PDA

View Full Version : How dissapointed are you at Bangladesh's performance on the first day?

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 07:45 PM
Short and simple poll ... how disappointed are you?

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 07:47 PM
Short and simple poll ... how disappointed are you?
Very much. But yet hoping some good show in upcoming innings.

sandpiper
June 25, 2007, 07:50 PM
I got wordless seeing the score in the morning

MohammedC
June 25, 2007, 08:11 PM
Very disappointed

al Furqaan
June 25, 2007, 08:12 PM
i expected a crap performance...SL is our kryptonite...i honestly feel that against any other team in the world, we would have done at least quite a bit better.

i have a feeling our players know that SL will kill them regardless of who they play.

but i thought they should at least get a near 200 total on the board, but getting shot out for less than 90 is a disgrace no matter how yuo look at it.

nothing but respect for shahadat.

One World
June 25, 2007, 08:16 PM
Well I knew Murali is gonna make it hard but i was hoping it could be 289 all out rather, :|.

AsifTheManRahman
June 25, 2007, 08:20 PM
Well I think most people are forgetting the fact that we were out of test cricket for almost two years. Whatever progress we'd made until then means nothing now, since we've had to start all over again beginning with India last month. We will continue to struggle if test matches are taken away from us like this. The near-two-year break was the worst thing that's happened to Bangladesh cricket in a while.

ammark
June 25, 2007, 08:21 PM
The warning signs were there. The whole line-up has SEVERE limitations. Both in Individual batting and Bowling. It was bound to happen

To respond to ATMR... I'm just thinking of it this way:

- If we're starting from 0 because of the one year break, why must we stick to the tried, tested, experienced, underperforming ones... instead of trying new blood. We wouldnt be any worse off. :-|

Mahir
June 25, 2007, 08:30 PM
Disappointed most definitely. But it was always in the cards. BD Test batting has always been vulnerable, against Sri Lanka especially. But I am looking forward to a much improved 2nd innings showing. But need to get the Lankan innings end without conceding a lead greater than 300 runs.

Rommel
June 25, 2007, 08:35 PM
Well with all the sadness in the forum today due to Bangladesh's pathetic batting display, I am going to say something very optimistic about the remaining 4 days: Lets say it rains the next 2 days. So 2 days left and Bangladesh is down by 138 runs. Shahadat comes in and gets 3 quick wickets and puts Lanka at about 260 for 6. Then the tail comes in and SriLanka goes all out for 289 by lunch. Bangladesh then makes up for its horrible batting performance by batting aggressively and put up 200 by the end of day 4. On Day 5, Bangladesh bats 1 1/2 sessions and puts up 150 more giving SriLanka 1 1/2 sessions to try to get 151 runs. Match might end up in a draw. I know this is almost impossible but fans have to have something to dream about.

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well with all the sadness in the forum today due to Bangladesh's pathetic batting display, I am going to say something very optimistic about the remaining 4 days: Lets say it rains the next 2 days. So 2 days left and Bangladesh is down by 138 runs. Shahadat comes in and gets 3 quick wickets and puts Lanka at about 260 for 6. Then the tail comes in and SriLanka goes all out for 289 by lunch. Bangladesh then makes up for its horrible batting performance by batting aggressively and put up 200 by the end of day 4. On Day 5, Bangladesh bats 1 1/2 sessions and puts up 150 more giving SriLanka 1 1/2 sessions to try to get 151 runs. Match might end up in a draw. I know this is almost impossible but fans have to have something to dream about.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sNzEQ8hG1zA
:D

Mahir
June 25, 2007, 08:38 PM
I know this is almost impossible but fans have to have something to dream about.

Kudos to you for such a big dose of wishful thinking :up: Gotta love it, being an ever-optimist myself!

Rifat
June 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
let's not criticize players anymore they need all the enthusiasm they can get. i want to show them that we are with them all the way and they are capable of performing big.

don't forget we still have 2 more tests and a odi series coming up, if we let the players play freely then we can take something good from this series and we shall be pleased God almighty willing.

AsifTheManRahman
June 25, 2007, 08:47 PM
Rain and optimism in the same sentence?

One World
June 25, 2007, 08:47 PM
good link elctroquiem.

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 08:50 PM
good link elctroquiem.

:D ... Good to see optimism still somewhat prevalent among the fans.

