PDA

View Full Version : keys to bangladesh success in tests

Rifat
June 20, 2007, 12:49 PM
in my humble opinion, i believe bangladesh will take a lot out of this series, if and only if they work on...

1. batting cautiously and knowing when to play what and having a calm mind.(do not play like it is a one day game, feel like you have all the time in the world to score a fifty or a century so you can do it, hopefully fans who watch the game feel on the same note as it is the nature of the test game, so fans shouldn't be dissapointed if they see a score like bangladesh 115/0 in 45 overs, that's actually pretty damn good considering an oppnent like sri lanka)

2. bowling in line and length consistently, but decieving the batsmen out of surprise and playing the "jodi laiga jai" trick!

3. consistently after some period of time rotate bowlers and have faith in them :)

4. fielding is a key here, it does pay an improtant role in the final results whether you agree or not.

and last but not least have fun :) :flag: :-|

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
Bowling: make the batsman play. Meaning on the off stump bowling or just outside the off stump. Keep the batsman guessing.

Batting: wickets are precious than your wife. Don't give it up.

Fielding: Just be alert and attack.

Coaching: Take out a wip and .....

Rubu
June 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
In other words, sticking to the basics of cricket.....

mali007
June 20, 2007, 01:16 PM
Patience, patience and patience --------- try to bat six sessions in an innings. Reward
a batsman who can bat atleast four sessions.

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2007, 01:23 PM
Patience, patience and patience --------- try to bat six sessions in an innings. Reward
a batsman who can bat atleast four sessions.
That equates a 200 + on his own account. 120+ overs, he facing 60 overs by himself hypothetically speaking. (360+ balls)

Rewards would pour from all corners to the 1st BD batsman to score 200+ anyways.

Niceman70
June 20, 2007, 06:30 PM
Bowling: make the batsman play. Meaning on the off stump bowling or just outside the off stump. Keep the batsman guessing.

Batting: wickets are precious than your wife. Don't give it up.

Fielding: Just be alert and attack.

wicket is more precious than wife? hahaha..if that happens we will not see any wickets give away at all...good one!

selina
June 20, 2007, 06:38 PM

LOL that's gonna have to be our last resort:D
Whenever we lose really badly my family says "Beth diye bari mara uchit".
(they're kidding):saint:

sadhat
June 20, 2007, 07:16 PM
Batting: Score 10 runs, then think you have not scored a run yet - meaning start your innings from the zero. Make 20 then do it again. Do it again and again until you score 120* (205 balls)

shovon13
June 20, 2007, 08:55 PM
Batting: Score 10 runs, then think you have not scored a run yet - meaning start your innings from the zero. Make 20 then do it again. Do it again and again until you score 120* (205 balls)

then make your next goal 240. dont stop until lara decides to show up to the ground.

rah
June 21, 2007, 11:18 AM
In other words, sticking to the basics of cricket.....

DITTO

Sovik
June 21, 2007, 05:32 PM
wicket is more precious than wife? hahaha..if that happens we will not see any wickets give away at all...good one!

and our bowlers should go for sri lankan batsman's wife. its all about saving your own wife.

One World
June 21, 2007, 10:17 PM
in my humble opinion, i believe bangladesh will take a lot out of this series, if and only if they work on...

1. batting cautiously and knowing when to play what and having a calm mind.(do not play like it is a one day game, feel like you have all the time in the world to score a fifty or a century so you can do it, hopefully fans who watch the game feel on the same note as it is the nature of the test game, so fans shouldn't be dissapointed if they see a score like bangladesh 115/0 in 45 overs, that's actually pretty damn good considering an oppnent like sri lanka)

2. bowling in line and length consistently, but decieving the batsmen out of surprise and playing the "jodi laiga jai" trick!

3. consistently after some period of time rotate bowlers and have faith in them :)

4. fielding is a key here, it does pay an improtant role in the final results whether you agree or not.

and last but not least have fun :) :flag: :-|

Now instead of havin fun i am scared cos how well and repeatedly proven your suggestions are by the opponent side.

Rifat
June 22, 2007, 09:22 AM
that is a fear my friend but bangladesh is capable too, lets wait and watch