PDA

View Full Version : Practice matches are not the real deal

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2007, 09:44 AM
Bashar's 63
Sakib's golden duck

TO MANY BC MEMBERS
See practice matches as practice.
Next time do not get all hyped up by a practice match performance. By now, we all should know who are the performers. Making too much of the above performance was not worth. I have seen a good Indian, Paki, Aussie side get trashed by county teams yet do very well in test against England.

In test one:
Bashar scored a magnificant whatever (:wave: )
Sakib was the highest scorer (You are the corner stone of BD team)

BTW, I would have picked Mushi anyways.

Baundule
June 25, 2007, 09:47 AM
:-D Bashar scored a magnificant whatever (:wave: )

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 09:48 AM
I think, in this case, the practice match WAS the real deal. We played shi**y then, we played shi**y now.

Surfer
June 25, 2007, 09:51 AM
Most touring teams use practice matches for experimenting. They want their batsmen and bowlers to get a fair taste of the conditions, the bounce and the weather. They allow their players to see if certain deliveries are effective enough, if certain shots should be avoided and all sorts of experiments. Very rarely 'winning' happens to be at the top of the list of priorities of the touring captain in a practice match.

Ehsan
June 25, 2007, 09:52 AM
Wait for another match (or even the 2nd innings) before counting out Bashar. I still have hope that he will get back. I am no Bashar fan btw but trying to give you guys my thoughts. We need to be rational. Bashar failed, Ashraful failed and so did the rest of the batsmen.

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2007, 09:54 AM
I think, in this case, the practice match WAS the real deal. We played shi**y then, we played shi**y now.
hmmm!!!
245 is same as 89?
104 overs and then declaring is equal to 32 overs?
Ah! I see you are talking about the runrate.

We didn't play "shi**y" in the practice match.

SS
June 25, 2007, 09:57 AM
Our batsmen do not know how to bat simple as that.
Because if you look at other teams, whenever they play they score freely but when our batsmen come to play they get out. First I thought it is temporary, or because of pitch, or a very good bowler. But the more I see this debacle, more I believe they lack techniques or standard.

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2007, 09:58 AM
Wait for another match (or even the 2nd innings) before counting out Bashar. I still have hope that he will get back. I am no Bashar fan btw but trying to give you guys my thoughts. We need to be rational. Bashar failed, Ashraful failed and so did the rest of the batsmen.
Continuous occurance can be known as habitual. How long we would play with 8/9 players against 11?

Yes, Bashar did score 57 not out in a world cup practice match. The chances of not performing stacks high. Good thing we have a 3 test series. At least we will see new lineup in the final test.

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 10:00 AM
hmmm!!!
245 is same as 89?
104 overs and then declaring is equal to 32 overs?
Ah! I see you are talking about the runrate.

We didn't play "shi**y" in the practice match.

You wouldn't say that our performance against a SL A team was bad? A RR of 2.35 ... a less than average performance by top order... to me, it is not acceptable. Seemingly in every match we rely on ONE batsman to guide us, and thats what happened in that match.

Tigers_eye bhai ... it was the SL A team! Ami ekhon khobe dukkhe mormohito.

Ehsan
June 25, 2007, 10:04 AM
Continuous occurance can be known as habitual. How long we would play with 8/9 players against 11?

If that is how you wanna put it then I would like to play with 10 players against 11 atleast in this series. I know I am taking the risk but if he just gets in form it will be worthwile and for the good of BD team itself.

BTW I am in complete favour of getting rid of Masud. That is why I mentioned 10 Vs 11 just to match with your theory. :)

al Furqaan
June 25, 2007, 10:23 AM
Our batsmen do not know how to bat simple as that.
Because if you look at other teams, whenever they play they score freely but when our batsmen come to play they get out. First I thought it is temporary, or because of pitch, or a very good bowler. But the more I see this debacle, more I believe they lack techniques or standard.

it also helped that we didnt play any test cricket for 13 months...with such a young team as well.

we didn't get any reasonable amnt of FC practice either...

bangladesh alsways start a series off in poor fashion. i just hope we can somehow avoid an innings defeat in this one....still not an impossible feat given the current scoreline.

zahid
June 25, 2007, 10:29 AM
The practice match was vs. SL A team.

And there is one BIG difference between the Practice match and the actual one - Murali !

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 06:01 PM
Bashar's out was a wrong decision from the debutant umpire. I still have enough faith on him as a test batsman. If Saqib fails to deliver in 2nd innings again then we can drop him to bring Rahim in the 2nd test.

Note: I am not a Saqib hater. In fact, I like him very much. But in current conditions I would like to give Rahim preference over him in test cricket.

Sovik
June 25, 2007, 06:03 PM
soccer20reverse may have already started to look for his other half

mali007
June 25, 2007, 07:04 PM
Before SL tour I was advocating for Tamim , Aftab in the test side. But some of BC members were against my opinion. Now 89 in 32 overs -------- this is yours so called
longer version players performances !!!!! Shame on you guys !! Our ODI squad can do much better then these OLDIES and OUT OF FORM players.