PDA

View Full Version : Why does this happen?

Huda
June 25, 2007, 01:47 AM
All the tests we have played in this, we just lose early wickets and are regularly at 40/50/5, or 50/4 etc, its just happening time and time again. Our players don't have the temperant, technique, to play test cricket. We've been losing early wickets basically for our entire test history, our new coach really needs to address this situation.

What i do not understand is, why haven't the players learnt? Or are they just not good enough for test cricket, as shown by many of their career averages? A radical change/methods are needed to address this batting concern, because its happening all to regular, just not good for any level of cricket.

All these loss of wickets leaves pressure on our number 1 bowler, which is ridiculous, our top order need to be scoring heavily, these pitches their playing aren't seaming, or swinging miles, they are flat pitches, they need to be scoring centuries/50's on a regular basis, build platforms and set up a good foundations so our bowlers can bowl well.

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 02:04 AM
Was there any occasion before when a team lost 7 wickets in the first session of a test match?

Huda
June 25, 2007, 02:10 AM
If you read my post, i didnt say that i said why do we lose early wickets nearly every single time? And that does happen on a regular basis, losing 7 wickets on a flat subcontinent track is even more pathetic than a club team.

BangladeshFan
June 25, 2007, 02:11 AM
64/7 and it is not even murali , Bd is giving wickets to pacers like fernando.

Bd batsman doesnt have the technique to play test cricket, in one dayers they get away with their poor technique and play slightly better. All good players say, test cricket is the real thing because that exposes the real character of batsmen/bowlers. Bd is awfully short in that.

And the idiot selectors chose pilot over mushfique........ taking/dropping catches wont even matter for Bd. They need batsman with guts to even gain slightest respect from opposition.

ammark
June 25, 2007, 02:22 AM
The selectors are a bunch of turds. Thats another reason.

rafiq
June 25, 2007, 02:26 AM
maybe we should play test cricket like it was a one day match, at least for the first 50 overs. Go ahead and try to smash 250-270 runs thinking this is trinidad and you are in the world cup...start off with a bang, don't worry about the missing power plays just make sure you hit over the top. My point is at 50 overs, if there are any batsmen left, they could suddenly switch gears and start taking ones and twos and generally blocking the rest of the day. Somehow they manage to cross 300-325 this way and play past tea. Now what's wrong with that? Surely that's got to be better than 67/7, or the 185 odd they score on average...

Huda
June 25, 2007, 02:27 AM
Thats one small factor, not the main, the players are/should be held accountable, you can't replace the whole batting line up now can we? Our best bowler has been our best batsman, just shows how pathetic our batsmen have been these recent few weeks.

cricket_pagol
June 25, 2007, 02:28 AM
This is very embarrassing for us... Ashraful was saying that shot selection almost perfect during practice!!! Look what happened during the match, the pattern of dismissals were very alarming!!!

rafiq
June 25, 2007, 02:30 AM
Was there any occasion before when a team lost 7 wickets in the first session of a test match?

someone needs to look this up...the lowest against SL (86) was achieved in 27 overs... although i lived through the night on that one as well I cannot remember if we had the pleasure of two sessions there. What's our lowest total - 70 something maybe 76 - that probably took less time.

I really think a few lusty blows from rafique and mashrafee will take us past the honorable 86. Sril Lanka will be humiliated, having let us cross 100.....

Tintin
June 25, 2007, 02:39 AM
Bangladesh has a 61/7 against Sri Lanka in 2001 (which became 90 all out)

I saw the match the last 30 minutes before lunch and the batsmen looked nervous or diffident or frightened. The problem is all with the state of mind.

PoorFan
June 25, 2007, 02:40 AM
Whatever, can we imagine Javed, Bashar, Pilot scoring a 40+ innings once in a year or two?? If not than whats the point of keeping them in the team? Isn't it better let Tamim, Aftab, Mushi play and learn instead? And needless to say the outcome wont be any worse if not better.

One World
June 25, 2007, 03:35 AM
This batting display is good in one sense. Now we will play better during second innings. We can bundle them out by 3rd day and then play hard next 2 days to make it a draw.

Dynamite
June 25, 2007, 03:35 AM
It is outrageous to see our two top order veteran batsmen, Javed and Bashar not scoring even 20 runs each, despite having played cricket for about 10 years in total.

