PDA

View Full Version : What are the realistic expectations from this series?

DJ Sahastra
June 16, 2007, 11:27 PM
There are fans who would settle for nothing less than a win in test and a couple of ODIs.

There are others who would be overjoyed with atleast a draw in test and atleast a win in an ODI.

There are others who would be glad if Test matches are well-fought and there is atleast an ODI wins.

Others will settle for probably a good fight overall - given the past record against SL.

I would like to know what realistic expectations have you set for the Banglar team for this series. Not in terms of far-fetched hopes and wishes or prayers but something based on a good understanding of team's strengths and capabilities (including what they can do on a good day).

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2007, 11:31 PM
Well a draw in a test match would be nice, as would a win in one of the odi's. Our players have been out of the longer version for quite a while now, so it would be unfair to expect too much from them in tests.

Murad
June 16, 2007, 11:34 PM
There are others who would be glad if Test matches are well-fought and there is atleast an ODI wins.

i'm one of those fans

SS
June 16, 2007, 11:34 PM
Realistic expectations from this series should be not to expect anything! Jus watch the game and hope our batters bat better.

DJ Sahastra
June 16, 2007, 11:35 PM
Maybe i should've put a poll along with this. I am not good with these things, i guess. Can someone attach a poll with this or delete this thread and start a similar discussion that also has a poll?

Electrequiem
June 16, 2007, 11:39 PM
I can start a new thread with a poll for you DJ Sahastra ... what choices do you want in the poll?

ammark
June 16, 2007, 11:40 PM
expectations eh?

Bowlers bowl good line good length, fielders contain the runs, wickets get taken. players dont injure themselves.

Batsmen bat session by session. They leave most of the deliveries and play the bad balls

and if the opportunity to win is in clear sight, then chase the goddamn runs and win the match instead of wasting time in the fading light!

DJ Sahastra
June 16, 2007, 11:41 PM
"I can start a new thread with a poll for you DJ Sahastra ... what choices do you want in the poll?"

1. There are fans who would settle for nothing less than a win in test and a couple of ODIs.

2. There are others who would be overjoyed with atleast a draw in test and atleast a win in an ODI.

3. There are others who would be glad if Test matches are well-fought and there is atleast an ODI wins.

4. Others will settle for probably a good fight overall - given the past record against SL.

The above 4 choices with an optional 5th being "Something else":

Please word it your way (i am too lazy).

Kabir
June 16, 2007, 11:41 PM

Anything can happen in ODI, and that's why I would expect a win in the ODIs. In Tests, we aren't the underdogs, we're the cats.In that case, I would settle for all the Tests being played till the 5th day.

My expectations for Tests isn't realistic, that's just my wish.

Electrequiem
June 16, 2007, 11:49 PM
New thread done ... http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=482580#post482580

for future votes/discussions on this topic, please go to the above thread.

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 01:22 AM
my realistic expectation is to see ash try his best to deliver his expectations, especially the one about playing all 15 days of test cricket.

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 06:27 AM
I'm dieing to see some decent captaincy.

BANFAN
June 17, 2007, 06:56 AM
All BD Fans will love to see, BD winning test series 3-0
and ODI 3-0.

Could have been done with two words (WW) but figures look better, isnt it?

Any one unhappy with this result? or 'Wants more??' :-)

Fahmid
June 17, 2007, 07:11 AM
Realisticly BD will be trounced 3-0 in tests with big margins and may be BD will win 1 ODI.....I would not be surprised if BD win a oneday match but it will be very hard in sri lanka to win...

Haradhon
June 17, 2007, 07:46 AM
A well-fought test and a win in ODI would be great. I also expect some good individual performances from Ash, Sakib, Rajin and Mushfiq. I want Nafees to regain some of his old form.
I would be very disappointed if BD get innings defeat or lose all test wihin 3 days and lose ODIs by 9 wkts and 100+ runs.
Remember this SL team is one of best they ever had.
Good luck DB

Fortuner
June 17, 2007, 09:55 AM
i dnt expect from this tour not jst its being played in lanka but the fact dat still except Ash,Nafees no1 seems to be dt gr8 player in playing spin.

Murali n other lankan spinners will trouble our batsman and moe ovr lankan pitches are spin frndly.so, we r in trouble.

some relief in pace bowling as vaas not there. Malinga we shld b able to handle given the condition he aint in form jst like Abu Dhabi series...