PDA

View Full Version : Match officials for Bangladesh Sri Lanka series

Miraz
June 19, 2007, 07:34 AM
ICC have appointed match officials for the Bangladesh Sri Lanka series.

Asad Rauf, Rudi Koertzen and Suresh Shastri will be the umpires in the Test series. Rudi Koertzen will stand in the ODI series along with local umpires.

Indian Suresh Shastri will make his Test debut as Umpire with this series.

Jeff Crowe will be the match referee for the series.

Here's the assignments

<table width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" nowrap="nowrap">Sri Lanka v Bangladesh – 3 Tests and 3 ODI's</td> </tr> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Match Referee:</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Umpires</td> </tr> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap">1st Test
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Jeff Crowe </td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Asad Rauf and Suresh Shastri</td> </tr> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap">2nd Test
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Jeff Crowe</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Asad Rauf and Rudi Koertzen </td> </tr> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap">3rd Test
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Jeff Crowe</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Rudi Koertzen and Suresh Shastri</td> </tr> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap">1st ODI
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Jeff Crowe</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Rudi Koertzen</td> </tr> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap">2nd ODI
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Jeff Crowe</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Rudi Koertzen</td> </tr> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap">3rd ODI
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Jeff Crowe</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Rudi Koertzen</td></tr></tbody></table>

Sohel
June 19, 2007, 07:51 AM
Good dig Miraz bhai - glad not to see Asoka's name there.

Tigers_eye
June 19, 2007, 08:46 AM
Good dig Miraz bhai - glad not to see Asoka's name there.
Not so fast. In ODIs he may show up as one of the local umpires. Keep your fingers crossed.

Shafin
June 19, 2007, 08:57 AM
[বাংলা]সুরেশ শাস্ত্রী ভোগাবে[/বাংলা]

akabir77
June 19, 2007, 09:40 AM
I am sure he will be there... SL is well known for their ump... Hope they will not need an ump to win against us...

Mohiul
June 19, 2007, 09:40 AM
Good news! At least Ashoka de Silva is not officiating in tests

Sohel
June 19, 2007, 09:44 AM
[বাংলা]সুরেশ শাস্ত্রী ভোগাবে[/বাংলা]

এটা কে ? "রবীদার" খালাতো ভাই নাকি ?

SMHasan
June 19, 2007, 09:53 AM
এটা কে ? "রবীদার" খালাতো ভাই নাকি ?

[বাংলা]রবীদা'র খালাতো ভাই হলো চন্দ্রঁ দা :) [/বাংলা]

Murad
June 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
i dont like this guy (Rudi Koertzen) since the wc match.. hes not a good umpire.. he does a lot of mistakes despite being an experienced umpire....

akabir77
June 19, 2007, 12:13 PM
i dont like this guy (Rudi Koertzen) since the wc match.. hes not a good umpire.. he does a lot of mistakes despite being an experienced umpire....

In other words he is experienced in making mistakes ;)

Murad
June 19, 2007, 12:40 PM
In other words he is experienced in making mistakes ;)

lolz.. very true..

Rubu
June 19, 2007, 12:40 PM
Asoka failed the umpire's test and I think he is not in elite panel anymore (I read something of that sort, not sure). But he has no way to show up in test as in test, both umpires has to be foreign (in ODI one native one foreign).

However, I'm concerned about the new guy. As it always turns out, the weaker teams suffer most from wrong umpire decision.

Tigers_eye
June 19, 2007, 12:53 PM
Asoka failed the umpire's test and I think he is not in elite panel anymore (I read something of that sort, not sure). But he has no way to show up in test as in test, both umpires has to be foreign (in ODI one native one foreign).

However, I'm concerned about the new guy. As it always turns out, the weaker teams suffer most from wrong umpire decision.
Now since he is not in the elite panel it is more so fearing that he may reside in the ODIs to get back in there.

Actually it is the pressure the experienced team puts on the new umpire. It takes time to get accustomed to the bag of tricks that most experienced captains have. We, on the other hand, can't even appeal properly when there is an out. Sakib's throw in WC which was a sure out yet our players (including captain) failed to capitalize on that. It wasn't even referred to the third umpire. Pathetic!!

Rest assured, Murali would make sure Suresh understands that every ball of his will hit the stumps. Jayawardene and Sangakkara and fielders around the stumps will back him up even if they don't see it hitting.

MohammedC
June 19, 2007, 06:18 PM
"Koerzten is not immune to the pressures of the job, and in 2000-01 his errors contributed to one of the most fractious matches of modern times, the second Test between Sri Lanka and England at Kandy"

Andrew Miller

Lateley he has been making too many mistake. He should retire. 58 too old to umpire modern day cricket.....and he has made mistakes in Srilanka before I wonder what exactly that was.