PDA

View Full Version : Henry confirms Barcelona transfer

sandpiper
June 23, 2007, 02:39 AM
source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6231950.stm

Thierry Henry says he is quitting Arsenal to join Spanish giants Barcelona on a four-year deal.

"I still must pass a medical on Monday but yes, I have chosen Barcelona," the 29-year-old striker told French sports daily L'Equipe on Saturday.

Barcelona had already revealed that they were close to bringing Henry to the Nou Camp in a £16m deal.

damalChele
June 23, 2007, 05:11 AM
Arsene won't be at the club after this season. A lot of other star players will leave come next summer. Very sad news indeed. I am heartbroken.

abdulw11
June 23, 2007, 05:12 AM
(Nelson style) HA-HAA :lol: :-p

£16m...a good deal for Barca...not so good for the Arse.

selina
June 23, 2007, 10:10 AM
Yipeee!! Good choice Henry.
More power to Barcelona.
We'll get our rightful La Liga trophy back next season!!! :joy:
(With Messi's help ofcourse);)

sandpiper
June 23, 2007, 03:03 PM
arsenal lost their star player, its so sad for me :( :(
although i dont dislike barca
Arsene won't be at the club after this season. A lot of other star players will leave come next summer. Very sad news indeed. I am heartbroken.

MohammedC
June 23, 2007, 03:07 PM
Arsenal is finish

Hatebreed
June 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
That's a big blow for Arse, but better out than in eh ;)

ammark
June 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
Alright, time for me to pick a new team to support. Arsenal's done for.

Hatebreed
June 23, 2007, 04:21 PM

Manchester United. >:)

damalChele
June 23, 2007, 06:29 PM

then i must say, you were never a true fan of arsenal. through thick and thin, a true fan stands by his/her team.

ammark
June 24, 2007, 12:04 AM
then i must say, you were never a true fan of arsenal. through thick and thin, a true fan stands by his/her team.

hehe... Cant say that I'm a "true fan" of any sporting team by your definition. But nah I still like Arsenal... Its just that slowly slowly everyones leaving. Started with Vieira, Ashley Cole's in Chelsea now, Reyes on loan to Real, now Henry's gone. :)

At least they're still left with Fabregas, Ljungberg, Robin van Persie, Gallas, Hleb, Gilberto, Denilson, Rosicky, Senderos and Lehmann - them I like in Arsenal

ialbd
June 24, 2007, 01:47 AM
sweet......

(barcelona fan here)

damalChele
June 24, 2007, 08:10 AM
hehe... Cant say that I'm a "true fan" of any sporting team by your definition. But nah I still like Arsenal... Its just that slowly slowly everyones leaving. Started with Vieira, Ashley Cole's in Chelsea now, Reyes on loan to Real, now Henry's gone. :)

At least they're still left with Fabregas, Ljungberg, Robin van Persie, Gallas, Hleb, Gilberto, Denilson, Rosicky, Senderos and Lehmann - them I like in Arsenal

we'll bounce back. star players leave arsenal and star players are born at arsenal. the man responsible for giving birth to such huge stars is going to leave next season. that's what i read somewhere and i can't come to terms with it as of yet. it ain't over till the fat lady sings. we'll still be at the top come next may.

patriot
June 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
That means only three clubs (Chelsea,Man u and Liverpool) will fight for the premiership title next season./:)

ammark
June 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
we'll bounce back. star players leave arsenal and star players are born at arsenal. the man responsible for giving birth to such huge stars is going to leave next season. that's what i read somewhere and i can't come to terms with it as of yet. it ain't over till the fat lady sings. we'll still be at the top come next may.

Arsene Wenger's leaving too???:-/

damalChele
June 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
Arsene Wenger's leaving too???:-/

looks like it. why do you think henry decided to leave? david dein left and arsene is leaving. henry has so much respect for both of them. wenger is like a father to him. i won't be surprised if arsene wenger is linked to a move to barca next year. no doubt few others will follow. dark days are looming ahead of us.

ammark
June 24, 2007, 07:53 PM
looks like it. why do you think henry decided to leave? david dein left and arsene is leaving. henry has so much respect for both of them. wenger is like a father to him. i won't be surprised if arsene wenger is linked to a move to barca next year. no doubt few others will follow. dark days are looming ahead of us.

I was just talking to my friend about how Henry had reacted when dein was sacked. You're right... dark days are looming ahead. Last year my other fav team Juve got relegated. Maybe I should stop bringing them bad luck with my support.

Hatebreed
June 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
I was just talking to my friend about how Henry had reacted when dein was sacked. You're right... dark days are looming ahead. Last year my other fav team Juve got relegated. Maybe I should stop bringing them bad luck with my support.

Manchester United. >:)

I take it back, don't support Man United! :timeout:

sandpiper
June 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
cants forget these goals for Arsenal, all are memories now :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10VT4V1KJ9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWEyLRYAugg

Cricket Crazy
June 26, 2007, 06:39 AM
I liked arsenal only coz henry was in the team. nw its so sad! if arsene webger goes aswell den we r finished.