PDA

View Full Version : from now on...

Rifat
June 25, 2007, 10:01 AM
ashraful and his company sounded so determined and yet they put up a total so undetertmined.

he sounded very confident, focused and the whole team sounded confident focused and hopeful, this is only the first test and the first day and we sink like this, we should have been thankful for the warm up performance...

this is not over yet... we can still make a comeback forget everything, reapply the lessons of cricket and fight every ball like it is like your last, they know how to play and they should do better.

comments on experience:

Md. ashraful: he has been there for at least 5 years, he has a good knowledge of the game, then why does he still scores ducks and ones and twos very frequently if you have decent experience?

Habibul Bashar: same as Md. ashraful but he has been playing cricket longer than him...

nafees: you should get your form back very soon, since noone else does...

javed omor: come on dude, be a leader fro the whole team, at least show some fight, but i am expecting better results from you.

the rest of the players are still making their way into international cricket (excepr rafique and masud pilot, but they are not the top order batsmen) so no comment

is sri lankan bowling lineup is too much too handle for the minnows like us or does our team not care?

from now on, have fear and faith that the next match you play might be your last because if bangladesh continue like this then we might get banned from cricket like zimbabwe and that would suck for our country and its people.

this is depressing for the fans and i am pretty sure for the team as well, so rise up Bangladesh :flag:

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
yup all this for a 3rd day cricket?

Rommel
June 25, 2007, 10:09 AM
Do we really have any chance of drawing this Test match?

Ahmed_B
June 25, 2007, 10:24 AM
New captain... new coach... partially new team-formation with very young players.

Have patience guys. Be prepared mentally to face a few more Test matches like this. They will grow out of it... but not easily and not without pain. Fans need to fasten their seat-belts becoz its going to be a very tough ride for the next 1 year in the Test matches for BD.

Don't lose hearts already.. becoz we fans need to stay aside them for quite a long time.

Trigger_Tiger
June 25, 2007, 10:27 AM
Don't worry guys. We will play 5 days whether we lose or we draw! Sri Lanka will bat till the fourth or fifth day and score 700-800 runs and then put us in to bat. We shall then either tumble down or just hang tight! Chances of a draw ares lim unless we play out of our skins or mother nature helps us :)!!!!!

Nafis_BD
June 25, 2007, 10:30 AM
Do we really have any chance of drawing this Test match?
Yes, if it rains for 2 days or something miraculous happens other wise nooooooo way!!!

cover_point
June 25, 2007, 10:45 AM
As a Sri Lankan I can tell you that our team went through simillar experiences during the 80's. True, 89 is way too low a score for test team to be all out for. But I am sure they will provide a better display in the 2nd innings.
I wouldn't wish for rain, as BD needs as much exposure as they can.
Even if SL were to be thrashed by an innings, I'd rather prefer the game be played rather than be rained out.

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 10:51 AM
As a Sri Lankan I can tell you that our team went through simillar experiences during the 80's. True, 89 is way too low a score for test team to be all out for. But I am sure they will provide a better display in the 2nd innings.
Even if SL were to be thrashed by an innings, I'd rather prefer the game be played rather than be rained out.

Thanks for the info.. We r praying for the rain after bd finishes their 2nd innings ;)

Nafis_BD
June 25, 2007, 10:51 AM

I hope so and I don't want it to be washed out either!!

max410
June 25, 2007, 11:07 AM
I think the Bangladesh coach shaun Williams should coach them about how to play Murali's delivery he always takes wicket against Bd in test matches according to the record.
looks like The Bd players did not do their homework and they are not focused.
They have shown lack of consistency .
Lack of consistency in the game is not a sign of improvement for me.
They need to be careful of Murali otherwise the second innings will collapse again.

mali007
June 25, 2007, 02:15 PM
New captain... new coach... partially new team-formation with very young players.

Have patience guys. Be prepared mentally to face a few more Test matches like this. They will grow out of it... but not easily and not without pain. Fans need to fasten their seat-belts becoz its going to be a very tough ride for the next 1 year in the Test matches for BD.

Don't lose hearts already.. becoz we fans need to stay aside them for quite a long time.
HB, JO , KM , Rafique, Rajin are very young players !!!!!!

RazabQ
June 25, 2007, 02:20 PM
All I know is I'm glad I didn't shell out the dough for Willow and went to bed early.

ialbd
June 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
the longer version of the game needs further improvement in Bangladesh, we keep blaming the players temperament and yet nothing is being done to fix it....

3-4 day cricket should start from the school level tournaments..

shadman
June 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
who is young in our team apartfrom sakib. Its razzaq 2nd test but he plays a lots of ODI. thats not like test but still that is International cricket. So we are not a young team. They should show more consistency

Ahmed_B
June 25, 2007, 02:29 PM
Rajin is 23: Profile (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/slvbdesh/content/current/player/56074.html)
JO, KM, HB, Rafiq are the only senior players... and you can deduct JO & KM from the main contributors of the team. That leaves a team of 9 ... of which 7 are ... you know how old!

