PDA

View Full Version : 'Now I can enjoy my batting fully' - Bashar

SS
June 16, 2007, 11:52 PM
Acid test for Bashar as he prepares for three tests. How he can achieve that and bring back his Mr. fifty title?
We all hope he can justify his sayings.
source:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/slvbdesh/content/story/298281.html

Electrequiem
June 16, 2007, 11:55 PM
I have high hopes from Bashar in this series ... IMO he should have a 45.00+ average for the test series.

Farhad
June 17, 2007, 12:05 AM
Bashars chance to redeem himself. He hasnt done too well in SL yet though, so Im not overly optimistic...

Kabir
June 17, 2007, 12:15 AM
I hope he does well. If he doesn't, I'll just be sad to see the end of him this way. I have huge respect for this guy, and hope to look at him in the same way after he retires. Having said all this, I know what he does well under pressure.

AsifTheManRahman
June 17, 2007, 12:29 AM
yeashh...now that he doesn't have the burden on captaincy anymore, i really hope he scores a couple of back-to-back fifties (maybe even a hundred or two) like old times.

Murad
June 17, 2007, 12:30 AM
Bashars chance to redeem himself. He hasnt done too well in SL yet though, so Im not overly optimistic...

he has done well in srilanka before.. he has a couple of 50's.. highest is 84 in test

gatekeeper
June 17, 2007, 12:45 AM
This is pretty much do or die for him. If he doesn't get his form back in this series it might be difficult for him retain a position in the team. I wish him well.

Kabir
June 17, 2007, 12:47 AM
Off topic:

Congrats to Gatekeeper on becoming a cricket legend.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td nowrap="nowrap"> gatekeeper (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=2703) <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/statusicon/user_online.gif <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_482630", true); </script>
Cricket Legend
</td> <td width="320"> </td> <td valign="top" width="200"> Join Date: June 1, 2006

</td></tr></tbody> </table>

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 12:48 AM
Congrats, GK!

Whats the highest level in this hierarchy?

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 12:48 AM
I just hope we get to see the Bashar of 2003 - the time when he peaked and was ranked World's # 8 Test batsmen of the year in the ICC Cricket Rankings.

When he is fit, he is a treat to watch. My blessings are with him :big_hug:.

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 12:52 AM
I'd like to hope he can gain his form back......but after watching some of his recent innings, it's just soooo hard to :(
Though i do wish him all the best on this tour, and hopefully a solid way to retire.

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 12:55 AM
I just hope we get to see the Bashar of 2003 - the time when he peaked and was ranked World's # 8 Test batsmen of the year in the ICC Cricket Rankings.

#8? Feeling nostalgic :(

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 12:58 AM
#8? Feeling nostalgic :(

Nopes,hoping beyond hope :(!!!!!

Murad
June 17, 2007, 01:01 AM

his hight ranking was 24th.. not 8th

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 01:05 AM
his hight ranking was 24th.. not 8th

Oh Right! It was the ESPNSTAR Cricket Ranking (AKA Maruti Cricket Ranking) :doh:!!!!!

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 01:08 AM
Oh Right! It was the ESPNSTAR Cricket Ranking (AKA Maruti Cricket Ranking) :doh:!!!!!

aww ... those rankings are not very credible, are they?

Ehsan
June 17, 2007, 01:08 AM
Good luck Bashar! Hope you get some runs in this tour. :)

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 01:09 AM
aww ... those rankings are not very credible, are they?

*Khekz*.....They are in their own ways, considering how their rating system is. I would refer to them more than the ICC rankings simply because they give credit where credit is due, when it is due unlike the other one :-p!

Antora
June 17, 2007, 01:16 AM
Bash wants to enjoy his batting?????????? i doubt it....
he'll probably bring back a bag full of zerozzzz........ (did i mention bash iz ma second most hated cricketer?)

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 01:18 AM
he'll probably bring back a bag full of zerozzzz........ (did i mention bash iz ma second most hated cricketer?)

and who would your first be?

and how long have u been following BD cricket sis?

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 01:19 AM
IMHO he has lost it.