Seldom do we have polls that are so evenly divided....

selina
June 25, 2007, 08:51 PM
I knew it was gonna be a tough game, especially because we're playing Sri Lanka.
But I had no idea that we were gonna be all out for 89.:o I mean come on! :eek:

I didn't know that was coming, especially after Ash's solid and determined interviews.

But I'm still gonna say good luck to Ash and co. for next innings. :flag:

I mean we're the fans, if we don't support them in tough times, who will?

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 08:53 PM
I knew it was gonna be a tough game, especially because we're playing Sri Lanka.
But I had no idea that we were gonna be all out for 89.:o I mean come on! :eek:

I didn't know that was coming, especially after Ash's solid and determined interviews.

But I'm still gonna say good luck to Ash and co. for next innings. :flag:

The players' immediate families :D?

To slightly alter Mr. Twain's quote:

"A true fan supports his country all the time, and the players when they deserve it." Frankly, I don't think the players deserve support this time. And this is coming from someone who has been called overly optimistic in the past.

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 08:54 PM
I am always with them, whatever they performs in the field. I am born to support them.:-p

Rifat
June 25, 2007, 08:56 PM
I am always with them, whatever they performs in the field. I am born to support them.:-p

a true bangladeshi you are.. the rest of us...no comment

selina
June 25, 2007, 08:58 PM
The players' immediate families :D?

To slightly alter Mr. Twain's quote:

"A true fan supports his country all the time, and the players when they deserve it." Frankly, I don't think the players deserve support this time. And this is coming from someone who has been called overly optimistic in the past.

Ok, ok point taken. Just burst my bubble.:-X

Electrequiem
June 25, 2007, 09:00 PM
Ok, ok point taken. Just burst my bubble.:-X

I solemnly welcome you to the Club of Broken Hearts and Bursted Bubbles.:big_hug:

syzygy
June 25, 2007, 09:05 PM
...I am going to say something very optimistic about the remaining 4 days: Lets say it rains the next 2 days.

thats what u call a true optimistic fan..rain and optimism joining hands to do the rescue act :)

One World
June 25, 2007, 09:09 PM
Yes rain will save the other nations too to prevent some of the records. I believe Shane Warne is sitting their with his fingers crossed.

selina
June 25, 2007, 09:09 PM
Oh... first you burst my perfect bubble and now you want me to join the club of bursted bubbles! And I thought you were about to mend my bubble. :(

Boys these days. :-t

Anyways WarWolf bhaiya I like ur sig, it's so true.

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 09:12 PM
Anyways WarWolf bhaiya I like ur sig, it's so true.
Thanks apu.:)

WarWolf
June 25, 2007, 09:15 PM
Yes rain will save the other nations too to prevent some of the records. I believe Shane Warne is sitting their with his fingers crossed.
I don't care about the records. I don't want rain to save our faces. We need to play without weather interruption and take the pain whatever comes along the way. This is the only way to build a team. No escape from what you deserve.

al Furqaan
June 25, 2007, 09:43 PM
this match is all about individual effforts now...

i'd like to see shahadat get another 5 wicket haul, possibly pick up 6 or 7 (am i dreaming)

ash or someone get a 50 and then a 100

solid bowling and fielding

mushfiq and mehrab in place of pilot and JO for the remaining 2 tests.

mali007
June 25, 2007, 10:16 PM
I was not surprised at all !! If you have read my pre match posts, I was apprehending this type of debacle. If you select OUT OF FORM players, then out come will be like this. How many times have you noticed SN flicking on fine leg and well awared WK has taken catches ? Did he try to rectify those weak points ? Same applied to JO for those unnecessary " KHOCHA" outside off stick !!!! Now time has come to reform BCB like two
major POLITICAL PARTIES .

Imtiazk
June 26, 2007, 07:24 AM
Change the title: replace first day with second day !!

Sohel
June 26, 2007, 07:27 AM
Dissappointed: VERY.
Unexpected: not really.

FOR THE WHOLE TEST MATCH.

Sovik
June 26, 2007, 07:29 AM
do i have to spell it out. 89 all out!

Cricket Crazy
June 26, 2007, 07:30 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

Rubu
June 26, 2007, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I was expecting (fearing would be a much better word) it. i.e: it was not expected.

SS
June 26, 2007, 08:01 AM
do i have to spell it out. 89 all out!
If four batsmen of other team can score century this score (from eleven batsmen) is totally unexceptable, disgusting, humiliating.