AsifTheManRahman
June 25, 2007, 02:31 PM
We haven't played tests in a year and a half, and we have a pretty young side playing against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. This was bound to happen.

Besides, while we've been playing the shorter version at home since 1975 or God knows when, the longer version's only been put into play a couple of years ago. So it'll take time. We make a decent up and coming ODI side, but a pretty crappy test side, and that is probably how it will be until the domestic cricket comes up to shape and we are allowed to play test matches without any ridiculous breaks.

Ahmed_B
June 25, 2007, 02:36 PM
So we are not a young team.
BD is the Test team having the lowest average age of its players. IT IS currently the youngest test team by age of its players alone.

Fahmid
June 25, 2007, 02:46 PM
Prepare for more humilation....BD will be crushed....and soon same people who said Ash is the best to lead the team will be blaming Ashraful for debacle. These defeats are doing so much damage to BD cricket and we are so stupid that we do not recognise it. BD are must stop playing tests against the best in the business and start to play against A sides... I know its very hard for you guies to accept this but let me tell you some thing...if BD starts to get in to habit of drawing and winning long version matches againsts similar type of opponents then BD will definatley perform againsts top sides with a positive attitudes. This is the only way and we all should not expect BD beating any of the top sides in tests in 5 years or so....Cos its highly unlikely. This BD team is worse than any of the county sides we have in England......

SS
June 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
from now on
I will not dream of BD scoring 200 (max), 250+ no ways
I will not dream of BD playing tests for more than three days
from now on
I will think Ashraful is like "Eider Chand" , we will wait forever to see the blaze
Mashrafee and Shahadat are only hopes in the pace, with later giving grunt and glaze
from now on
no unrealistic hopes from Golla, Bashar, KM,Rajin, as they love to play their old ways
Rafique mamu tries hard don't know how longer he stays
from now on
Ash,Aftab,Mushi, Sakib, tushar, Tamim are the young ones supose to own the days
but getting out after being set becoming their habit nowadays
from now on
No expectations from bowlers to take wickets but opponent bowlers get it always
we need more variation and class in bowling department; got abundance of SLAs
from now on
We won't do better if we don't change, learn and don't work hard to improve in better ways
I am worried, hoping our test status stays

Nafis_BD
June 25, 2007, 03:01 PM

YHou are not the only one who is worried and hoping that our test status stays!!!

ammark
June 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
SS is back in his old form. the perennial pessimist. Good to see people bringing us back down to earth

SS
June 25, 2007, 03:06 PM
SS is back in his old form. the perennial pessimist. Good to see people bringing us back down to earth
I seek the truth and speak for it. Till BCB changes our cricketing structure and organize more longer version of the matches, till they bring specailized coaches and coach U14, U19 and A team players, till we have more Mashrafee, Rajib, Rafique mamu...my mission will go on.

Fazal
June 25, 2007, 03:08 PM
from now on
from now on
I will think Ashraful is like "Eider Chand" , we will wait forever to see the blaze
Mashrafee and Shahadat are only hopes in the pace, with later giving grunt and glaze
from now on
no unrealistic hopes from Golla, Bashar, KM,Rajin, as they love to play their old ways
from now on
from now on
from now on
We won't do better if we don't change, learn and don't work hard to improve in better ways

Moner Dhukhhey SS Akhon Deeyana
Kobita Chara Onno Bhasayee Kotha ar Koina

Bhebe chilo akash jurey chorabey shopno dekhar alo
Kintu Bas, Ash ar Gullu korey dilo akash tarey kalo

ammark
June 25, 2007, 03:09 PM
Good of you to mention SS bhai. Mone koray dilen ajker shongbad....

Change imminent in BCB
Sports Reporter

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) general secretary Mahbub Anam yesterday told that he had no idea about the news of disbanding the executive committee of the board.

Sources confirmed that Sports Adviser Tapan Chowdhury had a meeting at the ministry on Sunday, where the issue of the BCB was discussed along with reforms of the National Sports Council and other federations.

The Sports Adviser also told a local TV channel on Sunday that steps have been taken to reform sport bodies including the BCB and all corruptions will be looked into.

After a meeting of BCB's budget committee at the Dhaka Club yesterday, Mahbub Anam told that he was not informed about this.

"I'll make no comment because I have heard nothing. If the government takes this decision, every one will have to go by it," said the BCB general secretary.

