PDA

View Full Version : Musfiq Is The Best

jahidus200
June 21, 2007, 02:43 AM
Musfiq Is Our Of Best Wicketkipper Right Now . He Is Really Good Player. And He Is Better Player For Test And Odi FOR OUR team. he have better quality than masud .when masud in our team then after 5 wickets we think we are allout. in three days match aginst srilanka a team his score is just 8 runs . but why , when we see musfiq in our team than we can see everybody is confidence they can win.

Trigger_Tiger
June 21, 2007, 02:45 AM
Everybody Musfiq Is Our One Of Best Wicketkipper Right Now . He Is Really Good Player. And He Is Better Player For Test And Odi. And That Is He Showing In Srilanka. We Really Should Keep In The Squad For Three Test And Odi.

Orey Bapz :-p.....I'd wait till after this series to dub him the best wicketkeeper yet even though so far he is definitely one of the best.

Antora
June 21, 2007, 02:47 AM
Everybody Musfiq Is Our One Of Best Wicketkipper Right Now . He Is Really Good Player. And He Is Better Player For Test And Odi. And That Is He Showing In Srilanka. We Really Should Keep In The Squad For Three Test And Odi.

I( agree he is a good player.. but wait till the series is over!!!!!!

Baundule
June 21, 2007, 03:23 AM

He is our Bradman! I know it, too. But just thinking WHY.

Antora
June 21, 2007, 03:31 AM

just because he plays good in one or two test matches.. he becomes our bradman????????
oh god!!!

jahidus200
June 21, 2007, 03:31 AM

maybe he will be a bradman . but for kipper in our team . but you can't be a bradman. so then calm down

Baundule
June 21, 2007, 03:35 AM
maybe he will be a bradman . but for kipper in our team . but you can't be a bradman. so then calm down

Of course, NOT! He is our Bradman, even though he did not do any thing to prove that.

I am just echoing your voice, mate. A bit extremely, though. ;)

Baundule
June 21, 2007, 03:37 AM
just because he plays good in one or two test matches.. he becomes our bradman????????
oh god!!!

antora, why NOT? you saw, even today, he scored 30+. It needs only 70 more to reach Bradman's average!

Antora
June 21, 2007, 03:40 AM
antora, why NOT? you saw, even today, he scored 30+. It needs only 70 more to reach Bradman's average!

cof cof*****

to bad this aint a real test match for the average to count!!!!!!!:wave:

Rumz_01
June 21, 2007, 04:55 AM
oi oi Mushi..can play really well! n he is a great wicket keeper to...

(not mention the whiteness of his teeth..LMAO)

Antora
June 21, 2007, 04:57 AM

wow u look at him that closely???

MohammedC
June 21, 2007, 04:59 AM
Mushfiq is a better batsman than pilot that is for sure so contest in that department. But is he a better keeper. I dont think Pilot is anything special behind the stump. He has made mistakes and so has Musfiq but only difference is Mushfiq is getting better day by day and Pilots is going downhill (may be age thing). I would start choosing Mushfiq for both form of cricket though in the past I would have prefer Pilot in test matches but if hr keeps missing chances he is just occupying another space. I am sorry to say its time Pilot hands it over to Mushfiq.

Warlock
June 21, 2007, 07:31 AM
Mushi or no Mushi, can't bear to see Pilot playing anymore! 8 runs scored in 80+ deliveries! The guy should hang himself! If he needs a piece of rope I will give it to him....

Sohel
June 21, 2007, 07:49 AM
If Mushy is the best, who's the worst ? ... and don't forget that sea of mediocrity in the middle.

SS
June 21, 2007, 08:00 AM
Huge gap of cricketing knowledge and techniques with old generation and the new ones. They can't be compared in same level. Remember when Al Shahriar used to play dashing strokes, he was our one of best strikers/stroke makers and now we have lot like him. This generation flourished lot better than the old one. But time is nearing when Old has to give the responsibility to the younger ones, younger ones have to get ready as soon as possible to take the roll. Now it's time for them to lead the nation, and they have to be the BEST.