Thunder
June 26, 2007, 08:03 AM
I am not dissapointed at all. In fact i thought this was bound to happen. After all we are Bangladesh, aren't we? we shoudn't expect our team to play like Australia. As a lowest ranking test cricket team, i think we haven't doen that bad...! :)

Also without Dav, this breakdown was much more expected ! I will be surprised if they improve anything in the next matches.

SS
June 26, 2007, 08:07 AM
I am not dissapointed at all. In fact i thought this was bound to happen. After all we are Bangladesh, aren't we? we shoudn't expect our team to play like Australia. As a lowest ranking test cricket team, i think we haven't doen that bad...! :)
True but how low can you go?

Ak
June 26, 2007, 08:11 AM
It was expected.

Rabz
June 26, 2007, 09:08 AM
Lets just hope we can manage to salvage some pride...of whatever is left.

Ganguly da
June 26, 2007, 09:26 AM
Vaas making century?? c'mmon!!! I'm sooooo disappointed as an Indian.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 09:39 AM
there is noting to disappoint ! Vaas can make hundred against India too, afterall he has capped 93 test matches. you better follow the one day match in belfast, where Van Wyke can make a hundred in his third match, ok ?

Omio
June 26, 2007, 09:42 AM
not at all,
We will b back hopefully

taklima_naj
June 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
I got wordless seeing the score in the morning

me too

akabir77
June 26, 2007, 09:49 AM
thank god they didn't score 900 against us.

DJ Sahastra
June 26, 2007, 09:52 AM
thank god they didn't score 900 against us.

That would've been better - the match would've gone into the 5th day with a good chance of a draw.

SS
June 26, 2007, 09:55 AM
When Irfan Pathan was batting good ...I don't think none of us ever thought that way. Both are good all rounder.

MZaman
June 26, 2007, 10:15 AM
Not much. I don't think someone goes to the field and decides to throw away their wicket. The players did their best. The fact that we failed to unearth the telet who can face Murali is a failuer for our nation and BCB as a whole.

WarWolf
June 26, 2007, 10:21 AM
I am afraid you don't know his batting record last year. It was over 55. I hope you got it now.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
SL has ALWAYS been the dominant side on their home ground. But I won't let that curtail the fact that BD bowlers were not up to par. I went to sleep at approximately 4.10am, when the score was 385/6. This morning, I was totally shocked to see no more wickets fall. Vaas's century triggered some disturbing memories, notably Gillie's double ton.

Lojja lojja ... koi rakhi?!

cricket_dorshok
June 26, 2007, 10:32 AM
relax guy! due to ICC's stupid FTP, we started from scratch. give some time.

Baundule
June 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
SL has ALWAYS been the dominant side on their home ground. But I won't let that curtail the fact that BD bowlers were not up to par. I went to sleep at approximately 4.10am, when the score was 385/6. This morning, I was totally shocked to see no more wickets fall. Vaas's century triggered some disturbing memories, notably Gillie's double ton.

Lojja lojja ... koi rakhi?!

huh! After following the match so far, your first thing is to blame the bowlers!:yawn:

WarWolf
June 26, 2007, 10:35 AM
We are disappointed, but I am sure the players are more. Let's bear the frustation inside us and stand beside them.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
huh! After following the match so far, your first thing is to blame the bowlers!:yawn:

nah Baundule bhai ... I am talking about the 2nd day in particular. Batsmen der bepare are kichu bolar nai ... ora shobai kohinoor.

rubel_18
June 26, 2007, 10:51 AM

Your an Indian and you feel disappointed, how do you think us Bengali's feel, I can tell you we're really pissed, anyway wats done is done we can only hope the the players at least reach their own individual target. Like Rafique getting closer to his 100 wickets in Test etc.

radagast
June 26, 2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah I am disappointed. Sulked for ONE WHOLE hour and got over it. Hope our sweet sweet SWEET players :rolleyes: can move on too.

Baundule
June 26, 2007, 01:14 PM
nah Baundule bhai ... I am talking about the 2nd day in particular. Batsmen der bepare are kichu bolar nai ... ora shobai kohinoor.
Diamond, genuine diamond. :D

al Furqaan
June 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
actually we can get some semblance of "respect" back if we last till 4th day.

if we bat 4 sessions, i will be damn pleased, but i will settle for 3...

i said before the series even started, before our 89 all out, that lasting till 4th day was more realistic than ash's "we want to play 5 days" idea.

so if we do that, then i won't be terribly heartbroken.