PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafee Injured before SL Test?

Sillypoint
June 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
I heard from Channel I news that Mash is having lower back (komor) pain. Damn! I hope he will be fit before the game begins. We just can not afford Mash to sit out a test match.

rah
June 23, 2007, 12:35 PM
No Dont Say Dat Bhaijaan

Rifat
June 23, 2007, 12:46 PM
it is ok bangladesh should not keep their hopes down due to an injury of a star player. instead every player should concentrate on hey what can i do for the team that will benefit towards a better result.

Electrequiem
June 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
Mash always bounces back ... let's keep our hopes up.

sandpiper
June 23, 2007, 12:57 PM
I hope its nothing grave and he will recover soon:wave:

Trigger_Tiger
June 23, 2007, 01:02 PM
it is ok bangladesh should not keep their hopes down due to an injury of a star player. instead every player should concentrate on hey what can i do for the team that will benefit towards a better result.

I like that attitude :up:!

Nafis_BD
June 23, 2007, 01:04 PM
I hope nothing serious happens to Mash and he recovers soon and even if he doesn't play then the team plays good to recover Mash's loss!!!

ononto
June 23, 2007, 02:24 PM

Cooolllll...

Miraz
June 23, 2007, 02:24 PM
Hopefully nothing serious, from Daily Star (http://thedailystar.ws/2007/06/24/d70624040531.htm)

<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="newsdetails" valign="top">Slight worry over Mashrafe
Sports Reporter from Colombo

The Bangladesh team is in good shape with the exception of vice-captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza who was complaining about his recurring back pain.The 23-year-old paceman bowled in the nets yesterday but felt uncomfortable with his troubled back since arriving in Sri Lanka on June 17.
"I feel the pain a little bit in my back and also in the abdomen but I bowled today in the net. I am hopeful that I will be okay before the match," said Mashrafe.
The leading Bangladesh paceman was also worried about the fact that he had to fly home without playing any match when the Tigers last toured Sri Lanka in 2005.
Selector Akram Khan, who is travelling with the team, however informed that there was nothing serious about his injury.
"Yes, he has complained about back pain, but it's not that serious. I believe he will be okay before the first Test," said the former Bangladesh skipper.
Bangladesh launch their first away series after a successful World Cup with the first Test starting on Monday.
Like Akram, the other team members were also unconcerned about his backache, which Mashrafe had successfully endured during the World Cup in the West Indies and in the home series against India last month.
The Tigers trained indoors at the Colombo Cricket Club ground, where their only three-day practice match was tapered to a rain-ruled draw.

</td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="180"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Hatebreed
June 23, 2007, 02:39 PM
I'm a little worried but hope it's nothing serious. We need the Mashrafe effect.

brishti
June 23, 2007, 03:12 PM
why does mashrafe get hurt all the time ?

Sovik
June 23, 2007, 03:29 PM
hope nothing serious

al Furqaan
June 23, 2007, 03:51 PM

back pains will affect 80% of adults at some point in life...

for a fast bowler it is not surprising at all...

and mash will suffer this problem for the rest of his career...which means he will miss games from time to time. its just the way it is...

hopefully he will be fit for the whole series.

tiger_omar
June 23, 2007, 04:06 PM
Let's hope he's ok. Hopefully we will win the toss and choose to bat. Then hopefully we'll be able to bat for over a day, so Mash doesn't have to bowl in the 1st day, that will give him another day to rest and recover, and InshAllah he'll be a bit better by then.

One World
June 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
Now thats the last thing we needed.

Protic
June 23, 2007, 04:37 PM
=) Lets hope he plays.

cricket_pagol
June 23, 2007, 05:21 PM
Mashrafee's back pain seems like a recurring problem... He should do something to fix it for the long run. I don't want him to get severely injured because he keeps on ignoring this issue :(

Omio
June 23, 2007, 06:25 PM
He will be alright before the match,

Antora
June 23, 2007, 08:07 PM
mash injured?? this calls for some serious praying allah!!!!

Nafis_BD
June 23, 2007, 08:14 PM
Hmmm Mash has been having back pains for quite a bit now, maybe it's time Mash and Bd's physio searches for a long time cure!!!

Kabir
June 23, 2007, 08:33 PM
Mashrafee, amar bhai, aye tor peeth e molom lagay dei bhai...bhai re, dui charta bol ki amgo laiga churte parbi na? aye na bhai, eirokom to betha amgo ro hoy, tai boila ki amra office e jawa bondho koira dei naki re bhai...afterall, khela ta to tor laiga "office" er lahan e...aye, tor peeth e molom lagay dei, office e beshi chuti nawa uchit na re bhai...tor boss mind korte parey!