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 01:19 AM

Where were you from 2000-2003 :D?????

kalpurush
June 17, 2007, 01:20 AM
Good luck Bashar! Hope you get some runs in this tour. :)

I hope and pray so too!:-D

Trigger_Tiger
IMHO he has lost it.

Lets hope he has just found it please :D.....just this series at least?

Antora
and who would your first be?

and how long have u been following BD cricket sis?

my first would be DHONI!!! cant sand him!!!

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 01:24 AM
my first would be DHONI!!! cant sand him!!!

... I'm just sad to see our former, most successful captain following Dhoni on your list. :(

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 01:27 AM
... I'm just sad to see our former, most successful captain following Dhoni on your list. :(

:floor:

antora93 Ammu.....Dhoni in form is devastating :-p!!!!!

Antora
June 17, 2007, 01:27 AM
successful captain *cof cof*
he wouldnt be successful without the team we have now!!! and the games we won.. were not because of his captaincy but because of team effort and the games we lost they were because of his captaincy!!!

Antora
June 17, 2007, 01:29 AM
:floor:

antora93 Ammu.....Dhoni in form is devastating :-p!!!!!

I dont care if he is devastating or not.. ever since he joined the indian team.. i found it difficult to support india!!!!! (and one day my best friend comes up to me and tells me she has a crush on dhoni!!! god i felt lyk slapping her!!!!)

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 01:30 AM
[/b]
successful captain *cof cof*
he wouldnt be successful without the team we have now!!! and the games we won.. were not because of his captaincy but because of team effort and the games we lost they were because of his captaincy!!!

You are right.

I rescind my statement.

:saint:

Antora
June 17, 2007, 01:31 AM
You are right.

I rescind my statement.

:saint:

lol....

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 01:32 AM
I dont care if he is devastating or not.. ever since he joined the indian team.. i found it difficult to support india!!!!! (and one day my best friend comes up to me and tells me she has a crush on dhoni!!! god i felt lyk slapping her!!!!)

Oh achcha bujhchi.....girl stuff.....my sis used to like Mark Boucher back in 1998 and I used to support South Africa, when they got eliminated in the '99 WC, I was fuming but couldn't help but see her anger over Boucher and laugh my guts out *lol*.....it will pass with time pichchi :-p!

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 01:34 AM
Oh achcha bujhchi.....girl stuff.....my sis used to like Mark Boucher back in 1998 and I used to support South Africa, when they got eliminated in the '99 WC, I was fuming but couldn't help but see her anger over Boucher and laugh my guts out *lol*.....it will pass with time pichchi :-p!

Didn't Boucher get a HUGE black eye during that tourney? Your sis must have felt miserable.

Antora
June 17, 2007, 01:36 AM

a crush on boucher?? lol

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 01:38 AM
Didn't Boucher get a HUGE black eye during that tourney? Your sis must have felt miserable.

HAHAHAHAHA, YES, Allan Donald to Lara, it was the final of the Wills Mini World Cup in 1998 actually and the venue was Bongobondhu National Stadium.

We were in one of the AC boxes, she shrieked silently and I smirked in all evilness :-p!!!!!

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 01:39 AM
a crush on boucher?? lol

Try to get a picture of the 19 year old Boucher :up:.....okay I guess it is best to get back on topic.....Mod Bhai'der bari khetey chainaa :-D!!!!!

Hatebreed
June 17, 2007, 01:41 AM
IMHO, people should get a grip and cut this guy some slack.

MohammedC
June 17, 2007, 03:31 AM
I hope he gets some runs.I think we bashed him enough for his capataincy, that was in the past, now he is free and ready score some fifties and hundreds

Shafin
June 17, 2007, 04:10 AM
Like it or not,A Basher in form will be the Second Best Test Batsman Bangladesh has ever produced,the first one being Ashraful in form.And lately Basher has had all sorts of criticism,maybe due,but with his contribution to the team,he can rightfully expect a more respectful tone in that criticism.I,for one would like to see him retain the form that made him our torch bearer in international cricket and continue in tests for at least three more years,we need youthful exuberance in ODI's and 20-20's but we need Experience from Bashar in Tests.

