PDA

View Full Version : saqib or kapali

BD_Ashraful
June 17, 2007, 03:52 AM
Who do you think is better Saqib or Kapali ?

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 03:55 AM
both.

Antora
June 17, 2007, 04:11 AM
hmmmm this is a hard one........ I think i lyk sakib better!!!!! dont ask why!!!!

taklima_naj
June 17, 2007, 04:15 AM
Yes it is harder one because at present I would like Kapali at the national squad as well ; so............................ anyway might be Saqib better because he is cool and consistent and know how to keep place in first eleven.

Sumon77
June 17, 2007, 04:17 AM
Is there any problem with saqib? he is playing consistantly so far. why raise an issue when there is none.

Shafin
June 17, 2007, 04:20 AM
noticed one interesting thing,Sohel either voted for sakib,or didnt vote altogether,because up to now sakib got 100% support

Antora
June 17, 2007, 04:21 AM
ok slightly off topic... but how do u spell his name???
is it sakib?? or saqib???

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 04:48 AM
Saqib all the way

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 04:49 AM
ok slightly off topic... but how do u spell his name???
is it sakib?? or saqib???

Well for some reason it's officially spelt "shakib".

WarWolf
June 17, 2007, 04:53 AM
Kapali is also very good. But performance wise Saqib is far ahead at present.

Rajowana
June 17, 2007, 05:07 AM
i prefer saqib

Shaan
June 17, 2007, 05:08 AM
too early too bring comparison between both of them.. As a batsman Sakib looks solid but bit clumsy at his starting whereas Kapali looked more free at the begining but he looks more beauty on his bating compare to Sakib. Sakib looks more of he wants to stay at the crease, Kapali looked more of attacking and got out easily. Balling Kapali is Leggie got hattrick agains pak in test which case Sakib still have time to achieve that or that sorts of things.

For me Kapali's bating looks more arrogant and stylist, balling he is promising leggie no doubt about that.

At this case we need both of them in the team which can give our team more strength and dimension with consist of two different type of allrounder.

fwullah
June 17, 2007, 05:09 AM
I can't judge them right now.

While we have all seen Kapali's weaknesses and we also know his strengths, we're yet to see a weakness of Saquib at this present moment, which is not possible for a cricketer.

Shaan
June 17, 2007, 05:12 AM
I can't judge them right now.

While we have all seen Kapali's weaknesses and we also know his strengths, we're yet to see a weakness of Saquib at this present moment, which is not possible for a cricketer.

ditto..

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 06:04 AM
noticed one interesting thing,Sohel either voted for sakib,or didnt vote altogether,because up to now sakib got 100% support

i didn't vote. i want both in my team. period.

mij
June 17, 2007, 06:06 AM
Alok need another 10 years to catch up with Saqib

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 06:19 AM
Actually now that i think about it, alok is a very solid player. When he plays a shot, he looks like an orthodox batsman with all the shots. Saqib on the the other hand looks ridiculous when he first comes in - shaky hits, poor footwork and slashing relentlessly at anything short and outside off. Yet he just keeps scoring. It doesnt make sense to me.......I mean it doesnt look like he wants to stay in for a long time either with all the slashing he does.

Why can't alok score as consistently, when he's got a perfect technique and doesnt look shaky at all when coming in?
Anyone got an answer?

P.S. I still prefer saqib over alok btw........he looks awesome when he slashes and CONNECTS......just like tamim :-D

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 06:24 AM
Actually now that i think about it, alok is a very solid player. When he plays a shot, he looks like an orthodox batsman with all the shots. Saqib on the the other hand looks ridiculous when he first comes in - shaky hits, poor footwork and slashing relentlessly at anything short and outside off. Yet he just keeps scoring. It doesnt make sense to me.......I mean it doesnt look like he wants to stay in for a long time either with all the slashing he does.

Why can't alok score as consistently, when he's got a perfect technique and doesnt look shaky at all when coming in?
Anyone got an answer?

here's a link to his recent form (post # 99):

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=21961&page=3

cricket_king
June 17, 2007, 06:30 AM
here's a link to his recent form (post # 99):

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=21961&page=3

Thanks for that :)
So he plays better as captain? :confused:
His stats show that he only played well at the latter part of the season - meaning he is/was in form, and should have got the call for the ODI team.

yaseer
June 17, 2007, 06:35 AM
both

rubel_18
June 17, 2007, 06:37 AM
if bashar doesnt perform in the upcoming series then I think Kapali shud be picked cos he is a pretty good batsman and a bowler which will add variation.

