PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Miraz: Ash article makes Cricinfo

cricman
June 20, 2007, 12:14 AM
In the winter of 1993, at Dhaka's Siddheswary cricket ground, the breeding ground of many Bangladeshi national cricketers, the local Amarjyothi club was holding its practice sessions. Several higher-level cricketers, including would-be internationals Khaled Mashud and Khaled Mahmud and Bangladesh A opener Imran Hamid Partho, were part of these sessions.read the rest here

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/slvbdesh/content/current/story/298592.html

:bravo:

amethyst
June 20, 2007, 12:22 AM
Congratz! :clap: That article deserved it. Want more like this. :-) Keep it up, Miraz bhai.

Kabir
June 20, 2007, 12:24 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai.

Btw, how did you find the article? I couldn't find it from BD site on CricInfo!

cricman
June 20, 2007, 12:25 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai.

I got hookups, nah http://www.banglacricket.com/Newsfeeds/

look for the rise and rise of Mohammad Ashraful, they'll update it in a few hrs methinks

tigerpain
June 20, 2007, 12:26 AM
COngragulation Man... :big_hug: it was a great article and you deserve two thump up!!!!!!
Nice we need more writer to Cricinfo. I am glad cricinfo is out of indian hand.... :D ESPN nice job!!:)

AsifTheManRahman
June 20, 2007, 12:26 AM
Good stuff. Does the article look a bit different? And is this your own column on cricinfo or a rather generic one?

Huda
June 20, 2007, 12:35 AM
Good stuff. Does the article look a bit different? And is this your own column on cricinfo or a rather generic one?

Congrats Miraz. The article is slightly different, with a few sentences here or there missing.

ialbd
June 20, 2007, 12:36 AM
nice nice..... good job...

PoorFan
June 20, 2007, 12:42 AM
That tiny Ash picture is great! I never saw any picture of Ash that young.

It was almost an action replay of eight years before when Mahmud, as Amarjyothi captain, had turned to the unknown ten-year-old.

Btw, looks like there is a mixup between Mashud and Mahmud as captain of Amarjyothi.

crikss
June 20, 2007, 12:45 AM
first of all...congrats Mirza bhai...

Cricinfo article is lil bit different..just take a look from cricinfo

One day Mashud, the club captain, asked him if he wanted to be a cricketer. Pat came the reply: "Yes. I can bowl some legspin. If you allow me, I can show you."

But in Bangla cricket it was like
One day Khaled Mahmud, captain of Amarjyoti club, asked him, “Do you want to be a cricketer”? Yes, the answer was very prompt from him. “I can bowl a bit, leg spin bowling. If you allow me, I can show you some,”

So who was that guy Mashud or Mahmud

Nocturnal
June 20, 2007, 12:52 AM
WOW! good stuff Miraz bhai :)

Murad
June 20, 2007, 01:01 AM
ya i just saw it there... and so glad to see it there..

Mahir
June 20, 2007, 01:18 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai.

As of now, they have it on the Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh series page.

And yes, many congratulations to Miraz bhai for having your piece of Ash published on CI.

Shafin
June 20, 2007, 01:23 AM
You made history,Miraj Vai,Congratulations.:big_hug:

BTW,you have not answered my question,which one of your articles you would rate as your best?

cricket_pagol
June 20, 2007, 01:25 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai... we are proud of you!!!

Shafin
June 20, 2007, 01:28 AM
They changed the tone of the writing, I liked the one posted on BC more,it was more inspiring.Maybe thats the price for internationalization.

MarufH
June 20, 2007, 01:33 AM
Congrats Miraz... Amader shobar mukh ujjol korar jonno.... :bravo:

[]

Murad
June 20, 2007, 01:35 AM
in the BC article it was K Mahmud.. but CI article saying Mashud.. confusing...

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 02:01 AM
Thanks everyone.

All the credit goes to BanglaCricket and the members for their inspirations.

Cricinfo did some editing and it's normal with every website.