I wonder when they will improve? Further to the problem, Khaled Mashud the wicket keeper, is another problem. Look at other countries' wicket keepers, such as Dhoni, Sangakkara and Gilchrist, they also play superb cricket.

Finally, I have had been calling for the relaxation of Shahriar Nafees for long now and to be replaced by Tamim Iqbal. It is about time we relax all the veteran players except Rafique and give youngsters a chance. It will then be no shame if we lose.

Foozy
June 25, 2007, 03:36 AM
Whatever, can we imagine Javed, Bashar, Pilot scoring a 40+ innings once in a year or two?? If not than whats the point of keeping them in the team? Isn't it better let Tamim, Aftab, Mushi play and learn instead? And needless to say the outcome wont be any worse if not better.

first of all they chose the wrong team... and then when they got down to play... we were all thinking that they would play for 5 days... tahts wat ash even said... y the hell is he playin a one day match along with his team? not even that... worse!!!
if this is how things roll... then ya... for sure... screw all their experiences and big talk with that... give chances to aftab to mature up... give chances to mushi to mature up... (although id recon mushi is more mature than alot of others there...)
and ya... i do agree... even put in people like tamim in to open... that way tamim and maybe another stroke player can play a few strokes and gather up some run... and then the others can "try" to play some damn test... coz they are just proving themselves to be worthless here!!... its a total humiliation considering that today is not the first day that bangladesh is playing in test arena...
... sorry guys.. im just damn pissed at wat they did.. and im takin my anger out here :(
:D joy bangla and go ash :-p :flag: :D

One World
June 25, 2007, 03:42 AM
yeah right, look at the mighty WI against derbyshire, that can chill your pain a little. Besides wait till another 1 or 2 days. things can turn upside down...you do not know.

Surfer
June 25, 2007, 03:45 AM
I want to tell you a couple of stories here:

Young 16-year-old Tendulkaer went to play a test innings. He got out soon and came back with a hug face. He met Shastri in the dressing room and the duo had a chat. Tendulkar firmly believed that he was not upto international cricket. Shastri gave him the following advice: "Dont think whether you are capable or not, you are sent out to do a job and you will do whatever you can. Next time, forget completely about scoring runs and contributing. Your job is to stay there. Just defend whatever comes your way and runs will come on their own."

Tendulkar made a 50 in the next innings.

Story two: Sachin went out to counter Warne for the second time. Warne unleashed a heavy turner and Sachin got bowled. On his way back he saw the same old man Shastri. Shastri asked "what happened?" sachin said "I forgot that he spins a couple of inches more than others, next time I will remember it."

We know what Sachin did to Warne for the rest of his career.

Its all about temperament. You reach international level because you have talent. You stay there because you have temperament.

Dynamite
June 25, 2007, 03:49 AM
Our players play Test cricket as though they are playing One Day International; when it comes to playing One Day International, they play it as though they are playing a Test.

To cross-examine my statement, just watch and compare Javed, Bashar, Shahriar and Ashraful how differently they play between the the two versions of cricket game and I will be proven right.

Baundule
June 25, 2007, 04:00 AM
Bhaijan, eigula HudaHudai ghote. beshi tensioner kisu nai. dekhben, 2nd innings a amra 300 cross koresi. innings defeat tate ki? oi 300 er jonnon gourobgatha rochito hobe.

FagunerAgun
June 25, 2007, 04:21 AM
Some of them are simply not test players.
Some of them are ODI Eid players.
But what else we fans can do?

FagunerAgun
June 25, 2007, 04:24 AM
first of all they chose the wrong team... and then when they got down to play... we were all thinking that they would play for 5 days... tahts wat ash even said... y the hell is he playin a one day match along with his team? not even that... worse!!!
if this is how things roll... then ya... for sure... screw all their experiences and big talk with that... give chances to aftab to mature up... give chances to mushi to mature up... (although id recon mushi is more mature than alot of others there...)
and ya... i do agree... even put in people like tamim in to open... that way tamim and maybe another stroke player can play a few strokes and gather up some run... and then the others can "try" to play some damn test... coz they are just proving themselves to be worthless here!!... its a total humiliation considering that today is not the first day that bangladesh is playing in test arena...
... sorry guys.. im just damn pissed at wat they did.. and im takin my anger out here :(
:D joy bangla and go ash :-p :flag: :D

Nothing will work. They are simply retarded.
3 tests in SL means a greater pain for us, not for the players. They are just happy to be there.