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 06:37 AM
Thanks for that :)
So he plays better as captain? :confused:

he has started to deliver on the promise.

alok, IMHO, is technically second only to ash. mushy's third. shakzie's an automatic choice. i fail to see why we can't have 'em both ... as aptly demonstrated by his recent form, he's better than HaBa and rajin put together.

BANFAN
June 17, 2007, 06:43 AM
Fail to understand, why Saki comes to a poll like this. He is still a performer in the team, there are 1/3 non performing members still in the team. I mean what makes some one to think to change a performing member and make a trial !!

Nafis_BD
June 17, 2007, 08:36 AM
I think they are mostly even but the only reason I think Saqib is better is because I think he is more consistent than Kapali!!!I may be wrong!

gatekeeper
June 17, 2007, 08:40 AM
Sakib and move on....please..

rah
June 17, 2007, 08:40 AM
das a close one, performance wise sakib is consistent and is a great fielder, while kapali will give our team a bit more of a mix with his legspinning. but i do want kapali in the 11

BanCricFan
June 17, 2007, 09:01 AM
Kapali.

al Furqaan
June 17, 2007, 09:08 AM
is it even a question???

Fortuner
June 17, 2007, 10:02 AM
kapali is all bout hype.he may have the talent but all in the nets.whatmore also mentioend it in his interview.
saquib way better
he who cant perfrm in the pitch cnt b called a gr8 batsman
in nets ny1 can b hero..
i dnt think kapali will ever come back to national team n even if he comes he will b useless like hw he was against zimbo.

One World
June 17, 2007, 10:17 AM
sakib al hasan is the next generation of BD cricket. alok is folding towards yesterday.

BD-Shardul
June 17, 2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Sohel NR
he's better than HaBa and rajin put together

It seems to me that talent is the main issue for you bro; scoring runs in the match doesn't matter to you at all. If not then how come alok = Rajin+HaBa

Rajin Saleh'r determination & hard work er char anao Bangladesher onno cricketerder (Except AL Hasan) nai. Alok Kapali to durer kotha.

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
Sakib now until I see Kapali.

If Kapali does well soon, then I would better have both in the team :up:!!!!!

damalChele
June 17, 2007, 11:37 AM
this is somewhat a childish poll in my view. they are both good by their own standards.

real123
June 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
I completey agree with your assessment. Kapali looks much solid and far better batsman than Sakib but it is the "runs" that put Sakib ahead of Kapali.
But I think Kapali was far better when he came back in the national side second time, he was very good at spins as well. But unfortunately our "think tank"s sent him at no 7 to slog and ultimately the cause for his dropping.
I still believe he should be considered and included in the team. I was one of his critique in the early phase where he was getting too many chances and he was failing but his last comeback after playing domestic games was really good. I really liked him when he played all the shots against Australia.

Going back to Shakib, it is still too early to say anything yet. He will groom also. In tests, he seemed to be very vulnerable not confident.

Anyone got an answer?

P.S. I still prefer saqib over alok btw........he looks awesome when he slashes and CONNECTS......just like tamim :-D

cracky
June 17, 2007, 11:56 AM
most pointless thread ever seen. BD_Ashraful was probably on weeds when posted this. If the trend goes like this, some day we might see poll like this:

Who is better:
1. Mashrafe Mortaza
2. Shabnoor

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 11:59 AM
most pointless thread ever seen. BD_Ashraful was probably on weeds when posted this. If the trend goes like this, some day we might see poll like this:

Who is better:
1. Mashrafe Mortaza
2. Shabnoor

Shabnoor!!!!! Shabnoor!!!!!

Actually both of these players are good. One just needs to prove to all that he is back in business and needs to be given another chance while the other is already under the spotlight.

As I said, if Alok starts performing in the International arena if given a chance, I would much rather have them both over just one of them :up:!

TripleR
June 17, 2007, 12:20 PM
Though Kapali's got a Hat-trick after his name.....I think Sakib's too good in comparison.