Wish him a good luck,may Allah grant his prayer.

Shaan
June 17, 2007, 05:19 AM
somehow I feel that Bashsar and S. Nafis will shine at this series.. hope this come true..

Antora
June 17, 2007, 05:21 AM
somehow I feel that Bashsar and S. Nafis will shine at this series.. hope this come true..

the thing is sn has to shine!!!! itz way over due for him to shine!!!!! and bash?????? ummm if he scores 5 runs is that considered shining for bash???

rubel_18
June 17, 2007, 05:45 AM
Well i hope he does well in this series best of luck to him.

rubel_18
June 17, 2007, 05:46 AM

LOL:lol:

BangladeshFan
June 17, 2007, 06:25 AM
i dont think there is a direct relation between a captain's form and captaincy. When someone bats/bowls in the middle, he is purely a batsman/bowler, why should captaincy effect that? besides everyone has an opinion of who to bowl next or who to send next in batting order. the captain only expressed it out and his decision is final.

i think bashar is trying to find a lame excuse just like many others. his batting form is well and truly gone. but for bangladesh's sake , i hope he shines and atleast get some runs(an av. of 25 will be enough) with the bat.

jawaherul
June 17, 2007, 06:49 AM

vai , apnar mukhe ful-chandan poruk

Nafis_BD
June 17, 2007, 08:26 AM
I hope Bashar gets his form back and score something reasonably big this series!!!

rah
June 17, 2007, 08:51 AM

:floor: :floor:
anyways dis is going to be a real rest for bashar, 3 tests is long enough. he will have 6 innings maximum to prove his batting

al Furqaan
June 17, 2007, 09:45 AM
now that bashar isn't captaining...i wouldn't mind seeing him for another 5 years provided he score 50s every 3rd or even 4th innings (and slip in a 100 here and there).

Fortuner
June 17, 2007, 09:56 AM
lets see if Bashar actually played bad whn he was captain due to captaincy perssure or he is really gone now...

Shafin
June 17, 2007, 11:28 AM
now that bashar isn't captaining...i wouldn't mind seeing him for another 5 years provided he score 50s every 3rd or even 4th innings (and slip in a 100 here and there).
You said it!

Protic
June 17, 2007, 11:54 AM
Yes =D and he will get his form back, hopefully..and rename himself.. MR.100 !
Well okay.. who cares i can expect whatever i want!

Faisal
June 17, 2007, 12:18 PM
bashar will not make much run and he will be out for test & odi:)

Farhad
June 17, 2007, 12:32 PM
he has done well in srilanka before.. he has a couple of 50's.. highest is 84 in test

Actually, no he hasnt. Both his ODI and Test Averages there are well below his average...

Kabir
June 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
provided he score 50s every 3rd or even 4th innings (and slip in a 100 here and there).

Ore ki Tendulkar paisen ni bhaizan?

Murad
June 17, 2007, 01:09 PM
Actually, no he hasnt. Both his ODI and Test Averages there are well below his average...

actually you are right.. he has only one 50+ score that is 84..
he played 5 test matches in srilanka.. average is very low...

5 222 84 22.20 0 1 0

anyways.. hope he does well this time.. i feel bad for him.. hes a fine test cricketer..

sadi
June 17, 2007, 01:19 PM
'Now I can enjoy my batting fully' - Bashar

And we can enjoy watching Bangladesh play. :)

habfreak
June 17, 2007, 06:37 PM
I got that "Somehow feeling" too...lets keep our fingers crossed :)..hey wait...when did i become ODI cricketer?

syzygy
June 17, 2007, 07:11 PM
he is too old and does not have the right techniques to make a fighting comeback, everyone is not dada! i believe this is the end of road for bashar, the slide began in wc 07.but that is somewhat good news for bd cricket, i guess nobody wants to see him anymore.

BD Tigers
June 17, 2007, 07:35 PM
Insha Allah he will shine, for his and BD sake.

Mav
June 18, 2007, 08:17 PM
I just logged in to :floor: in this thread.