Anher
June 25, 2007, 05:15 AM
I want to tell you a couple of stories here:

Young 16-year-old Tendulkaer went to play a test innings. He got out soon and came back with a hug face. He met Shastri in the dressing room and the duo had a chat. Tendulkar firmly believed that he was not upto international cricket. Shastri gave him the following advice: "Dont think whether you are capable or not, you are sent out to do a job and you will do whatever you can. Next time, forget completely about scoring runs and contributing. Your job is to stay there. Just defend whatever comes your way and runs will come on their own."

Tendulkar made a 50 in the next innings.

Story two: Sachin went out to counter Warne for the second time. Warne unleashed a heavy turner and Sachin got bowled. On his way back he saw the same old man Shastri. Shastri asked "what happened?" sachin said "I forgot that he spins a couple of inches more than others, next time I will remember it."

We know what Sachin did to Warne for the rest of his career.

Its all about temperament. You reach international level because you have talent. You stay there because you have temperament.

:up:

Sovik
June 25, 2007, 05:59 AM
i can't tell u why but i can tell u how did that happen

One World
June 25, 2007, 06:01 AM
BD A could do better, they had better experience in longer version.

nobody
June 25, 2007, 06:13 AM
why does it happened? because we are ****.

ialbd
June 25, 2007, 08:06 AM
shetai....why does this happen....

ekta baje din jabe ajke...

nannu
June 25, 2007, 08:18 AM
Bhaijan, eigula HudaHudai ghote. beshi tensioner kisu nai. dekhben, 2nd innings a amra 300 cross koresi. innings defeat tate ki? oi 300 er jonnon gourobgatha rochito hobe.

bhaijan apni test cricket kemne hoilen? apni mone hoy bc mods re ghush disen. apnare tottabodhaok shorkarer kase report kora uchit. test cricketer er mukhe ei kotha manai na.

sheikh
June 25, 2007, 08:19 AM
The selectors are a bunch of turds. Thats another reason.

Selectors can not play in the field for the players. Whoever selects the team it will not be more than 3 changes from the current one. We do not have 3 such players who can bring a dramatic change in our batting performance. Do we?
Why blame then selectors then?

rubel_18
June 25, 2007, 08:24 AM
Well lets just face it guys the team that was picked for this Test sucks in terms of batting clearly, we r seriously gonna get battered in all three test unless they do sumthing different.

riad
June 25, 2007, 08:37 AM
I have to say the players are ok to their own standards. They are not test material no matter what they practice in the net.
I agree to the notion that Bangladesh should play ODI style all the time,...then atleast we would see close to 200 runs or even 250 runs if EID happens.
I do not see how this display would be better in the next innings. To their [ban player] mind they did not make any mistake ..... so how that woudl be better next time.
I don't blame selectors this time ..... they might have done 1 or 2 mistakes but what other good decesions [best players] gave to the country?
really pissed man! really pissed.

pocha
June 25, 2007, 08:45 AM
I think after this tour the entire team would be sacked.

The only target for our batsman now is not to score less than 86 runs in any of the innings. We somehow managed to escape that, thanks to Raz and Pilot.

Anyway lets not waste our time wathcing this bunch of *****. Man I dont have a word its so humiliating. Let us not play any cricket after this tour or let us only play against Bermuda whom I am sure we will win against.

sar2005
June 25, 2007, 08:50 AM
Until you make hard bouncy Australian type of cricket pitches all overy the country, the top order will remain as it is. Once you start playing on those type of wickets, you need to spend another 2/3 years to get used to it. Trust me, all these high hope that we are showing today on our new generation players - is completely useless. Unless you make them playing in tough conditions for 2/3 years, they will never come to the standard of test cricket level. I don't see any point of scoring centuries in out batting condition against medicore bowling attack.

