread"

IanW
June 17, 2007, 05:06 PM
In all seriousness, I think all of these personal onjectives are not only reachable, they SHOULD be reached. It is important to set these goals. If three or four out of the entire team realize their goal then the whole team will be in good shape.

Stuff personal achievement. Its all about the success of the team.

Ian Whitchurch

syzygy
June 17, 2007, 07:05 PM
Stuff personal achievement. Its all about the success of the team.

Ian Whitchurch

I agree, individual achievement does nt mean anything unless the team as a whole performs well. it is even stupid to talk about individual milestones when u are gonna play as a team.the only person whom i see is performing consistently for bd is mortaza and to some extent tamim has some flair. rest are more like empty vessels that sounds much unless ofcourse they prove me wrong (very unlikely though against lankans).

djuice
June 18, 2007, 03:04 AM
Double century in ODI!!!?

DRUG everywhere!! Shomajta nostoo hoye gelo.

In tone with the military government I would like to say that we need shongshkar..rajnoitic, shamajic, orthonoitic, addhatik,,,,,
Shongshkar tumi agiye cholo amra asi tomar pachay.
to prevent the shomaj from the obokh khoy and ensure censorship on posting with a lot of DRUGs in their veins.

Trigger_Tiger
June 18, 2007, 03:29 AM
It will be a shame if HaBa can't get there. Ash aiming a little too high maybe.

I'd like to see Rasel and Shahadat succeed while Mortaza should deliver his goods as he so regularly does :).

We have seen kids grow up to become cricketers, now we also see them in the process of becoming fans. The next generation of BC fans are on their way and Miraz Bhai is playing the grooming part of Whatmore. Cute post BTW, my blessings and ador :)!!!!!

shadman
June 18, 2007, 04:30 AM
why we are calling Habibul Basar as haba. Cammon dear don't be so ungreatful. He have done a lots for us. If he is haba then who is not haba.

Sohel
June 18, 2007, 04:49 AM
why we are calling Habibul Basar as haba. Cammon dear don't be so ungreatful. He have done a lots for us. If he is haba then who is not haba.

HaBa = Habibul Bashar ... :saint:

Protic
June 18, 2007, 06:29 AM
For me..
Ashraful getting a ton.. yes
Ashraful getting a double 100 ... no
Bashar getting to his 3000... yes
Rafique coming back with 110+ wickets in tests.. yes
Mashrafe,Shahadat getting 5-ers ... yes
Shakib getting his first test 50/100.. yes
Shahriar Nafees bouncing back with runs... yes...yes...yes....yes...yes..

mafizraju
June 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
I dont know about UK, but in Canada, they're allowed to change hardware maximum 3 times. At the 4th time, they have to get you a new machine.

Quite exciting...check with them for coverage info :)

The policy is 3 major replacement within 60 days. Motherboard, processor and Display is considered major replacement for Notebook.

Trigger_Tiger
June 18, 2007, 11:29 AM
For me..
Ashraful getting a ton.. yes
Ashraful getting a double 100 ... no
Bashar getting to his 3000... yes
Rafique coming back with 110+ wickets in tests.. yes
Mashrafe,Shahadat getting 5-ers ... yes
Shakib getting his first test 50/100.. yes
Shahriar Nafees bouncing back with runs... yes...yes...yes....yes...yes..

I hope your predictions are true, for if they are, we would win the series' for sure :-|!!!!!