PDA

View Full Version : Aminul Islam Bulbul's Article on Ashraful

BD-Shardul
June 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
Prothom Alo published Aminul Islam's article on Ashraful.

Read (http://www.prothom-alo.org/fcat.news.details.php?issuedate=2007-06-24&nid=OTkyMA==&fid=Ng==)

Another good Article (http://www.prothom-alo.org/fcat.news.details.php?issuedate=2007-06-24&nid=OTkyMQ==&fid=Ng==) (This one is about Murali-Phobia in BD camp)

Murad
June 23, 2007, 04:34 PM
nice articles....
ashraful ke niye joto article e pori.. keno jani khubi valo lage.. or bere otha ta khubi interesting...

One World
June 23, 2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the links. Enjoyed to see Bulbul so honestly claiming his disbelief in Rakibul.

Rubu
June 23, 2007, 04:58 PM
I'm afraid we are going to hype up Ash so much (just like his debut century) that he will start flying again and lose his head.

israr
June 23, 2007, 05:06 PM
nice articles....
ashraful ke niye joto article e pori.. keno jani khubi valo lage..

Akdom thik bolechen bhai:)

damalChele
June 23, 2007, 06:19 PM
nice article. thanks for the link. i was hoping to read some more. well written by Bulbul.

al Furqaan
June 23, 2007, 10:47 PM
I'm afraid we are going to hype up Ash so much (just like his debut century) that he will start flying again and lose his head.

i doubt it...there are at least 10 others whose weight will drag him down.

SS
June 23, 2007, 11:27 PM
The problem that Ash might face is too much pressure. Now he is in good touch, so he is looking happy and confident. But when he will start playing as captain and other players not giving 100% according to the captain, will definitely put more pressure on him. We all saw what pressure did to him when he had bad form.

We had no immediate option to give the captain responsibility but we should have found somebody else, so that Ash can play his 'natural game'. But hope with age, he matured and will be able to handle all the pressures.

cricket_pagol
June 24, 2007, 12:10 AM
In my opinion, one incident described in the article reflected the difference between the old and new generation of Bangladesh cricket, keep in mind bulbul was quite highly regarded for his cricketing sense and acumen. Before I go further, let me thank bulbul for being honest about it.

THe incident goes like this, Bulbul was batting with Ashraful in a test match against Srilanka. Before the last ball of lunch, Ashraful came up to him and said "bulbul bhai, this is the last ball before lunch, just block the ball"... Bulbul did not pay much attention to Ashraful's advice. He tried to play a sweep shot in the next ball and got out. Bulbul was impressed with Ashraful's cricketing sense... in my opinion if a test player does not have this much common sense then he should not be playing test cricket.

Sohel
June 24, 2007, 03:44 AM
Bulbul remembers seeing him for the first time, and not listening and throwing his own wicket away during the Ash's test debut.

Link: http://www.prothom-alo.org/fcat.news.details.php?issuedate=2007-06-24&nid=OTkyMA==&fid=Ng==

BD-Shardul
June 24, 2007, 03:46 AM
SNR Bhai, I have already opened a thread.

MOD: merge needed

Sohel
June 24, 2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks for mereging MODs.