Baundule
June 25, 2007, 09:04 AM
bhaijan apni test cricket kemne hoilen? apni mone hoy bc mods re ghush disen. apnare tottabodhaok shorkarer kase report kora uchit. test cricketer er mukhe ei kotha manai na.

he he. ami tottabodhayok sorkarer backing a BC te test cricketer. ;)

ja bollam, deikhen, ghote ki na. Just let someone do ura-dhura batting and make the team score crossing 300+. It does not matter even if we lose the match by an innings within two and a half days, we will forget every miserable things and will start praising the ura-dhura batsman.

This happened to the innings Ashraful played against India a few days ago. That was an innings of extremely low class, as long as the situation is concerned; but we all noticed how he was praised for that brainless innings.

One World
June 25, 2007, 09:08 AM
Here is a better answer from a WI Forum from a die hard fan after their team lost to Derbyshire:

In reply to Yamfoot

I expect therefore some pointed questions from u next opportunity you get.
No mollycuddling, warm milk questions....but some serious ones aimed at uncovering there general poor atitude in even worthless games.
My coach always said...
Its not practice that makes one perfect, but Perfect Practice that improves one

Practice Shyte...get Shyte results...everytime!!!

Fazal
June 25, 2007, 09:09 AM
My question is "Why shouldn't you to expect this to happen?"

Let’s analyse the team construction here (from batting point of view)

1. Javed: Used to be tremendous fighter with suspect technical skill and great determination. But if you follow his recent performance, he is down for a while with further diminishing skills to advanced age. He is only here as : a) due to lack of form of other established openers; b) Selectors are too afraid to try a rather new talent like Tamim, Mehrab, Sadat, etc. So we are stuck with a hole in the opening with Javed in one end.

2. SN: He is young plus he may be talented (to some) or he may not (to some). But there should be no question that right now he is out of form for any kind of cricket (ODI & TEST). The selectors are still sticking with him. That’s fine. The problem is, you cannot build a team and go for a fight with two holes in the opening batsman. That will open up the floodgate more often then less. And that is happening as you have seen.

3. Rajin: He is hard working and he has the temperament. But just face it, he is a marginal player at best and should be only used a stop-gap reserve type of player. We know he will try his best and once in a while score some 40+ runs. But you cannot or shouldn’t expect big scores from him most of the time. Rajin is not your savior kind of player. So it’s not surprising that Rajin tried but failed to stop the bleeding started by the opener and middle order (basher & Ashraful) . No disrespect to Rajin, but if we need to get to the next level, we need better quality batsman than Rajin at #3.

4. Bashar: Past performance doesn’t give you a break if you are old and lack of form for a while. Whose idea was it to let Bashar bat 4th? Are we playing lottery and betting our luck here? In that case I can understand. Otherwise after 2/28, I wouldn’t bring Bashar unless I am working as a spy for SL. It’s obvious that Bashar is washed up. Now if anyone thinks that he still has something left in him, the way to come back in the national team is like the way Dada did. There should not be no short-cut. So its not surprising that our #4 failed, I would be surprised he scored a 40+ instead. 3/32 in 12th over.

5. Ashraful: What can I say about him? He owns the fans, he owns the reporters, and he owns the world. He shows his skills and hypnotizes every one. He plays TEST as if he is playing ODI or even 20-20 or he is in a hurry to go to the bathroom. People get nuts and emotionally unbalanced by watching his enormous shots. Every hours new thread start popping up reminding us again and again how great a talent he is. But the fact gives us a more gloomy side …after playing 69 test innings his average is still below 25. He may be OK from Bangladesh’s standard point of view, but just face it, its no where near a typical superstar kind of average. Its (the average) kind of disgrace to compare him with other superstars of other countryes. Therefore he came and left (as usual) with 4/43 in 15 overs exposing the lower middle order.

6. Sakib: He came and he tried. He is new, he needs experience and he was clueless and out in Muralitharan’s doosra. I can deal with this short term failure as long as he shows that he is learning. When we say our players need more experience, this should make only sense for players like “Sakib,Farhad, Mehrab, Tamaim,e etc”. They will fail, (hopefully) they learn and (hopefully) they will get better. But realistically, at this stage in his carrier he is not going to save our team single-handedly, and its too much to ask from him or new players. So here goes you #6 player and his failure in this innings. 6/61 in 21th over.

