PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh opt for experience in Colombo Test

Miraz
June 24, 2007, 10:37 AM
Current Tour

Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2007
Bangladesh opt for experience in Colombo Test
24 June 2007
Bangladesh team management has kept their belief on struggling wicket keeper Khaled Mashud despite his poor show in the only practice match and named him in the playing XI for the first Test in Colombo. Bangladesh have left out Mehrab Hossain Jr., Syed Rasel, Mohammad Sharif and Mushfiqur Rahim from the 15 man squad.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin » (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/tour.php)

zahid
June 24, 2007, 10:44 AM
Jaha vabi taha kovu hoy na.

We wanted Mushfiq in place of Pilot. We wanted Mehrab Jr. in place of JO. Board had different things in mid. Sigh!

zahid
June 24, 2007, 10:45 AM
So, who will be playing :

Bangladesh (from):
Shahriar Nafees Ahmed,
Javed Omer,
Rajin Saleh,
Habibul Bashar,
Mohammad Ashraful (Captain),
Shakib Al Hasan,
Khaled Mashud (Wicketkeeper),
Mohammed Rafique,
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (Vice-Captain),
Abdur Razzak, S
hahadat Hossain Rajib.

Murad
June 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
Man pilot is so slow... just knows how to block the balls.. but dont know how to make runs out of it....
Mushfique is very young for the job. Hes a good keepar but hes very very young for that job in TEST cricket.. Its a hard job and i dont think he willl be able to stand out whole day behind the wicket... We need some1 else for this job.. a bit older than Mushfique who also can bat well....

sandpiper
June 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
thats a wrong decision

real123
June 24, 2007, 01:19 PM
also i do not think it is good idea to play two pacers only. If one of them get injured then we are doomed. batting line up is not strong.

cricket_dorshok
June 24, 2007, 02:55 PM

,......., singara khuji, samossa pai,......:D

Ehsan
June 24, 2007, 02:59 PM
I feel we needed a third seamer, again our Test attack is lacking pace. Mushfique should have been there instead of Pilot, but I think selectors are giving pilot a last chance so that he can't go and cry just like he did before the world cup.

Sadz
June 24, 2007, 03:45 PM
To be honest i would,like many other followers, love to see mushy in that starting 11,he is an alright keeper as well as a stylish batsmen which is what we need. Is he better than KM?Yes. Is he ready yet? Probably. But we do have to remember he is very young but of course to be experienced you have 2 play matches and thats just what he needs. so maybe another bad decision but every1 has to remember the team is not just based on 1 player it is all round performances.

israr
June 24, 2007, 03:52 PM
Why always two pacers? I am pissed more about this than the inclusion of Mushfiq! That doesn't mean I didn't want Mushfiq to be included in the final 11.

al Furqaan
June 24, 2007, 05:13 PM
I feel we needed a third seamer, again our Test attack is lacking pace.

brother, we have two 140+ k pacers...

let me tell you that Bangladesh will never have anyone faster (in the forseeable future)...

Ehsan
June 24, 2007, 05:33 PM
I didn't mean Mash and Shahadat are slow. I meant we are short one pacer, just two pacer is not enough in Test matches and we have seen enough of it during India series. :)

al Furqaan
June 24, 2007, 05:39 PM
I didn't mean Mash and Shahadat are slow. I meant we are short one pacer, just two pacer is not enough in Test matches and we have seen enough of it during India series. :)

agreed...i really don't think razzak will be useful in tests, but would love to be surprised...i see rasel of sharif coming in for at least the final test...

zahid
June 24, 2007, 05:49 PM
,......., singara khuji, samossa pai,......:D

Hmm... That quote applies to my Shingara situation as well... :)

SS
June 24, 2007, 05:58 PM
BD again making the same mistake by taking only two pacers, BCB failed to find a good third pacers all these years. And again SN,JO,Pilot, Bashar will not give anything extraordinary despite of their scores against minnorws, or experience. SL is winning with big margin again just because of our batsmen and one or two good bowlers who can provide necessary support to Mash,Rajib,Raz,Rafique.