Murad
June 17, 2007, 01:01 PM
theres no comparison between sakib n kapali.. kapali is too good in domestic cricket and sakib is too good in international cricket..

he came to internation cricket as an allrounder.... playeded 50+ matches.. but couldnt do much.. except that hat-trick.. his bowling also sux

Sakib is very talented. and a genuine all-rounder... he's very consistent batsman and a very good bowler.. he gets wicket in almost every match...

tonoy
June 17, 2007, 01:09 PM
what kind of poll is this? I mean come on Alok? and worst its comparing with Shakib, the most consistant player in bd so far.

SS
June 17, 2007, 03:01 PM
Both are good and one getting good opportunity and the other even performing better recently is not even getting a opportunity in A team, that's pretty sad.

truetruetiger
June 17, 2007, 03:12 PM
i voted for sakib. although kapali might be more talented, sakib is much beter at keeping is cool and therefore is far more consistent. his average (batting) is very good aswell and generaly is not that much erratic in his bowling as kapali was. but hey, i have not seen kapali in some time so i am only judging from earlier experiences...so i gues that we'l just have to wait and see...

Rubu
June 17, 2007, 04:39 PM
Consistency of shakib + consistency of Kapali = 100% consistency.

Now, Shakib has been about 90% consistent. You do the math.

Kapali had been the lucky guy in his career, but fortunately for BD team, we have so many better performers that we probably would never have to look back. Unless, Kapali proves me so wrong as no one has done before.

tiger1000
June 17, 2007, 05:07 PM
saqib is a lot better player
if you were a selecter you would be and idiot to choose
kapali over shakib

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56143.html
shakib's profile

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56251.html
kapali's profile

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 05:57 PM
Sakib ... but that is maybe because I havent seen Kapali in action.

amra_korbo_joy
June 17, 2007, 06:59 PM
Kapali is very talented. If he gets is form back then kapali is better than Sakib. I think Kapali did good in domestic and he must be matured by now. I like to see him international cricket.
I could not participate in the poll because in form Kapali is better than Sakib.

MohammedC
June 17, 2007, 07:14 PM
Sakib all the away, Kapali has been given too many chance.

cracky
June 17, 2007, 10:17 PM
why limit to Kapali only, let's add Mushfiq Babu to the list too.

Fazal
June 17, 2007, 11:13 PM
Sakib rey neye anna ra eto tana tani koren kenu... Sakib ke anney-re p*** marsey ne?

Give this new kid (on the block) a break, let him compare with other new kids in the block like Mehrab/Tamim/Farhad/etc.

Comparing these two players are like comparing apple and oranges...in terms of their age, talent, their success, their failure to utilize their opportunity that they got so far, number of opportunity that they got so far, their growth rate so far, how they are learning from their mistakes.....

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 11:18 PM
saqib is a lot better player
if you were a selecter you would be and idiot to choose
kapali over shakib

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56143.html
shakib's profile

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56251.html
kapali's profile

I don't have to be a selector nor does anyone here to be an idiot in choosing Kapali.
The selectors (most of them) already are idiots!

If choosing Kapali while on the selection panel would make me an idiot, I would rather be an idiot and choose him over Javed Omar any day at the moment :up:!!!!!

PoorFan
June 18, 2007, 12:25 AM
As some BD boys says these days ... 'Abar jigay' :hairpull:

Sohel
July 20, 2007, 07:48 AM
Bumped up.

Tigers_eye
July 20, 2007, 08:45 AM
dorkar chilo na sohel bhai. zero to sakib agey'o marsey. matter of fact collingwood'o gotokal zero marsey. zero shobai marey. calling head after a zero would see a line up change every game. That is not wise at all.

May be a thread of Tushar vs Alok would have been more appropriate.

FaRHaN
July 20, 2007, 08:46 AM
shakibs out of form i guess he jus needs to gain his confidence back

Fazal
July 20, 2007, 08:51 AM
Here is our middle order's performance:

#3 : Golla
#4: Another Golla
#5: Allah Bachaisey ekta 4. Er porey Back to pavilion.

Now this thread is again bumped.

So why pick the youngest and the newest player on the block who also gives you 8-10 overs?

Shouldn't we open two more thread also like:

Thread #2: Tushar or Hanan Sharker?
Thread #3: Ashraful or Mushfiqur Rahman?