7. Pilot: Pilot came at #7. He tried, no doubt. He held one end no doubt. But here is another drained player, who will not get ihs old form back, mark my word. He is even a batting liability when he plays for local league in Abahani. How do you expect runs from him in TEST match? It’s too much day dreaming by the selectors. But I had to admit, he is surviving by pure determination, and nothing else. He may stay once in awhile, but don’t expect runs from him

8. Shahadat: I don’t know what made them think that Shahdat should bat at #8 ahead of Mashrafee and Rafiq. I would like to see innovative ideas from the think tank, but not like that though. So here goes our 7th wicket: 7/64 in 23.4 overs.

9. Mortaza: Well I can understand his failure. You cannot expect your lower-end batsman to score big runs all of the time. So his failure in this innings is not a surprise at all. There goes your 8/69 in 27th over

10. Rafiq: Another explosive lower end batsman, but unlike Mortaza, he is old and out of batting form for a while. So his failure is less of a surprise to me. 9/85 in 31th over

11. Razzak: He should be better than a typical #11. Kind of disappointed, but no way surprised that he managed to survive only 3 balls. 89 all in 31th over.

So I don’t know why some people are so surprised by this kind of failure. You built your car with all those old, used, wear-down, spare-parts; few low grade parts; and few new untested parts and then go for a long interstate trip, and then when the car broke down nowhere in timbakto, and you wonder but why? Shouldn’t be the question, but why not?

Rumz_01
June 25, 2007, 09:12 AM
Rite on brother!

zahid
June 25, 2007, 09:25 AM
maybe we should play test cricket like it was a one day match, at least for the first 50 overs. Go ahead and try to smash 250-270 runs thinking this is trinidad and you are in the world cup...start off with a bang, don't worry about the missing power plays just make sure you hit over the top. My point is at 50 overs, if there are any batsmen left, they could suddenly switch gears and start taking ones and twos and generally blocking the rest of the day. Somehow they manage to cross 300-325 this way and play past tea. Now what's wrong with that? Surely that's got to be better than 67/7, or the 185 odd they score on average...

I agree.

If we had played 20-20 or ODI way, we could have scored muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more!

So, tip to BD > Play 20-20 or ODI way in next innings

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 09:29 AM
And the idiot selectors chose pilot over mushfique........ taking/dropping catches wont even matter for Bd. They need batsman with guts to even gain slightest respect from opposition.

Sorry but this quote shows some peoples short coming too. he is a keeper and was notout. but u r putting all the reason on him and selectors? what did the genuine batsmen did then? so one batsman would have changed the course? so why didn't he got selected as a batsman? please think before you try to jump on some body.

syzygy
June 25, 2007, 09:30 AM
I agree.

If we had played 20-20 or ODI way, we could have scored muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more!

So, tip to BD > Play 20-20 or ODI way in next innings

whats the point in playing test cricket then?? just play odi's or 20-20.

Rumz_01
June 25, 2007, 09:38 AM
Sorry but this quote shows some peoples short coming too. he is a keeper and was notout. but u r putting all the reason on him and selectors? what did the genuine batsmen did then? so one batsman would have changed the course? so why didn't he got selected as a batsman? please think before you try to jump on some body.

At the end of the day...(comes the nite lmao)
sowwi..
all the players had some blame...whether it be the batsmen...bowlers...fielders...we need to find a strategy tha works for the hole team...well actually we need to find the rite team first...n then start from there...

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 09:39 AM
agree with what fazal bhai said. but what is our options?

I see we can bring in
1.Mehrab for Golla (may be not sure)
2.Tamim for SN(may be or mehrab for SN)
3.Tusher for bashar(this is a must if bashar continues playing like this)
4.Captain Unreliable Ash
5.Musfiq for Rajin(drop rajin in the order )
6.Rajin for Sakib(send Sakib to A team for more experience and rajin can hold the fort with pilot as long he is playing or untill we find a better keeper for test)
Or we can bring in Kapali for this position too.
7. Sagir or some one better keeper than mush For Pilot
8. Mash
9. Rafiq
10.raazak or Sharif
11. Shadat

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
I cant even begin to say how angry I am at yesterday's pathetic display of cricket from our "stars." I mean, how can a team possible do so bad?! It is NOT because SL's bowlers were ultra-superior ... no ... but because most batsmen played retarded shots. Their salaries should be sacked for this tour.

