PDA

View Full Version : Hopes are high for Tuesdays innings

Sadz
June 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
:D I believe that BD team will bounce back effieciently tommorrow. Firstly because they are usually good in one innings and poor in the other. I would have loved 2 see at least Ashraful or Sakib and co to get a half century today. But in reply the only positive was Shahadots 2 quick wickets.Hopefully we will move on from today and fight back strongly at least. After all we r the tigerz, arent we? So lets show them what weve got and give it our all. 100% effort is all Im looking for. And we all know the outcome will be really positive if our players give their full concentration and skills on the field. Good luck Bangladesh.Win or lose, young or old, lets support our team. Forget all the players individual performances we failed as a team and as a result failed as individuals.Lets hope we can move on from this, I know we can.

CricketCrazzie
June 25, 2007, 03:22 PM
I have stopped day dreaming loong long time ago!!!

rubel_18
June 25, 2007, 03:26 PM

Same here, guys stop daydreaming plz for your own sake b4 u get dissappointed.

Sadz
June 25, 2007, 03:26 PM

Sorry what did u mean by that?

sandpiper
June 25, 2007, 03:28 PM
hopefulness is the only way of life

Nafis_BD
June 25, 2007, 03:29 PM

They meant there is no way what you wrote above is gonna happen.

ialbd
June 25, 2007, 03:32 PM
well its the 'pursuit of shommanjonok porajoy' again, so yea there might be couple of 50's and a score of 200+, but theres no consolation there....

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2007, 03:34 PM
The 'loong long' means "long long long time ago - jokhon arob'er lokera banglai kotha bolito". He is just lazy not to type that extra 'long'.
I don't think Jayawardene would declare in 2nd session. I minimum lead of 400 which makes a 500 innings on the card. That would make sure they bat out the entire day. Which wouldn't allow BD to bat on tuesday. Hense instead of tuesday innings it should be a wednesday innings.

GothamCity
June 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
Well if we have an alternate mindset of just playing good cricket since winning is rather a bleak possibility, maybe we'd have seen a better outcome. There is however the Murali Factor.

Rifat
June 25, 2007, 06:58 PM
hopefulness is the only way of life

that's how i live and i live for tommorrow.

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 07:17 PM
You really want to know what will happen in the 2nd BD innings? There will be another fallout. Total devastation. Too long have we hoped beyond reality only to have our dreams crushed over and over and over and over again.

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 07:20 PM
You really want to know what will happen in the 2nd BD innings? There will be another fallout. Total devastation. Too long have we hoped beyond reality only to have our dreams crushed over and over and over and over again.
No it won't. In 2nd innings there will be a score of 350+.

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 07:23 PM
No it won't. In 2nd innings there will be a score of 350+.

God bless you mate ... tomar mukhe ful chondon poruk ... but, I am not willing to get my hopes up ... again.

But I'll hold you to it :bighug:

One World
June 25, 2007, 09:13 PM
I am waiting for another Murali Demolition which seems pretty obvious.

Ehsan
June 26, 2007, 07:37 AM
If you keep your hopes high then there is a good chance you will be hurt and disappointed. And if you keep that hope to a modest level or even if you don't have any hope at all then if something comes along the way you will be surprised and happier than if you had the hopes high. This is what life and BD cricket has taught me. :)

Sohel
June 26, 2007, 07:42 AM
"Hope" is what we cling on to when we can no longer anticipate anything else.

However, I do know that Ash will do his best, even with this particular team.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 07:44 AM
will fight like in your avatar ? ;)
"Hope" is what we cling on to when we can no longer anticipate anything else.

However, I do know that Ash will do his best, even with this particular team.

Rubu
June 26, 2007, 07:45 AM
it is a fact, we suck at test specially in SL specially against murali.

so, hold your horses and expect a similar performance. in fact, my suggestion is to take a good night sleep if you are at the western part of the world, you'll feel much better in the morning.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 08:20 AM
I don't think Jayawardene would declare in 2nd session. I minimum lead of 400 which makes a 500 innings on the card. That would make sure they bat out the entire day. Which wouldn't allow BD to bat on tuesday. Hense instead of tuesday innings it should be a wednesday innings.
As I said yesterday, Tuesday BD innings was flawless. No wickets fell. It is the wednesday innings that counts. ;)

SS
June 26, 2007, 08:23 AM
SL should let Murali rest. He is working hard just for tommorrow...begging Jayawardane...

nasimul
June 26, 2007, 09:36 AM
Waiting for another batting collapse.

israr
June 26, 2007, 11:08 AM
I don't want to be satisfied by seeing only one good session for us.