Sohel
June 21, 2007, 08:13 AM
Shahriar Hossain Biddut: চাইর না মাইরাই আউট !

Al Shahriar Rokon: চাইর একডা মাইরা আউট !

Shahriar Nafees Abir: চাইর তিন্ডা মাইরা আউট !

Which Shahriar will you choose ?

amra_korbo_joy
June 21, 2007, 08:17 AM
Mushfiq should be describe as a batsman who can also wicketkeeping. Mushfiq is the best batsman by temperament in test. He is better batsman by technique than Javed Omar, Sharier Nafees(nobody will agree but it is true). Like all other batsman(except Ashraful), there is a scope of improvement to play quality spinner.

SS
June 21, 2007, 08:17 AM

The future Shahriar coming in ten years!

Sohel
June 21, 2007, 08:42 AM
The future Shahriar coming in ten years!

Ten years for জনাব চাইর নয়ডা মাইরা আউট ?

Fazal
June 21, 2007, 10:14 AM
Good to see some confident runs from Rahim. No doubt, he will create some pressure to include in the test team in this series. And when he does, I hope he performs confidently. We need competition in every slots for the sake of our team.

Tigers_eye
June 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
Can anyone buy him those shoes with which one can get 3"-4" tall? Or some herbal medicine which has the same affect? May be a combination of both?

Only then I will be calling him our Hanif. Hopefully will be the first BD to score a 337 in test.

Rajowana
June 21, 2007, 10:39 AM

yesh i agree too he IS a good batsman and he IS a good wicket keeper.
lol hahaha it's all about the teeth again lol bless u lol:-D

Rajowana
June 21, 2007, 10:40 AM
Can anyone buy him those shoes with which one can get 3"-4" tall? Or some herbal medicine which has the same affect? May be a combination of both?

hahahahahahaha awwwww blesss

rah
June 21, 2007, 11:16 AM

lool, as a keppa his teeth should SHINE A LOT, to put of da batsmen at da otha end
lool

GothamCity
June 21, 2007, 11:29 AM
I have to agree with you bro. At 18 this guy has more poise than any other batsman on the team. Even the win against India in the WC, Tamim laid the foundation but Mushfiq kept a cool head and finished the job for us. Mushfiq all the way.

Mushfiq should be describe as a batsman who can also wicketkeeping. Mushfiq is the best batsman by temperament in test. He is better batsman by technique than Javed Omar, Sharier Nafees(nobody will agree but it is true). Like all other batsman(except Ashraful), there is a scope of improvement to play quality spinner.

GothamCity
June 21, 2007, 11:30 AM
He is still 18. Medically he still has time to grow taller !
BTW How tall is Ashraful ? (or How short, one should say)

Only then I will be calling him our Hanif. Hopefully will be the first BD to score a 337 in test.

Sillypoint
June 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
I don't know about being the 'best'...but he definitely is 'better' than KMP batting-wise.

Pundit
June 21, 2007, 11:37 AM
Bradman is over-rated. And Mushfique is the real deal - way better than the 99er!

I forsee Mushfique with a 35 batting average after his first 15 tests <this sentance has no connection with the first>.

Rumz_01
June 21, 2007, 12:14 PM
lool, as a keppa his teeth should SHINE A LOT, to put of da batsmen at da otha end
lool

lmao!!!!
:floor: :floor:

Beamer
June 21, 2007, 12:20 PM
Even when he was playing at age group levels, he always played well with tail. That is a very important aspect of lower order batting that goes unnoticed all the time. If you dig through a lot of the games that he has been involved with, you will see that aspect of his game in clarity. He is solid enough to be a no.3, but for the while, I would like to see him coming at no.5 or no.6, so he can play with batsmen first, before the tails join him. Gradually, he can be moved higher and higher up the order.