Baundule
June 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
With due respect to all the hard analysis you guys are doing on players, the main reason is not skill, it's the attitude, it's the planning of the team management, it's the brainlessness of everyone involved. Simply changing some players here and there does no good to solve it.

zahid
June 25, 2007, 09:57 AM
My question is "Why shouldn't you to expect this to happen?"

I completely agree with Fazal

GothamCity
June 25, 2007, 10:04 AM
I think we should NOT play TESTS with the top teams yet !
What is the use of us being decimated by Sri Lanka. Australia on a regular basis ???
This is very bad for our morale and will get us back into that defeat mentality, if we're not there already

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 10:06 AM
I think we should NOT play TESTS with the top teams yet !
What is the use of us being decimated by Sri Lanka. Australia on a regular basis ???
This is very bad for our morale and will get us back into that defeat mentality, if we're not there already

But bhai .. thing is, this match, I didnt see the SL bowler's doing anything EXTRAORDINARY to claim those wickets ... the BD batsmen threw their wickets away quite shosta-ly.

wiseshah
June 25, 2007, 10:08 AM
if u ask me why does it happen? i will say the bad team selection. Out of form players are playing day after day. they need rest, why our stupid selectors cant understand the simple equation.nafis is totally out of form but they wanna try him, give him a rest by dropping a tour and let him think about cricket before destroying his career. why tushar is not in the team? lets make a team for test

Mehrab Jr
Nafis Iqbal
Tushar Imran (Habibul bashar)
Mohammad Ashraful
Rajin Saleh
Mushfiq Rahim
Sakib Ul hasan
Mohammad rafiq
mashrafi mortaza
Shahadat hossain
Mohammad Sharif

zahid
June 25, 2007, 10:19 AM
The reason why there was a Batting collapse is becuase of our stupid Selectors!

This was what the team should have been

1. Mehrab Hossain Jnr.
2. Tamim Iqbal
3. Rajin Saleh
4. Ashraful
5. Sakib
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Sharif
8. Mashrafe
9. Rafique
10. Shahadat
11. Razzak

See how different it is to what we have in this match ? :ticking:

Trigger_Tiger
June 25, 2007, 10:30 AM
Because our players never learn :).....they just give the vibe that they are learning. And those who have the ability to play the longer version are given the elbow and labeled as "One Day Specialists."

Trigger_Tiger
June 25, 2007, 10:32 AM

1. Mehrab Hossain Jnr.
2. Tamim Iqbal
3. Rajin Saleh
4. Ashraful
5. Sakib
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Sharif
8. Mashrafe
9. Rafique
10. Shahadat
11. Razzak

Good team but Enamul Haq Jr., Aftab Ahmed and Syed Rasel should be int here too.....at least in the 15. I like your team and would have Shahriar Nafees as the 15th man in the squad. If not Shahriar Nafees, than maybe Nafees Iqbal, but only as the 15th man :up:!!!!!

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 11:08 AM

1. Mehrab Hossain Jnr.
2. Tamim Iqbal
3. Rajin Saleh
4. Ashraful
5. Sakib
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Sharif
8. Mashrafe
9. Rafique
10. Shahadat
11. Razzak

this team can easily score less then 89...
1. Mehrab Hossain Jnr. 12 (89) 1x4 0x6
2. Tamim Iqbal 18 (25) 2x4 1x6
3. Rajin Saleh 22 (55) 1x4 0x6
4. Ashraful 0 (01)
5. Sakib 13 (12) 2x4
6. Mushfiqur Rahim 12 (45) 3x4
7. Sharif 0(01)
8. Mashrafe 4(10)
9. Rafique 2(02)
10. Shahadat 1(05)
11. Razzak 0(00)
----------------------------------------------

max410
June 25, 2007, 11:12 AM
64/7 and it is not even murali , Bd is giving wickets to pacers like fernando.

Bd batsman doesnt have the technique to play test cricket, in one dayers they get away with their poor technique and play slightly better. All good players say, test cricket is the real thing because that exposes the real character of batsmen/bowlers. Bd is awfully short in that.

