PDA

View Full Version : Your ideal outcome for the first test

Dhurr
June 26, 2007, 07:08 AM
I hope we get all out for 88 and lose by an innings and 400 runs.

Any team that lets 33-year old Vaas, who had never scored a test century until this point, humiliate them like this deserves to lose badly. 96 test matches, 140 innings and not one century. He plays against Bangladesh and scores a century.

I stayed in BD through the Mohsin Kamal and Ali Zia days. I stayed a fan through the torment of the ICC trophy days when we were always oh-so-close but never made it to the World Cup until a brave innings from Akram Khan made it possible. I didn't say anything even when Gillespie scored a double century, but there is a limit to everything. This is getting ridiculous.

Keep on bringing more changes. Drop anyone over the age of 21. Draft some players from the under-15 team if you can, especially if they have strike rates of over 90 or if they are over 5'10.

Drop JO. Pick Tamim Iqbal instead for tests.
Drop HaBa. Pick Tushar Imran.
Drop Pilot. Pick Mushy.

The day we bring about these three changes, we will beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 400 runs. Hell if we let Mushy play instead of Pilot, Mushy would have rotated the strike at the end of every over to protect the tail enders and scored a double century and we would not be in this predicament now.

Sohel
June 26, 2007, 07:13 AM
I'd be happy with Ash playing to his potential and Abir playing well enough to save his career before taking a sabbatical in the NCL ... batting all day tomorrow will give them the chance to do that ... the outcome is inevitable and Day 4 is lightyears away at this point.

Cricket Crazy
June 26, 2007, 07:15 AM
i dnt think dat BD will be able to bat all day 2moro!

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 07:21 AM
my heart says we CAN score at least 200/220

Imtiazk
June 26, 2007, 07:22 AM
Let's talk sensibly and not emotionally. Let us play a test match and not another brilliant 41 ball 63 and then hurl the white flag.

Jayawardene has helped us out by batting far longer than they need have. There is every possibility of rain. OK, 3 days is a tall order but losing 1.5 to 2 days to rain is not impossible. That means batting a day and a half. There is nothing in the pitch to worry about. What is to worry about is in our heads. Can we keep our heads down and apply ourselves. Not play silly strokes.

I have heard about our ability and potential ad nauseam, now is the time to show.
"It's the attitude, stupid."

Rubu
June 26, 2007, 07:26 AM

And strip Ash off captaincy and make shahadat the captain.

We really need to realize what our test situation is and need to be patient. We never are able to play murali and I don't know if we ever will be. Accept that as a fact.

we keep forgetting where we are.

SS
June 26, 2007, 07:31 AM
we are loosing the test within three days and innings and 200 runs :(
As Sreeram Veera said,"Jayawardene was unhurried and classy, and used the pull shot well to accelerate the scoring. By the close of play, only one team could lose and that was not Sri Lanka. "

Nafis_BD
June 26, 2007, 08:18 AM
My ideal outcome would have been us playing all day tomorrow with losing only 1to 2 wickets and all the players trying their best and everyone even the tailenders trying to score a double century or it rains and we do that but that's not even near what's going to happen so I am not hoping of that. Now we could just hope to get as close as we can to a "Shommanjonok Porajoy"!!

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 08:26 AM
Vass is many times better batsman than Gillespie. If you hadn't said anything when he made the doubleton then you should not say anything now. WI didn't stop when KM and Rafique scored a century at their ground, did they?

Rabz
June 26, 2007, 09:03 AM
Very very frustated fan i say.
Take it easy mate... our day will come.

Ahmed_B
June 26, 2007, 09:14 AM
WI didn't stop when KM and Rafique scored a century at their ground, did they?
Well said. :)

Rommel
June 26, 2007, 09:44 AM
If Bangladesh bats the whole day tommorow and if day 4 and day 5 gets washed out, will the match end in a draw?

sadi
June 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
I know its frustating to see Vaas scoring a ton but he is a much better batsman than Gillespie and should have got his hundred long time ago. It is tough to see Bangladesh play so helplessly but I would wait till tomorrow to make any comment.

zahid
June 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
I hope we loose by 400 runs :)

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
Whats the point of delaying the inevitable? At this point, there IS no ideal outcome. BD will have another fallout tomorrow. I am tired of foolishly hoping for competition all the time.

mali007
June 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
I hope we get all out for 88 and lose by an innings and 400 runs.

Any team that lets 33-year old Vaas, who had never scored a test century until this point, humiliate them like this deserves to lose badly. 96 test matches, 140 innings and not one century. He plays against Bangladesh and scores a century.

I stayed in BC through the Mohsin Kamal and Ali Zia days. I stayed a fan through the torment of the ICC trophy days when we were always oh-so-close but never made it to the World Cup until a brave innings from Akram Khan made it possible. I didn't say anything even when Gillespie scored a double century, but there is a limit to everything. This is getting ridiculous.

Keep on bringing more changes. Drop anyone over the age of 21. Draft some players from the under-15 team if you can, especially if they have strike rates of over 90 or if they are over 5'10.