Should I open those two thread, or someone will do so?

Omio
July 20, 2007, 09:40 AM
Here is our middle order's performance:

Shouldn't we opne two more thread also like:

Thread #2: Tushar or Hanan Sharker?
Thread #3: Ashraful or Mushfiqur Rahman?

Should I open those two thread, or someone will do so?
u one, me one
job done:lol:

Shaan
July 20, 2007, 09:52 AM
dorkar chilo na sohel bhai. zero to sakib agey'o marsey. matter of fact collingwood'o gotokal zero marsey. zero shobai marey. calling head after a zero would see a line up change every game. That is not wise at all.

Bhiare oi pula jebabhe bat niye crease daray tatei mone hoy or batting techiniqeue kuhbi kharap ebonh ajke Srilankar commentator fernando se kothai bolche.. Or abar national league khela uchith tarpor basic technique tik hole fire ashte pare. Ar Tushar to mone hoy crease giya ball dhekhena.. bhujina amader batsmander keno emon hoy???:hairpull:

Tigers_eye
July 20, 2007, 10:16 AM
Bhiare oi pula jebabhe bat niye crease daray tatei mone hoy or batting techiniqeue kuhbi kharap ebonh ajke Srilankar commentator fernando se kothai bolche.. Or abar national league khela uchith tarpor basic technique tik hole fire ashte pare. Ar Tushar to mone hoy crease giya ball dhekhena.. bhujina amader batsmander keno emon hoy???:hairpull:
Yes sir!! I understand what you are trying to say. we need to replace a 41.81 average technically not sound batsman with a 19 average technically sound batsman. I hear you, you have your voice/opinion and I have my own. We differ as i like substance and you like style. In cricket style points equates to ..... nothing to me.

I say, we picking on the wrong guy.

zahid
July 20, 2007, 11:24 AM
Sakib now until I see Kapali.

If Kapali does well soon, then I would better have both in the team :up:!!!!!
Trigger bhai, Dhaka thaika ailen kobey?

Shabnoor!!!!! Shabnoor!!!!!

Actually both of these players are good. One just needs to prove to all that he is back in business and needs to be given another chance while the other is already under the spotlight.

As I said, if Alok starts performing in the International arena if given a chance, I would much rather have them both over just one of them :up:!

Ami to vabsilam amago Filmer Shabnoor!

Soheni
July 20, 2007, 11:31 AM
Saqib, of course. He's a good allrounder.

sharifk
July 20, 2007, 11:35 AM

I agree with T_e here. I know Sohel NR likes Alok. Alok probably would have been a better choice than Tushar, but this is the BEST ODI TEAM to date. And this is also possibly the youngest team ever. So we need to let them learn from their mistakes instead of asking for a change again. I know we are disappointed, but we need to have more patience with this young team. If any change, I would vote for changing # 3 spot. And it should be between Mushy and Aftab depending on the need.

rah
July 20, 2007, 02:16 PM
both r good but sakib is da more luckier one

darksyed
July 20, 2007, 02:47 PM
has to be sakib, the guy has an average of like 43 and he bowls well too, hes just in a slump.

Sohel
July 20, 2007, 05:52 PM
I refused to vote in this poll. As Fazal aptly pointed out, the comparison is nonsensical in more ways than one.

IMHO, we should stick to the following teams, make sure they play loads of FC and List-A cricket at both home and abroad, and give them the time they need to deliver after the next world cup.

Test XI

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Shahriar Nafees/ Nafees Iqbal/ Mehrab Hossain Orion
3. Shakib Al Hasan /Mehrab Hossain Orion
4. Md. Ashraful (C)
5. Alok Kapali
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Aftab Ahmed
8. Mashrafe Bin Murtaza
9. Tapash Baisya
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Enamul Haque Jr./ Md. Rafique

Immediate maybes: Rajin Saleh, Ehsanul Haque, Talha Jubair.

To be fast-tracked: Nadif Chaudhury, Dollar Mahmud, Raquibul Hasan Nirala, Dhiman Ghosh.