Foozy
June 24, 2007, 06:21 PM

We wanted Mushfiq in place of Pilot. We wanted Mehrab Jr. in place of JO. Board had different things in mid. Sigh!

mushfiq instead of pilot was a must must... screw experience!!! our whole team is inexperienced and this is a learning phase as they all said.. besides... we all know that the youngsters do wayyy better than the oldies... and mushfiq has as good temperment as any oldie.. and while batting... hes a thousand times better... hes got that additional style too... hes the man... and they missed him out...
and mehrab should hav been in.. even instead of shahriar nafees maybe... coz that dudes not been performing... let him get bak into form and then put him bak in... this is not testing ground.. this is performing ground- the international arena that is...
we all know that hes an awesome batsman.. so y not give him time to cool himself down.. hes havin a bad patch after being too praised... just like ashraful at one time... and he needs some time to cool down too...
with mehrab wed hav had an extra bowler... and with mushfiq... wed hav had an extra good caliber batsman... id say HUGE mistakes!!!
(and i also do agree with the other ppl here that it would hav been a lot better if we had another pacer... possibly rassel... (NOT SHARIF!!!... that guys pace just isnt international level)... especially coz mashrafe wasnt well... sheesh.. lets all pray that he does get some good treatment coz that guys a gem for bd... and we dont wanna loose him)

One World
June 24, 2007, 06:29 PM
Dont have much hope on KM but hopefully JO will do well.

Trigger_Tiger
June 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
mushfiq instead of pilot was a must must... screw experience!!! our whole team is inexperienced and this is a learning phase as they all said.. besides... we all know that the youngsters do wayyy better than the oldies... and mushfiq has as good temperment as any oldie.. and while batting... hes a thousand times better... hes got that additional style too... hes the man... and they missed him out...
and mehrab should hav been in.. even instead of shahriar nafees maybe... coz that dudes not been performing... let him get bak into form and then put him bak in... this is not testing ground.. this is performing ground- the international arena that is...
we all know that hes an awesome batsman.. so y not give him time to cool himself down.. hes havin a bad patch after being too praised... just like ashraful at one time... and he needs some time to cool down too...
with mehrab wed hav had an extra bowler... and with mushfiq... wed hav had an extra good caliber batsman... id say HUGE mistakes!!!
(and i also do agree with the other ppl here that it would hav been a lot better if we had another pacer... possibly rassel... (NOT SHARIF!!!... that guys pace just isnt international level)... especially coz mashrafe wasnt well... sheesh.. lets all pray that he does get some good treatment coz that guys a gem for bd... and we dont wanna loose him)

I echo all your sentiments. Looks like the stupid-stupid selectors are after committing suicide. Horrible decision to include Mashud! Omar might be okay.....I would give him a shot int he first test at least as would I also give Nafees a chance. But Mushfique should have been in the squad. And what the heck? Sharif in place of Rasel? *cough*cough* What a JOKE!!!!!

nahaz
June 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
What's the use of following Bd cricket when the selecotrs can't even make one proper decision?The 2 pacer thing-I swear it would backfire big-time....again.Effectively means we can't expect wickets from pacers after the first ten overs of an innings.Don't think we even have a backup part-time seamer.And Lanka is no South Africa, can't the selectors see that?<br>
And what the hell is Mashud doing there.He better retire end of this series... And we got Nafees too in the team, means we have two less batsmen effectively, unless Nafees pulls a miracle( needs to stay in the crease for long time).Three stupid decisions, not fair on Ashraful and his team. Just hope for sth good....

Dhakablues
June 24, 2007, 08:34 PM
The only contention is we dont have the 3rd seamer.. other than than Mushfiq vs. Pilot is a emotional/ political debate not a playing one as both are wicketkeepers, one or the oher having varying edge in batting and wicketkeeping. This is the best we have to be honest as we are not really leaving out a best batsman or bowler out of the playing 11 with 6 batsman, 4 bowlers, 1 wicketkeeper role.

Electrequiem
June 24, 2007, 08:44 PM
The Board has done the right thing. They are infallible, and therefore must not be questioned. In the words of Stewie Griffin, "Establishment, establishment ... you always know what's best!"

