PDA

View Full Version : Sending parcels to Bangladesh (Dhaka)

Rubu
June 19, 2007, 09:35 AM
Never sent a parcel to Bangladesh before. I need to send about 1-2 pounds of medicines.

What is the best way, anyone has any idea?

akabir77
June 19, 2007, 10:10 AM
best is USPS. I think like dhl/fdex they also use a private company in bangladesh to deliver stuff at the destination. you should double check that. if they do ( i think they do) it will be cheapest. else fdex is cheaper then others. BTW you can't send any med u want they have to be custom approved...

Rubu
June 19, 2007, 10:13 AM
They are over the counter medicines, so I don't know if that would be a issue. I took them last time when I went there.

Kabir
June 19, 2007, 10:17 AM
Taking medicines there is different than sending it through postal services. It's the same as taking clothes and sending clothes.

Over the counter medicine doesn't mean it's legal everywhere in the world. More importantly, pharmaceutical companies charge different types of taxes for different countries. I would really urge you to check with the postal company and see if they allow pharmaceutical products to be sent even if it's off the counter. Keep your fingers crossed.

akabir77
June 19, 2007, 10:19 AM
They are over the counter medicines, so I don't know if that would be a issue. I took them last time when I went there.

I think u will be ok. but taking with you is not the same as sending them over mail as you have to declare them when you post them but when u r taking them u don't even mention to the custom people (normally)... anyway over the counter stuff should be fine...

akabir77
June 19, 2007, 10:19 AM
opps Kabir bhai beat me to it...

akabir77
June 19, 2007, 10:21 AM
btw if they don't just put the madicine in another bottle and ship them saying what ever they permit...

Bangali chaadey giya 2 numberi korbo...

Rubu
June 19, 2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll make that sure.

Tehsin
June 24, 2007, 09:54 AM
btw if they don't just put the madicine in another bottle and ship them saying what ever they permit...

Bangali chaadey giya 2 numberi korbo...

Aami ordhek bangali, ordhek American. 2 numbari te konota konotar theke kom jaina. Difference holo, ekta kore suit porey/engrejitey, onnota kore lungi porey/banglai. :)