BagherBacha
June 18, 2007, 08:54 PM
yeashh...now that he doesn't have the burden on captaincy anymore, i really hope he scores a couple of back-to-back fifties (maybe even a hundred or two) like old times.

--
as if Bashar was playing sensibly dusring the India series. he was trying to hit every single ball in all four innings and got out cheaply. If he was pressured because of his captaincy he would rather try to play sensibly.what he did we all know. he is just not capable of playing cricket anymore. he will play first 2 tests and will be dropped from the last one. i really hope he plays good but he won't be able to because pull and hook won't take him anywhere.cheers BD

Electrequiem
June 18, 2007, 10:26 PM
Kal ratre khwab-e ami onek proshnor jobab pailam, jemon:

Bashar's average after the SL Test series will be 163.02
Ashraful's average after the SL Test series will be 201.31
Mashrafe will have his first 20 wkt haul.

akabir77
June 19, 2007, 09:26 AM
--
as if Bashar was playing sensibly dusring the India series. he was trying to hit every single ball in all four innings and got out cheaply. If he was pressured because of his captaincy he would rather try to play sensibly.what he did we all know. he is just not capable of playing cricket anymore. he will play first 2 tests and will be dropped from the last one. i really hope he plays good but he won't be able to because pull and hook won't take him anywhere.cheers BD

I wish i could tell the future like you

Tigers_eye
June 19, 2007, 09:49 AM
For the sake of the team who ever is in the team I hope does fairly well. (10+ above his average).

In reality I don't see that happening. The sooner the non-performers are out the team the better it is.

green_cat
June 19, 2007, 10:25 AM
bashar will definitely do well in tests..after all he has the highest avg in test among all BD present/past batsman.

Padosan
June 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
He has to do well, he got no other choice. He being the senior batsman and now that the pressure is off(if he had any) him, he better do good for his country's sake and his own sake.

cheers !
Padosan

cricket_dorshok
June 19, 2007, 01:11 PM
For the sake of the team who ever is in the team I hope does fairly well. (10+ above his average).

In reality I don't see that happening. The sooner the non-performers are out the team the better it is.
ditto

radagast
June 19, 2007, 05:15 PM
As much as I love bashing Basher, I do hope he gets his form back.

WarWolf
June 20, 2007, 07:25 AM
Bashar is doing well in the practice match. He is back in form!

Ehsan
June 20, 2007, 07:32 AM
I hope he enjoys his batting and continues the good work of the practice match in the test. We want our Mr.50 back!!! :) Mahumd bhai and James used to be fan of him, are you guys still with him? I remember how in the past Mahmud bhai used to say "don't worry he will be back with another 50" when Bashar would fail to score in one innings or in a match.

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 07:39 AM
I always had the trust on him.

I believe with todays performance, his bad days are over.

I also want to get our Mr. 50 back.

Sohel
June 20, 2007, 07:41 AM
I hope he enjoys his batting and continues the good work of the practice match in the test. We want our Mr.50 back!!! :) ...

Ditto ... I'm prepared to eat my words gladly when that happens ... :)

SS
June 20, 2007, 07:45 AM
Great innings comparing to other batsmen. He kept his words and I hope he converts this one to hundred.
Really dissapointed for others though. They could not even bat for one day which is something to worry about. Bashar innings should inspire them.

ottawaGuy
June 20, 2007, 08:02 AM
"Bashar fights lone battle" says cricinfo. Everyone who has him in their top XI of hated players might wanna consider focusing more on their top XI for 'wuvable' players.

mali007
June 20, 2007, 08:11 AM
Bashar has kept his word!! He is batting with 60. For his patience innings BD has survived another humiliation. Hope he score a well deserved century.

Rubu
June 20, 2007, 08:13 AM
Cool down guys. In the longer version of the game Bashar has always been a good player. However, he was never a good captain in any form of the game and was even having harder time as a captain because of pressure. So, now that he is free of it, we will see a better Bashar in longer version of the game. And if you see the teams i posted, I always included him in my test team. ODI is, however a completely different story for him. He never was good there, and he should not be there.