Antora
June 23, 2007, 09:21 PM
Mashrafee, amar bhai, aye tor peeth e molom lagay dei bhai...bhai re, dui charta bol ki amgo laiga churte parbi na? aye na bhai, eirokom to betha amgo ro hoy, tai boila ki amra office e jawa bondho koira dei naki re bhai...afterall, khela ta to tor laiga "office" er lahan e...aye, tor peeth e molom lagay dei, office e beshi chuti nawa uchit na re bhai...tor boss mind korte parey!

lol bhaiya lol

sandpiper
June 23, 2007, 09:35 PM
ha ha , i wish mash is reading this :D

Anher
June 23, 2007, 09:43 PM

Masrafee, amar adorer choto bhaiya, aye tor pit e tigerbum malish koira dei bhaiya...bhaiya re, dui chair overs bol ki amrar lai korte partenani? aye na re bhai, ei lakan bedhna tu amrar potthek din hoi, oitar lagi amra kita mati kata bondho kori lai ni bhaiya...khela to tor lagi mati kata r motoi...aye, tor pit e zambak lagaiya dei...mati kata akdin er lagi o bondho kora jaito na re bhaiya...tor bou polapain amarar obishap e morbo!

Kabir bhai apni tu asholei deki khubi punta and maratmok (মারাত্মক) deshpremik? Couldnt resist myself to echo your word in my local language!

Kabir
June 23, 2007, 09:57 PM
Kabir bhai apni tu asholei deki khubi punta and maratmok (মারাত্মক) deshpremik? Couldnt resist myself to echo your word in my local language!

Bhaijan, punta mani ki? Naki you mean pongta? :blush:

Glad you liked my words...and thanks for putting it in your ancholik bhasha :)

al Furqaan
June 23, 2007, 10:46 PM
Mashrafee's back pain seems like a recurring problem... He should do something to fix it for the long run. I don't want him to get severely injured because he keeps on ignoring this issue :(

because this is not a serious thing, and there is no "real" injury it means the problem will not be fixed...there is no cure. mash is unlucky.

look up tracy mcgrady of the houston rockets, he has a similar problem and misses quite a bit of time due to back pain.

SS
June 23, 2007, 11:20 PM
Our bowlers should start taking more responsibilities from Mash, and also need to perform.

Tigernamo
June 24, 2007, 03:09 AM
Mashrafe loves to warm up before a match. He needs to practice throwing the ball with his wrist not his arm.

Sohel
June 24, 2007, 03:36 AM
I'm not worried yet ... though my fingers are crossed.

nannu
June 24, 2007, 04:01 AM

beacause he allready had to major operations on his both knees, this is a miracle for a pacer.

i think the origin of back pain is in his knee.

i am afraid that he wont continue for a long time. i give him 2 yrs. highest 3.

Anher
June 24, 2007, 04:28 AM
Bhaijan, punta mani ki? Naki you mean pongta? :blush:

Glad you liked my words...and thanks for putting it in your ancholik bhasha :)

Bhaijan typing mistake. you are right.
pongta, pongta, pongta...3 bar bollam jate future-a ar mistake na hoi.

Kabir
June 24, 2007, 09:43 AM
pongta, pongta, pongta...3 bar bollam jate future-a ar mistake na hoi.

Ami pongta na :blush:. The bigger pongta is our very own Dr. Z.

selina
June 24, 2007, 10:16 AM

Noooo. Don't say that. It's "abshagun" you'll jinx him. :-p
And he's only 23.

Kabir
June 24, 2007, 10:44 AM
beacause he allready had to major operations on his both knees, this is a miracle for a pacer.

i think the origin of back pain is in his knee.

I find it hard to believe. The only time we can say this is when he complains more frequently. And at this moment, he's not complaining too much. He seems to be getting better in everything...bowling, batting, and leadership. When he's getting better and better, I find it difficult to believe that he's losing his fitness and can only survive for 2 to 3 years.

gatekeeper
June 24, 2007, 10:46 AM

......because he's a lion hearted performer and always gives 100%.

gatekeeper
June 24, 2007, 10:47 AM
Off course I want him to play but above all I want him to be OK. Hope this isn't serious.

Kabir
June 24, 2007, 10:50 AM
......because he's a lion hearted performer and always gives 100%.

Can't agree more. I haven't seen anyone as determined as Mashrafee among all our players, in the history of Bangladesh cricket. No one, and I repeat, NO ONE has shown this much effort for cricket.

Beamer
June 25, 2007, 12:48 PM
I still think he is not 100%. There has to be something more than they are letting out. Couldn't understand why he would bat after Shahadat today. Maybe, that was part of their strategy, which didn't make any sense. What makes me more suspicious about his physical status is due to the fact that he only bowled six overs yesterday. He didn't even have an over after the tea. He is injured...