Rumz_01
June 21, 2007, 12:21 PM

wow u look at him that closely???

hmm...if we analyse the situation...and we look at the circumstances with extreme concentration...i reach the conclusion tha...(basically im chattin rubbish)

mmm...have this insane addiction wit peoples teeth...n Mushiz smile is so cute! bu hey...im a girl..

(btw people mushiz teeth have nothing to do with my love for cricket!!)

Tigers_eye
June 21, 2007, 12:34 PM
He is still 18. Medically he still has time to grow taller !
BTW How tall is Ashraful ? (or How short, one should say)
For a batsman being short can be a blessing. But for a wicket keeper that can backfire. ball having a high lift would go over his head. Even catch chances. Jumps on each side with a streched hands may not reach the a ball (A potential out becomes a four). That is why i was hoping he get a little taller. By the way, I would prefer a taller mushfiq over the current sized one any day. Ash at best 5'-3" without shoes.

Tiger Bhai
June 21, 2007, 12:51 PM
Mushfiq is much better then Pilot in all. pilot should exit before he's fire exit'd.. I would't worry much about mushiq's hight, its good for reaction when your compact to leap around for catch's.

crikss
June 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
may be this is the last tour for Pilot...cause Mushfiq will not show any mercy..

rubel_18
June 21, 2007, 01:05 PM
Clearly if those dumbhead selectors dont see how s**t Pilot is playing now compared to Mushi I think they need to go mental hospital, if he gets picked over Mushi I will probably put a bounty on the selectors heads.

rah
June 21, 2007, 01:16 PM
he is stll 18, has time to learn alot, but if he keeps on gettin petter and better, by 2011, he will be among da best wicketkeepa batsmen

kmasum
June 21, 2007, 01:21 PM
mushfiq is good no doubt abt it... let just wait till the end of series to make some serious comment !

Rifat
June 21, 2007, 01:22 PM
Mushi or no Mushi, can't bear to see Pilot playing anymore! 8 runs scored in 80+ deliveries! The guy should hang himself! If he needs a piece of rope I will give it to him....

come on you can't be that hard on him, on very few occasions pilot has come to the rescue. but i agree that he should start perfroming really well right now, (this series is probably his last chance) to keep his spot in our national team or retire with some money to spare for his family and friends.

about mushfiq, lets not jump and clap and celebrate until something significant happens, however, with him on the team the team gets an extra morale boost, and he should know that like any other player, you perform you stay and you don't perfrom you get kicked out and we can replace you...

mali007
June 21, 2007, 02:49 PM
Boys can grow in height upto 18 yrs. of age. So, Mushf. can't grow in height any more !!
Anyway, he is not only a solid batsman,rather he has good cricket sense too . I still remembered his SACRIFICING RUN OUT in WC against South Africa which helped Ash to survive and scored that big one ----- which eventually helped Bangladesh to win that match!!

Rumz_01
June 21, 2007, 03:00 PM
He has proved himself to be a worthy bastman despite his height!!!

So cumon Mushi!!!

The guy's Don!!!!

Trigger_Tiger
June 21, 2007, 04:57 PM
Ten years for জনাব চাইর নয়ডা মাইরা আউট ?

Then I would wait 20, 18 X 4 = 72.....and in 30 years we'd have a Shahriar who would hit 27 quick fours, score 108 runs and go be back in the pavilion before the blink of an eye!

Trigger_Tiger
June 21, 2007, 05:03 PM
Boys can grow in height upto 18 yrs. of age. So, Mushf. can't grow in height any more !!
Anyway, he is not only a solid batsman,rather he has good cricket sense too . I still remembered his SACRIFICING RUN OUT in WC against South Africa which helped Ash to survive and scored that big one ----- which eventually helped Bangladesh to win that match!!