MarufH
June 20, 2007, 02:04 AM
Thanks everyone.

I'm glad they gave u full credit (cricinfo).... keep up the good work buddy!

PoorFan
June 20, 2007, 02:05 AM
Not a nice call in a nice moment.

RazabQ
June 20, 2007, 02:06 AM
Article made the front page. Dunno if it was Miraz or the copy editors at CI, but the CI version is definitely more polished. Kudos M - u da man!

ammark
June 20, 2007, 02:09 AM
Just read it at CricInfo. Shabash Miraz Bhai.

nasimul
June 20, 2007, 02:19 AM
Very good article. Congratulation Miraz Bhai

MarufH
June 20, 2007, 02:23 AM
Not a nice call in a nice moment.

Sorry... I was really upset.... got carried away...

Shafin
June 20, 2007, 02:50 AM
Article made the front page. Dunno if it was Miraz or the copy editors at CI, but the CI version is definitely more polished. Kudos M - u da man!
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/af0a3bd456.png (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Hopefully it'll get enough clicks to promote it to the Top Stories.

Sohel
June 20, 2007, 03:01 AM
BIG hug Miraz bhai, proud of you. Excellent copy editing BTW.

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 03:09 AM
The article is published on the very first day of Ash's captaincy on the field.

A big occasion.

Omio
June 20, 2007, 03:38 AM
Congrates Miraz vai,I m really happy to see that article over there..

Omio
June 20, 2007, 03:39 AM
The article is published on the very first day of Ash's captaincy on the field.

A big occasion.
yaa, it is.
He is now batting, 13 not out,

yaseer
June 20, 2007, 03:59 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai.........the article deserves it....keep it going....looking more from you

israr
June 20, 2007, 05:28 AM
big time congrats to Miraz bhai, really proud to be a member of BC

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 05:28 AM
first of all...congrats Mirza bhai...

Cricinfo article is lil bit different..just take a look from cricinfo

One day Mashud, the club captain, asked him if he wanted to be a cricketer. Pat came the reply: "Yes. I can bowl some legspin. If you allow me, I can show you."

But in Bangla cricket it was like
One day Khaled Mahmud, captain of Amarjyoti club, asked him, “Do you want to be a cricketer”? Yes, the answer was very prompt from him. “I can bowl a bit, leg spin bowling. If you allow me, I can show you some,”

So who was that guy Mashud or Mahmud

It was Mahmud and Cricinfo is also showing Mahmud
One day Mahmud, the club captain, asked him if he wanted to be a cricketer. Pat came the reply: "Yes. I can bowl some legspin. If you allow me, I can show you."

cricket_king
June 20, 2007, 05:38 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai :)

nmhimal
June 20, 2007, 05:41 AM
congratulation miraz bhai, you make us proud. i am not surprized by that. keep it on and go bangladesh!!!

nmhimal
June 20, 2007, 05:51 AM
ashraful is out

Mohammad Ashraful c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifJayawardene b Herath 37 (89b 6x4 1x6) SR: 41.57

Shafin
June 20, 2007, 06:22 AM
It showed Mashud when the article was first published,that was later corrected.

rubel_18
June 20, 2007, 07:14 AM
congrats Miraz Bhai, you deserve it, Great Article

One World
June 20, 2007, 07:26 AM
This article has achieved the honor it deserved.

Isnt it Bulbul behind the stumps?

patriot
June 20, 2007, 07:27 AM
Great Stuff Miraz Bhai!!!

Rubu
June 20, 2007, 07:51 AM
Good Job Miraz Bhai. Way to go.

capslock
June 20, 2007, 07:56 AM
Congrats Miraz, this is an achievement of which you should be proud.

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 08:07 AM
I am feeling a bit elated. :)

As I said previously, it's the members who should receive the applaud. Your inspirations always drive me to write.

On a second note, I feel we should give some positive feedback to the article. It will help to publish BanglaCricket articles in future.

ottawaGuy
June 20, 2007, 08:10 AM
You're carrying BC to new heights. Congrats!