Sadz
June 26, 2007, 12:53 PM
Y is no1 except a few like warwolf being positive? life will be a nightmare if we expect the worst.

radagast
June 26, 2007, 12:58 PM
Y is no1 except a few like warwolf being positive? life will be a nightmare if we expect the worst.

Let me take a wild swing over here.. cause we have been burnt way too many times??? Common.. is it really that hard to guess? /:)

Rizvi
June 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
Whats the record for the biggest margin of loss in test cricket? Innings and 300? 400?
How close are we to achieve that feat??? I'm excited

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 01:06 PM
Dear BC members, take my word,

OUR BATSMEN WILL BOUNCE BACK TODAY

Baundule
June 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
:D I believe that BD team will bounce back effieciently tommorrow. Firstly because they are usually good in one innings and poor in the other. I would have loved 2 see at least Ashraful or Sakib and co to get a half century today. But in reply the only positive was Shahadots 2 quick wickets.Hopefully we will move on from today and fight back strongly at least. After all we r the tigerz, arent we? So lets show them what weve got and give it our all. 100% effort is all Im looking for. And we all know the outcome will be really positive if our players give their full concentration and skills on the field. Good luck Bangladesh.Win or lose, young or old, lets support our team. Forget all the players individual performances we failed as a team and as a result failed as individuals.Lets hope we can move on from this, I know we can.

One of the funniest threads I have come across ever in BC. :)

So, what do you mean by 'bouncing back'? Scoring 400 runs? :-D

I know, there are fans who will do Miandad dancing even if someone score a 30-ball half century. :sick:

To me, the only 'bounce back' can be batting for the whole 3 days; or at least 2 and a half days, to ensure a draw.

Shaan
June 26, 2007, 01:20 PM

So, what do you mean by 'bouncing back'? Scoring 400 runs? :-D

I know, there are fans who will do Miandad dancing even if someone score a 30-ball half century. :sick:

To me, the only 'bounce back' can be batting for the whole 3 days; or at least 2 and a half days, to ensure a draw.

oigular (our players) jodi lojja shorom abong jed thake tahole katha balish niya dui din crease poira thakthe pare jodi thahole mone ektu sukh pamu. Vaas jodi century korthe pare amader Batsmender uchit moner rage ebong dukke wicket pore thaka, run emnithei asbe..

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
relax guys, I believe this quadro of Vaas, Murali, Malinga and Dilhara can pack any other team of the world (ex. Australia) below 200 in their own backyard. They were just tooooo good for our volatile batsmen.

rah
June 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
do u know what we should be angry and expect a batting flop
dat way if we flop we wont get dat angry as we were expectin it but if we bat good we will be so happy
lool das ma words on dis topic lol

ruja1810
June 26, 2007, 01:28 PM
Allah shudu ja nen Ki aa chay amader Batsman der kopalay but we should be optimistic about tomorrow's batting. The key thing is how to handle Murali's bowling....

Just Wondering--- Amader desh ay Murali/Shane der moto spinner kobay hobay???

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 01:41 PM
Whats the record for the biggest margin of loss in test cricket? Innings and 300? 400?
How close are we to achieve that feat??? I'm excited
Innings and 579. SL didn't score enough.

England 903/7 dec Australia 201 and 123 - (1938)
This is for an away team's highest losing margin.

For a home team losing by the largerest margin was:

Australia 652/7 dec SA 159 and 133 - (2001-02) Not long back.
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TESTS/RESULTS/BIGGEST_TEST_WINS_BY_INNS.html

The current #1 and #2 ranked teams have history of having getting their behind kicked in the worse possible way. Failure is the pillar of success (proved).

At this point we are not featured in the top five in this category. Hopefully it stays that way. :)
Bd has to score 179 to avoid the worst defeat ever in BD history. Tall task.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 01:55 PM

...this is not looking good.

Can't our batsmen make ten 25 run partnerships?! Is that too much to ask?!

Sadz
June 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
One of the funniest threads I have come across ever in BC.

So, what do you mean by 'bouncing back'? Scoring 400 runs?

I know, there are fans who will do Miandad dancing even if someone score a 30-ball half century.

Im sorry if u feel like this but what i meant was that we wud at least score better than now and at least total 200 runs+. Sorry if this is the funniest thread ever but u r the only 1 over reacting m8.Get a life man, getting all hyped over a little thing.Some things in life never change.

Baundule
June 26, 2007, 02:57 PM
Sadz, dont feel sad mite. The thred is funny; but not in a bad sense :)
So, I dont have to get a life, ok? ;)

So, you mean, scoring 200+ is your high hope?