Wrong, that is actually 21. Even if he can't grow anymore, how was Moin Khan still a good keeper? I think the reason why we are rating Mushy higher than we should rate him besides the fact that he is the only second WK in the International arena from BD that we see regularly and who also performs quite consistently and get better by the days is because Khaled Mashud is under performing. I don't even know if me using the words "under performing" understatement.

For Bangladesh cricket, I suggest they keep Mushy as the mainstay keeper in both forms of the game - Better safe than sorry!
And Mashud to try out this series and if he fails, to retire with respect - Too late to worry!

BangladeshFan
June 21, 2007, 05:07 PM
Mushfiq is wayyyyyyyyy better than pilot, no contest there. And specially in a test match, he has the temperament to succeed as a batsman. After a long time, Bd has found a keeper who can be relied on as a batsman.

I think he can also be included as a batsman only in tests because he is better than JO or Rajin. Unless the coach/captain is completely out of their heads, they will keep pilot out and play mushfiq in all 3 tests.

Antora
June 21, 2007, 06:11 PM
Boys can grow in height upto 18 yrs. of age. So, Mushf. can't grow in height any more !!Anyway, he is not only a solid batsman,rather he has good cricket sense too . I still remembered his SACRIFICING RUN OUT in WC against South Africa which helped Ash to survive and scored that big one ----- which eventually helped Bangladesh to win that match!!

so we are worring about his height here!!!!!!! Lol... ive always wondered whoes taller? mushy or ash???? and yes i also remember that "sacrificing run out".. it was sad to see him run out like that!!!!

Antora
June 21, 2007, 06:15 PM
lool

lmao:lol:

for some reason mushy reminds me of the "parrot" of ma cousines fav cartoon "meena"

gadha
June 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
After the showing of 8 of 81 from Pilot i haev a feeling that Mushi can beat Pilot even if Mushi bats left handed.... tc..:fanflag:

Trigger_Tiger
June 21, 2007, 10:31 PM
lmao:lol:

for some reason mushy reminds me of the "parrot" of ma cousines fav cartoon "meena"

Mushfiqur Rahim reminds me of the mother Gremlin in "The Gremlins." See for yourself why:

Mushfiqur Rahim - Bangladesh's Chirpy Little Wicket Keeper Who Can Make Big Boys Cry:
http://www.asiancricket.org/images/img_h_iccu19_06_mush.jpg

Mother Gremlin - Chirpy Little Mother Who Can Make Big Boys Cry:

http://www.lazydork.com/movies/gremlins.jpg

Nose, lips, ears, eyes, and for some, also the height!

Antora
June 21, 2007, 10:36 PM
Mushfiqur Rahim reminds me of the mother Gremlin in "The Gremlins." See for yourself why:

Mushfiqur Rahim - Bangladesh's Chirpy Little Wicket Keeper Who Can Make Big Boys Cry:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

gadha
June 21, 2007, 10:37 PM

ears, eyes, lips and height definitely match man.... not sure about the lips... but a good observation... :fanflag:

Rifat
June 22, 2007, 09:29 AM

bhai i thought you were talking about aftab ahmed, :lol: mr. nafees can't even score three fours these days, i wonder if he will come back.

Rumz_01
June 22, 2007, 11:20 AM
ears, eyes, lips and height definitely match man.... not sure about the lips... but a good observation... :fanflag:

NO WAY!...they look nuthing alike!

Beamer
June 22, 2007, 11:46 AM
I think the issue with his height while keeping is being blown out of proportion a bit. Its true that he still has a lot of work to do behind the stumps. But, being short is not the death nail in his coffin. He needs better coaching to correct some of his mistakes, and better positioning sense to judge the speed of the ball. He can be quicker on his feet to enhance his lateral movement, and if he can judge the speed of the bowler correctly, he can stand a bit further back or come up when necessary. Actually, our whole fielding technique behind the stumps ( wkt keeping and slip positions ) are flawed. We really have no clue where to stand, what technique to adopt and how to anticipate. That makes you wonder though what Whatmore did in four years time to address that critical aspect of the game. For my money, I don't think he was a good technical coach at all. A new coach must look into this matter. We just can't afford to spill catches behind the stumps, or give away boundaries because keepr was late reacting to the delivery. Those things can really demoralize a bowler..