It is speculated that a new ad-hoc committee will replace the elected body next month.http://www.thedailystar.ws/2007/06/26/d70626040332.htm

AsifTheManRahman
June 25, 2007, 03:10 PM
I seek the truth and speak for it. Till BCB changes our cricketing structure and organize more longer version of the matches, till they bring specailized coaches and coach U14, U19 and A team players, till we have more Mashrafee, Rajib, Rafique mamu...my mission will go on.

Oh, SS on fire!! :D

SS
June 25, 2007, 03:12 PM
BCB earnings rose but they didn't take necessary attempts to bring a specialized batting coach for so long. Last time there was a coach for tailenders, but they never brought someone even in contract basis since 2003 world cup.

Fahmid
June 25, 2007, 03:19 PM
I seek the truth and speak for it. Till BCB changes our cricketing structure and organize more longer version of the matches, till they bring specailized coaches and coach U14, U19 and A team players, till we have more Mashrafee, Rajib, Rafique mamu...my mission will go on. This is the way every one should learn to live....honesty, open, speaking the truth and accepting the reality....and no false hopes..

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 03:40 PM
BCB earnings rose but they didn't take necessary attempts to bring a specialized batting coach for so long. Last time there was a coach for tailenders, but they never brought someone even in contract basis since 2003 world cup.

may be the head coach didn't want one...

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 03:43 PM
I am fed up with people who r saying we shouldn't play TEST after every lost. I didn't notice this mentality when we were losing ODI's for 5 years. but all of a sudden with the winning habit in ODI brought these so called fans who is questioning our status. there you go i spoke my mind now. So YES to we played bad, selectors r not good, facilities r not good but NO to no TEST cause that's the only way we can learn. Some countries took 20+ years. that means three / four generations of players and we r running just 2nd....

GothamCity
June 25, 2007, 03:49 PM
I don't think BD should stop playing TESTS altogether but should play more often with EQUAL or SIMILAR teams and win a LOT to build their confidence. Yes they need the exposure but cannot humiliate themselves so much maybe have a series with Zimbabwe or Kenya (Do they have test Status ?)in between playing the better teams.

catstrophy
June 25, 2007, 04:24 PM
I don't think BD should stop playing TESTS altogether but should play more often with EQUAL or SIMILAR teams and win a LOT to build their confidence. Yes they need the exposure but cannot humiliate themselves so much maybe have a series with Zimbabwe or Kenya (Do they have test Status ?)in between playing the better teams.

I agree 100%

habfreak
June 25, 2007, 04:52 PM
From now on...every time I hear somebody questioning out test status; i will remind them about the pre-Whatmore era, when everyone wanted us stripped off ODI status. Look at our One-day squad now, and see how far we have come!
How absurd those critics sound now? How absurd will you sound in two years when BD starts performing equally in both versions of the game. Am I Day-dreaming...may be! but hey...I've been doing this a long time...AND SOMETIMES THEY DO COME TRUE!

syzygy
June 25, 2007, 05:00 PM

hmmm..now that only last week when i brought up this topic and everyone jumped on me because it hurted their ego to see bd playing A sides of top 7.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=22207

now how does it hurt to see them playing like this folks? as miraz said in his bulletin this kind of experience is better "forgettable" and practically it demoralizes u and u dont learn anything from such defeats except being a little emotional.

stil there is time, true bd fans should shed their ego and if bd has to progress in the test arena, from now on they should seriously think about playing more against A sides or county sides or sides like Zim(if they get back their test status). saying that other nations took 20 yrs time to play good test cricket is not an excuse and is a thought in the backward direction.

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 05:02 PM
hmmm..now that only last week when i brought up this topic and everyone jumped on me because it hurted their ego to see bd playing A sides of top 7.

now how does it hurt to see them playing like this folks? as miraz said in his bulletin this kind of experience is better "forgettable" and practically it demoralizes u and u dont learn anything from such defeats except being a little emotional.

stil there is time, true bd fans should shed their ego and if bd has to progress in the test arena, from now on they should seriously think about playing more against A sides or county sides or sides like Zim(if they get back their test status). saying that other nations took 20 yrs time to play good test cricket is not an excuse and is a thought in the backward direction.

Read number post 32 and 29 before beating your band...

DJ Sahastra
June 25, 2007, 05:09 PM
Scrapping the Test-Status or playing A-teams is not the answer .

Similarly, taking example of countries from 1940-70s is not the excuse either. Those were different times with difefrent following of cricket and a totally difefrent yardstick for participation and performance.

There is no excuse for not being able to survive more than 3 days on subcontinental pitches and i still hope and pray that BD team stands up and shows some spirit.

