PDA

View Full Version : Player profile pages in Banglacricket needs a rivisit.

Shafin
June 17, 2007, 11:06 AM
Apparently they have not been updated for a long time.The footer still shows © 1999-2006 BanglaCricket..The stats for the players miss a lot of recent games stats.For example,Enam Jr.s page was last updated at most at september 2005.Ashrafuls shows Last updated: 2006-02-20 while Rokon's one shows Last updated: 2004-10-30..According to these stats,Shakib has not yet been Debuted as is Tamim or Mushy in ODI's.The section needs a revisit.:)

Please either update the states or drop the section altogether,as CI is enough.I remember from the early days,when I opened a match thread with player profiles linked to CI stats,a mod requested me to link these to BC pages,I obliged,it looks like nobody bothers now-a-days. When recently new staffs were appointed,it was stated that some of them will manage the player profiles,maybe that didn't happen.:(
I know how good a job you have been putting into BC,and I appreciate it,it's only the urge to see the site as better one that makes me pick up these.

Thanks.

BD-Shardul
June 17, 2007, 02:22 PM
I like your idea, Shafin Bhai. CI alone is enough for the player profile, and BC is not able to compete with them. So, in the player profile section, there should have two link

Cricinfo Link and Wikipedia Link. Thats it.

Miraz
June 17, 2007, 02:34 PM
BC is revamping the stats section very soon. Nasif bhai is working on it.

Please bear with us for the time being.