I am not being serious, btw.

mali007
June 24, 2007, 08:56 PM
Current Tour

Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2007
Bangladesh opt for experience in Colombo Test
24 June 2007
Bangladesh team management has kept their belief on struggling wicket keeper Khaled Mashud despite his poor show in the only practice match and named him in the playing XI for the first Test in Colombo. Bangladesh have left out Mehrab Hossain Jr., Syed Rasel, Mohammad Sharif and Mushfiqur Rahim from the 15 man squad.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin » (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/tour.php)
Yes,
BD HAS OPTED FOR EXPERIENCE OF FAILURENESS IN THE FIRST TEST !!!!

fishyguy
June 24, 2007, 10:13 PM
Stupidest team selection ever! How can you go into a test match with 2 fast bowlers. Its ridiculous!

I garauntee Sri lanka will score 600 easily.

AsifTheManRahman
June 24, 2007, 10:19 PM
The only contention is we dont have the 3rd seamer.. other than than Mushfiq vs. Pilot is a emotional/ political debate not a playing one as both are wicketkeepers, one or the oher having varying edge in batting and wicketkeeping. This is the best we have to be honest as we are not really leaving out a best batsman or bowler out of the playing 11 with 6 batsman, 4 bowlers, 1 wicketkeeper role.

Yeah, I don't see a LOT wrong with the team, except maybe that Pilot should've been dropped to accommodate Mush.

As for the third pacer issue, well, I guess it came down to picking either one of Rasel and Razzak. Having three pacers probably would've helped, but then Razzak's a magician, so let's see what tricks he has up his sleeves for the next couple of days.

MarufH
June 24, 2007, 10:30 PM
If we took mushfiq, we wouldn't have the Barden of Pilot... an extra spot.... we could've rested Saqib/Nafees...........

My 11 would be.... (even though it doesn't matte)

JO
Mehrab
Rajin
Bash
Ash
Mush
Mash
Rafiq
Shahadat
Sharif
Razzaq....

Anyways... my dream is Pilot would understand the truth that he is a total burden to this struggling Bangladesh team and retire.....

Please do... believe me... I was your biggest fan after ICC cup in 1997, but u just don't have that touch...... Sommaner Shathe bidai hou.. I have big respet for u!

One World
June 24, 2007, 10:31 PM
so we r in the loop of "shommanjonok porajoy".

Kabir
June 24, 2007, 10:38 PM
so we r in the loop of "shommanjonok porajoy".

Friendly request: Please change your avatar back to what it was. That was so much better :)

Foozy
June 24, 2007, 10:50 PM
The Board has done the right thing. They are infallible, and therefore must not be questioned. In the words of Stewie Griffin, "Establishment, establishment ... you always know what's best!"

I am not being serious, btw.

LOLZ... that was a good one.... i was SHOCKED at first... but ya....
i donno guys... i see mushi as a class batsman.. he was also the backbone of the win against india... which we all celebrate today... it was him who went in at the start.. and played a truely wonderful innings till the VERY end!!!... and if u ask me... that was test capability rite there!!!... if he went on... i bet he was so solid that day that he could hav gone on for an easy century!!!.... the lil guys got the rite tempermant... id say he should hav been in rather than KM.... that guys not at his best rite now... and his experience is just gonna go in lost cause .... its only leading us to another failure...
HAHAHA... he must b experienced in that :lol: :D
but i do hope mushi does get his chance in the 2nd test atleast...
and as for nafees... i hope they quit tryin him out on real matches if he dosent get out of his bad patch in this match... he should b replaced by mehrab... in both forms of the game... and after he recovers... they shoudl find another place for him... thats wat id go with...
joy bangla!!:flag:

wiseshah
June 24, 2007, 11:55 PM
i think we should have mushfiq, sharif and mehran jr instead of javed, razzaq and pilot

wiseshah
June 24, 2007, 11:58 PM
i heard javed omar was suffering from viral fever and I was excited that mehrab will play instead of him and we will get another spinner, so we could use sharif instead of razzaq. javed sob elo melo korey dilo

tanvir_nus
June 25, 2007, 03:28 AM
To hell with experience.... how many times do we have to fail to learn that that is not the way?