Ahsan
June 25, 2007, 05:14 PM
All I know is I'm glad I didn't shell out the dough for Willow and went to bed early.

did not buy it at all knowing that BD is gonna play SL in SL :)

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 05:20 PM

Very valid point made. Our fans are inconsistent like our players. Please have patience. A new formation always gonna take time to settle down for a team time us. Please try to have a big heart.

uss01
June 25, 2007, 07:28 PM
Awww, so sweet. Yeah it's really up to the players to perform. Right now they are seriously underperforming. It's not too hard to score 300-350 against any team. Unfortunately these idiots can't even do that. Ash is a biggest idiot, still playing like a teenage prodigy when he should be playing like a serious captain. BTW Rajin should not be coming in at number 3. I thought Shaun Williams was smarter than that to get a better batting order. He should be coming in at 5 or 6.

Scrapping the Test-Status or playing A-teams is not the answer .

Similarly, taking example of countries from 1940-70s is not the excuse either. Those were different times with difefrent following of cricket and a totally difefrent yardstick for participation and performance.

There is no excuse for not being able to survive more than 3 days on subcontinental pitches and i still hope and pray that BD team stands up and shows some spirit.

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 07:57 PM

Haha Syzygy, mate, I am aware of that thread very well. I was a staunch opposer to what you had stated. But look at this: http://www.icc-cricket.com/test/stats/team_low_totals.html

Although this is painful to watch, it is the only way to learn and move ahead. That's why teams like australia, new zealand, india, etc have moved beyond that point of low scoring.

One World
June 25, 2007, 08:26 PM
from now on I will think twice before getting cranky in a work day.

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 08:34 PM
I feel bad for those folks who took a sicky from work/school for this pathetic display ...

oracle
June 25, 2007, 08:47 PM

SS is right. I will add my suspicions. No offence to many people in BCB who are dedicated to Bangladesh cricket and really put genuine effort for the country but I think BCB should get a thorough audit. For example, I was disappointed last year when we did not get a fast bowling coach which we could easily have afforded. (By the way, hate to say it but this is a phenomenon that I have seen in many BD organisations and inevitably it always smells something foul).

In fact, I recall that a foreign coach was so eager and ready to do that but had been rejected because of some lame excuse. The bottom line is that past accountability of BCB is unacceptable and it has not completely been rectified.

I hope the military government (that's what it is) reconstitutes/reforms(whatever you call it) this organisation from top to bottom . Also never allow these politicians who were responsible for damaging BCB back in.

Rifat
June 25, 2007, 08:52 PM
from now on
from now on
from now on
from now on
from now on
from now on

are you a professional poet?

if we expect less bangladesh wins.. for example nobody expected bangladesh to beat pakistan and south africa in the world cup and they did it.

if we expect more bangladesh "dube dube pani khai"... for example losing to Ireland and Canada in the world cup.

so from now on no more expectations please if want to see bangladesh success. so i like what SS wrote(a.k.a. mr. poet) :wave:

selina
June 25, 2007, 09:35 PM
SS is right. I will add my suspicions. No offence to many people in BCB who are dedicated to Bangladesh cricket and really put genuine effort for the country but I think BCB should get a thorough audit. For example, I was disappointed last year when we did not get a fast bowling coach which we could easily have afforded. (By the way, hate to say it but this is a phenomenon that I have seen in many BD organisations and inevitably it always smells something foul).

In fact, I recall that a foreign coach was so eager and ready to do that but had been rejected because of some lame excuse. The bottom line is that past accountability of BCB is unacceptable and it has not completely been rectified.

I hope the military government (that's what it is) reconstitutes/reforms(whatever you call it) this organisation from top to bottom . Also never allow these politicians who were responsible for damaging BCB back in.

Seems like such a harsh, awful but somehow predictable truth.

CTG has tured into a military government ? :(

mali007
June 25, 2007, 10:35 PM
We haven't played tests in a year and a half, and we have a pretty young side playing against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. This was bound to happen.

Besides, while we've been playing the shorter version at home since 1975 or God knows when, the longer version's only been put into play a couple of years ago. So it'll take time. We make a decent up and coming ODI side, but a pretty crappy test side, and that is probably how it will be until the domestic cricket comes up to shape and we are allowed to play test matches without any ridiculous breaks.
I am tired of hearing " We did not play test for 13 months, so we are not performing well". Do you remember in our inaugural test match we scored 400 ----- with out test
experience !! So, don't give false excuses ----- " NAACHTAY NAA JAANLAY UDHAAN
BAAKA.

PoorFan
June 25, 2007, 10:57 PM

<!--StartFragment -->Yes very young players! Without Javed, Bashar, Pilot ... I am ready to fasten my seat belt, even ride a roller / jet coaster.

PoorFan
June 25, 2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, this batting coach and bowling coach pops up every now and then and get vanished in the end, this is so frustrating. I think our players ( Captain, VC ) should be more vocal and repeated on this regard.

One World
June 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
from now on we will call a out of from batsman out of form batsman (period)