ODI XI

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Shahriar Nafees/ Nafees Iqbal
3. Shakib Al Hasan/ Aftab Ahmed
4. Md. Ashraful (C)
5. Alok Kapali
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Aftab Ahmed / Shakib Al Hasan
8. Mashrafe Bin Murtaza
9. Farhad Reza/ Tapash Baisya
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Syed Rasel

Immediate maybes: Shahadat Hossain, MM Riad, Talha Jubair.

To be fast-tracked: Junayed Siddique, Nazmus Sadat, Dollar Mahmud, Ziaur Rahman, Mohammad Shahzada, Dhiman Ghosh.

rio
July 20, 2007, 06:25 PM
I refused to vote in this poll. As Fazal aptly pointed out, the comparison is nonsensical in more ways than one.

IMHO, we should stick to the following teams, make sure they play loads of FC and List-A cricket at both home and abroad, and give them the time they need to deliver after the next world cup.

Test XI

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Shahriar Nafees/ Nafees Iqbal/ Mehrab Hossain Orion
3. Shakib Al Hasan /Mehrab Hossain Orion
4. Md. Ashraful (C)
5. Alok Kapali
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Aftab Ahmed
8. Mashrafe Bin Murtaza
9. Tapash Baisya
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Enamul Haque Jr./ Md. Rafique

Immediate maybes: Rajin Saleh, Ehsanul Haque, Talha Jubair.

To be fast-tracked: Nadif Chaudhury, Dollar Mahmud, Raquibul Hasan Nirala, Dhiman Ghosh.

ODI XI

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Shahriar Nafees/ Nafees Iqbal
3. Shakib Al Hasan/ Aftab Ahmed
4. Md. Ashraful (C)
5. Alok Kapali
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Aftab Ahmed / Shakib Al Hasan
8. Mashrafe Bin Murtaza
9. Farhad Reza/ Tapash Baisya
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Syed Rasel

Immediate maybes: Shahadat Hossain, MM Riad, Talha Jubair.

To be fast-tracked: Junayed Siddique, Nazmus Sadat, Dollar Mahmud, Ziaur Rahman, Mohammad Shahzada, Dhiman Ghosh.
Mohammad Shahazada is too short(5'7'') to be a good fast bowler and Tapash who has an average of 60 with the ball should have no future with the Bangladesh team.

Sohel
July 20, 2007, 06:35 PM
Mohammad Shahazada is too short(5'7'') to be a good fast bowler and Tapash who has an average of 60 with the ball should have no future with the Bangladesh team.

Hmm ... I'm not sure we're talking about the same Shahzada. I've seen a tallish (5' 11''), decent "containment" bowler, very useful in the shorter version of the game.

I like Tapsh's aggression, pace, balance and ability with the bat. His bowling average and more importantly, strike rate leave a lot to be desired, as does his ODI economy of 5 plus. I think he'll improve and learn to harness his talent on the job.

They both have time on their side.

scoilaheez
July 20, 2007, 10:12 PM
Sakib is a better player in my opinion but both have talent. I think Sakib is a better player for the future as well although his bowling is no where near test standard.

islam4life
July 20, 2007, 10:26 PM
sakib is way hell lot better the alok sorry guys i had to say that it is mostly because of sakib batting plus he balls great. i think he is our second best allrounder in the team after mashrafe mortaza

ialbd
July 20, 2007, 10:29 PM
saqib along with few others are going through a bad patch, atleast thats what I'd like to believe.....

cricket_pagol
July 20, 2007, 10:43 PM
Refuse to vote in this Poll for obvious reason

epitaph
July 21, 2007, 01:33 AM
Currently, both. How old is Kapali btw?

nahaz
July 21, 2007, 05:28 AM
I think both should be there for ODIs.As for tests, I think Alok should replace Sakib for NZ tour.Look they're both very talented.Sakib should be batting lower down the order for now and he really needs to get the bowling right at least, for now.In the longer term he's no use as a bowling all-rounder ,but I'm sure he can figure out his batting problems.If he can't fix his batting ,he shouldn't play tests, he prob is a pure batsman in tests(like Collingwood).<br>
Alok should be tried out for two or three series in a row from next series.He's very good technically, and the reason he got dropped was his inconsistency.Now if he's being more consistent now, I don't see why he shouldn't get picked.I firmly believe he will shine.Now prob he can replace Tushar.

Sohel
July 22, 2007, 04:09 PM
Currently, both. How old is Kapali btw?

23 years 202 days ...