Drop Pilot. Pick Mushy.

The day we bring about these three changes, we will beat Sri Lanka by an innings and 400 runs. Hell if we let Mushy play instead of Pilot, Mushy would have rotated the strike at the end of every over to protect the tail enders and scored a double century and we would not be in this predicament now.
Thank you very much for echoing my opinions. Since last Indian team visit of Bangladesh
, on & off I was mentioning that we are not resourceful like other countries
to afford two difft. teams for test & ODI. Some of BC members did not like my IDEA and question about my cricket knowledge !!! They were mentioning that Tamim is not ready
for the test!! Yes, according to you he will be ready when our test status will be over !!
Bring Tamim, Aftab, Rakibul and other young blood immediately to keep our test status. If you choose to play test in SL with two seamers and with bunch of ineffective
spinners, then not only VAS, any body can score maiden CENTURY !!!!

rubel_18
June 26, 2007, 10:59 AM

We really need to realize what our test situation is and need to be patient. We never are able to play murali and I don't know if we ever will be. Accept that as a fact.

we keep forgetting where we are.

What the hell are you talking about strip Ash off captaincy it's not his fault the stupid top order went out quickly, i accept him taking the blame for his wicket which was a stupid shot but to take away his captaincy after only his first test is stupid. And another thing how can you say they shud replace him with Shahadat are you crazy he is still unexperienced and on top of that I'd rather have Mash if Ash had to be stripped off captaincy!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

israr
June 26, 2007, 11:04 AM
I hope we loose by 400 runs :)

I surmise you aren't acquainted with test cricket.

Hatebreed
June 26, 2007, 11:05 AM
We will be all out tomorrow and lose by innings and 350-400 runs. Best we can do is bat out the day. In all seriousness, I'd like to see us do the near impossible and at least negate that lead as if it's the winning target.

Nafis_BD
June 26, 2007, 11:37 AM
What the hell are you talking about strip Ash off captaincy it's not his fault the stupid top order went out quickly, i accept him taking the blame for his wicket which was a stupid shot but to take away his captaincy after only his first test is stupid. And another thing how can you say they shud replace him with Shahadat are you crazy he is still unexperienced and on top of that I'd rather have Mash if Ash had to be stripped off captaincy!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

I think Rubu bhaiya was being sarcastic. Were you??

DJ Sahastra
June 26, 2007, 11:39 AM
"What the hell are you talking about strip Ash off captaincy it's not his fault the stupid top order went out quickly"

It is Ash's fault that stupid top order went out quickly. He is the top order.

radagast
June 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
It would be nice if we could bat thorough out the day tomorrow. Right now I don't care about the score anymore - I just want to see us bat though out the gorram day! 1 Lousy day... is that too much to ask?????

Padosan
June 26, 2007, 11:52 AM
I dont care abt the fifties, if the 2-3 in the top order all play 2 sessions together, i would be more than happy.

well, we will see a quickfire 50 from Ash or Mashrafe.. thats what we will see in the second innings, not a crease occupying effort. Bravery in a test match is playing sessions together and not hitting boundaries. Lets see who are all the brave batsmen out there.

cheers !
Padosan

Miraz
June 26, 2007, 12:01 PM
Attn: BC members
BC is going offer Sarc 101 course for free. Please sign up for the course without any further delay. Limited seats available.

Sadz
June 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
If bangladesh are all out tomorow is there going to be any more play?

Padosan
June 26, 2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, SL can carry on the lead to the next text match. BD can come back and bat again for the third innings(1st innings of next match). Its like rollover minutes.

cheers !

LateCut
June 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
I have an idea! Lets construct a theoritcal inning by compiling all time best performances by BD teams for each wicket. Like best first wicket stand, 2nd wicket stand, 3rd wicket stand and so forth. Lets see what the final score we come up with. That will be the best scenario we can even dream of. I think even that inning will not be adequate get get us out of this blackhole.

LateCut
June 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
Is there a mercy law in cricket? Like in some level of baseball? For example, if you are loosing by a big margin (that is too one-sided) then the game is stopped.

Sillypoint
June 26, 2007, 12:34 PM
Yes, SL can carry on the lead to the next text match. BD can come back and bat again for the third innings(1st innings of next match). Its like rollover minutes.

cheers !

LOL

Sillypoint
June 26, 2007, 12:37 PM
Is there a mercy law in cricket? Like in some level of baseball? For example, if you are loosing by a big margin (that is too one-sided) then the game is stopped.

I am relieved that there is no humiliation law in cricket...like if you lose by an innings and more than 400 runs then you will have to take off your trousers and shirts while leaving the field.

rubel_18
June 26, 2007, 02:18 PM

cheers !

HAHAHA lol:lol:

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 02:28 PM
I have an idea! Lets construct a theoritcal inning by compiling all time best performances by BD teams for each wicket. Like best first wicket stand, 2nd wicket stand, 3rd wicket stand and so forth. Lets see what the final score we come up with. That will be the best scenario we can even dream of. I think even that inning will not be adequate get get us out of this blackhole.
Let me expand the idea a little bit. How about best score ever by the players. That would give us some more breathing room.