SS
June 20, 2007, 08:35 AM
Agree with Rubu.
He does good comparing to other batsmen in tests. Captancy put pressure on him but as he is not a captain now he should perform.

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2007, 09:15 AM
This is a practice match. If this brings his confidence back so be it. However, I still have reservation on his form when it counts.

He did score 20 (NZ) and 57* (Scotland) in the WC warmup matches and ended up averaging 13.1 for the tour (when it mattered).

For the sake of the team, I hope he don't repeat the WC performance.

Ahmed_B
June 20, 2007, 09:21 AM
I am actually much more worried about our new 'superstars' aging from 18 to 24. Even if bashar does well... he alone can't pull the team up. We need few more mr. 50's and one or two mr. 100's as well! Who're those gonna be?!

SS
June 20, 2007, 09:42 AM
I am actually much more worried about our new 'superstars' aging from 18 to 24. Even if bashar does well... he alone can't pull the team up. We need few more mr. 50's and one or two mr. 100's as well! Who're those gonna be?!
Agree. Our young batsmen lack the ability to play longer version of the game. Even someone will try to stick around, a fall of wicket especially in regular intervals could also destrcut the attention of the set performing batsman.

akabir77
June 20, 2007, 09:46 AM
I know some people r more than ready to write bashar off but for shake of our cricket we need him in TEST cause talent or not no one else in the team can make runs like him or the ones that r in pipe line r not ready too. I wish they chose tusher instead of sakib. Sakib is not ready for test yet. We need more batsmen with age 28+ in test. We r not letting ready players play and trying to get more players ready... doesn't make any sense...

srabbee
June 20, 2007, 09:48 AM
I think this thread contains some of the most patient, and understanding comments on Bashar. I was really upset to see too many people calling him HaBa, Hablu etc. We often times forget our old heros too quickly.

We sometimes need to understand, these cricket players risk their careers, lifely earnings, and many other earthly things to become cricketers and serve the country. We really need to have some patience and respect for these guys. They are not Racing Horses or Gladiators.

Thanks for all those who remained patient with Bashar and all other struggling cricketers.

Trigger_Tiger
June 20, 2007, 11:56 AM
I think this thread contains some of the most patient, and understanding comments on Bashar. I was really upset to see too many people calling him HaBa, Hablu etc. We often times forget our old heros too quickly.

We sometimes need to understand, these cricket players risk their careers, lifely earnings, and many other earthly things to become cricketers and serve the country. We really need to have some patience and respect for these guys. They are not Racing Horses or Gladiators.

Thanks for all those who remained patient with Bashar and all other struggling cricketers.

Hey srabbee,

Welcome to BC. We bash players because we love them. We don't bash them because we hate them. HaBa is an abbreviated form of Habibul Bashar!
As for Hablu, look at his smile, refreshing and innocent and a little hablu-like :-p.

And as far as the matter of respect goes, I urge you to take a closer look at other forums where bashing of a "yesterday-favorite now not" player is a common thing. I guess you can label it a sub-continental characteristic. But please don't say things like that again. We are fans, and some of us are bigger fans than one can ever be. So hearing what you said about bashing and respect really burns.

As I said, we care and so we bash. The bashing is to douse the fire of pain that is lit by a good players bad form. It should not be taken seriously and I urge you thoroughly to get used to it. While I do confess Bashar has been bashed a little too much, but I'm sure it will go away pretty soon (take a look at his 60 not out on the first day of the practice match against Sri Lanka A, the bashers are even happy for him :)).

No one here hates him so maliciously enough I'm sure. Even us Bashar-Bashers are hoping he gets back in form soon :up:!!!!!

Enjoy your stay at BC :).

Sincerely,
Trig

radagast
June 20, 2007, 12:19 PM
Even us Bashar-Bashers are hoping he gets back in form soon

Exactly. I was hoping yesterday that he would return to run, and today I am glad OF his return. :big_hug: Our frustration breeds from knowing that he can be good, when he is not throwing his wicket away.

As much as I love bashing Basher, I do hope he gets his form back.

