PDA

View Full Version : 2011 World Cup co-hosts to seek common visa

Miraz
June 18, 2007, 05:36 AM
From Reuters

KARACHI (Reuters) - Cricket officials from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh decided on Monday to push for a common visa that would allow spectators easier travel between the 2011 World Cup co-hosts during the tournament.
The four co-hosts also decided at a meeting in Bhurban, Pakistan to discuss possible changes to the duration of the next World Cup with the International Cricket Council (ICC).
"Every effort would be made to make this World Cup a spectator friendly one with special emphasis on keeping low priced tickets for the local people," Indian cricket board President Sharad Pawar said.
The cricket boards of the four countries would also seek cooperation with their governments to secure a common visa for the tournament.

Read full (http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUKSP11079220070618)

ellawilson
June 18, 2007, 05:47 AM
Common visa system may bring problems for cricket match.The terrorist must use the opportunity in different ways and create harmful, it will more dangarious for security of players.Think it properly before implement common visa.:wave:

cricket_king
June 18, 2007, 05:47 AM
Well at least the asian boards are trying to make the 2011 world cup spectator friendly. Hopefully it all comes together to make a memorable world cup campaign for all teams (especially bangladesh) :-D

Antora
June 18, 2007, 05:53 AM
awesome idea!!! a common visa!!!! any way i cant wait till the 2011 wc.. im gonna go watch the opening ceremony with all ma cousines!!!!!

Sohel
June 18, 2007, 06:09 AM
I think we should all meet in Dhaka and go together as a group.

Antora
June 18, 2007, 06:12 AM

lol not a bad idea!!!!! I'll finally get to see what all u peaople look like!!!!! LOL

rubel_18
June 18, 2007, 07:24 AM

Yeh that wud be pretty gud.

Cricket Crazy
June 18, 2007, 07:32 AM
y nt?

i think 2011 will be the greatest world cup in the sporting history!

rah
June 18, 2007, 02:40 PM
da visa will be goor fans, but wot about terrorism?

damalChele
June 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
y nt?

i think 2011 will be the greatest world cup in the sporting history!

amen! do you know why? BD will win the damn tournament :D

MohammedC
June 18, 2007, 02:46 PM
2011......not to far away I need to start saving some money. Its a must to see WC in Bangladesh.

Tigers_eye
June 18, 2007, 02:48 PM
Common visa system may bring problems for cricket match.The terrorist must use the opportunity in different ways and create harmful, it will more dangarious for security of players.Think it properly before implement common visa.:wave:
With proper govt co-ordination this can be easily defused. A background check attached would be a minimum requirement which may slow down the process. However if the citizens are informed about the process with some time in their hand at least a year or two. This is a non-issue.

Also for BD there can be three entry points. benapole, comilla (agartala) and zia Intl. For SL only one colombo. for India and pakistan few airports and land ports. having special immigration service in these entry and exit points can be enough to tackle the terrorism issue with ease.

Common visa is a good idea.

ammark
June 18, 2007, 03:27 PM
"terrorism"?? Public eto bheetu ken ajkal. Kheladhular shukhobor immediately eshob fau kotha diya joraye dey. Beshi ganjum hobo Bharot-Pakistan'er moddhe diplomacy loiya.

betaar
June 18, 2007, 03:35 PM
lol not a bad idea!!!!! I'll finally get to see what all u peaople look like!!!!! LOL

I am green, similar to this :sick: and by looking at the the avatar, I guess ammark looks green but a bit too hyper......not sure about others though.

betaar
June 18, 2007, 03:41 PM
da visa will be goor fans, but wot about terrorism?

Originating from the sub-continent and being afraid of terrorism, is something like wanting to swim but not willing to get your feet wet. :-p

Niceman70
June 18, 2007, 04:03 PM

im down

Niceman70
June 18, 2007, 04:05 PM

lol

israr
June 18, 2007, 04:40 PM
I surely have to watch Bangladesh's matches in my home country; this is a lifetime opportunity and Insha'Allah I ain't missing it.

Shafin
June 18, 2007, 06:10 PM
I surely have to watch Bangladesh's matches in my home country; this is a lifetime opportunity and Insha'Allah I ain't missing it.
If I live,i'll be there,Insha Allah.

Rumz_01
June 18, 2007, 06:14 PM
2011...The Tigers will walk away with the Cup...n God Willing we will all be there to watch it happen!

Electrequiem
June 18, 2007, 06:40 PM
I like the idea of the Common Visa, but with reservations. It can lead to security breaches, and we definitely dont want that.

And Sohel Bhai .. fantastic idea. 2011 we shall watch it together inshallah. And dont forget the Hajir Biriyani :).

Antora
June 19, 2007, 01:06 AM
I am green, similar to this :sick: and by looking at the the avatar, I guess ammark looks green but a bit too hyper......not sure about others though.

lol green????? niceeeeee

any way , anyone know when the tickets r actually gonna be for sale?? i have to make sure my family buyz at least 30 or more tickets for the opening ceremony and all the matches being played in bd!!!!!!!!

ammark
June 19, 2007, 01:31 AM
Look guys, visa is not an issue for trans-country games. as it is to go to india pak or sl we have to go through visas... getting one visa saves a lot of hassle. at the end of the day whoever's crossing borders are gonna get checked by a man with a badge. dont make it sound like getting a common visa means, crossing an unchecked border. Some common sense really cant hurt

cricket_king
June 19, 2007, 01:38 AM

Sounds awesome!! :-D :-D

Ganguly da
June 19, 2007, 03:21 AM

you will still be under age in 2011....

Antora
June 19, 2007, 04:10 AM
you will still be under age in 2011....

U had to bring that up didnt u??? and why do u care if im under age???:waiting: :waiting:

Thunder
June 19, 2007, 04:26 AM
It doesn't matter wheather they issue a same visa or not, there is no doubt even if we set a cost of 1 lakh each for a seat, it will be a packed stadium. If people from asia can sell a kidney to go to the world cup, imagine how it will be when its gonna be played in their own backyard ! :ticking:

ellawilson
June 19, 2007, 06:15 AM
The proper man ,BCCI president Sarad Power is selected unanimously as the president of cricket world cup 2011.:onethephone:

istiak
June 19, 2007, 07:01 AM

You must be from India? So predictable......:D