Rajowana
June 22, 2007, 02:16 PM

lol awwwwwwwwwwww

brishti
June 22, 2007, 05:19 PM
whoah there buddy, don't need to stare at him that closely....rofl:lol:

brishti
June 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
you're so mean.....but true

brishti
June 22, 2007, 05:32 PM
I don't think height will be a big problem for rahim. If he's meant to be a good wicketkeeper he will be one. Like he said "cricket is not about height, it's about the ball and the bat and how you deal with it"

brishti
June 22, 2007, 05:38 PM
gremlin's are scary!:wow: and they dont' look alike at all infact what i think it's kinda insulting comparing a crickter to a gremlin:-/

ammark
June 22, 2007, 05:56 PM
Guys, not to sound like a harda__, but please remove those images and get rid of the content from long quotes. I know I'm guilty of having done this before, but it really does get annoying to see the same pictures multiple times only to be followed with a one liner like: "lolz... awww... soo cute"

Ammar
- Mod

Rumz_01
June 22, 2007, 06:27 PM
whoah there buddy, don't need to stare at him that closely....rofl:lol:

i wud jus like to mention that i am ...female....
n it ent my fault Mushis teeth are so damn white...(n there really strayt too!)

WarWolf
June 22, 2007, 06:40 PM
Mushy is one of our best batsmen right now for sure. But he is not the best keeper right now for sure.

Sohel
June 23, 2007, 05:23 AM
A short stature behind the stumps is an often asset due to the low center of gravity. Once Mushy learns to play the angles well with his whole body and stick to the basics, he'll surpass both Pilot and Dhiman's better keeping faster than we can possibly imagine. As I've said it before, the boy is ALL cricket and has a superior ability to learn quickly. His place in our batting-challenged squad should be guaranteed as a batsman alone. BIG thumbs up for Musy, period.

scoilaheez
June 23, 2007, 05:41 AM
He should be in ahead of Pilot but Rahim will claim his spot eventually and why not now?

brishti
June 23, 2007, 03:00 PM
exactly everyone remembers how ashraful won the game but nobody remembers that it was rahim who saved ashraful and helped bangladesh by getting run out.:flag:

brishti
June 23, 2007, 03:04 PM
i wud jus like to mention that i am ...female....
n it ent my fault Mushis teeth are so damn white...(n there really strayt too!)

LMAO it's allright i have the same sickness ( i stare at him too):blush:

One World
June 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
The thread title is very confusing. It is trying to establish a verdict like "Mushfik is the best" but does not explain further. Like "Mushfik is the best Wicket Keeper" or "Mushfik is the best Batsman" or to be more specific "Mushfik is the best Batsman of Bangladesh" and to be further more specific ""Mushfik is the best among A, B, C and D".

Anher
June 23, 2007, 05:55 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 1px">Originally Posted by Warlock

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

come on you can't be that hard on him, on very few occasions pilot has come to the rescue. but i agree that he should start perfroming really well right now, (this series is probably his last chance) to keep his spot in our national team or retire with some money to spare for his family and friends.

about mushfiq, lets not jump and clap and celebrate until something significant happens, however, with him on the team the team gets an extra morale boost, and he should know that like any other player, you perform you stay and you don't perfrom you get kicked out and we can replace you...

War part of Warlock's nick says it all..... I dont mind warlock's comments for now... Warlock always on war war mode as it should be...:-DFor his die hard comment we could follow 2 options. 1st option - we could hang warlock for war crime if musfiq doesnt perform well. :timeout:. 2nd option - Warlock(male witch) should be hanged anyway...