PDA

View Full Version : Nirman school cricket

Slysaint
June 26, 2007, 04:32 AM
I was wondering if nirman school comptetition is around? is it still the bastion of english medium schools in dhaka competing? aka scholastica, sunbeams, wills etc as it used to be from what i recall or has it changed to include other schools not just in dhaka but also other divisions?

If i remember correctly, it used to be a great program in bangladesh cricket.

nannu
June 26, 2007, 04:53 AM
wills isnt only english medium only. most of the players are from bangla medium.

also mehrab hossain opi ( senior) was from bangla medium. i know , i was there .

Slysaint
June 26, 2007, 05:09 AM
wills isnt only english medium only. most of the players are from bangla medium.

also mehrab hossain opi ( senior) was from bangla medium. i know , i was there .

I stand corrected. but is it still around?

Ahmed_B
June 26, 2007, 05:25 AM
Nirman school cricket ultimately became very popular and used to be play (if i remember correctly) throughout the country.... untill BD got its test status. And during the last 5-6 years of test status... it somehow got lost under the shadows of BCB cricket academy and BKSP. Again then.. very recently , Standard Chartered bank initiated a country-wide inter-school cricket league which is somewhat similar to the Nirman. This Stan-Chart is currently the most professional school-cricket available around. Nirman isnt continued anymore.

Nafis_BD
June 26, 2007, 09:38 AM
Ya now there is the StanChart school cricket league. Someone living in Dhaka might be able to give you some more infromation on that!!