Sovik
June 20, 2007, 08:14 AM
finally we have one of our own writer in cricinfo.

congratulations miraz bhai

SS
June 20, 2007, 08:19 AM
Good job Mr. Miraz. Congrats. I hope Ash redeems himself again and prove us again that he can save our team.

Padosan
June 20, 2007, 08:21 AM
Congrats Miraz, honestly i am not surprised a lot, coz this quality of writings will make it there one day.

It was just the matter of time and its such a well deserved honor for Miraz and Ash that it got published on the first day when Ash is leading the side, living his dreams !!!

My request to Miraz is keep writing such articles, since you are already noted and published, cricinfo will definitely look into your other articles. We are all waiting for your other three articles (which you promised :) to write) to be on cricinfo soon. Write them and post them on BC, am sure it will make it to cricinfo when these players perform in the current series.

cheers and congrats once again

Padosan

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 08:28 AM
Congrats Miraz, honestly i am not surprised a lot, coz this quality of writings will make it there one day.

It was just the matter of time and its such a well deserved honor for Miraz and Ash that it got published on the first day when Ash is leading the side, living his dreams !!!

My request to Miraz is keep writing such articles, since you are already noted and published, cricinfo will definitely look into your other articles. We are all waiting for your other three articles (which you promised :) to write) to be on cricinfo soon. Write them and post them on BC, am sure it will make it to cricinfo when these players perform in the current series.

cheers and congrats once again

Padosan
Padosn, may thanks mate!
Now can you clarify a bit, which three articles I promised to write? :)

BTW, I liked the picture posted by Cricinfo.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/194898.jpg

It was our early days. Now I think no batsman will take the risk to work as a stump like Bulbul did. :D
Look at Ashraful, he is knocking even without wearing batting gloves. :)

And thanks everyone for your kind words.

Padosan
June 20, 2007, 08:50 AM
Padosn, may thanks mate!
Now can you clarify a bit, which three articles I promised to write? :)

you are welcome.

I remember you mentioned something, when you were talking abt the research you did for writing the Ash article, that you were gathering info on 3 other players too.
Well even if you didnt, plz do write on Mash, Sakib and rafique :D

cheers !

Padosan
June 20, 2007, 08:55 AM

It was our early days. Now I think no batsman will take the risk to work as a stump like Bulbul did. :D
Look at Ashraful, he is knocking even without wearing batting gloves. :)

Forget Ashraful, bulbul definitely doesnt want his bails clipped ;)

babubangla
June 20, 2007, 09:07 AM
Well done, Miraz.
Although I liked the BC version of the article--cricinfo editing took some of the passion and excitement out of it.

Ehsan
June 20, 2007, 09:11 AM
Good work Miraz bhai. Congrats.

IanW
June 20, 2007, 09:12 AM
Nice work. I hope they paid you with a bag of ESPN's cash :)

Ian

Nasif
June 20, 2007, 09:24 AM
Miraz bhai two thumbs :up:

Excellent and wonderful job.

akabir77
June 20, 2007, 09:25 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai

We have 3 cricinfo writers now (abid, shuvro and now miraz )
now we need a S rajesh...

oracle
June 20, 2007, 09:25 AM
Congratulations Miraz!
A significant event for BC!

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 09:43 AM
Well done, Miraz.
Although I liked the BC version of the article--cricinfo editing took some of the passion and excitement out of it.

Cricinfo also made a mistake. They included Khaled Mashud in the article. Khaled Mashud never played for Amarjyoti.

Now they have corrected the mistake.

akabir77
June 20, 2007, 09:52 AM
Cricinfo also made a mistake. They included Khaled Mashud in the article. Khaled Mashud never played for Amarjyoti.

Now they have corrected the mistake.

I don't know why CI editors feels like to edit the stuff when it clearly doesn't need any on top they put the wrong name... hope s rejesh is not the editor editing your stuff he always put wrong info...

babubangla
June 20, 2007, 10:01 AM
BTW, I liked the picture posted by Cricinfo.