Protic
June 20, 2007, 07:29 PM
Oh he is enjoying.
Let the enjoy-o-meter burst!

Zobair
June 20, 2007, 07:50 PM
Onwards and upwards! Hopefully he will get his next test century in this series. I must say I am impressed with his patience. He has not thorwn it away when SL A dried the runs up with some tight bowling. This is very good news given SL is known to use "suffocation" very very effectively.

crikss
June 20, 2007, 11:09 PM
First i thought Bashar said 'How I can enjoy my batting fully' - Bashar....but later i found its not HOW....Its Now..:D

shaoun
June 20, 2007, 11:29 PM
great performance from a great player. i hope bashar proves everybody wrong but performing in test and returning in odi. young team like this we need players like bashar and rafique. i am saying this (hope i m wrong) ashraful wont make a good captain. he should have just remain in the team. if bcb really wanted to change captain they should be give it to rafique or masrafee. ash is not captain material.

Trigger_Tiger
June 21, 2007, 12:02 AM
He should solely concentrate on Test cricket now. If he does well, then it's only better for him since the selectors will then ponder upon the thought of taking him into the ODI team.
Bash was born to play Test cricket for our country :)!

Baundule
June 21, 2007, 03:39 AM
I am really sad that he could not continue the good work.

fai_hasan
June 21, 2007, 04:42 AM
he can do better this series. I would add a good 200 runs into his series diary in advance.

akabir77
June 21, 2007, 10:05 AM
Nice interview with bashar in bangla
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=9&pageTitle=interviewdetails&editionID=51

Fazal
June 21, 2007, 10:09 AM
Glad to see bashar is getting some runs.

nahaz
June 22, 2007, 09:39 PM
Hey now that Bashar is in the runs don't we have the better top three than the lankans:D ? JO+Rajin+Bashar>>Unknown Lankan openers+sangakarra(?).

Electrequiem
June 22, 2007, 09:44 PM
Bashar, prove your bashers wrong.
Return to your splendid form.
Make a double century in every test.
And make it your norm.

habfreak
June 22, 2007, 10:40 PM
I bet all the Bashar-bashers have become SN bashers now:p

cricket_king
June 22, 2007, 10:40 PM
Bashar, prove your bashers wrong.
Return to your splendid form.
Make a double century in every test.
And make it your norm.

Hahaha......if only all this were possible :smug:

Kabir
June 23, 2007, 12:04 AM
I do believe that Bashar has the talent to get a double century, but I don't think he has the stamina for that. Either way, he has my best wishes.

One World
June 23, 2007, 12:23 AM
Congratulation to HB for wise and precisous innings against the A team. On a different note lack of concentration is again a big problem for him as well the rest of the team. It is a common feature in test cricket that the psychologically sounder team while fielding tries to cut in generally at the beginning of every session and BD batsmen are slowly getting better to concentrate more after a drinks or lunch break or resumption of next day's play.

Sohel
June 23, 2007, 05:12 AM
I'll withhold my adulations until after a solid test performance. Notice I don't call him "HaBa" after the 63 anymore ... :D

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2007, 09:03 AM
I'll withhold my adulations until after a solid test performance. Notice I don't call him "HaBa" after the 63 anymore ... :D
How much that 63 worth? To me nothing. how much that 8 of 81 worth. Nothing. :lol:

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 09:52 AM
If bashar enjoys his batting ... no comment.

One World
June 25, 2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the enjoyment.

PoorFan
June 25, 2007, 10:46 PM
'Now I can enjoy my batting fully' - Bashar

<!--StartFragment -->Now you can GO and enjoy your life fully - Me

BD Tigers
June 25, 2007, 11:13 PM
typical bangalees...give me a break. he just scored some runs, yes against a weaker attack but he still did, and then yesterday he got out to a bad decision. so lets wait till the series is over and then talk abt him not just from 1 innings.

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 11:41 PM
Bashar was the victim of new Ashoka De Silva, Gupta. I can't blame him for not scoring a ton yesterday.