Well Selection of Pilot May not be a good decision but the other players are not playing with responsibility.Its a shame they did not do their homework about sri lanka bowling attack specially Murali. BD players should have been a little extra careful about playing his deliveries, and the coach should try to guide them. Instead they just DONT WANT TO LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES

zahid
June 25, 2007, 12:23 PM
this team can easily score less then 89...
1. Mehrab Hossain Jnr. 12 (89) 1x4 0x6
2. Tamim Iqbal 18 (25) 2x4 1x6
3. Rajin Saleh 22 (55) 1x4 0x6
4. Ashraful 0 (01)
5. Sakib 13 (12) 2x4
6. Mushfiqur Rahim 12 (45) 3x4
7. Sharif 0(01)
8. Mashrafe 4(10)
9. Rafique 2(02)
10. Shahadat 1(05)
11. Razzak 0(00)
----------------------------------------------

So, you would rather stick with the team playing in the 1st test now? rofl!:lol:

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 06:18 PM
This happened because we are in a transition period now. A temporary coach, a new captain and a few out of form players. Watch out for the whole series and you will see a different picture than the first innings.

imahmud
June 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
No offense but it is laughable that we expect our team to do better in test, play like test match but when they do bad (in the first innings), we criticize them in one day style. We all know that test match is a long version of game and require patience. Historically it happened many times that a visiting team does really badly in the first innings and later they catch up or do better in the next match. Give our team a break. Lets watch the entire game and be patient and keep our mouth shut and show our criticism patiently, just the character we expect from them. Be patient and support our team. We should criticize our team in test match style. Please practice what you preach. Guess where they learn it from? Thank you.:flag: ffice:office" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/<o:p></o:p>

Tiger Bhai
June 25, 2007, 07:50 PM
so typical of our kinds, we talk more and do less, now this is the exact effect which has taken to our playing as well, when it should be the other way.

my goodness the diffrence in size!!

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/image/299582.html

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 07:51 PM
so typical of our kinds, we talk more and do less, now this is the exact effect which has taken to our playing as well, when it should be the other way.

my goodness the diffrence in size!!

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/image/299582.html

...I think Rajin is crying.

Tiger Bhai
June 25, 2007, 08:02 PM
...I think Rajin is crying.

Vandorts leggard will cover half Rajin..

One World
June 25, 2007, 08:09 PM
I know why, we need McInnes.

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 08:11 PM
I know why, we need McInnes.
Is McInnes a wizard?
Or is he an anti-biotic?

al Furqaan
June 25, 2007, 08:15 PM
With due respect to all the hard analysis you guys are doing on players, the main reason is not skill, it's the attitude, it's the planning of the team management, it's the brainlessness of everyone involved. Simply changing some players here and there does no good to solve it.

spot on...spot on.

One World
June 25, 2007, 08:20 PM
Is McInnes a wizard?
Or is he an anti-biotic?

Hard questions bro that brings in that, everyone in the first eleven must have fitness problem or Ash did some vodoo to play his magnificent inningses.

oracle
June 25, 2007, 08:31 PM
It's expectation. It took India something like 14 years before they could win at a regular basis, and even then they lost a lot of matches and drew some. But sure enough, first ten years were losses. It is pretty much the same case with other countries even though with exceptions.

The problem is that Bangladesh started at the very lowest point in the ladder compard to other countries and that is why we are facing heavy losses. We should be aiming for well played draws before we contemplate test wins even though this is wrongly interpreted by our players as a defeatist attitude- which in the long run is not.

One World
June 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
It's expectation. It took India something like 14 years before they could win at a regular basis, and even then they lost a lot of matches and drew some. But sure enough, first ten years were losses. It is pretty much the same case with other countries even though with exceptions.

The problem is that Bangladesh started at the very lowest point in the ladder compard to other countries and that is why we are facing heavy losses. We should be aiming for well played draws before we contemplate test wins even though this is wrongly interpreted by our players as a defeatist attitude- which in the long run is not.

In light of Oracle's assumptions of not being in the test arena for too long and a sudden struggle inside a multi million dollar sport - media fanfare, the redundant discussion on our pathetic selection process can be resumed. Ok we do not need to play old players. Play the young guns and they can make the same 89 today and hopefully a 189 tomorrow, next day 489 and come steady.