JO 119
SH 138
Rajin 89
HB 113
Ash 158*
Sakib 30
KM 103*
Mash 79
MR 111
SH 31
AR 15
Total: 986

We can win this match if everyone plays their best. :) If this happens SL would forfiet the game for sure.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 02:29 PM
Not for this match.

LateCut
June 26, 2007, 02:58 PM
Not for this match.

Really! You mean nobody will play danda-gooley on the empty field on the fourth and fifth day?

habfreak
June 26, 2007, 03:09 PM

i didn't say anything....:-p :-p :-p

habfreak
June 26, 2007, 03:11 PM
Ideal outcome will be Bangladesh batting until tea on the 4th day...no matter how slow the runrate is.
Realistic outcome will be Bangladesh all out by the end of the day for 220 in 75 overs.

Umar
June 26, 2007, 03:25 PM
I think it will be a draw...Coz its gonna be rainining in Srilanka next two days.

Sillypoint
June 26, 2007, 03:37 PM
Ideal outcome would be BD scoring 300+ for the loss of 2 wickets and Nafis scoring a century, then monsoon rain stopping any further play. Allah megh de pani de....

mhferdaus
June 26, 2007, 03:40 PM
okay this the strategy we should follow :

think the 2nd innings as the 1st innings of the test, like redoing the 1st innings ... forget about innings defeat looming, forget about pressure, just play natural and sensible game, think about elegant lazyness, if you serve me the ball close to my body only then I would play and against the line [ hopefully swing would be minimum so that playing straight would be easier ].

according to my analogy the best three to handle Murali in our ranks are Asharful Bhai, Habibul Uncle and Khaled Uncle, so make them come at serial in the middle or lower middle order, as soon as Murali Uncle comes, do not waste them against pacers, Rajin Uncle and Saqibul Bhai might be better coming and 1 and 2 down [ according to situation if openers go early ], Rafique Uncle must be given the licence to enjoy against Murali Uncle cuz otherwise he might not be able to survive only blocking ... the rest of the batting line up, play according to your instinct ...

SS
June 26, 2007, 03:58 PM
Kono uncle bhai mamu kicchu korte parbona...SL to ar mamu bhari na...
tommorrow even they block and stay longer Murali and others are so good that it will go through their block hole.

Sohel
June 26, 2007, 04:01 PM
Kono uncle bhai mamu kicchu korte parbona...SL to ar mamu bhari na...
tommorrow even they block and stay longer Murali and others are so good that it will go through their block hole.

True, very true. Yet one must imagine sisyphus happy.

mhferdaus
June 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
True, very true. Yet one must imagine sisyphus happy.

Sohel Uncle ... what is up with this sissy thingy ... oh wait I know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus ... that zeus was a something eh :D, and the strategy was there to atleast work up something instead of lazy surrender ... cuz atleast with each fight they would become stronger :D,

and one must imagine Kurosagi Ichigo stronger than Yamamoto Taicho :D too

LateCut
June 26, 2007, 05:15 PM
I heard the pagla baba said the headline on Friday will be as follows:
"Never before in the cricket history a team played so poorly and yet managed a draw."

I asked the pagla baba "how come?"

He boomed: " Have you not heard of collective hilucination? Is in't Indian subcontinent famous for ganja and bhang?"

"It is but how would you persuade the Lankans to smoke it?"

"The will my son! It is not often a pace bowler scores a century or two. They are in seventh heaven now. They will need something to climb down!"

"you mean to say that this was a calculated strategy on our part?"

"Do not insult me! I do not predict the past. It is for you mortals to do that"

Dhurr
June 26, 2007, 06:14 PM
Very very frustated fan i say.
Take it easy mate... our day will come.

chup be kaluwitharnar jamai

Dhurr
June 26, 2007, 06:16 PM
Attn: BC members
BC is going offer Sarc 101 course for free. Please sign up for the course without any further delay. Limited seats available.

thank you.

One World
June 26, 2007, 09:30 PM
Post # 6 adding Dhurr to the team
Post # 9 A bit wayward
Post #19 Speaks my heart
Post # 23 Saddistically funny
Post # 36 Depicted well

mla
June 27, 2007, 04:34 AM
Vaas is actually a pretty decent batsman so I don't think we need feel too bad about him getting his century. He scored a lot of runs on the England tour last year and his contribution played a major part in SL saving the first test.

Electrequiem
June 27, 2007, 09:35 AM
My ideal outcome: Avert the innings defeat. Thats the only way in which BD players can make amends for the pathetic batting display on the first innings.

One World
June 29, 2007, 12:03 AM
the morning is showing the day, anybody know how the tour schedule gets affected when tests get finished by 3 day or 3 day + half hour. they get extra two days to tour around, do shopping, chill around pubs and cafes or sits inside the room in disappointment?