Make this the test team or suffer more in future BCB

1)Tamim
2)Mehrab now Shahriar when he gets his form back
3)Rajin
4)Rakibul Hasan
5)Ashraful
6)Alok Kapali
7)Aftab/Farad Reza
8)Mashrafe
9)Rafique
10)Shadat
111)Razzak

Fazal
June 25, 2007, 04:44 AM
Experience ... MY FOOT !!!!

Another consistent BAD experience in these already experienced and in some cases off-form players with bad habits will bring more BAD results. So no doubt, the result matches the action/(depending on experience).

P.Warner
June 25, 2007, 05:11 AM
I just read in the BBC site that Bangladesh were all out for 89.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/6234698.stm

One World
June 25, 2007, 05:59 AM
Optimism tears up and you feel dejected when pathos continues like a flu.

P.Warner
June 25, 2007, 06:22 AM
Optimism tears up and you feel dejected when pathos continues like a flu.

Cheer up old chap. Any team is bound to have a bad day and it is much more likely to happen in one of the first matches of a series while the players are not used to the condition. If you take into account the the opposition with several world class players, perhaps the second best team in the world at present, this is not such a bad result. The youngsters on the field would learn from this match to perform better in the next innings.

nobody
June 25, 2007, 06:24 AM
combined score of experienced (More than 10 matches, JO+HB+Rajin +Ash+Pilot) 35 with average 8.375 againest inexpericed (SN+sakib) 31 with average of 15.5.
Literally that means expereience scks

SS
June 25, 2007, 06:49 AM
Our batsmen can not bat. We need to learn how to bat.

Fazal
June 25, 2007, 07:53 AM
You cannot teach an Old Dog A New Trick... ususally it doesn't happen. The new Dogs are the only hope even they fails in short term.

I am MAD.... not to the players (who may be trying hard but failing).... not to the fans who is still sticking with old dogs (beacuse they are just fans)... not to the new coach (he is too new)....but to the selectors for their stupidness, lack of flexibility and imagination....shame on you the selectors specially Faruk and Atahar!!!

Ehsan
June 25, 2007, 07:59 AM
I am MAD.... not to the players (who may be trying hard but failing).... not to the fans who is still sticking with old dogs (beacuse they are just fans)... not to the new coach (he is too new)....but to the selectors for their stupidness, lack of flexibility and imagination....shame on you the selectors specially Faruk and Atahar!!!

Exactly my feelings. I think one of the key person behind playing Masud was Akram than Faruk and Athar.

If selectors can't fix their mistake with the luxury of time, then how do you expect the players to fix their mistake while being in the middle? Hopeless.

SS
June 25, 2007, 08:02 AM
You cannot teach an Old Dog A New Trick... ususally it doesn't happen. The new Dogs are the only hope even they fails in short term.

On top of it if all the new 'dwags' are 'nery', what best you expect even if it's a new one.

Kabir
June 25, 2007, 08:14 AM
Since I'm too disappointed, I'll opt out from saying anything. It's not a wise idea.

I'll just say this much, though. Next time anyone calls us a "Test Minnow", just quietly agree and don't say a word. We're probably the worst nation in Test cricket.

cricket_pagol
June 25, 2007, 08:14 AM
Exactly my feelings. I think one of the key person behind playing Masud was Akram than Faruk and Athar.

If selectors can't fix their mistake with the luxury of time, then how do you expect the players to fix their mistake while being in the middle? Hopeless.

I agree with Ehsan... I think Akram had a bigger role in the selection of masud... because Faruk & co had the guts to choose mushfiq when the whole cricket fraternity was against it. I fear than the person replacing Faruk will be more inadequate... because we have very few thinking cricketers among our older generation of cricketers.

Regarding this match, our batting performance was horrible today... some batsmen were beaten comprehensively (rajin and Saqib) and others just threw their wicket away... namely ashraful and Bashar...