One World
June 26, 2007, 09:11 PM
"I enjoyed bowling, but not the day. In the beginning of my career I started as an all-rounder because I bowled regularly in domestic circuit. And after a long break, I bowled a few overs (8) today but the overall feeling is not good. It's really frustrating that number seven and eight batsmen scored hundreds," said Bashar, whose 29.1 overs in one-day internationals has brought him just one scalp, none other than West Indies great Brian Lara in 1999.

At least we can thank him for enjoying the bowling.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 09:41 PM
Bashar better play a VERY sensible innings today...

One World
June 27, 2007, 10:03 PM
Bashar played sensibly.

cricman
July 6, 2007, 08:29 PM
Is Bashar enjoying his batting so far?

cricket_pagol
July 6, 2007, 08:41 PM
Bashar bhai re diya are hoibo na :(

BagherBacha
July 6, 2007, 10:53 PM
I wish i could tell the future like you

---------------
I think my prediction will come true. Bashar simply forgets how to hold a bat

mali007
July 7, 2007, 02:10 AM
Bashar enjoy batting of Mushy and Ash. from sideline .

cricketboy
July 7, 2007, 02:23 AM
Bashar enjoy batting of Mushy and Ash. from sideline .
:D He is enjoying so much that he gets bowled off a nothing special full length delivery. :(

MohammedC
July 7, 2007, 05:55 AM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ba48751553.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Cant see the pic here is the Source (http://www.tigercricket.com/tigerimgviews.aspx?columnID=234)

Rabz
July 7, 2007, 08:53 AM
Is the picture really dark, or is it our players??
can hardly recognise Bashar,
who is the other one??
dont tell me its Tapash...

Rajowana
July 7, 2007, 09:13 AM
Is the picture really dark, or is it our players??
can hardly recognise Bashar,
who is the other one??
dont tell me its Tapash...

Lol no it's not Tapash it's
Shariar Nafees.

Morpheous
July 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah right Habla....ur enjoying the batting with 17, 12, 1, 2.......

Slysaint
July 7, 2007, 02:05 PM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ba48751553.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Cant see the pic here is the Source (http://www.tigercricket.com/tigerimgviews.aspx?columnID=234)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes he is indeed having too much fun .. if only he was enjoying his batting as much he as enjoying srilankan hospitality

Murad
July 7, 2007, 02:14 PM
This guy is confused on what to do. play his natural game or change it.. purai habla.. he's even confused how to play the yorker balls..

BD Tigers
July 7, 2007, 04:35 PM
it was a yorker length ball, not a full yorker length, anywho, he tried to play it in mid wicket instead of playing straight or mid on. that was his downfall.

only if the top order score some runs, he cud play his natural game and not have to worry abt playing defensive. He always scored w/ his own game and he shud not change it.

MohammedC
July 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
it was a yorker length ball, not a full yorker length, anywho, he tried to play it in mid wicket instead of playing straight or mid on. that was his downfall.

only if the top order score some runs, he cud play his natural game and not have to worry abt playing defensive. He always scored w/ his own game and he shud not change it.

Arey BD Tigers bhai he is the top order or do you mean the opener

sandpiper
July 7, 2007, 04:41 PM
could you plz tell me the difference beteween mid-wicket and mid-on ?

Nocturnal
July 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
could you plz tell me the difference beteween mid-wicket and mid-on ?

hope this would help :)
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.1fb29a381f.png (http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?1fb29a381f.png)

sandpiper
July 7, 2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks Noc :)

Nocturnal
July 7, 2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks Noc :)

No problemo :-p

BD Tigers
July 7, 2007, 08:51 PM
Arey BD Tigers bhai he is the top order or do you mean the opener

Ji bhai. this series he came as 2nd down in 1st test and 3rd down in 2nd. And both times our innings were in shambles in both innings of both tests except once. So he obviously cudn't play his natural game. I am not saying that its other batsmen fault for his downfall but its not helping either.

Thanks to Nocturnal for answering the q.

Protic
July 7, 2007, 09:54 PM
He should bat later down in the order for the 3rd test , 1st innings..try everything to get his form back! We need Bashing Bashar.