May be Bangladeshi bowling attack was not so accurate during those days.
You can tell from the picture that:

1. Due to lack of control, most of the balls went on the leg side as evident from Bulbul's left leg protection

2. Only once in a while balls were bowled on or just outside of off stump and Bulbul could get away from those occasional accuracy using the protective bat on his right hand.

3. No bowler had the accuracy to bowl on the middle stump line. Proof? Bulbul is still alive and healthy. :)

chinaman
June 20, 2007, 10:01 AM
Congratulations, Miraz.

If Ashrafuls debut at Siddheswary cricket ground is credited for 'all sorts of trouble for the Amarjyothi batsmen' then your debut on cricinfo must be credited for equally scintillating thrills for all banglacricket members. Good going. :up:

Electrequiem
June 20, 2007, 10:04 AM
Congrats, Miraz bhai! Great feat for you, and also for BC! How much mula did they pay you :D?

akabir77
June 20, 2007, 10:13 AM

1. Due to lack of control, most of the balls went on the leg side as evident from Bulbul's left leg protection

2. Only once in a while balls were bowled on or just outside of off stump and Bulbul could get away from those occasional accuracy using the protective bat on his right hand.

3. No bowler had the accuracy to bowl on the middle stump line. Proof? Bulbul is still alive and healthy. :)
BB bhai u r wrong. during practice they still wear left pad only... this was not even in a wicket/pitch, its on grass so not very serious batting practice is going on...

WarWolf
June 20, 2007, 10:15 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai

We have 3 cricinfo writers now (abid, shuvro and now miraz )
now we need a S rajesh...
Bhai apni amader S Rajesh hon na, plsss.

Anher
June 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
congrates! Weldone Miraz bhai.

ononto
June 20, 2007, 10:44 AM
Thanks everyone.

Your one was far more inspiring, better and easy than the one in cricinfo. Anyway, Congrats.

radagast
June 20, 2007, 11:56 AM
I thought cricinfo doesn’t do freelance writing! This is awesome. Congratulation Miraz Bhai.

betaar
June 20, 2007, 12:16 PM
This is simply brilliant...... the next thing for Miraz should be a position in Cricinfo as a Bangaldeshi writer covering the BD seires alongside Rabeed Imam.

Congratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trigger_Tiger
June 20, 2007, 12:26 PM
This is simply brilliant...... the next thing for Miraz should be a position in Cricinfo as a Bangaldeshi writer covering the BD seires alongside Rabeed Imam.

Congratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Miya tumi amar mukher kotha, moner asha, shopney dekha bhalobasha (acricinfo job to one our our fellow BCs) kaira niso :-p!!!!!

Murad
June 20, 2007, 12:27 PM

they fixed it later i guess.. but it was Mashud before..

rah
June 20, 2007, 12:31 PM
DANG. ONE OF OUR BWOIS GET ONTO DA BIG LEAGUE....lool
congrats miraz bhai, u made us proud

bengaltiger
June 20, 2007, 02:05 PM
good stuff miraz bhai

Rajowana
June 20, 2007, 02:16 PM
great article!!!!!Keep it up!!!

BD Tigers
June 20, 2007, 02:21 PM

I know BabuBangla was just joking but that aside, Ash and Bulbul are knocking, mean somebody is just throwing the ball, specially overpitched ball, and the batsman just follow thru. this way u can improve yr batting technique.

cricketboy
June 20, 2007, 02:29 PM
Feeling proud to be a BC member today. :big_hug:

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
New Age published the same article without even mentioning BanglaCricket or Authors name

http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html

Poor journalism.

Trigger_Tiger
June 20, 2007, 03:38 PM
New Age published the same article without even mentioning BanglaCricket or Authors name

Poor journalism.

Those Jack@$$3$ :mad:!!!!!

FaridpurChicago
June 20, 2007, 04:32 PM
Bhai Miraz, you made all of us proud. Keep it up.

One small question, How you got that pic of Ash? or was it the CI guys who kept it in their collection?

