PDA

View Full Version : Rafique Should Have Been The Test Captain

shamz
June 25, 2007, 01:05 PM
I Think Mohammad Rafique Should Have Been The Test Captain Of Bangladesh Rather Than Mohammad Asharaful.
If You Look At Mohammad Rafique Performance In The Afro Asia And The Way He Bowls Lots Of Over In Test Than Any Other Bowler Than He Should Have Been Given The Chance Of Being The Test Captain.
Mohammad Rafique Have Cleaver Mind That He Brought Up In His 10 Or More Years Of Experience.

Tell Me Ur Reply.

GothamCity
June 25, 2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah in terms of experience maybe, but is he a natural leader ?
And what, no Mashrafe in your list ? Bangladesh's ONLY consistent and
dependable player besides Mushy.

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2007, 01:09 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=20437&highlight=Rafique
I had this thread on april 2007. You can see how people thought at that time.

Kabir
June 25, 2007, 01:27 PM
Finally, amader poll master Shamz bhai is back :big_hug:

By the way, I don't think Rafiq is a good choice...given his age. He'll soon be retiring.

Pundit
June 25, 2007, 02:10 PM
I think I should have been the captain. No, you should have been...no my coz should have been....

RazabQ
June 25, 2007, 02:29 PM
Pundit you are wrong! Boycott's mom should have been our test captain. Our team often sucks and our posters responses sucks even more!

shadman
June 25, 2007, 02:36 PM
I still have support for HB. He is not doing well but as a captain he is the best. Once we lost 47 match in a row but when he bacome a captain we start winning and see now we can challenge any team of the world. Ashraful is a nice player but he doesn't have consistency. Some one said he is like Eid twice in a year. But Basar was much better. U can go to cricinfo and look at his performance as a test captain.

ammark
June 25, 2007, 02:37 PM
Pundit you are wrong! Boycott's mom should have been our test captain. Our team often sucks and our posters responses sucks even more!

I sense disillusionment with BC that has been piling on for years :smug:

As for Bashar's captaincy.... no comment, I've said enough since 2005. Here's a pic of a dorshok at one of the BD v Ind matches at Mirpur:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_JMXOxfs1enQ/RknWt9OsS6I/AAAAAAAAAGQ/maBN5-2V5QE/s320/P5125723.JPG

sensible
June 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
Somehow Bangladeshis always get into this "change individual" mentality! Changing a person instead of improving the game is not going to change anything. Be it Bashar or Ash or Rafique, unless Bangladeshi players take more responsibility as a team and raise their game, we'll get these kind of results again and again.....

Rubu
June 25, 2007, 02:47 PM
We are celebrating ash being the captain like crazy and one day after, we think he is not the right choice. :timeout:

Ahmed_B
June 25, 2007, 02:49 PM
Here we go!...
A call for Ashraful's head just after his first day of captaincy!

Great going shamz!! You are the greatest BD fan on earth!!! :)

damalChele
June 25, 2007, 03:07 PM
Here we go!...
A call for Ashraful's head just after his first day of captaincy!

Great going shamz!! You are the greatest BD fan on earth!!! :)

keep an eye for more ash bashing threads.

Fazal
June 25, 2007, 03:16 PM
After supporting BD for soo long I am biased towards underdogs... whenever I see a an underdog I feel obligated to support him. Also I am soo Sad and tired (Zzzzzzz..) I feel like I need to align with SadZ ...and I therefore I casted my vote accordingly...

ialbd
June 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
yes ofcourse rafiq should have been the captain, and after that khaled masud and then back to bashar again and then ashraful again..... khelar ki dorkar....

akabir77
June 25, 2007, 03:46 PM
captaining BD team is not the problem there r more bigger problems in the team than that. ODI ASH is the correct captain but in test he is not...

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 05:36 PM
This is the first assignment of Ash and we started to say that he is not a good choice!!! Why can't we be a lil bit patience?

BTW Ash played a very bad inning yesterday, but i loved his captaincy. Some times he seemed to a lil bit more agressive as a captain. But he will settle down soon. And above all i loved the way he changed his bowlers.

Sovik
June 25, 2007, 06:07 PM
ashraful is the right choice. rafiq won't be able to play for long and it wasn't the captaincy, it was our batting

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 07:32 PM
Come on folks ... first day of his first test captaincy, and we are already after the kid?

real123
June 25, 2007, 07:43 PM
Ash is the right choice. we should give him enough time.
Bashar's captaincy had nothing to do with BD's wins. Like the posrter said he is a "cat".
Anyway, enough has been said about him and he is past now.

We need to move on.

One World
June 25, 2007, 09:01 PM
Come on folks ... first day of his first test captaincy, and we are already after the kid?

Yep Bro, Unnecessary poll!

selina
June 25, 2007, 09:30 PM
Just because the first innings was a disaster doesn't mean we should immediatly change captains, from Ashraful to Rafique. Wht would Rafique have done differently if he was the captain and was in this situation? Probably nothing drastically different from Ashraful. We should focus more on improvement in batting, not captaincy.

cricketboy
June 26, 2007, 03:46 AM
Who voted for Pilot.:lol:

BanCricFan
June 26, 2007, 04:21 AM
Iftikhar uddin bin Bokhtier should have been the automatic choice for captaincy.

Fire the think-tank!

cricket_pagol
June 26, 2007, 04:26 AM
I think SN and Mushfiq has captaincy potential for the future... but ash is the right choice for captaincy at the moment. Give him some time to fine tune his captaincy skills... definitely like the fact that he is trying to be aggressive and trying to do things differently.

Antora
June 26, 2007, 04:35 AM
oh allah please help these people!!! we were happy to bash bashar out of captaincy and we were all saying how good it is to have ash as both test and odi captain.....
and now that we play bad and ash is in charge for the first time ......we wont someone else as captain???? this is what bangladeshi fans are really like??? well i can say one thing.. give ash more time.. he will prove to be the best bd captain eva!!!

Shaan
June 26, 2007, 04:57 AM
:hairpull:bhai ek match captaincy korthe na korthe abar ki shuru hoilo!! This is Int. level cricket not a para-moholla level cricket. Johkon thokhon capatain bodlanor gura rug ki amader paia boshlo !!!

cricket_dorshok
June 26, 2007, 04:59 AM
oh allah please help these people!!! we were happy to bash bashar out of captaincy and we were all saying how good it is to have ash as both test and odi captain.....
and now that we play bad and ash is in charge for the first time ......we wont someone else as captain???? this is what bangladeshi fans are really like??? well i can say one thing.. give ash more time.. he will prove to be the best bd captain eva!!!
Antora, you know he (thread opener) is a poll master of BC. he always come with a poll-thread and disappear without taking part in any discussion in the thread he opened. so sometime you need to ignore something.

Antora
June 27, 2007, 02:10 AM
Antora, you know he (thread opener) is a poll master of BC. he always come with a poll-thread and disappear without taking part in any discussion in the thread he opened. so sometime you need to ignore something.

maybe they should be ignored!!!L-)