Sohel
June 26, 2007, 03:54 PM
A little meaningful entertainment when the task is impossibly tall ain't bad. Meaningful refers to the elusive combination of higher percentage shot selection and not throwing your wicket away under any circumstances.

radagast
June 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
Dear BC members, take my word,

OUR BATSMEN WILL BOUNCE BACK TODAY

Bounce between the crease and the dressing room you mean?? Just kidding. :big_hug:

sadi
June 26, 2007, 06:45 PM
Innings and 579. SL didn't score enough.

England 903/7 dec Australia 201 and 123 - (1938)
This is for an away team's highest losing margin.

For a home team losing by the largerest margin was:

Australia 652/7 dec SA 159 and 133 - (2001-02) Not long back.
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TESTS/RESULTS/BIGGEST_TEST_WINS_BY_INNS.html

The current #1 and #2 ranked teams have history of having getting their behind kicked in the worse possible way. Failure is the pillar of success (proved).

At this point we are not featured in the top five in this category. Hopefully it stays that way. :)

All of a sudden, I don't feel that bad. Tiger bhai jindabad.

One World
June 26, 2007, 09:07 PM
Post # 11 proofs its avatar
Post # 16 is the portrayal of an optimist
Post # 22 is the voice of a workman
Post # 36 is a bit philosophical
Post # 26 is the voice of a true tiger
Post # 28 in the pursuit of happyness
Post # 34 a bit personal but ok
Post # 14 the inevitable
Post # 39 same old same old

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 09:22 PM
Post # 11 proofs its avatar
Post # 16 is the portrayal of an optimist
Post # 22 is the voice of a workman
Post # 36 is a bit philosophical
Post # 26 is the voice of a true tiger
Post # 28 in the pursuit of happyness
Post # 34 a bit personal but ok
Post # 14 the inevitable
Post # 39 same old same old

:D

The fact that I changed my avatar an hour before the match started is a bit uncanny...

oracle
June 26, 2007, 09:27 PM
C mon Tigers - just put up a stiff resistance. The series is'nt over!

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 09:30 PM
Lead of 487 ... BD bats for till Lunch on the 5th day ... scores 650 (with aggressive innings by key players) ... our "trio" of Five spinners return to their parsimonious self, and force a draw.

:D

WarWolf
June 26, 2007, 10:24 PM
Common boys. Ash please make a double hundred.

zia
June 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
Some times miracles happen. Most of the time we don't get pleasant surprises. One day God will think enough is enough let give these guys a break. Wednesday is going to be such a day. We will bat the whole day. Golla and SN will take us past 150, then there will be two centuries. We will easily avoid innings defeat...then on 5hth day we will make them bat again. Then the rain will start pouring in and the game will be abondoned. It can happen. It can happen during this test match. One thing good about miracles that they do happen.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 10:37 PM
Some times miracles happen. Most of the time we don't get pleasant surprises. One day God will think enough is enough let give these guys a break. Wednesday is going to be such a day. We will bat the whole day. Golla and SN will take us past 150, then there will two centuries. We will easily avoid innings defeat...then on 5hth day we will make them bat again. Then the rain will start pouring in and the game will be abondoned. It can happen. It can happen during this test match. One thing good about miracles that they do happen.

I like your optimism, bro!
:flag:

zia
June 27, 2007, 12:32 AM
Looks like Golla and SN is heading towards 150. Inshallah.

zia
June 27, 2007, 01:13 AM
Almost half way through. Needs 80 more.

Foozy
June 27, 2007, 02:19 AM
LETS ALL PRAY THAT RAIN HELPS US REACH A DRAW...;)...
teh possitive attitude we showed today will force ppl to write good reviews.. but if there is no rain... the next few players will get us mertilized again... haha

Sadz
June 27, 2007, 02:38 AM
Every1 good news.bangladesh r on 110/1 in 30 overs at luch. hope we could get 300+ that would be good. if only nafees stayed on and got his century, anyways stail waiting for afternoon session 2 start.good luck bdesh.what r my critics gonna say now of bouncing back eh?

Protic
June 27, 2007, 07:23 AM
233/5 , End of day 3.
:p How about Sakib scores a ton? but i wont mind if he doesnt. He's still new.

Rifat
June 27, 2007, 07:33 AM

God bless Bangladesh, we have acheived just 1/3 of that :smug:

Baundule
June 27, 2007, 08:10 AM
yes, only 2/3 of the work is left. ;)
for me, half of the remaining 2/3 will be just fine. I mean, batting the whole day tomorrow..