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 04:34 PM
Bhai Miraz, you made all of us proud. Keep it up.

One small question, How you got that pic of Ash? or was it the CI guys who kept it in their collection?

It was the CI guys. In fact it is the property of Getty Images, CI bought it from Getty.

I have to agree that Cricinfo is now giving due attention to Bangladesh cricket especially after the world cup.

They deserve the appreciation.

selina
June 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
Just like Ash started his illustrious career as a net boy at Sidhdheswary grounds and later went on to be a bowler for Amarjyoti. Miraz bhaiya you've began your legend at BC and now are going on to CI.

BD is proud of Ash and BC is proud of MIraz bhai !! :flag:

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2007, 04:50 PM

Poor journalism.
I am sure they don't even know where the article originated from. They did mention cricinfo though.

They have a knack of copy-pasting news from other media outlets.

Miraz
June 20, 2007, 05:40 PM
All the members were very generous in using good words about me. It's the unique character of BanglaCricket, we all feel like family members here.

I am probably not worthy of such a high level of praise.

At the end of the day, I am a simple BC member who is trying to express his thoughts about Bangladesh cricket.

Trust me, I still sweat when writing any articles. After posting each article anxiously wait for the response from the members. Thankfully you are always generous and that keeps me going. :)

Kind regards,

Miraz

Zobair
June 20, 2007, 07:46 PM
Belated congrats Miraz! You are an inspiration.

Spitfire_x86
June 20, 2007, 07:54 PM
:clap: :bravo: :up:

bourny3
June 20, 2007, 07:54 PM
Welll done miraz you made it to the main homepage of cricinfo. That is an achievment well done.

cricketboy
June 20, 2007, 08:07 PM
We need people like Miraz bhai if we want to represent out cricket to the world and ofcourse performance from our tigers.

Kabir
June 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
Miraz bhai, r boilen na. Chokhe pani choila ashlo :lol:

Jokes apart, I would like BC admins to contact NewAgeBD and ask them to properly cite the author. This is very bad, and you have every right to fine them.

mali007
June 20, 2007, 08:41 PM
What an inspirational article !! Keep it up .

gadha
June 20, 2007, 10:02 PM
Great job Miraz bhai. You deserve every praise that was given to you by the BC members. Keep up the good work and make bangaly proud....:applause: :fanflag:

layperson
June 20, 2007, 10:20 PM
Now that you are well onto your way to being famous, Miraz bhai dont you think you should let the world know of your guru too. The one who taught you all this.
I will accept a packet of biryani by DHL for all my hard work, thank you very much. :D

BD-Shardul
June 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
Trust me, I still sweat when writing any articles.

Agree, undoubtedly writing is the one of the toughest tasks. For what you have done, ---

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t234/bishonno/gigem_big.jpg

Mohiul
June 21, 2007, 03:02 AM
congratulation, Miraz bhai

mahbubH
June 21, 2007, 06:02 AM
Good one. Nice to see Banglacricket stuffs in cricinfo!!

Hope to see more from you, Miraz!!

Hatebreed
June 21, 2007, 11:35 AM
Congrats Miraz bhai. Your articles are well-researched, insightful and provide a unique perspective into our cricket. Keep it up.

Nafis_BD
June 22, 2007, 03:22 PM
Great Congratulations Miraz bhaiya!!!

kalpurush
June 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
Forget Ashraful, bulbul definitely doesnt want his bails clipped ;)

...classi one!!:D

kalpurush
June 22, 2007, 05:00 PM

babu bhai...aro boro proman....he is producing next generation cricketers...is he?!!!:D

kalpurush
June 22, 2007, 05:11 PM
Miraz bhai: Congrats...for a great work.
Ebong, shdhu kothay-e chira bhija noy...whenever you come to Canada, pls. visit us and will never forget the tastes of my(!!!) cooking with horek rokom moruvumi!:D

zahid
June 22, 2007, 07:23 PM
Miraz bhai valoi lekhsey!