PDA

View Full Version : The Cricket Video Store of BD matches in Dhaka

fwullah
October 8, 2003, 12:55 AM
Hello, I think someone here wanted to know the address of a video shop from where you can get video cassettes (and afford to pay 500 Taka for each match) of Bangladesh's cricket matches against different oppositions.

When you had wanted for the address, I could not find it then. Now I have found the address. So, if you do need it, then go to the following address or call them:

"Winner Video & Multimedia Systems"

64/B, Stadium Super Market (1st floor)
Dhaka - 1000, Bangladesh.

Tel: 019 342 092 (mobile phone number, but can call from any land phone also)

0171 161 828 (mobile to mobile; the number is actually starting with 017 161 828, but recently all Grameen Phone numbers of 017 has changed to 0171, so I have added the '1' after '017')

Invoice No. 854

Hasib
October 8, 2003, 06:59 AM
Would they have the World cup 99 Bangladesh v Pakistan in it?

I think i might check it out when i go to Bangladesh again.

Ehsan
October 8, 2003, 08:21 AM
Are the videos available in VCD/DVD? The "Multimedia" says something.

fwullah
October 8, 2003, 08:49 AM
No, the videos there are in video cassettes, no VCDs and certainly no DVDs.

I am not sure about BD vs Pak WC 99 match, but you can check that out - if you can call at the 2 mobile phones.

bhobishshot
October 8, 2003, 09:30 AM
Thank you. It was I who was looking for the tapes. For those who wants the BD vs PAK, it should be widely available. I have seen it in deshi stores here in houston.

Hasib
October 9, 2003, 02:59 AM
thanks

Sami
October 10, 2003, 07:33 AM
Well if Video Cassettes are avbailable I am sure VCDs will be available now... 500 bucks is a fair bargain for a match (I am assuming we are talking abt the whole match and not just highlights)... Have to check this place out when I go to BD next time... maybe by then they will have the games on VCD/DVD as well... I really hope they do... Tapes are... umm... well bulky to carry around

Mahmood
October 11, 2003, 05:39 AM
Fahmida,

The ones you bought, are those illegal copies or do they actually have nice case with who produced it written on it? DO they come from a ceredible channel or just someone used VCR?

This will be a big help if you can tell me.

Thanks.

fwullah
October 11, 2003, 11:51 AM
What I have, is the recording of Bangladesh versus Zimbabwe ODI match - when Bangladesh scored the 272 - the highest score in an ODI upto now - and the 'Ekushey TV' sign on the top right corner, which means that it was a copy of recording in VCR from Ekushey TV.

Mahmood
October 11, 2003, 12:15 PM
Ok, thanks.